• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why would Deku taking minutes to cross the ocean be an outlier (absurdly slow) and not Deku being massively faster than Nagant's bullets that cross a country in miliseconds (absurdly fast) ?
To be fair, Deku has several other feats in that sphere. Currently, there’s a Sub-Relativistic and MHS+ calc, and there is an All Might calc that needs a CRT on the laser speed that will end up somewhere between Sub-Rel to Rel, and depending on how the anime of S7 goes, the Star and Stripe laser feat could become Sub-Rel

Jesus. I'm saying his 100% doesn't grant him the ability to travel over long distances at higher equivalent speeds than his 45% would let him. 45% downscales, it's literally said on Deku's profile.

Jesus. I'm saying his 100% doesn't grant him the ability to travel over long distances at higher equivalent speeds than his 45% would let him. 45% downscales, it's literally said on Deku's profile.
It literally does tho lmfao

Deku flies by kicking the air and using Float to stop him from falling. At 100%, he can generate far more energy with his kicks then 45% does, which gives him more momentum and propels him way faster, thus allowing him to travel long distances better

"Sub-Relativistic with One For All (Was able to keep up with Complete Shigaraki, whose speed is on par with Prime All Might. Stated to be able to cross more than 200 kilometers in an instant),"
That's not 45%, we don't know what percentage Izuku's using but it's clearly higher than 45%. That's why it's labeled as with One For All and not any percentage.

If Izuku doesn't state his percentage we're just going to treat it as 100%.

45% was overpowered and slower than Incomplete Shigaraki, who is Weakened All Might level.

Current Izuku easily stopped a punch and reacted to Complete Shigaraki's speed, who is Prime All Might level.

This is the current accepted scaling.

Look, I get being annoyed in such a moment.

But if that is getting to be too much I'd suggest just taking a step back and giving yourself a chance to cool down. It's not like what they says will magically change the profiles or anyone's opinion in an instant. So I don't think it needs to be taken all to seriously.

Alright? Not saying or implying anyone is in trouble, just to take a deep breath and compose oneself.

All I ask is for people to actually turn their brains on and read before trying to claim anything about anything.

But hey, average intelligence isn’t average, so whatever.
This sort of thing doesn't help, though. I fully understand getting annoyed when someone appears to be ignorant, but this doesn't make things any better

Remember when people were trying to downgrade Number 6 to Subsonic because of the feat of Koichi apparently keeping track of him by hearing his footsteps

Point is anime and manga has a lot of inconsistencies. That same Number 6 can casually outpace bullets and move so fast the world seems frozen

Unless there’s a direct statement capping a character’s speed (My top speed is Mach 5) or there are a LOT of antifeats, I don’t really think these discussions are necessary

JJK in shambles rn 😭
Yea ngl idk how to feel abt the statement ☠️ on one hand it IS a direct statement from the author, but on the other hand there are various feats that scale higher (Top tiers can casually intercept piercing blood from point blank, which is stated to be transonic)

But alas this is a MHA thread so

Y’all realize literally EVERY single verse has inconsistencies with speed. Do we seriously think that One Piece fodder can run at Relativistic to FTL speeds, even though flintlock bullets are a threat in the verse? Do we seriously have Asta as 12000x FTL off of a single lightspeed feat that didn’t even come from him?

When you consider the stupid stuff that a lot of verses get away with, MHA’s travel speed problem isn’t that bad
I agree travel speed in particular gets nerfed is many verses for the sake of plot, if characters were allowed to traverse the world at speeds they probably should be capable of achieving there would be no "we need to hold on until x character arrives" scenes.

Why would Deku taking minutes to cross the ocean be an outlier (absurdly slow) and not Deku being massively faster than Nagant's bullets that cross a country in miliseconds (absurdly fast) ? This is what I mean. Things are only ever inconsistent on this forum when they don't produce a large number. If something makes a good result, obviously everything else is inconsistent because the author doesn't know what they're talking about, and other anime do this all the time so it's fine to just use the high result and inflate numbers
Deku is slower than Nagant's regular bullets at 45% and has to rely on Danger Sense just to survive. Even then, Nagant still manages to tag Deku with her bullets when he is using Danger Sense, Float, Black Whip, and 45% to constantly dodge. And this is her regular bullets.

So Nagant's regular bullets > Deku with 45%, Float, Danger Sense, and Black Whip.

Then he launches her enhanced rifle bullet at Chisaki which Deku outpace with Faux 100%.

So it's Faux 100% >> Enhanced Rifle bullet >>> Regular bullets >>>> 45% Deku using Float, Black Whip, and Danger Sense simultaneously.

Like it should be obvious how astronomical the gap is between Faux 100% and everything else.

Okay, again, this is still inconsistent because 45% to SOME degree scales to Prime All Might's speed, through him being able to block a strike from Shigaraki and from Endeavor/Hawks being able to keep up with Prime AFO. And Deku still wasn't able to cross an ocean with this supposedly Sub-rela speed
We already had this conversation about AFO. He is not "Prime AFO" since even with a body in its prime, he does not have the same quirks as the actual Prime AFO as noted by Gran Torino in Kamino.

Beyond both having healthy "prime" bodies, Rewind AFO has nothing to do with Prime AFO scaling.

Also if there is no indication AFO is using specific quirks, you can't just make assumptions about his speed. AFO's movement speed is nothing special so far from what we have seen. It doesn't take much for Endeavor and Hawks to keep up with him. He is not exactly a speedster and his reaction/combat speed would probably come from the fact that it has been stated that he has multiple sensory Quirks.

It is a similar thing with Deku. 45% is clearly slower than Nagant's bullets but he has Danger Sense which is precog with regards to intent. It's like Spider-Man dodging lightning or lasers with Spider-Sense. Spideys movement speed on foot is usually subsonic and he can sometimes hit supersonic when swinging but extremely rare, but his reactions are augmented by precog so he can dodge Lightspeed attacks.

Deku is like that at 45% with regards to Nagant's bullets and it is only with Faux 100% that he can actually outpace them with raw movement speed.

Still doesn't add up. Prime AFO also takes multiple seconds/minutes to cross Japan, and he's relative to Prime All Might
Where is Prime AFO in the current arc? His body rewinded to it's prime but the quirks he has are completely different from what he had in his prime as stated by Grab Torino. In Kamino, AFO himself states his capacity with quirks was affected as well after getting damaged, and currently he doesn't even have the original AFO, just a copy - a copy in which his authority over quirks is weakened.

No one should even be comparing Rewind AFO to Prime AFO when they have completely different quirks.

Also nowhere has it ever been stated that Prime AFO or AFO in general was as fast as All Might in movement speed.

It'd make sense though, it would be weird if AM could just completely outpace him and leave him in the dust if he wanted to.
Prime AFO is an unknown and has nothing to do with this Convo. We know literally nothing about him. The current AFO has completely different quirks from Prime AFO.

All they had in common (and even that was momentarily) was a body which was at it's prime. And that had nothing to do with quirks.

Yep, quite exactly that. It was incredibly obvious for his last attack but still a badass way to go. Not dead yet, I’m sure, but hurt enough to be done/close to death. Also lost that arm for sure.

Surprised his vestige actually started to go away, I guess that’s the real link between them? So if he dies his fire straight goes out, it doesn’t strengthen like some suspected.

Also Deku has been fighting Shigaraki for like 30 minutes straight but still has Gearshift on? Or he doesn’t? Idk.

So AFO is gonna be a child now, so probably can’t do much other than get in the way of Deku v Shigaraki.

Bakugo comeback incoming for the AM assist, will probably be the reason Deku either talks to him one last time or he survives. He’s done fighting tho.

Looks like the Bakugo glove was the suicide bomb. Though with the chapter ending with a cliffhanger, All Might might not die

Back