• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also @Damage3245 how come you’re giving kudos to this sorta thing? I get you share similar sentiments to them but I don’t think that means that you as an admin should be encouraging this sorta thing. Sorry for the tag and all but this just doesn’t sit right
I'm not giving kudos to "Mocking only works if there's truth in it" if that's what you mean. Are there any specific posts you think I shouldn't be giving kudos to?

Why would Deku taking minutes to cross the ocean be an outlier (absurdly slow) and not Deku being massively faster than Nagant's bullets that cross a country in miliseconds (absurdly fast) ? This is what I mean. Things are only ever inconsistent on this forum when they don't produce a large number. If something makes a good result, obviously everything else is inconsistent because the author doesn't know what they're talking about, and other anime do this all the time so it's fine to just use the high result and inflate numbers

I love it when characters travel across the ocean in a millionth of a second while complaining how slow they are, and eventually get assistance from piloted jets setting themselves up in a line for them to whip onto, allowing them to reach the location faster. Checks out 👍
No One you don't get it, Uraraka talked to Toga, got saved by Froppy, told Deku to get to Shigaraki, Deku got picked up by the planes, Shigaraki fought Bakugo twice and killed him, and everything else happened in one millionth of a second. It's just a common anime trope
These @Damage3245

Now I don’t wanna go full police mode on you, it’s your prerogative and all, but there was admitted mockery in this and that doesn’t sit right with me

Admittedly, I didn't read any mockery to other users in those posts when I first read them. I thought they were making fun of the trope.

Why would Deku taking minutes to cross the ocean be an outlier (absurdly slow) and not Deku being massively faster than Nagant's bullets that cross a country in miliseconds (absurdly fast) ? This is what I mean. Things are only ever inconsistent on this forum when they don't produce a large number. If something makes a good result, obviously everything else is inconsistent because the author doesn't know what they're talking about, and other anime do this all the time so it's fine to just use the high result and inflate numbers
Him taking minutes to cross the ocean isn’t an outlier, his Faux 100% would have crossed it instantly. And his Faux 100% is what blitzed Nagant’s bullets.

So both feats for the speed you’re upset about… portray it as faster than anything in the verse and able to get to where it wants better than anything else.

Deku is legit pissed off while flying across the ocean cause he knows he can get there faster, near instantly in fact, but is forced to hold back.

Again, the minutes thing is not canon. And it's inconsistent because it wouldn't make sense because deku is clearly faster shown by multiple calcs. The sub-rel calc is not inconsistent because this version of deku is much faster than his past self and it doesn't contradict anything or any of his feats. Whilst the supersonic+ feat you're arguing would directly contradict almost every single speed feat in this verse. The sub-rel calc doesn't contradict anything and this version of deku is much faster than his mhs+ old counterpart.

I was making fun of both the trope and the user suggesting the absurd premise. I don't see the problem, it's making light fun. We're on a battleboarding forum man, it's not personal
You’re not personal friends with these people to my knowledge, so no, I don’t think it’s very appreciated. I get that sorta banter between friends, I do it too, but I don’t think y’all are friends

I just don’t want things to get toxic

Him taking minutes to cross the ocean isn’t an outlier, his Faux 100% would have crossed it instantly. And his Faux 100% is what blitzed Nagant’s bullets.

So both feats for the speed you’re upset about… portray it as faster than anything in the verse and able to get to where it wants better than anything else.

Deku is legit pissed off while flying across the ocean cause he knows he can get there faster, near instantly in fact, but is forced to hold back.
His 45% scales to his 100% on his profile dude. Your point still doesn't make sense

Again, the minutes thing is not canon. And it's inconsistent because it wouldn't make sense because deku is clearly faster shown by multiple calcs. The sub-rel calc is not inconsistent because this version of deku is much faster than his past self and it doesn't contradict anything or any of his feats. Whilst the supersonic+ feat you're arguing would directly contradict almost every single speed feat in this verse. The sub-rel calc doesn't contradict anything and this version of deku is much faster than his mhs+ old counterpart.
The mach 17,000 feat contradicts every All Might speed feat in vigilantes, Deku's prior speed feat against Nagant's bullets, all of Deku's previous calcs that don't involve lasers or light, and most other calcs involving other characters

It's still sub-rela. It doesn't matter if it downscales or not. It still partially scales. You'd have to divide 45% speed in comparison to 100%'s by 200x in order to make this consistent
That’s not how that works at all. 45% is sub rel because it can react to Nagant’s bullets, and that’s with help from Danger Sense.

100%, as noted on the profiles, blitzes those bullets and would blitz 45% as well.

I would recommend you actually read the profile next time, the reasoning is quite blatant.

The mach 17,000 feat contradicts every All Might speed feat in vigilantes, Deku's prior speed feat against Nagant's bullets, all of Deku's previous calcs that don't involve lasers or light, and most other calcs involving other characters
How many times are we shown prime allmight going all out speed wise in Vigilantes? We barely even see prime allmight in Vigilantes I'm pretty sure. And IT DOESN'T CONTRADICT DEKUS SPEED FEAT AGAINST NAGANTS BULLET, THAT ENTIRE CALC IS BUILD ON THE FALSE PREMISE THAT IT'S A NORMAL BULLET. WHICH IT CLEARLY ISN'T, STOP USING THAT. I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT TO YOU. And it doesn't contradict dekus previous calcs (that don't involve lasers or light) because this version of deku is much faster than his old self 😁

Okay... How does that make sense though. My argument was "Deku taking seconds to cross the ocean contradicts the 100% calc because it should allow Deku to cross the ocean massively faster, even using 45% which is STILL sub-rela"

Your response is "But 45% isn't that sub-rela, so it's not really an outlier" which doesn't make sense

It's still sub-rela. It doesn't matter if it downscales or not. It still partially scales. You'd have to divide 45% speed in comparison to 100%'s by 200x in order to make this consistent
That's not how that works. Being in the same tier doesn't mean anything.

If a character blitz someone who is Supersonic by moving so fast they're frozen like a statue, they're still going to be Supersonic without a calculation.

45% Deku reactions/combat speed and Lady Nagant's bullets are from the Sub-Rela calc, 100% has no Sub-Rela calc it just scales above them massively.

How many times are we shown prime allmight going all out speed wise in Vigilantes? We barely even see prime allmight in Vigilantes I'm pretty sure. And IT DOESN'T CONTRADICT DEKUS SPEED FEAT AGAINST NAGANTS BULLET, THAT ENTIRE CALC IS BUILD ON THE FALSE PREMISE THAT IT'S A NORMAL BULLET. WHICH IT CLEARLY ISN'T, STOP USING THAT. I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT TO YOU. And it doesn't contradict dekus previous calcs (that don't involve lasers or light) because this version of deku is much faster than his old self 😁
We see All Might take time to travel to locations multiple times in Vigilantes. Also why would it be a false premise to assume Nagant's bullet is as fast as a normal one? She's stated to only have slightly above the normal shooting range of an actual sniper rifle.

Okay... How does that make sense though. My argument was "Deku taking seconds to cross the ocean contradicts the 100% calc because it should allow Deku to cross the ocean massively faster, even using 45% which is STILL sub-rela"

Your response is "But 45% isn't that sub-rela, so it's not really an outlier" which doesn't make sense
45% ISN’T sub rel in movement speed, demonstrably so. We are literally going to address movement speed in an upcoming thread, if you paid any attention to what other people are saying.

Combat speed and reactions are the only things that are sub rel with Prime AM characters being the only ones with that level of travel speed. Do you comprehend that information?

The ocean crossing feat would just be an outlier (or you know, we don't know the timeframe or how it lines up with the events going on in the manga so it's not even usable)

Okay, again, this is still inconsistent because 45% to SOME degree scales to Prime All Might's speed, through him being able to block a strike from Shigaraki and from Endeavor/Hawks being able to keep up with Prime AFO. And Deku still wasn't able to cross an ocean with this supposedly Sub-rela speed
That's not how that works. Being in the same tier doesn't mean anything.

If a character blitz someone who is Supersonic by moving so fast they're frozen like a statue, they're still going to be Supersonic without a calculation.

45% Deku reactions/combat speed and Lady Nagant's bullets are from the Sub-Rela calc, 100% has no Sub-Rela calc it just scales above them massively.

yeah, we'd have to discard most statements, impressions characters express about speeds in the universe, the information provided by the author, narrative, movie sequences, information in the spin-offs, and the vast majority of feats in all combined material. I think you're very correct in your assertion if we look at the series and all content as a whole, but that doesn't seem to be the agenda or goal.

The 45% Deku feat is him reacting to and kicking Nagant's bullet (or similar instances). While the Faux 100% feat is him outpacing the bullet. I obviously agree with your overall impression and frustration, but this is probably a misunderstanding.

She's stated to only have slightly above the normal shooting range of an actual sniper rifle.
That range (3km) is the range of which she can control, predict, and manage her bullets. It's directly compared to Snipe's quirk in that context. Not the distance their bullets can travel.

45% ISN’T sub rel in movement speed, demonstrably so. We are literally going to address movement speed in an upcoming thread, if you paid any attention to what other people are saying.

Combat speed and reactions are the only things that are sub rel with Prime AM characters being the only ones with that level of travel speed. Do you comprehend that information?
Still doesn't add up. Prime AFO also takes multiple seconds/minutes to cross Japan, and he's relative to Prime All Might

We see All Might take time to travel to locations multiple times in Vigilantes. Also why would it be a false premise to assume Nagant's bullet is as fast as a normal one? She's stated to only have slightly above the normal shooting range of an actual sniper rifle.
How much time? Of course he takes time to travel. We're not arguing for infinite speed. And we're talking about PRIME All Might not just All Might. Also, wtf does range have to do with speed? Also also, nagant has a range of 200km so the 3km thing is contradicted. As far as I'm aware nagant herself never says her range, it was snipe that said the 3km thing.

Okay, again, this is still inconsistent because 45% to SOME degree scales to Prime All Might's speed, through him being able to block a strike from Shigaraki and from Endeavor/Hawks being able to keep up with Prime AFO. And Deku still wasn't able to cross an ocean with this supposedly Sub-rela speed
Rewind AFO does not scale to Prime AFO, we've been over this many times. He does not have the same Quirks he did during his fight with Prime All Might.

45% Izuku doesn't scale to Prime All Might at all.

Current Izuku is not accepted as using 45%, since he's vastly stronger and faster.

Still doesn't add up. Prime AFO also takes multiple seconds/minutes to cross Japan, and he's relative to Prime All Might
Prime AFO also isn't scaling to Prime All Might's travel speed, we haven't seen anything that shows they're comparable in that manner.

At most his reaction/combat speed scales since he obviously wasn't getting blitzed during their fight.

Okay but if Sub-Rel is for combat speed and Deku at 100% can massively outspeed Nagant's bullet using travel speed, and his 45% downscales from his 100%, his 45% travel speed still doesn't make sense

Okay but if Sub-Rel is for combat speed and Deku at 100% can massively outspeed Nagant's bullet using travel speed, and his 45% downscales from his 100%, his 45% travel speed still doesn't make sense
Outside of using things that are either not canon or contradicted by also every other speed calc in the series, why doesn't it make sense? Like, deku would be much faster than his old self so you can't use the outlier argument since the sub-rel calc wouldn't contradict anything.

I'm saying, why wouldn't his 45% downscale from his 100% travel speed? 100% doesn't grant him the ability to travel long distances faster.
Why wouldn't 100% give him faster travel speed???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm saying, why wouldn't his 45% downscale from his 100% travel speed? 100% doesn't grant him the ability to travel long distances faster.
1) That’s a ridiculous statement, why WOULD it downscale? Burden of proof is on you.

2) 100% is faster than 45%. So it lets him get to places faster. Because that’s how speed works. Faster things get to other places faster.

Back