• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If she only needed one or two to pull off that kind of stunt, then she would have only used 1 or 2, she had ten missiles, and using them all in one place if you dont need them isn't a smart move by any means unless you have a completely pinned, immobilized target who has no way of reduce damage or coming back from it
This is the exact circumstance Shiggy was in tho? He was immobilized, constantly getting roasted, body weakened and trying to regenerate from a laser spear. She absolutely would have called for all her missiles at that time, whether one or two killed him or not. She’s also aware that this is the main villain that caused her to even come to Japan, so I don’t see much reasoning here. She used 10 cause why use less, not cause she knows 1-2 would do the job.
And the nomu took it point blank from a, and I quote, "direct impact", so clearly he either over estimated the things or he and the nomu are way more durable than he thought
This is true, idk why he thought he would die there when the Nomu didn’t. And it was in the same state he was in, taking all the same hits.

Like its head was still completely intact, it would have just regenerated. So him saying it would be a “fatal error” is a bit strange, unless he was taking more damage than the High End?

The Nomu showed no signs of mobility after being hit by the explosion. For all intents and purposes it could have been "dead" and its body just responded automatically to his signal to blow itself up.

We've seen that Endeavor can vaporize the head off of a High-End Nomu - and Star and Stripe clearly believes that the Tiamat missiles are a bigger attack than what Endeavor is capable of, but we're meant to think that Endeavor's AP >>> the missiles because the missiles didn't kill a Near-High-End Nomu?? It doesn't add up.

This is the exact circumstance Shiggy was in tho? He was immobilized, constantly getting roasted, body weakened and trying to regenerate from a laser spear. She absolutely would have called for all her missiles at that time, whether one or two killed him or not. She’s also aware that this is the main villain that caused her to even come to Japan, so I don’t see much reasoning here. She used 10 cause why use less, not cause she knows 1-2 would do the job.
Mostly because the laser had to be dropped and she should have seen in that fight that literally flattening him (Fist bump to the earth clap) and impaling him several times over (the beginning of the fight), takes mere moments to come back, dropping it for the time needed for the missiles to come in is alot of time
This is true, idk why he thought he would die there when the Nomu didn’t. And it was in the same state he was in, taking all the same hits.

Like its head was still completely intact, it would have just regenerated. So him saying it would be a “fatal error” is a bit strange, unless he was taking more damage than the High End?
Well I assume it's from either overestimation or because the Nomu had some sort of heat resistance, which is what he was scared of to begin with iirc

The Nomu showed no signs of mobility after being hit by the explosion. For all intents and purposes it could have been "dead" and its body just responded automatically to his signal to blow itself up.

We've seen that Endeavor can vaporize the head off of a High-End Nomu - and Star and Stripe clearly believes that the Tiamat missiles are a bigger attack than what Endeavor is capable of, but we're meant to think that Endeavor's AP >>> the missiles because the missiles didn't kill a Near-High-End Nomu?? It doesn't add up.
His AP isn’t >>> the missiles, his sheer heat vaporizes their bodies. AP/Force wise, Endeavor has only shown real strength on par with weakened AM when he fought AFO and broke through his forcefields, dragging him around.

I won’t deny that it could be dead, but then why would it respond to the signal? The signal goes to their brains, if that blast was enough to, as per Shigaraki/AFO’s own words, “vaporize me into nothing,” then how did it not destroy the HE’s brain, or just delete it from existence? Not to mention it’s already heavily weakened due to the laser spear, with an exposed brain to boot.

I won’t deny that it could be dead, but then why would it respond to the signal? The signal goes to their brains, if that blast was enough to, as per Shigaraki/AFO’s own words, “vaporize me into nothing,” then how did it not destroy the HE’s brain, or just delete it from existence? Not to mention it’s already heavily weakened due to the laser spear, with an exposed brain to boot.
His signal could have been to just activate its Quirk.

All For One can activate Nagant's self-explosion Quirk without requiring her to follow his commands for it. Though then again that was never really explained how that works tbh.

Well I assume it's from either overestimation or because the Nomu had some sort of heat resistance, which is what he was scared of to begin with iirc
This does make me realize that we basically have no idea what Quirks the flying High-End possesses aside from wings & regeneration. For all we know it has something that enables it to survive ridiculous amounts of punishment.

But I know this is conjectural so I'm not actually arguing it.

This does make me realize that we basically have no idea what Quirks the flying High-End possesses aside from wings & regeneration. For all we know it has something that enables it to survive ridiculous amounts of punishment.

But I know this is conjectural so I'm not actually arguing it.
Yeah it's not really something to think about but perhaps it did have enough to survive the heat energy, mitigating the worry of his as he believed he could survive the physical force, of course, that's just speculation

His signal could have been to just activate its Quirk.

All For One can activate Nagant's self-explosion Quirk without requiring her to follow his commands for it. Though then again that was never really explained how that works tbh.
We know it was likely Radio Waves given the electric like effect that got its own panel. It’s how he controls the HE’s, so idk how else he would have done it unless that timer-bomb quirk thing from Nagant is the same effect.

The whole scenario is weird on how the Nomu survived/wasn’t completely destroyed. If it died from the impact, then why was its brain still intact? If it didn’t die from the impact, why does AFO say that would have been a fatal error to be hit by it?

There’s like two contradictory things going on with the Nomu that aren’t really explained. Hopefully the anime shows it better in a year so we can get at least an answer on if the Nomu was even twitching a bit.

We know it was likely Radio Waves given the electric like effect that got its own panel. It’s how he controls the HE’s, so idk how else he would have done it unless that timer-bomb quirk thing from Nagant is the same effect.

The whole scenario is weird on how the Nomu survived/wasn’t completely destroyed. If it died from the impact, then why was its brain still intact? If it didn’t die from the impact, why does AFO say that would have been a fatal error to be hit by it?

There’s like two contradictory things going on with the Nomu that aren’t really explained. Hopefully the anime shows it better in a year so we can get at least an answer on if the Nomu was even twitching a bit.
course it was twitching it blew up, skin had to expand

Also using the volume of the explosion using the most recent ICBP calc therefir did (8.42 km) and using the denstiy of explosives (assuming highest end given the circumstances it's 2.0 g/cm3), and then using the temperature of an explosive (Ranges from 2500 to 13000 C, used 13000 C given the circumstances and where the explosives came from) and the normal air stuff (919 and 23 respectively) it leads to about 5.8374191e+22 joules or 13.9 teratons, so 13.9 teratons of heat energy to absorb.
Even rounding the Nomu down to baseline Low 6-B from surviving the explosion head on and halving it from only half the sphere being shown, that's 6.95x it's durability, so I mean fair enough if he's still regenning I guess that is alot of energy to take head on.

This probably isn't right at all in any sort of way, but it's my brain trying to give some reasonable explanation to why he thought it would vaporize him instantly

The 10 missile scaling will be brought up in the CRT. (I have, what I believe, to be a much better alternative that I'll bring up)

Shigaraki didn't know how powerful the missiles were (He didn't know it was missiles until they arrived), he was just guessing based on the fact Star was doing everything she could to make sure it hit him. He couldn't take the risk that whatever she had wouldn't vaporize him, he'd be dumb to make it a flip of the coin.

So his statement doesn't mean the missiles are a one hit kill for him. Though he obviously doesn't scale to their full power.

I do believe Shigaraki would've been weakened enough for Star to kill had it hit him. The Nomu was alive, he sent it a command via Radio Waves. We even get a translation of the signal he sent, commanding it to burst. Nomu can't follow a command if it was truly dead, and it's body was mostly intact as well.

Due to the black and white nature of the manga it's hard to tell, but I believe it was burnt completely. Once again showing that heat is the way to go against Shigaraki and the Nomu.

Last edited:
The 10 missile scaling will be brought up in the CRT. (I have, what I believe, to a much better alternative that I'll bring up)

Shigaraki didn't know how powerful the missiles were (He didn't know it was missiles until they arrived), he was just guessing based on the fact Star was doing everything she could to make sure it hit him. He couldn't take the risk that whatever she had wouldn't vaporize him, he'd be dumb to make it a flip of the coin.

So his statement doesn't mean the missiles are a one hit kill for him. Though he obviously doesn't scale to their full power.

I do believe Shigaraki would've been weakened enough for Star to kill had it hit him. The Nomu was alive, he sent it a command via Radio Waves. We even get a translation of the signal he sent, commanding it to burst. Nomu can't follow a command if it was truly dead, and it's body was mostly intact as well.

Due to the black and white nature of the manga it's hard to tell, but I believe it was burnt completely. Once again showing that heat is the way to go against Shigaraki and the Nomu.
A better way to scale them from it would be appreciated. The 1/10 thing never fully felt like that’s how it should be taken.

I was always under the impression that the Nomu was dying, just that it had enough vitality to be commanded to self-destruct before it completely perished.

That is just my interpretation though.

The 1/10 scaling is fine to me unless Rusty has something better cooking up. Based on prior "arguments", there're people who vehemently disagree with the fact that we even used it in the first place so the fact that Damage agrees to the scaling is an absolute blessing

Could you imagine if the missiles were stated to be nuclear in a databook or sth. If that were the case wouldn't that mean Endeavor's heat is above that of a nuclear explosion since his managed to vaporize a High-End while the missiles did not?

Damage probably only conceded to it opposed to scaling the Nomu from the full explosion.
A High-End Nomu scaling fully to all ten missiles would be an outlier in my opinion when 100% One For All at its strongest is shown to be several times weaker.

A High-End Nomu scaling fully to all ten missiles would be an outlier in my opinion when 100% One For All at its strongest is shown to be several times weaker.
Well, yeah I don't really disagree.

The entire Tiamat feat would've been an outlier to begin with if it wasn't for Star and Stripe luckily having a calculated 6-C feat and the Heroes: Rising Doube Detroit Smash being recalculated to 6-C. It escapes me if there are more 6-C calculations though.

Some low tier characters who will become Sub-Relativistic in this arc:

Froppy (Reacted to a Near-High End’s attack and dodged it before it could reach her)

Toga (Can keep pace with Froppy)

Uraraka (Tackled Toga before she could react)

Jirou (Her Heartbeat Wall could move fast enough to block All For One’s Air Cannon)

Inasa (His wind attacks could keep pace with All For One’s flight speed)

Shishikura (His flesh attacks can pressure AFO)

Gang Orca (Can land hits on a Near High-End)

Dabi could reacted to and intercept a Flashfire Fist attack from Endeavor back at Heroes Rising, wouldn't that make Geten, Redestro, Machia, Mva Shigaraki and whoever scales to them Sub-Rel as well?

Dabi could reacted to and intercept a Flashfire Fist attack from Endeavor back at Heroes Rising, wouldn't that make Geten, Redestro, Machia, Mva Shigaraki and whoever scales to them Sub-Rel as well?
Dabi attacks were first in both cases, he didn't react to Endeavor's attacks it was the other way around.

Dabi attacks first, Endeavor reacts to him. Also Dabi isn’t going all out on Geten so him not going full speed isn’t exactly hard to assume. This is why Geten scales to Mount Lady and not Dabi.

We used to have that scaling but as the previous comments said it was actually Endeavor who reacted to Dabi's attack.

It also created many scaling issues, like Base Shigaraki scaling higher than his AFO key.

Dabi attacks were first in both cases, he didn't react to Endeavor's attacks it was the other way around.
Dabi attacks first, Endeavor reacts to him. Also Dabi isn’t going all out on Geten so him not going full speed isn’t exactly hard to assume. This is why Geten scales to Mount Lady and not Dabi.
We used to have that scaling but as the previous comments said it was actually Endeavor who reacted to Dabi's attack.

It also created many scaling issues, like Base Shigaraki scaling higher than his AFO key.
Didn't know my comment warranted this much attention 😳, but thanks for the correction yall

Can somebody find a way to get result for Todoroki's normal fire and ice, scaling above BOS base Deku is just so sad

Most brutal massacre I’ve ever seen. JJK speed downgrade is baby food to what I’m seeing. God damn.
Jjk speed scaling is a mystery i'll never comprehend. The highest speed feat on their site is High Hypersonic yet somehow the top tiers all are MHS+

Back