• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It was never confirmed it took him 2 minutes, so that doesn't even matter. Plus he said that if he went faux 100% he would be there instantly. And even if it took him 2 minutes, which it didn't, it would just be an inconsistency no matter what. Since that would place deku at supersonic+ and there's COUNTLES feats putting him WAY higher than that. So even if the 2 minute thing was true it wouldn't even matter.

I understand speed in all fiction is inconsistent. I also understand that Horikoshi isn't a god who writes according to the exact power levels his characters are "supposed" to have. However, basing Deku and All Might's MAXIMUM exterted speeds based off 3 panels and like 2 pages (For the currently used Nagant and Laser calc respectively) that's far above their explicit shown feats should be a sign that this isn't consistent. These calcs and type of discussion just seem to me like people want higher numbers on the profiles, not that they actually know or care about consistency for the verse as a whole. I'm not advocating for a HHS or even MHS downgrade for MHA, but the profiles should at least RESEMBLE something similar to what you could actually see in the series if you opened a book from the series without actively searching for things to calc and scale

I understand speed in all fiction is inconsistent. I also understand that Horikoshi isn't a god who writes according to the exact power levels his characters are "supposed" to have. However, basing Deku and All Might's MAXIMUM exterted speeds based off 3 panels and like 2 pages (For the currently used Nagant and Laser calc respectively) that's far above their explicit shown feats should be a sign that this isn't consistent. These calcs and type of discussion just seem to me like people want higher numbers on the profiles, not that they actually know or care about consistency for the verse as a whole. I'm not advocating for a HHS or even MHS downgrade for MHA, but the profiles should at least RESEMBLE something similar to what you could actually see in the series if you opened a book from the series without actively searching for things to calc and scale
I don't get this line of argument, and it's so popular for some reason. Like, you're trying to use a (fake) supersonic+ feat to downgrade mha from sub-relativistic to MHS+. As if there isn't a massive difference between MHS+ and supersonic+ too. Your qualifications are completely arbitrary, why is going from supersonic+ to sub-relativistic too much but supersonic+ to MHS+ is completely fine. There's nothing objective about that. That's not even mentioning the fact that the 2 minute thing is not even canon so it doesn't matter.

I don't get this line of argument, and it's so popular for some reason. Like, you're trying to use a (fake) supersonic+ feat to downgrade mha from sub-relativistic to MHS+. As if there isn't a massive difference between MHS+ and supersonic+ too. Your qualifications are completely arbitrary, why is going from supersonic+ to sub-relativistic too much but supersonic+ to MHS+ is completely fine. There's nothing objective about that. That's not even mentioning the fact that the 2 minute thing is not even canon so it doesn't matter.
Regardless of the exact timeframe for Deku crossing the ocean, anyone with eyes can see that it took more than a few seconds, so my point still stands. Also, the difference between mach 2 and mach 100 is far smaller than the difference between mach 100 and mach 17,000. And my main argument also still stands. We shouldn't be having "feats" that only exist through calcs take precedence over stuff that we actually see happening in the story. You literally cannot gauge the Lady Nagant feat without making multiple assumptions and running numbers. Whereas if you see Deku outspeed her bullet (Which is calced literally 170 times lower, hm I wonder why), there's minimal assumptions that need to be made.

These calcs and type of discussion just seem to me like people want higher numbers on the profiles, not that they actually know or care about consistency for the verse as a whole.
That seems to be the overall trend and impression folks get of this community. A single interpretation of a single panel or feat can result in comically high numbers, and suddenly anything else is inconsistent or irrelevant. Be it a multitude of feats, statements, or narratives insinuating something completely different.
The goal should be a fact-based and objective attempt to portray all feats, statements, and consistency in a connected cohesive manner.
This is not the site or space for that, and to be fair, while many spaces do it better, none are perfect.

That seems to be the overall trend and impression folks get of this community. A single interpretation of a single panel or feat can result in comically high numbers, and suddenly anything else is inconsistent or irrelevant. Be it a multitude of feats, statements, or narratives insinuating something completely different.
The goal should be a fact-based and objective attempt to portray all feats, statements, and consistency in a connected cohesive manner.
This is not the site or space for that, and to be fair, while many spaces do it better, none are perfect.
I agree, but nobody will actually acknowledge this because they're still going to read the next chapter desperately scanning panels to find anything that could give them a higher number, which I'm guilty of too but at some point you've gotta notice when it gets too much, which is why I find the mach 17,000 calc so absurd

Regardless of the exact timeframe for Deku crossing the ocean, anyone with eyes can see that it took more than a few seconds, so my point still stands. Also, the difference between mach 2 and mach 100 is far smaller than the difference between mach 100 and mach 17,000. And my main argument also still stands. We shouldn't be having "feats" that only exist through calcs take precedence over stuff that we actually see happening in the story. You literally cannot gauge the Lady Nagant feat without making multiple assumptions and running numbers. Whereas if you see Deku outspeed her bullet (Which is calced literally 170 times lower, hm I wonder why), there's minimal assumptions that need to be made.
No we can't see how long it took deku to cross, idk where you're so confidently getting seconds from. It could be a millionth of second for all we know. And Idk where you're getting MULTIPLE assumptions from for the nagant feat. And again, why is one big difference acceptable and another big difference not acceptable. Where's this objective line we can measure. And the only reason why deku outspeeding her bullet is calced that much lower is because it's assuming that it's a normal bullet, which it clearly isn't.

Shimura dude that's straight up not true. Even granting MHA the whole "Talking is a free action" and "Thinking in slow motion" tropes, THIS is still CLEARLY multiple seconds. And again, there's a much more massive difference between 100 and 17,000 than there is between 1 and 100. And 17,000 is also clearly detached from any sort of notion of speed in the series while 100 is not based off what we can actually see the characters do

It could be a millionth of second for all we know.
I love it when characters travel across the ocean in a millionth of a second while complaining how slow they are, and eventually get assistance from piloted jets setting themselves up in a line for them to whip onto, allowing them to reach the location faster. Checks out 👍

Last edited:
clover we also use common fiction stuff as feats, that's the whole point of the website. If you consider the positive feats but not the ones that contradict them, you're not trying to accurately index them, you're trying to get a higher result.

Are we really trying to use common fiction stuff as “anti-feats” now?

Insanity
Depends on which bit you mean?

Characters talking to each other in the middle of combat? No, I wouldn't use that.

Characters explicitly failing to cross a known, finite distance in a reasonable timeframe and lamenting their slowness? I'll pay attention to that.

No One you don't get it, Uraraka talked to Toga, got saved by Froppy, told Deku to get to Shigaraki, Deku got picked up by the planes, Shigaraki fought Bakugo twice and killed him, and everything else happened in one millionth of a second. It's just a common anime trope
To be fair, the fights didn’t necessarily happen chronologically. For all we know, Deku could have arrived essentially after Shigaraki killed Bakugou

It’s completely possible that the Bakugou fight didn’t last more than like a minute, considering the fast paced nature of it

Last edited:
clover we also use common fiction stuff as feats, that's the whole point of the website. If you consider the positive feats but not the ones that contradict them, you're not trying to accurately index them, you're trying to get a higher result.
No, it’s called looking at the feat in context to determine if it’s valid. This mentality is very close-minded and results in very quick and baseless accusations of “upgrades for the sake of upgrades”

Depends on which bit you mean?

Characters talking to each other in the middle of combat? No, I wouldn't use that.

Characters explicitly failing to cross a known, finite distance in a reasonable timeframe and lamenting their slowness? I'll pay attention to that.
“Lamenting their slowness” compared to a higher level of speed they can access, yes

But yeah idc really about that feat, I just said a millionth of second to show that we don't know how long it took. (BUT to be fair to me, things like the namek fight with frieza and the trunks vs frieza fight clearly show to us that yes it's perfectly possible in a fictional setting for multiple stretched out things to happen in less of second.)

The feat would be an outlier no matter what and the characters in the final war, especially deku and shigaraki, are in completely different levels rn. So I don't see how them suddenly going from mhs+ to sub-relativistic or higher is so insane if the calcs work out and they're much more powerful then they used to be. You can't really call it an outlier when these versions of the characters are on a completely different level.

I love it when characters travel across the ocean in a millionth of a second while complaining how slow they are, and eventually get assistance from piloted jets setting themselves up in a line for them to whip onto, allowing them to reach the location faster. Checks out 👍
No One you don't get it, Uraraka talked to Toga, got saved by Froppy, told Deku to get to Shigaraki, Deku got picked up by the planes, Shigaraki fought Bakugo twice and killed him, and everything else happened in one millionth of a second. It's just a common anime trope
I understand this is meant to mock the opposition and all, and frankly it’s pretty unappreciated

Mocking only works if there's truth in it
You’re not helping your case

Also @Damage3245 how come you’re giving kudos to this sorta thing? I get you share similar sentiments to them but I don’t think that means that you as an admin should be encouraging this sorta thing. Sorry for the tag and all but this just doesn’t sit right

Anyways, the fact that yall are trying so hard to downgrade the verse even though the sub-relativistic calc itself is already extremely lowballed is insane to me. Like what's next, should we assume that a weakened 100% evolved shigaraki is actually moving slower than a snail? Bffr. Might as well go ahead and downgrade the verse to building level.

Anyways, the fact that yall are trying so hard to downgrade the verse even though the sub-relativistic calc itself is already extremely lowballed is insane to me. Like what's next, should we assume that a weakened 100% evolved shigaraki is actually moving slower than a snail? Bffr. Might as well go ahead and downgrade the verse to building level.
I don’t think this helps either. I doubt there’s a bias against the verse, it seems more like genuine concerns (even if I personally find them unfounded)

Let’s not poison the well

Back