• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It was regarding the Machia rock toss and whether what speed value should we use for AFO's reaction. Speaking of which, can you take a crack at that feat, would love to see how you do it and what the result would be.
I don't know what Maz did but it's impossible to find the height/size of the rock that is going away from the screen/camera.

And AFO got younger and likely smaller. So his height should be a bit less. I can take a swing, but I don't see any good results.

Class G would be the highest I see for this feat. And I don't see it being anywhere close to 7-A.

So the rock was bigger than I thought, though I don't think my measurements are perfect here. Class G and 7-C though, so no upgrades or anything.

As I said above, hard to measure the rock going away from the screen.

However I was wrong in saying a 60 m rock would be visible above Machia from this shot. Machia being a lot closer to the screen means more than I thought.

The standard width for a two lane road would be around 20 feet or 6 meters, as a single lane would be on average 10 feet.

This double lane road in the scan is 53 pixels in size. Meaning every px is 0.11320754717 m. A 29.693 m would be around 290 px tall and not visible from that shot.

Heck you'd have to be around 670 px or 75 meters tall to possibly be visible from that shot of Machia's back. So yeah that is my bad there.

bottom Left.

machia is then pretty close in the following page, with Dark Shadow and Inasa no closer to tagging AFO. How fast is he for that sort of speed?

What statement? Some journalist saying that Machia was moving through the city at 100Km/hr somehow being taken as Machia's top speed for some reason.

I'm more worried about the feat being painted as impressive by Hori and giving us no reasons to believe Machia isn't going as fast as he can on ground (since he received an order by Shigaraki to arrive to his location).

I legit have no idea how to calculate that, we don't have anything to tell how far away Machia is in that shot.

Machia's Speed:

A journalist didn't say Machia's top speed was 100 km per hour. One of the heroes said that and another Hero responded with saying that speed is way too fast. There's no way in hell that Machia is going slow in that moment, when's he is at max motivation is yelling for joy to make it to Shiggy as quickly as possible.

He's trying to find the shortest route to his master.

I guess since it was never stated Machia's height is 25 m at the max, and we know his height changes. It's possible he can grow bigger.

I swear I remember a statement that said he was getting bigger after the 25 meters statement was made. However I can't find it in the official or fan translation, so I'm wondering if I just made it up?

I guess since it was never stated Machia's height is 25 m at the max, and we know his height changes. It's possible he can grow bigger.

I swear I remember a statement that said he was getting bigger after the 25 meters statement was made. However I can't find it in the official or fan translation, so I'm wondering if I just made it up?
Pretty sure he is getting bigger since at the time of Mina’s flashback, he was likely no more than 9-10 meters tall

Yeah most of the stuff regarding Machia’s statements are really sus. Both the 100 km/h thing and the 25 m size
Yet people like to take them at face value and downplay the hell out of Mha. Same thing with Nagant max range. People seem to remember 3km and run with it without considering that the source of the information, Snipe, have no reason to know her max range

AFO scales to All Might who is canonically faster than sound. Capable of traveling hundreds of kilometers in a short timeframe as shown in Vigilantes multiple times. And as shown in the Two Heroes movie, both 5% Izuku and Weakened All Might are capable of moving fast enough to catch fire, which requires Supersonic speed.

Note: Nasa did not say it takes Mach 5 speeds. The actual reasoning was that it takes Mach 5 speeds reach the temperature of 1500°C, enough for human cremation. Also we can't write it off as special movie effects, as both All Might and Izuku heat up the metal to red hot with their attacks well. Showing it's real.
So Rusty, heat manip for All might and Deku?

So Rusty, heat manip for All might and Deku?
Limited heat manipulation, they can generate heat from their fast movement. But they don't control it.

However, unless they purposefully use it in some kind of manner like an attack or whatever, I don't think we can label it.

Though I guess it could support for their heat resistance.

Limited heat manipulation, they can generate heat from their fast movement. But they don't control it.

However, unless they purposefully use it in some kind of manner like an attack or whatever, I don't think we can label it.

Though I guess it could support for their heat resistance.
I think we should at least mention it, could prove useful in matches where the opponent is weak to heat. How hot do you reckon they heat up those steel structures, Google is giving me conflicting answers

All might have quite a few feats of traveling hundreds of kms between cities in a short time right, wonder if we could scale 20% to those cuz iirc All might stated that he only uses 20% to travel around in suburban areas to minimize structural damage. Am I misremembering or is there a flaw in my question?

I want to say no, since a fight being decided because of that sounds boring.

I know people have gotten afraid of All Might even when he's powerless, but he's still All Might. They all know who he is, and the "pressure" he gives off being similar to Stain would likely make anyone who knows him tremble in fear if not run away. I'd like to say it wouldn't really effect any battles.

I'd say it'd make people more wary and caution of him, maybe sweat a bit, but they wouldn't become terrified of him. Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

I think it also depends on the type of personality they have as well.

I want to say no, since a fight being decided because of that sounds boring.

I know people have gotten afraid of All Might even when he's powerless, but he's still All Might. They all know who he is, and the "pressure" he gives off being similar to Stain would likely make anyone who knows him tremble in fear if not run away. I'd like to say it wouldn't really effect any battles.

I'd say it'd make people more wary and caution of him, maybe sweat a bit, but they wouldn't become terrified of him. Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

I think it also depends on the type of personality they have as well.
This is the opponent i wanted to use against him so that’s why I brought the fear thing cause I was worried.

MHA vs fire emblem.

I plan to play Three Houses at some point, so I don't know anything about that character and don't want to risk spoilers either. So I avoid their profiles.

So I can't say how good or bad the idea is. I feel like an RPG character would be OP.

How are we even gonna label Deku’s speed section. He’s got like four different boosts to put down (Fa Jin, Gearshift, 100%, Overdrive). Do we just put “Varies” for Gearshift?
Uh maybe
x speed at 45%, x speed with Faux 100% and 100%, Higher with Gearshift. Even at it’s lowest it still seems like a boost.

Idk if he uses Overdrive for speed since the Fa Jin seems to just be in his hands.

X Speed at 30%, even higher at 45% boosts, even higherer with Fa Jin, even Highererer with Fa Jin + Blackwhip + 45%, even higherererer with Gearshift, even Highererererer with Gearshift + Fa Jin, even Highererererererer at 100% + Fa Jin + Blackwhip, even Highererererererererer with—

Should Deku get sharp object creation/manipulation for being able to cut people with Blackwhip when enraged?

Once with Uraraka, once with Mirio.

Should Deku get sharp object creation/manipulation for being able to cut people with Blackwhip when enraged?

Once with Uraraka, once with Mirio.

Lady Nagant pops into existence during Eren’s first attack on Marley. What happens?
Given she still has the heart of a hero and wouldn't let seemingly innocent people die to a seemingly bloodthirsty monster, she'll probably sniped his limbs off until some Marleyan soldier tell her to aim for the nape then boom genocide averted

Did Deku literally punch a hole through Shigaraki, or was that a “metaphorical hole” for the Vestiges to see into ShigAFO and see that the fusion was not complete?

Back