• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The sound thing was more of a reiteration. But the gears thing should be new it was never explained before how many gears Deku was using.
We see him use all of them, so I think we can tell how many Gears he was using. He says each of those names as well.

Go to sleep.

Or I could just need sleep
Nighty night
2rj0p4.png

Number 6 Lightning and Destruction Style turns almost his entire body into plasma. Not including some of his skeleton and brain. By itself plasma cannot be physically touched anymore than gas or air can be touched. Knuckleduster even acknowledges that Number 6 can't be damaged by attacking the plasma.

And when Koichi hits him, we see his attacks don't actually land on his body and instead disperse his body .

The only reason Koichi is fine with throw these attacks at Number 6 is because he knows it won't kill him.

"Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks."
Makes sense, you can’t accurately touch him but you should still be capable of physical interactions no? Would you truly have NSI for punching it?

Makes sense, you can’t accurately touch him but you should still be capable of physical interactions no? Would you truly have NSI for punching it?
Punching it and him dispersing around your fist would not qualify for NPI, yes.

All Might punched the clones and literally pushed them into the air while their forms remained in tact, as if they were normal physical beings being punched upwards.

Last edited:
Plasma is basically the forth state of matter that moves more freely than gas. You cannot interact with it like a solid. Trying to punch plasma isn't all that different than trying to punch a gas/liquid. That's why when Koichi attacks Number 6's plasma body it only disperses him.

Being able to interact with plasma like it's a solid would grant non-physical interaction. What is NSI?

Example: All Might doesn't disperse them and he physically interacts with them as if they're solid. His fist caves their bodies in and lifts them off the ground. All while their body remains intact and don't disperse like plasma should. It's completely different compared to when Koichi punches the plasma.

This is a very clear showing between two people who have and don't have non physical interaction.

All Might doesn't disperse them and he physically interacts with them as if they're solid. His fist caves their bodies in and lifts them off the ground.
If their forms were non-physical, then why would their bodies even warp around his fist? That implies a flesh-like exterior in the first place. Did Toshinori transmute the bombers upon impact?
It's completely different compared to when Koichi punches the plasma.
Koichi was attacking The Scarred Man with repulsive blasts of energy.

If their forms were non-physical, then why would their bodies even warp around his fist? That implies a flesh-like exterior in the first place. Did Toshinori transmute the bombers upon impact?
That's what makes it non-physical interaction my man. Being able to interact with plasma as if it's solid. They're made of plasma, do you know what NPI is?

What Koichi is attacking with doesn't matter, don't know why you're mention it. No different than a punch, just has long range. It's a blast of force/physical impact.

Scaling back from a VSBW-meta perspective for a moment though, this does raise of the question why exactly All Might can punch these things if physical attacks supposedly are not able to work. Does One For All have some extra hidden Quirk we're not aware of? Is it is a product of just overwhelming strength and anyone this strong can do it?

Mostly hypothetical, but I can't help but think this when it crops up for various verses.

Scaling back from a VSBW-meta perspective for a moment though, this does raise of the question why exactly All Might can punch these things if physical attacks supposedly are not able to work. Does One For All have some extra hidden Quirk we're not aware of? Is it is a product of just overwhelming strength and anyone this strong can do it?

Mostly hypothetical, but I can't help but think this when it crops up for various verses.

A wizard did it

It's fiction and they can do whatever it wants. Why do Quirks even exist? How can New Order exist? How does someone biologically have the head of a manga panel?

Why can All Might's Quirkless body be super durable enough to withstand 100% of OFA when he first gets it? Why does Tokoyami's bird head not count as a Quirk and instead Dark Shadow is his Quirk? Why is Dabi still alive despite 100% of his skin being burned? How did Number 6 stay alive for so long despite only being a brain and skeleton? How did Shigaraki revive himself via hatred, and the narrator stating the electric current wasn't enough to bring him back?

Why is Stain so damn strong and fast? Why is Endeavor more durable than Ryukyu? There are a lot of these whys, but there are no answers other than just because.

He's just built different

Also, regarding elemental NPI, how does this wiki treats it? Do we give characters the ability to interact with other elements different from the ones they have been shown to interact with or is it only with very similar elements?

It's fiction and they can do whatever it wants. Why do Quirks even exist? How can New Order exist? How does someone biologically have the head of a manga panel?

Why can All Might's Quirkless body be super durable enough to withstand 100% of OFA when he first gets it? Why does Tokoyami's bird head not count as a Quirk and instead Dark Shadow is his Quirk? Why is Dabi still alive despite 100% of his skin being burned? How did Number 6 stay alive for so long despite only being a brain and skeleton? How did Shigaraki revive himself via hatred, and the narrator stating the electric current wasn't enough to bring him back?

Why is Stain so damn strong and fast? Why is Endeavor more durable than Ryukyu? There are a lot of these whys, but there are no answers other than just because.
Those questions don't let me sleep.

He's just built different

Also, regarding elemental NPI, how does this wiki treats it? Do we give characters the ability to interact with other elements different from the ones they have been shown to interact with or is it only with very similar elements?
Damage is correct, heavily depends on the context.

Izuku for example won't be able to physically interact with things like ghost. Since they don't have any physical form period. Gas/liquids do physically exist and can be interacted with. They cannot be interacted with in the same way as a solid, but you can move gas by blowing or waving your hand.

Spirits don't physically exist in most fiction. Basically All Might's NPI would only work on things that have elemental intangibility similar to Number 6's plasma body.

So being able to punch plasma auto gives you the ability to punch water, smoke, light and electricity? Weird, but hey who am i to judge, hope yall can find more matches for All might and Deku(mostly Deku) where they can make use of this ability

So being able to punch plasma auto gives you the ability to punch water, smoke, light and electricity? Weird, but hey who am i to judge, hope yall can find more matches for All might and Deku(mostly Deku) where they can make use of this ability
No he cannot punch light. Light is nothing like gas/liquid/plasma, light is made of photons.

To be honest I'm uncertain to say he can physically interact with things beyond plasma. But that one is just a personal opinion of mine, don't know wiki standards.

If Deku put his hand over someone’s mouth and shot Smokescreen, could he just straight suffocate them.
It'd have to be a constant blast of smokescreen, since they'd be able to exhale from their nose. But eventually they'll run out of air and won't be able to exhale anymore.

...How did this conversation suddenly become so morbid?

It'd have to be a constant blast of smokescreen, since they'd be able to exhale from their nose. But eventually they'll run out of air and won't be able to exhale anymore.

...How did this conversation suddenly become so morbid?
I was reading an old spider man comic where he beat up and threatened to suffocate Kingpin and wondered “damn Deku could do that with Blackwhip. Wait, could he do that with smokescreen?” And then was here

Sometimes i wish Deku would take a page from Bakugou's AP shot and Endeavor's Flashfire and concentrate all the smoke he releases throughout his body into single spots to use as projectile or propulsion

Sometimes i wish Deku would take a page from Bakugou's AP shot and Endeavor's Flashfire and concentrate all the smoke he releases throughout his body into single spots to use as projectile or propulsion
Delsin Rowe style. Honestly, I do wonder if Gear Shift or Fa Jin + Smokescreen will enable it to actually be an attack.
Still waiting for him to actually use it like a whip and slap the shit out of Shigaraki, bet that'll put some Kotaro PTSD into him
God damn lmao.

True though, he’s never actually smacked someone with it like a whip, even though we know it can do that. That would be neat to see him actively do, gives him a better ranged attack.

Punching it and him dispersing around your fist would not qualify for NPI, yes.

All Might punched the clones and literally pushed them into the air while their forms remained in tact, as if they were normal physical beings being punched upwards.
ah makes sense, I was thinking NP only accounts for non corporeal entities, I had to reread the page to get a proper understanding.

Is there a way to calc the earthquake that Shoto created with his Heaven Piercing Ice Wall? Could scale to the kinetic energy of the attack

Is there a way to calc the earthquake that Shoto created with his Heaven Piercing Ice Wall? Could scale to the kinetic energy of the attack
It created an Earthquake? Scan? And in most cases his ice doesn’t exactly travel from the bottom so we can’t find the KE of such, it’s freezing his surroundings 90% of the time.

That's anime only. He didn't cause that earthquake like vibration in the manga. I don't feel like going over a non canon feat.

Back