• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also, can Current Deku without Gearshift defeat USJ Nomu?

If we take All Might’s statements at face value, he’d have to hit him at Faux 100% at least 6 times, or do the same with normal 100% punches. But can he do that fast enough to overwhelm Shock Absoprtion + Regen?

Do we even know how fast shock absorption “calms down” after being hit?? I assume it resets or heals the damage after a period of time.

T'was obvious even in the fanTL, it's a hill.

A little sad Twice doesn't have much feats, considering Uraraka scales above him as she appears to be fighting a lot of Twices.

A little sad Twice doesn't have much feats, considering Uraraka scales above him as she appears to be fighting a lot of Twices.
Considering Toga's Double of Shiggy isn't using his Quirkless enhanced strength, I doubt her doubles are as strong as the real person.

Like her Transform Quirk I believe they're just as strong as she is. Unless Horikoshi comes up with a reason for why her Shigaraki Doubles don't have his strength.

Also Twice scales below Toga, so if they were as strong as Twice they'd be weaker than her.

Koichi dodged a fire blast from Endeavor so he would scale I think
Funnily enough if we were to scale the Sub-Rel stuff to emergency state since Koichi dodged an attack from Endeavor

Base form = Mach 758 (Massively Hypersonic)

3x = Mach 2274 (Massively Hypersonic+)

10x = Mach 7583 (Massively Hypersonic+)

Emergency state = Mach 18200 (Sub-Relativistic)

Koichi dodged a fire blast from Endeavor so he would scale I think
God Dammit. Maybe we can say since Endeavor wasn't using Flashfire Fist Koichi shouldn't scale to him, since he wouldn't go all out against a random villain. He's awful and goes farther than needed at times, but he knows how to control himself. They said as much in the chapter as well when he made the fire tornado.

With the current scaling base Number 6 would scale to MHS+, since we know he wasn't using his Emergency Situation Speed. Koichi only got ahead of him when his Quirk was evolving and was slower than Number 6 at that point. Knuckleduster scales to Base Number 6 and Aizawa scales to Knuckleduster, and you see the issue right?

That'd scale to BoS Shigaraki since he fought Aizawa and everything goes down the drain.

Or we could get rid of the Overclock Multiplier.

I don’t think it’s the biggest inconsistency for Aizawa and Shigaraki to scale to MHS+, they don’t scale to anyone else in speed so it won’t drastically destroy the scaling chain

And I don’t think we can just delete the Overclock multiplier, it’s pretty explicitly stated

I don’t think it’s the biggest inconsistency for Aizawa and Shigaraki to scale to MHS+, they don’t scale to anyone else in speed so it won’t drastically destroy the scaling chain

And I don’t think we can just delete the Overclock multiplier, it’s pretty explicitly stated
U.A. Beginning Saga Bakugo scales to Shigaraki and Chisaki scales to Shigaraki as well.

Overhaul, Rappa, ReDestro, Mirio, Nighteye, Deku

U.A. Beginning Saga Bakugo scales to Shigaraki and Chisaki scales to Shigaraki as well.
Chisaki scales but I can’t find where Bakugou scales

Either way, 20% level characters being Massively Hypersonic+ is high but not a horrible problem. Shigaraki is so fast that he can literally perception blitz the 5% level students, so we don’t need to worry about scaling to low tiers

Chisaki scales but I can’t find where Bakugou scales
Bakugo lands a hit on Shigaraki. He also fought Shigaraki and the other league members for some time before the Deku and the others helped him.

He even escaped before Shigaraki could grab him right here.

Edit:

Shigaraki is so fast that he can literally perception blitz the 5% level students, so we don’t need to worry about scaling to low tiers
He never blitzed 5% level students. Base Izuku, BoS Asui, and Mineta don't scale to 5%'s speed.

Deku and Bakugou wouldn't have a hard time dealing with Nine's cloud to ground lightning if they were a bunch of MHS+ running around

Deku and Bakugou wouldn't have a hard time dealing with Nine's cloud to ground lightning if they were a bunch of MHS+ running around
Tbf lightning is hard to dodge because it’s essentially like a homing missile; due to attraction and stuff like that you can’t just dodge lightning

I don’t think them failing to dodge lightning is a big anti feat

He's over hundreds of times faster than Bakugo going by this. There's only so much being off guard can cover.

Chisaki isn't 20% level either, he's slower than 20% in our current scaling. 8% Izuku was able to land a hit on him as well, sure he was tired but I doubt his speed dropped by over hundreds of times. Chisaki is faster than 8% I believe, but not by a blitzing amount.

They cannot dodge Lightning. You must provide proof that they were only hit because it was attracted to them, not an assumption. Nine was baffled by the idea they avoided his lightning and instantly question how they did it. With the scaling they're actually faster than lightning.

Yet both of them were hit mid attack and failed to react to it at all. Nine has no reason to be surprised if they can move faster than his bolt. Literally several dozens of characters would scale to this, we already have them pretty high. MHS+ is without a doubt completely absurd.

Easy solution.

Endeavor wasn't using Flashfire Fist against Koichi, as such he doesn't scale to Endeavor. We keep Overclock's multiplier and the scaling remains unchanged. Only Koichi's speed would change in his Post-Timeskip key, he'd scale to Number 6's normal Overclock speed.

Easy solution.

Endeavor wasn't using Flashfire Fist against Koichi, as such he doesn't scale to Endeavor. We keep Overclock's multiplier and the scaling remains unchanged. Only Koichi's speed would change in his Post-Timeskip key, he'd scale to Number 6's normal Overclock speed.
I’m fine with this

But the sole justification for one of Koichi’s keys is his endeavor scaling, and he doesn’t scale to anything else in that key, so what would he scale to?

Easy solution.

That would be the same value Rappa's Quirk scales to. Which is Hypersonic+ Mach 21.

Personally I'm honestly happy that Koichi and Number 6 can't scale to the top tier. Always hated how a rando and a piece of shit was apparently faster than everyone in the verse

Anyways....Chapter's out, wish we could've seen the extent of the damage DS dealt to Afo but holy did Afo blew DS's arms off? The Shigaraki that Toga made still have his quirkless strength right? Then Pixie Bob(ig?) might just got herself a BIG upgrade for dispelling him. And since detailed scans are out, i hope yall can find Machia's LS for throwing that piece of land that far away fast enough to surprise AFO

Number 6 has a speedster Quirk and part of the Nomu project. Not really surprising he's that fast.

It's Koichi being faster that's strange. It's especially funny with how a lot of Vigilantes die-hards praised the setting for being grounded and how it lacked powercreep and Koichi basically undergoes a very much ridiculous powercreep in a few years time (or lesser, since he didn't really train all that time during the series).

It's Koichi being faster that's strange. It's especially funny with how a lot of Vigilantes die-hards praised the setting for being grounded and how it lacked powercreep and Koichi basically undergoes a very much ridiculous powercreep in a few years time (or lesser, since he didn't really train all that time during the series).
The explanation for his Instinctive Reaction was also nonsense

Anyways....Chapter's out, wish we could've seen the extent of the damage DS dealt to Afo but holy did Afo blew DS's arms off? The Shigaraki that Toga made still have his quirkless strength right? Then Pixie Bob(ig?) might just got herself a BIG upgrade for dispelling him. And since detailed scans are out, i hope yall can find Machia's LS for throwing that piece of land that far away fast enough to surprise AFO
I calced it at Class P and 7-A+

I lowballed it since I can’t prove whether or not it blitzed AFO, just that it was fast enough that it surprised him and he couldn’t dodge it
Personally i'd use Supersonic simce this AFO should be FAR faster than 20% which is canonically faster than sound, but who am i to say. Would like to know Therefir and Rusty's opinion on the calc tho

If I use 1422 m/s, I get 12.83 Gigatons (6-C) and very high into Class P, as well as Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed

I’m gonna blog the calc tho so I can get a review

If I use 1422 m/s, I get 12.83 Gigatons (6-C) and very high into Class P, as well as Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed

I’m gonna blog the calc tho so I can get a review
Better put three ends into it so people can pick and choose which is more acceptable

AFO couldn’t react in time. I’ll assume two ends: Machia threw the rock at transonic speeds and at speeds faster than a human eye.
1/343 = 0.0029 s
1/12.5 = 0.08 s

I see this mistake come up so many times.

Allow me to point out our official rules on this:

Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed. Other way around, perception time is just a timeframe and by that not proportional to a speed value alone. Do not assume that a character with a certain speed will have a perception time of 1 meter divided by that speed. Such calculations need a feat that demonstrates perception time and a suitable distance determined from that feat.

Back