• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Even if he aim dodged he still technically moved after the bullet was fired at point blank. I calced it a while back at Mach 250 but I can recalc using the anime
idk, from what I know manga is always preferable, this might just prove that said feat is indeed a speed feat.

Of course I'm not expert

Throw away all other calcs, new CONFIRMED LIGHTSPEED feat just dropped.

Deku could cross this massive distance before the light generated from his own speed could illuminate the area.

Clearly this is a real, valid feat and totally just not anime adaptation weirdness. 🤓 I am totally not being sarcastic right now.

Deku could cross this massive distance before the light generated from his own speed could illuminate the area.

Clearly this is a real, valid feat and totally just not anime adaptation weirdness. 🤓 I am totally not being sarcastic right now.

I've seen weirder explanations for SoL

It’d also be consistent, since Deku is MUUUUCH faster than Nagant’s FULL POWER bullets, whereas Nagant in a currently weakened state while not shooting at full power has sub-relativistic speed calcs now. 😐👍

Outlier + Flowery Language + Hyperbolic

Nice to know they have Target in Manchester
AhJJrM2_d.webp

Out of curiosity, if we do treat this as a totally legitimate feat, how high do you think it would get?
You won't get any answer out of me considering i'm dumb as a rock when it comes to math. But the fact that he outran light that he himself created should put this at least at FTL

Mineta used to have a whip calculation based off the anime, so using the same logic, this Deku feat would be valid, wouldn’t it?

Although maybe not because I don’t think Manga Deku’s OFA gives off the same glow the anime likes to give it from time to time. But hey, I don’t know what counts as valid on this site.

That said, Mineta’s calc isn’t on his profile now that I just checked. I do remember it being there Before.

Iirc in the manga, he didn't kick her physically like in the anime but rather did it with a shockwave

Iirc in the manga, he didn't kick her physically like in the anime but rather did it with a shockwave
This is incorrect. He hits her with his left leg, busting the gun barrel. The same thing happened, the choreographing was just a little different. Nothing indicates a shockwave.

This is incorrect. He hits her with his left leg, busting the gun barrel. The same thing happened, the choreographing was just a little different. Nothing indicates a shockwave.
You're right, i misinterpret the speed line as a shockwave, stupid me

Official translations of new chapter.

AFO confirmed to only be able to take quirks by touching “the TRUE body”, so, explains why he can’t take Double from a Twice clone. Same most likely goes for Copy quirk guy.

Out of curiosity, if we do treat this as a totally legitimate feat, how high do you think it would get?
The average story height is 4.3m, and in the image that was sent had that at 4px when I measured it. So, 1px = 1.075 meters.

The light's distance came out to be to be 326.8 meters that Deku traveled.

The line appeared in a single frame. Anime runs at 24 fps.

1/24 = 0.0416666666667 second time frame.

326.8m/0.0416666666667 = Mach 22.8658892. Not that impressive, I think. hopefully I didn't mess anything up lmao

Edit: I messed up. The result is Mach 22, not 7 lol

Last edited:
The average story height is 4.3m, and in the image that was sent had that at 4px when I measured it. So, 1px = 1.075 meters.

300m/0.0416666666667 = Mach 7.19999999999. Not that impressive. hopefully I didn't mess anything up lmao
The line appeared before the light flooded the place he went through
obviously this is the slowed time formula for light

326.8m/0.0416666666667 = Mach 7.19999999999. Not that impressive. hopefully I didn't mess anything up lmao
I can’t do basic math, but this don’t seem right.

Deku (the line that appears) went down the entire road before the light generated from his own body due to OFA could even touch the buildings. I don’t think Mach 7 is fast enough for that. 🤔

I can’t do basic math, but this don’t seem right.

Deku (the line that appears) went down the entire road before the light generated from his own body due to OFA could even touch the buildings. I don’t think Mach 7 is fast enough for that. 🤔
My bad, I messed up the calc a bit. The result is Mach 22. However, I think I misunderstood the premise. Are people saying Deku traveled faster than the green light? It just seems like it represents himself traveling, or something like that. Or are you referencing the red circles in the background?

My bad, I messed up the calc a bit. The result is Mach 22. However, I think I misunderstood the premise. Are people saying Deku traveled faster than the green light? It just seems like it represents himself traveling, or something like that. Or are you referencing the red circles in the background?
See, the green line is Deku himself
The light generated from the attack did not appear until after he had completely travelled and finished moving

The green LINE is Deku himself, that’s his flight path.

Deku, the line, travelled the entire distance before the LIGHT from HIS OWN BODY due to OFA’s glow effect could touch the buildings. The premise is that he could travel that distance before the light from his own body could illuminate the surrounding area.

The green LINE is Deku himself, that’s his flight path.

Deku, the line, travelled the entire distance before the LIGHT from HIS OWN BODY due to OFA’s glow effect could touch the buildings. The premise is that he could travel that distance before the light from his own body could illuminate the surrounding area.
Yeah, just rewatched the scene and understood what you meant. Idrc for FTL MHA anymore so, idc if people use this to wank Deku to FTL. (not accusing you of doing it btw)

For Deku’s Manchester Smash speed:

Nagant was flying away and completely statued by Deku’s speed:

Assuming she was flying at subsonic speeds due to propelling herself with her bullet (34.3 m/s)

0.013/34.3 = 0.00037 seconds (Timeframe)

Someone else found the light’s distance to be 326.8 m

326.8/0.00037 = 883243 m/s

Mach 2575, Massively Hypersonic+

Last edited:
Back