• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think I lost half of my lifespan reading that comment
medic.gif

I feel like Gigantomachia should be High Hypersonic for toying with multiple Hypersonic+ characters, rather than just Hypersonic+.

Toying with them? I'm not sure it was implied that his speed is why he was able to easily defeat them.

Toying with them? I'm not sure it was implied that his speed is why he was able to easily defeat them.
Yes, Mr. Compress said Machia has been toying with them all along, and even with that he was still able to catch a clone of Shigaraki, the fastest Hypersonic+ of the group.

I noticed in the new chapter that Gentle is actually inside the elastic barrier he formed, which means he's being crushed against his own elasticity by the weight of the U.A. Fortress.

Okay Gentle is still holding up the U.A. Fortress, but this chapter just showed us that he's INSIDE his air trampoline. Which bodes very well for him physically pushing up against the U.A. Fortress as scaling to his physicals as well. Gentle clearly needs to physically hold it as well or the air trampoline would instantly fail.

Though this clearly is his limit, his arms are bleeding from constantly having to hold this thing up. Also it's the first time we've seen his air membranes tear/break. Gentle could somewhat see Izuku tackle Shigaraki off U.A., though notes he barely did. I still love the fact he's here, Gentle is one of my favorite characters.

Business Course students are recording everything, just sticking their heads out of the holes of the fortress. Also La Brava taking the time to hack into their phones and livestream their recording, after insuring U.A. can fly again, is just great. That panel of her face is really well done, though... I won't say anymore.

The storm is getting worse, the sky looks darker and the lightning is raining down. Toga/Twice pushes Aizawa and Present Mic off the floating platform, but get saved in the nick of time by Shirogiri. Who looks like he's still struggling with figuring himself out. Also we see Monoma is unconscious and bleeding from the head.

So yeah that fall knocked him out, and there goes the theory of him teleporting Lady Nagant for some reason.

We get a nice shot of Izuku and Shigaraki. Can't tell if Izuku is charging in this scene or he's just glowing with the raw energy around him. Shigaraki either busted out of Blackwhip or Izuku let go, either is possible since Decay might be able to spread through Blackwhip. However we go back to Gunga, as expected.

So AFO explaining how he plans on taking control of Shigaraki's body just confirms that he's going to fail right? This is fiction, you don't explain a plan and have it go down with 100% success rate and no issues. If Horikoshi wanted it to work he would've kept it a secret. But this basically tells me AFO is completely f'd.

Also AFO is really good at coping with a sudden bad situation, since he just admitted the fusion and new personality thing was never a part of his plan. Yet Vestige AFO was acting like it was a great thing and he was looking forward to it. Hawks attack on AFO was actually very cool.

He swings at AFO but lets go of his sword, AFO ends up dodging nothing, while Hawks propels that blade with his feathers into AFO's face and attempts to stab him with another sword. Hawks just has a lot of swords on his person. This is four blades now. He did trick AFO into falling into his feint, even if it didn't work.

Seems like AFO has the same space warping Quirk as the High-End Robot did. Which is actually a very useful attack. Dura negation via spatial manipulation.

Shiketsu finally arrives, with Camie tricking AFO with an illusion. I refuse to comment on what she's riding, but her panel shot does look amazing.

It's great to see all of them, but it's especially great to see Inasa wrecking Toga/Twice clones with his wind storm. He was able to take out over 100 people back during the Joint Training Arc, so his wind can affect a big area. Though it looks like his control and range is far better than before, that last page looks amazing.

Who would've expected Inasa, Camie, and Meatball to enter a battle to save Hawks from a rewind AFO? Camie having any interacting with AFO is crazy to think about, this kind of feels like when Jirou came in a saved Hawks from AFO. Tokoyami was expected because of his connection to Hawks, but not Jirou.

Just even more unexpected.

I won't really mind if this doesn't happen. But I really hope Prime AFO never makes it to Shigaraki, or at least have him arrive when he disappears and gets to see how he's completely failed. AFO being repeatedly stopped and slowed down by "side characters" is something I really love, since you know he hates it.

I doubt he'll disappear with no fanfare, there has to be some big shocking moment before he goes poof.

This wasn't a bad chapter to come back to at all. This was great to read, and I'm glad to see Horikoshi is still on his game. Just hope he's taking care of himself.

Yes, Mr. Compress said Machia has been toying with them all along, and even with that he was still able to catch a clone of Shigaraki, the fastest Hypersonic+ of the group.
On that note, shouldn't demoralized Machia be 8-A+ for dispelling a clone of Shigaraki with one punch while "toying" with him?

On that note, shouldn't demoralized Machia be 8-A+ for dispelling a clone of Shigaraki with one punch while "toying" with him?
Due to his variable power via his morale, having him be 8-A is fine. We aren't implying he can't be 8-A+.

The two sides are meant to show his lower and higher ends of power. His lowest feat was the 200+ ton feat he did while crying and in despair of how weak Shiggy was.

AFO has a lot of new abilities we need to add to his profile:

Spatial Manipulation
Self-Causality Manipulation
Regeneration
(Mid-High)
Telekinesis
Forcefield Creation
Flight
Energy Manipulation
Bone Manipulation
Fire Manipulation

We’ll finally be able to use Prime AFO in matches

Where does the regeneration come from?

Also, would it be fine to add these abilities since they come from the last arc? Or do we add them because Prime AFO is finally showcasing his quirks?

Also, I find it weird that AFO pulls out Spatial Manipulation out of nowhere.

Which clearly means that AFO used this move against All Might, so both Deku and All Might need spatial resistance

AFO has a lot of new abilities we need to add to his profile:

Spatial Manipulation
Self-Causality Manipulation
Regeneration
(Mid-High)
Telekinesis
Forcefield Creation
Flight
Energy Manipulation
Bone Manipulation
Fire Manipulation

Is the mid high because of eri?

Where does the regeneration come from?

Also, would it be fine to add these abilities since they come from the last arc? Or do we add them because Prime AFO is finally showcasing his quirks?

Also, I find it weird that AFO pulls out Spatial Manipulation out of nowhere.

Which clearly means that AFO used this move against All Might, so both Deku and All Might need spatial resistance
Due to Garaki’s bullet modeled off of Eri’s quirk, AFO was able to regenerate from being turned to ash by Endeavor

His lowest feat was the 200+ ton feat he did while crying and in despair of how weak Shiggy was.
Admittedly, this 8-A calc could benefit from a minor revision, as I used the windows for measure instead of the tree crowns in the background, which I now know how big they are.

I will check if there are any changes.

By the way, wasn't Dabi already 7-A+ when Machia tanked his flames? Shouldn't Machia's durability be 7-A+ even in his weakest state?

I'll say that we need confirmation that he lost all of his Weakened self Quirks and is using his Prime self Quirks. However nothing like that has been stated and considering how he's been fighting, I think these are still Weakened AFO's Quirks and they don't belong to Prime AFO. At least until we get confirmation.

Weakened AFO should get the modified rewinding bullet as part of his equipment.

But Prime AFO here seems to be far different than the Prime AFO that fought All Might.

The spatial warping is the newest ability he's shown, but a High-End had a similar ability so I don't think we should say that's a Prime AFO Quirk. The only Prime AFO we can use in match with this information is the rewinding AFO, since I think he still using Weakened Quirks.

I'll say that we need confirmation that he lost all of his Weakened self Quirks and is using his Prime self Quirks. However nothing like that has been stated and considering how he's been fighting, I think these are still Weakened AFO's Quirks and they don't belong to Prime AFO. At least until we get confirmation.

Weakened AFO should get the modified rewinding bullet as part of his equipment.

But Prime AFO here seems to be far different than the Prime AFO that fought All Might.

The spatial warping is the newest ability he's shown, but a High-End had a similar ability so I don't think we should say that's a Prime AFO Quirk. The only Prime AFO we can use in match with this information is the rewinding AFO, since I think he still using Weakened Quirks.
since AFO is now in his prime

I presume deku is the only one who can beat him? Or no

By the way, wasn't Dabi already 7-A+ when Machia tanked his flames? Shouldn't Machia's durability be 7-A+ even in his weakest state?
Machia does seem to be stupid tough even when sleeping. But without an order he was a threat to Re-Destro, who's going to be scaling to that level of power.

Dabi mention he'd gotten stronger during his fight with Geten, but we don't really know when he got stronger. Dabi states he wasn't going to help with subduing Machia and when we see them "training", Dabi isn't helping and they had to warp to him. Which means Dabi wasn't helping and was doing whatever.

I'm uncertain about it, I'm neutral about the idea. I can't give a strong opinion.

Artorimachi Meteoraft

He's dying, no one needs to beat him they just need to prevent him from arriving to Shigaraki and wait for him to get erased. He isn't even trying to fight

Machia does seem to be stupid tough even when sleeping. But without an order he was a threat to Re-Destro, who's going to be scaling to that level of power.

Dabi mention he'd gotten stronger during his fight with Geten, we don't really know why/when he got stronger. Dabi states he wasn't going to help with subduing Machia and when we see them "training", Dabi isn't helping and they had to warp to him. Which means Dabi wasn't helping and was doing whatever.

I'm uncertain about it, I'm neutral about the idea. I can't give a strong opinion.

Artorimachi Meteoraft

He's dying, no one needs to beat him they just need to prevent him from arriving to Shigaraki and wait for him to get erased. He isn't even trying to fight
Hmm then it’s just shigaraki vs deku.

though i feel like it has to end in death since shigaraki is irredeemable now.

though I have another question.

your thoughts on endeavor getting a redemption/a second chance after what he did to his family?

your thoughts on endeavor getting a redemption/a second chance after what he did to his family?
It's up to his family, the people he hurt, if he'll be forgiven or not.

Endeavor's already admitted and made peace with the fact that he shouldn't try to gain forgiveness. He just need to live the rest of his life atoning for all that he's done.

I'm personally fine with either. I just don't want him to die here, kind of cheap to kill him off after everything that's happen. Death isn't forgiveness or atonement.

If Endeavor makes it through this, I'm very curious to see how he'll be judged when the world get back in order.

Dabi mention he'd gotten stronger during his fight with Geten, but we don't really know when he got stronger.
The Doctor stated that Machia's body was extraordinarily durable before he was even remodeled.

Dabi said he only got a "bit" stronger after Gigantomachia's appearance by the way, but that's not even an issue since he was already 7-A+ by the time of the Heroes Rising movie.

He even said he was going all-out against Machia (going all-out without Flashfire of course, or maybe he just couldn't use it at the time), so I see no reason for Machia not to scale.

The Doctor stated that Machia's body was extraordinarily durable even before he was remodeled.

Dabi said he only got a "bit" stronger after Gigantomachia's appearance by the way, but that's not even the issue since he was already 7-A+ by the time of the Heroes Rising movie.
Heroes Rising takes place a bit after he fought Geten. Which means him attacking Machia happened a bit over a month and half ago.

The Doctor stated he needed Shigaraki to do something for him after he already got the Liberation Army on his side. The move shows it was transporting Nine.

Shiggy also decays Nine using his two finger decay, since the fingers on that hand were destroyed by Re-Destro. He's wearing the same glove as well.

He even said he was going all-out against Machia (going all-out without Flashfire of course, or maybe he just couldn't use it at the time), so I see no reason for Machia not to scale.
I don't mind the scaling at all, just that I'm not certain about it either. Since I can't say for sure how strong Dabi was then. He was getting stronger by himself.

Back