• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

speed upgrades based on lasers and eyeball flashes, and no, none of them have dura neg. Again, idk why you’re bringing it up.
Because I'm bored? Just finished reading all my LN's that I have available so I'm browsing the wiki, and found it. Also, found the thread where it was accepted. Will read through it.

Anyway.

Excited to see what happens next and whether AFO gets pissed off enough to actually try pretty soon. And yeah, he should either have the warp ability that Nomu had or it’s that one thing from the flashback with the Second when he destroyed a bullet.

I can just imagine all the butthurt HxH fans in the comment section. Oh the salt produced would put the Dead Sea to shame
cover5.jpg

Better get Mha to Sub-rel quick then. Also what is the mechanism behind Nen crush and can Shigaraki's on board hatred-defibrillator save him from it?
They shove Nen at you and it causes Mega fear/madness that can kill you/age you (for Meruem). Hence they just go “Nen Crush gg” and the opponent can’t do anything cause fear. And it has higher scaling than most fear resistances so that’s about it.

Ren (練レン, Ren; "Refine"/"Enhance") focuses on outputting a larger amount of aura than Ten and projecting it outwards violently. The user emanates a large amount of aura which enhances all of their physical capabilities such as strength and durability. By projecting malice into Ren, also called "bloodlust" by Nen Users. A prolonged experience of this can cause paralysis, intense fear, in some cases madnessand without a Ten as a defence, death. It's used to intimidate other Nen Users allowing them to see the difference in power. Without malice, the pressure of Ren cannot be felt by non-users and only by extremely attentive living beings with high potential in regards to Nen.

^The killer of hxh matches being a thing if you don’t have high fear resistance

They shove Nen at you and it causes Mega fear/madness that can kill you/age you (for Meruem). Hence they just go “Nen Crush gg” and the opponent can’t do anything cause fear. And it has higher scaling than most fear resistances so that’s about it.
You reckon Shigaraki can just res himself after death with will power?

Just read the chapter, sus La Brava and Camie panels aside r34 better do its thing, this was a pretty cool chapter, Gentle is definitely scaling to the UA lift and maybe HH reactions since he saw Deku? Though Camie's dialogue make me want to kms

Shigaraki still needs his own speed feats. Out of the current high tiers right now, he is severely lacking in his own speed feats. Deku has the Faux 100% feats that basically put him above Nagant's bullets and needed his entire class combined to catch up. Then he got the Gear Shift feats where he literally statued Shigaraki.

All Might might not have as many speed feats in the main manga but combining all his appearances he has a fair amount of speed showings.

Shigaraki on the other hand just has vaguely top tier speed with nothing too impressive.

Like I doubt that he can even keep up with Faux 100% right now.

Shigaraki still needs his own speed feats. Out of the current high tiers right now, he is severely lacking in his own speed feats. Deku has the Faux 100% feats that basically put him above Nagant's bullets and needed his entire class combined to catch up. Then he got the Gear Shift feats where he literally statued Shigaraki.

All Might might not have as many speed feats in the main manga but combining all his appearances he has a fair amount of speed showings.

Shigaraki on the other hand just has vaguely top tier speed with nothing too impressive.

Like I doubt that he can even keep up with Faux 100% right now.
Yeah ngl Shigaraki is kinda carried by statements; he is stated to be on par with All Might in speed but Shigaraki hasn’t blitzed any character or anything so far

"Gray skies. I'd been stained by darkness and lost faith in the light... until you and my successor came around to remind me... of how I felt back then... with my bright and shining hopes. And of my reason for being. Now, let this reach Izuku Midoriya. From Lady Nagant!!"

This quote alone makes me want a Final Arc Lady Nagant tabber (when she's in her hospital gown and scarred all over) just so we can put this quote there. Shit lives in my head rent-free

That Quote is fire. Love it.

Her and Gentle I hope have at least one more moment for the final act. Even just a talk with Deku would be absolutely goated.
Ikr, it's legit the sole reason why I want a "Final Arc" tabber for Nagant, even if not another key. Just so I can put that quote in there. Honestly, that chapter as a whole is what reignited my hype for MHA, and honestly, Nagant is a great character. I'd love to see her and Gentle interact with Deku one more time, just so Deku himself is made fully aware of the effect he's had on them.

I read a comment that I thought was really good. Deku has already surpassed All Might, and I don't mean in power, but in heroism. No other hero, including All Might, has accomplished what Deku has: to actually understand villains and even bring some out of the darkness and get them to change their ways. Heroes typically just apprehend the villains without a second thought, but Deku is a different case. He's a true hero in that sense.

Ikr, it's legit the sole reason why I want a "Final Arc" tabber for Nagant, even if not another key. Just so I can put that quote in there. Honestly, that chapter as a whole is what reignited my hype for MHA, and honestly, Nagant is a great character. I'd love to see her and Gentle interact with Deku one more time, just so Deku himself is made fully aware of the effect he's had on them.

I read a comment that I thought was really good. Deku has already surpassed All Might, and I don't mean in power, but in heroism. No other hero, including All Might, has accomplished what Deku has: to actually understand villains and even bring some out of the darkness and get them to change their ways. Heroes typically just apprehend the villains without a second thought, but Deku is a different case. He's a true hero in that sense.
Yep. That’s the difference between Deku and All Might, as well as any other hero.

When he meets these villains that cry out for fairness, or were hurt by the system, he doesn’t dismiss them, because he understands their pain. He knows what it’s like to have a dream not reached, and constantly states how blessed he was with people that believed in him at a point in his life where he had basically given up.

No other hero really has that. Every other hero was built into this society already secured. They had a decent Quirk, so they became a hero.

Deku did this because he had no other choice in his soul. He wanted to save people like All Might. And as he’s grown, the winning has come with the saving. Now he’s strong enough to do both, but he’s never forsaken either. He still beat Gentle and Nagant, but he never gave up on telling them that their pain, their dreams, were nothing or should be discarded. He wants to show them a brighter future, and is genuine about it, because that’s the only way he feels he can repay the people that got him to this point in the first place.

All Might kinda just did stuff in his own. Beat up the bad guys, in literal droves, until he was so feared that crime went down. But when he left, all that happened was that crime shot up in response to the gap he created, as well as heroes that weren’t built to rise to the occasion. This is the society that Tenko Shimura was born into, and why Tomura Shigaraki even exists. A society built on heroes doing things, so that others don’t have to. On All Might solving the problems as the best, so others don’t feel the need to become like him.

Deku is working to build a world where everyone is a hero. Where everyone can reach a hand out and save a crying child.

He’s not trying to become a symbol, or the Number One Hero, or anything. That has never been his goal. It has always been to be a great hero, and to show those he cares about a brighter future. And that is why he is the only person that could ever even POSSIBLY get through to Tenko. Because what he wants and what Tenko want is the same:

They want this current society to not exist. They want something better. Their methods are just far too different for them to ever be compatible with each other. But they can understand each other. This is something I hope Shigaraki realizes in their fight, and that he has already begun to do (he thinks of Deku when he thinks of a true hero).

"Gray skies. I'd been stained by darkness and lost faith in the light... until you and my successor came around to remind me... of how I felt back then... with my bright and shining hopes. And of my reason for being. Now, let this reach Izuku Midoriya. From Lady Nagant!!"

This quote alone makes me want a Final Arc Lady Nagant tabber (when she's in her hospital gown and scarred all over) just so we can put this quote there. Shit lives in my head rent-free
Can I actually do this? It'd be pretty cool I think

Question: how do we measure the heat resistance given to Deku and Bakugo when they got hit by Nine’s lightning? Cause the heat of a lightning bolt is kinda insane.
Nine's lightning lasted much longer than any other lightning, so maybe they can fully scale from it?

If not, it's just electricity resistance, as the burns are caused by the electricity and not the heat itself.

Nine's lightning lasted much longer than any other lightning, so maybe they can fully scale from it?

If not, it's just electricity resistance, as the burns are caused by the electricity and not the heat itself.
Yeah, they were directly hit for several seconds by a natural bolt of cloud-to-ground lightning so powerful it made a crater and shut off all power across the island. So they should be scaling to the full value.

And at first I’m thinking “well that’d be outlier,” until I see all the other heat resistance feats.

Dabi’s flames are enough to literally vaporize carbon fiber in seconds, which has a melting point of 3652 degrees. He smacked Deku in the face with this level of heat and Deku didn’t even care about it until it was compounded by all the other things, nor was he burned by it.

All Might casually withstood point blank explosions from Bakugo which are 5000 degrees, especially since they were consecutive so they heat would have had time to stick around. And he wasn’t burned by it.

Then there’s the “superheated amalgamation” of plasma, with plasma being between 6093 - 8037 degrees. All Might again touches this with 0 difficulty, and Endeavor even destroys them with a Prominence Burn.

So lightning level heat resistance isn’t exactly an outlier since the “limits” of heat resistance haven’t been shown at all.

Even after absorbed by Kaminari, Nine's lightning was still hot enough to vaporize the surrounding rock so one would defintely need heat resistance alongside electricity resistance to withstand that. Someone should definitely add heat resist on Kaminari's profile and maybe heat manip on Nine's, though i don't know if that'll overlap with his electric manip?

Yeah, they were directly hit for several seconds by a natural bolt of cloud-to-ground lightning so powerful it made a crater and shut off all power across the island. So they should be scaling to the full value.

And at first I’m thinking “well that’d be outlier,” until I see all the other heat resistance feats.

Dabi’s flames are enough to literally vaporize carbon fiber in seconds, which has a melting point of 3652 degrees. He smacked Deku in the face with this level of heat and Deku didn’t even care about it until it was compounded by all the other things, nor was he burned by it.

All Might casually withstood point blank explosions from Bakugo which are 5000 degrees, especially since they were consecutive so they heat would have had time to stick around. And he wasn’t burned by it.

Then there’s the “superheated amalgamation” of plasma, with plasma being between 6093 - 8037 degrees. All Might again touches this with 0 difficulty, and Endeavor even destroys them with a Prominence Burn.

So lightning level heat resistance isn’t exactly an outlier since the “limits” of heat resistance haven’t been shown at all.
With all this in mind, what do you reckon the heat scaling of Mha is like? Like who can output what and resist what level of heat. Cuz stating Dabi is an unknown amount higher than 2000°C and the rest of the Todoroki is steel melting level is starting to not cut it as seen in that Homelander v Deku thread. Would be nice to have actual values and layered scaling to back it up for debating purposes.

Question: how do we measure the heat resistance given to Deku and Bakugo when they got hit by Nine’s lightning? Cause the heat of a lightning bolt is kinda insane.
In the CRT I made it was agreed upon for it to be an additional justification to the current heat resistance which is, 5000c.

I'm all set for now. Transferred my important stuff and while I'm still not use to the keyboard. That's just going to take time. But everything is far better.

CloverDragon03: For Lady Nagant's quote, I'm pretty sure we're allowed to have more than one quote. I've seen people with two quotes.

Heat Resistance: I don't know how the lightning scaling would work, beyond it being good heat resistance. It can vaporize sand in the small instant it exist, and if we take it at face value, Izuku/Bakugo withstood being struck by a constant bolt for a few seconds. The average lightning bolt only exist for around 30 microseconds.

Tokoyami with full darkness confirmed to be at least as strong as Prime All Might, literally making Prime AFO scared. Can’t believe the bird boy has come so far, easily the strongest member of Class 1A after Deku unless Awakened Bakugo comes back and starts hurting Shigaraki. Just needs the right set up and he can be among the strongest.

God Tiers: Deku, Shigaraki, Prime AM, Prime AFO and GOD DAMN FULL POWER TOKOYAMI LETS GOOOO

Cam someone post leaks of the full chapter pls 👉👈
Tokoyami with full darkness confirmed to be at least as strong as Prime All Might, literally making Prime AFO scared. Can’t believe the bird boy has come so far, easily the strongest member of Class 1A after Deku unless Awakened Bakugo comes back and starts hurting Shigaraki. Just needs the right set up and he can be among the strongest.

God Tiers: Deku, Shigaraki, Prime AM, Prime AFO and GOD DAMN FULL POWER TOKOYAMI LETS GOOOO
Is there indication of how fast he is?

Back