• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I see this mistake come up so many times.

Allow me to point out our official rules on this:
Is this not how we treat speed though? I remember when there was a Bleach CRT this point was being argued.

The reaction speeds on the wiki page are literally just 1 divided by a specific speed tier. I don’t understand why this cannot be used.

All For One, who is much faster than 45% Deku, who can react to 1422 m/s bullets from point blank, failed to react to the rock from 360.19 meters away. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to do 1/343

The reaction speeds on the wiki page are literally just 1 divided by a specific speed tier.
That's just to give definitions to the tiers. So we know what to label the timeframes as.

It doesn't inform us as to the characters actual reactions.

How about the fact that All For One can easily fight Endeavor at point blank, who is stated to be faster than sound?

There we have a distance and a speed, so we can accurately say he has over transonic reactions

using Hawks's villain report he's also 225 centimeters, mans big as ****, so the rock should follow suit, even if he's a bit shorter now
FRrppPJX0AIUNBX

AFO is not extremely close to the rock so no. I used a tree crown near the rock to scale the it
It appears as if afo is directly in front of it. Which tree did you pick exactly. Cause to be fair these trees are getting absolutely dwarfed by a 25m tall gigantomachia

Yeah again afo is a direct reference he is directly hit by it and the trees are much smaller than in the calc as we see them compared to the 25 m tall gigantomachia.

I'm pretty sure afo is off guard here. Wouldn't expect one of my most loyal companions to chuck some rock at me
I agreed that AFO was off guard but I don’t believe the rock was far slower than him, because he would have likely overcame the shock factor and dodged

I’ll try to recalc the rock using a different scale tho

Gigantomachia can't blitz AFO, AFO was just taken by surprise and that chunk of rock shouldn't be even bigger than Machia's 25 meter tall height, as we can see where did he took it from.
The rock does not have to be smaller than Machia lol. Same way that All Might can lift skyscrapers that are much larger than him

The rock does not have to be smaller than Machia lol. Same way that All Might can lift skyscrapers that are much larger than him
That's not at all what he meant. We can visibly see where and the size of what Machia threw, it's clearly smaller.

Also a 85/65 meter size object would be extremely visible passed the 25 m tall Machia in this shot.

Case in point. Machia is not standing straight, but let's say he is. He's 25 meters tall and 119 px talls. Meaning every pixel is 0.21008403361 m.

A 60 meter tall object would stand at around 290 pixels. And a 88 meter wide object would be around 420 pixels. Do you see how absurd your size is?

Partially why 25 m tall Machia makes no sense, the average tree crown is around 6-8 meters wide and Machia towers over them
Average doesn't mean all you know. There are still billions of trees who's crowns are smaller.

I've never seen a tree with a crown that big actually. Well I don't go anywhere, but still... My point stands. Stated sizes will always be taken over anything we calculated. I remember someone calculated Machia as being over 30 meters tall when compared to Mount Lady, yet we found out he was 25 meters tall.

Average doesn't mean all you know. There are still billions of trees who's crowns are smaller.

I've never seen a tree with a crown that big actually. Well I don't go anywhere, but still... My point stands. Stated sizes will always be taken over anything we calculated. I remember someone calculated Machia as being over 30 meters tall when compared to Mount Lady, yet we found out he was 25 meters tall.
Is there ever a point of death of the author tho? If a character is stated to be 40 meters tall but constantly towers over skyscrapers, wouldn’t such an inconsistency mean we should reevaluate the logic

Is there ever a point of death of the author tho? If a character is stated to be 40 meters tall but constantly towers over skyscrapers, wouldn’t such an inconsistency mean we should reevaluate the logic
I don't think there's any inconsistency with Machia. People just take things too literally on here and one instance of a character saying something gets taken as absolute without any context.

It's like the whole Machia moving 100KM/hr through the city thing that got taken as Machia's top speed by some people.

Machia's 25 meter size is only mentioned in a very specific moment. It is stated in comparison to Mt Lady's 20 meter height and when explaining Gigantification.

But nowhere is it said to be his absolute max height or the only height he could ever be. Heck, most of the time he is not that tall. He is even be shorter in some moments (like when he was questioning Mina in the flashback). He isn't 25 meters 24/7, he just happened to have grown to that height when the quirk was being explained.

Is circled Doublue dying with the GLOOP supposed to be Shigaraki? It seems way too attention drawing to just be a random Twice. Means Shigaraki doesn’t have his durability… or Pixie Bob dealt enough damage to break a bone, or whatever Double’s need to die.

Is circled Doublue dying with the GLOOP supposed to be Shigaraki? It seems way too attention drawing to just be a random Twice. Means Shigaraki doesn’t have his durability… or Pixie Bob dealt enough damage to break a bone, or whatever Double’s need to die.

The only thing they explicitly don't have compared to the OG is their quirk so i guess Pixie Bob really did break the bone of a AM level character. Anyways, can't we scale AFO's speed to 20% who is canonically faster than sound (iirc)?

The only thing they explicitly don't have compared to the OG is their quirk so i guess Pixie Bob really did break the bone of a AM level character. Anyways, can't we scale AFO's speed to 20% who is canonically faster than sound (iirc)?
What makes 20% “canonically faster than sound?”

What makes 20% “canonically faster than sound?”
It's been a long time since i heard this from someone so feel free to correct me but i think it was because he's able to create shockwaves and the series call them as such, and shockwaves by definition are faster than sound and are created by explosions or by a body moving faster than sound. Again, not sure if correct so go a little easy on me with the correction

We will not assume Pixie-Bob is suddenly Prime All Might level, Toga's version of Double is obviously more limited than Twice's. It follows the same rules as her Transform Quirk, which is logically since she doesn't actually have Double. It's her Transform Quirk imitating Twice's Double.

Right now the safe assumption is that her Doubles and her Transform doesn't gain the strength of the people she turns into or clones, they have her strength. At least until we get more information, maybe it'll be reveal why her Double of Shiggy was so weak.

AFO scales to All Might who is canonically faster than sound. Capable of traveling hundreds of kilometers in a short timeframe as shown in Vigilantes multiple times. And as shown in the Two Heroes movie, both 5% Izuku and Weakened All Might are capable of moving fast enough to catch fire, which requires Supersonic speed.

Note: Nasa did not say it takes Mach 5 speeds. The actual reasoning was that it takes Mach 5 speeds reach the temperature of 1500°C, enough for human cremation. Also we can't write it off as special movie effects, as both All Might and Izuku heat up the metal to red hot with their attacks well. Showing it's real.

And his visibly moves faster than sound here, as his own pressure wave is lagging behind him.

Why are you brining this up?

Why are you brining this up?
It was regarding the Machia rock toss and whether what speed value should we use for AFO's reaction. Speaking of which, can you take a crack at that feat, would love to see how you do it and what the result would be.

Speaking of Endeavor vs Starservant, remember when Endeavor used flashfire fist and literally turned his glass into ash.

Pretty sure that’s not even physically possible with sheer heat, like that’s pretty crazy. In the anime he just melts it, which is 1700C, but in the manga it looks like it’s turning to ash/burning.
There's also the fact that he burned Shigaraki who can take Bakugou's AP machine gun and gauntlet blast without any problem, in the current arc Shigaraki even took an awakened Bakugou's explosion to the face without a scratch. I don't know if all this put his temp at over 2000°C or not but i hope it does

Speaking of Endeavor vs Starservant, remember when Endeavor used flashfire fist and literally turned his glass into ash.

Pretty sure that’s not even physically possible with sheer heat, like that’s pretty crazy. In the anime he just melts it, which is 1700C, but in the manga it looks like it’s turning to ash/burning.
Isn’t the glass melting in the manga, too? It looks VERY gloopy to me. Parts of it, at least.

Don’t know what the black bits are. Carbon?

Back