• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

is the reason heroes are allowed to kill nomu's is because they aren't human?
They're walking corpses, they aren't even considered to be truly alive. Before the High-Ends they literally didn't have the brain capacity to think for themselves. It wouldn't be wrong to call those Nomu biological robots with primitive AI. High-Ends are more iffy since they can clearly speak and think.

But only Kurogiri has shown to have a will beyond just obeying his master, and we have no idea how long he can do that for. Endeavor did instantly go for a kill on a Nomu, and we didn't know they were corpses back then. But it was still very clear these things were completely mindless. I believe killing the Nomu is a mercy for them, considering how badly their bodies and brains were destroyed through surgery and holding multiple Quirks.

I wonder if Eri's Quirk would work on a Nomu? Are they considered a living thing by her Quirk? Since her Quirk only affects living things. It'd be interesting if they tried to use Eri's Quirk on Kurogiri and she can't rewind him back to Shirakumo because he's already "dead".

They're walking corpses, they aren't even considered to be truly alive. Before the High-Ends they literally didn't have the brain capacity to think for themselves. It wouldn't be wrong to call those Nomu biological robots with primitive AI. High-Ends are more iffy since they can clearly speak and think.

But only Kurogiri has shown to have a will beyond just obeying his master, and we have no idea how long he can do that for. Endeavor did instantly go for a kill on a Nomu, and we didn't know they were corpses back then. But it was still very clear these things were completely mindless. I believe killing the Nomu is a mercy for them, considering how badly their bodies and brains were destroyed through surgery and holding multiple Quirks.

I wonder if Eri's Quirk would work on a Nomu? Are they considered a living thing by her Quirk? Since her Quirk only affects living things. It'd be interesting if they tried to use Eri's Quirk on Kurogiri and she can't rewind him back to Shirakumo because he's already "dead".
they're called artificial humans rusty but tbh they don't even look homo sapien anymore

though i read that some nomu are somehow aware of themselves but cannot do anything at all.

"It's implied that they maintain a certain degree of their memories and consciousness, however, how much they are able to access and feel is unknown." tv tropes

You are missing the point, we are trying to tell you that they are not normal mirrors and that they can reflect many different things, and because of that, the lasers being reflected is neither a proof in favor or against them being light speed.
I’ve kinda… given up on them being light speed
The only proof that doesn’t need to be debated is that irl there is genuine SoL weaponry that already exists and is used by ATLEAST the US Military (to my knowledge), but anything other than that is up for debate.
now the MHA US having light speed weaponry, that I’m willing to die on.
Also yeah how would you measure that one air cannon I sent you, like do we use Ang sizing, can we measure it using the hole in the clouds leading to sea level?

I would, but I've been busy with drawing and my other hobbies.
I will continue with the revisions then.
Also yeah how would you measure that one air cannon I sent you, like do we use Ang sizing, can we measure it using the hole in the clouds leading to sea level?
The Air Canon might be pushing the clouds far lower than they should be, making the distance to sea level much smaller than it normally would.

Also a 7.3 kilometer-tall cumulus cloud is... kind of unnatural to say the least.

I will continue with the revisions then.
im impatient give them now
The Air Canon might be pushing the clouds far lower than they should be, making the distance to sea level much smaller than it normally would.
Wouldnt that be a ridiculously high result then? Because thats ALL of the clouds in that area
Also a 7.3 kilometer-tall cumulus cloud is... kind of unnatural to say the least.
Yeah, that’s what I thought measured it mostly for fun, so I would ask if I should just turn it into the standard 1km.
Also I measured the force Shigaraki would be taking back onto himself, Class T if it’s just 1km

Should Iida and Todoroki’s durability scale to 7-A+ or at least downscale considering that they survived an Air Cannon from a weakened ShigAFO in the first war? (although they were launched back)

At the very least, we can scale the Air Cannon to High 7-C since it knocked out Base Deku, and Todoroki and Iida weren’t shown to be knocked out or even heavily damaged

I also noticed that Base Deku could keep pace with AFO Shigaraki’s Rivet Stabs, and react to them and dodge them using Blackwhip

Meaning Deku needs High Hypersonic reactions in base form

And when the speed revisions and final act revisions come the Near High End tier characters will become Sub-Relativistic

So we’ll get Base Deku with Sub-Relativistic reactions 🙏🏽

Kaminari should have Heat resistance, no? He withstood Nine's rock vaporizing-lightning without a single burn

Should Iida and Todoroki’s durability scale to 7-A+ or at least downscale considering that they survived an Air Cannon from a weakened ShigAFO in the first war? (although they were launched back)

At the very least, we can scale the Air Cannon to High 7-C since it knocked out Base Deku, and Todoroki and Iida weren’t shown to be knocked out or even heavily damaged
Those scenes aren't even canon. The anime added a lot of nonsense that never happened in the manga. Iida and Shoto were fine in the manga. Same for Nejire and Mirio (who was taken out so stupidly in the anime - it's literally impossible for that to happen to manga Mirio).

Kaminari should have Heat resistance, no? He withstood Nine's rock vaporizing-lightning without a single burn
He has electricity resistance which I guess comes with in-built heat resistance. Logically speaking, all lightning/electricity users need some degree of heat resistance though I don't think most authors account for that.

Pretty peak episode I must admit. That talk between the top 3 in the car was about as long as I expected and LETS GO ORDINARY GIRL IS FINALLY ANIMATED!

Loved the intro to Nagant, though they added a scene where she shot at Deku before he grabbed his phone? Where in the manga she predicted him before he started moving. Also her voice actor is quite perfect, Anya truly is the goat.

Also, from the preview, Fa Jin is red. That’s a sick color for it. And guessing we’re gonna end on “Now it’s your turn” since we see AFO in his chair. Now I’m interested in how they’ll do Faux 100%, cause the animation so far is crispy and nice, especially for Nagant.

Wonder if Rusty and Therefir will be able to get new results from the anime rendition of this fight

Just realized the 3km Nagant range was given to us by Snipe who might not have known her max range since she might've been hiding her potential from the public as part of her facade so her firing those bullets hundreds of kms away might not have been that contradictory after all, at least that's what i think

I don't think him catching the bullets is anything that good. He isn't really moving more distance than the bullet travels in the same timeframe.

The episode was very good, the only slight issue I had was Nagant's bullet feeling weak. It looks good flying through the air, but it didn't feel strong as Izuku was being pushed back. That bullet in the manga felt powerful, and it looked like he was struggling to hold it back. While the anime looks like he's using Float.

Him catching it in slow motion looks good. But I think they should've speed up when we zoomed out and see him being carried by the bullet. But that's the only thing that stood out to me, Nagant looks great and her arrival was done well. Next episode preview showed something interesting, I think it's going to be great.

Red Fa Jin looks good as well. I knew with Smokescreen being purple that they weren't going to make Fa Jin green.

Also the anime subtitles translated Izuku's line to High-Angle Fire.

Just realized the 3km Nagant range was given to us by Snipe who might not have known her max range since she might've been hiding her potential from the public as part of her facade so her firing those bullets hundreds of kms away might not have been that contradictory after all, at least that's what i think
I took the 3km range as the "effective range" of her gun-fu since Snipe compares it to his 700 meter effective range but that doesn't mean he somehow can't shoot with guns with longer ranges. It's just that he can no longer control the bullets after they pass the 700 meter range.

I don't think him catching the bullets is anything that good. He isn't really moving more distance than the bullet travels in the same timeframe.

The episode was very good, the only slight issue I had was Nagant's bullet feeling weak. It looks good flying through the air, but it didn't feel strong as Izuku was being pushed back. That bullet in the manga felt powerful, and it looked like he was struggling to hold it back. While the anime looks like he's using Float.

Him catching it in slow motion looks good. But I think they should've speed up when we zoomed out and see him being carried by the bullet. But that's the only thing that stood out to me, Nagant looks great and her arrival was done well. Next episode preview showed something interesting, I think it's going to be great.

Red Fa Jin looks good as well. I knew with Smokescreen being purple that they weren't going to make Fa Jin green.

Also the anime subtitles translated Izuku's line to High-Angle Fire.
I think this season in general has had issues showing the strength of impacts. Kinda same thing with Deku vs Shigaraki where setting aside the animation, the punches felt as if they had zero weight until the last Texas Smash.

Just got set up with a new desktop. Currently trying to transfer files and get use to this keyboard and mouse.

Have some problems that'll need fixing. Not certain when everything will become stable, so I can't say how often I'll be around.

Won't be able to do much until I get settled.

Just got set up with a new desktop. Currently trying to transfer files and get use to this keyboard and mouse.

Have some problems that'll need fixing. Not certain when everything will become stable, so I can't say how often I'll be around.

Won't be able to do much until I get settled.
Just make sure to focus on that, there’s no need for ya to rush

Chapter out, more set up and we’re swapping to Gunga, but at least my boy Inasa has finally showed up.

I’m curious how he’s gonna approach Endeavor and Dabi now, since we don’t have his thoughts on the whole situation. He was an original Endeavor hater, so I wonder what his opinion is now. Also him picking up the whole Twice army is badass, I really wonder what the limits of his Quirk are.

Gentle getting live-streamed as a villain turned hero is gonna give him insane clout, the come up is here.

Back