• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Fj4_cBtX0AIMWLn.jpg

Will need to wait for evaluation.

But I always wanted to calculate this scene using force instead of just the weight of the steel beam. Izuku didn't just pick it up off the ground, he stopped it mid fall. Which Gentle propelled with his constant bouncing. I meant to do it when this episode of Season 4 first came out... but I forgot.

Lifting Strength isn't really an important value for me. Also hate Class K, prefer Class M or Class 100.

If it’s worth mentioning, Deku held up several steel beams in the two heroes movie
I know but Wolfram is doing his metal manipulation thing, the angel we get makes it very annoying to try and measure them.

Since it's like they're coming from the camera. And Izuku isn't in the shot. I've been trying, it's just very annoying.

I can make an attempt later on using the pattern on the floor.

I know but Wolfram is doing his metal manipulation thing, the angel we get makes it very annoying to try and measure them.

Since it's like they're coming from the camera. And Izuku isn't in the shot. I've been trying, it's just very annoying.

I can make an attempt later on using the pattern on the floor. Not today though.
I believe I found a valid way to measure them a while ago, I’ll attempt to recalc it and see where I get.

Question, can we scale Todoroki’s ice off of blocking the steel beams or freezing them in place? When they slammed All Might into the ground they created a big shockwave. Could be calc worthy.

I believe I found a valid way to measure them a while ago, I’ll attempt to recalc it and see where I get.

Question, can we scale Todoroki’s ice off of blocking the steel beams or freezing them in place? When they slammed All Might into the ground they created a big shockwave. Could be calc worthy.
Todoroki freezing something in place isn't anything for AP. His ice was also destroyed by the steel beams when they got hit.

So it'd be wrong to say his giant ice wall is that durable. And his ice durability would vary depending on the size, it also wouldn't scale to any AP.

Todoroki freezing something in place isn't anything for AP. His ice was also destroyed by the steel beams when they got hit.
Oh I assumed his ice AP could be found by this, maybe not.
His ice did stop several steel beams tho, they collided into each other and he halted their movements.
Maybe not tho

There was only two scenes of Todoroki's ice interacting with Wolfram. The first one was when he just freezes the beams with a wave of cold, which isn't AP.

Another one was him blocking a bunch of them with a giant ice wall, which also destroyed his wall. He didn't do anything else afterward.

Also checking Izuku's LS feat in the movie. I'm getting Class M results.

You disagree with these measurements?
Eh... I'm on the fence about it, because the overall proportions of the beam are very inconsistent throughout the chapter. We don't get many clear shots of just how long it is, along with its width. It's why it's kind of hard to calc.

I mean, of course, if I had the time to properly his calc's measurements and go over it, maybe I could form a more solid opinion, but for now, I'll just focus on my own calc.

Please know that there is not a single thing in manga history that is 100% consistent between panels. Everything you look at will be inconsistent. These are drawings. Also the panel being used to measure the steel beam's length though looks accurate to me, as Izuku is quite literally being held up in the air by it.

Seems like a clear showing of the size of the beam.

I guess the size of the other parts of it could be different, but I personally say that length is solid.

I think it would possibly apply to Reaction Speed
It scales to every top tier, unless we get a statement that these bullets are faster than anything she’s ever fired.

45% Deku can kick her bullets out of the air and react to them and block them, and 100% Deku can straight up blitz them.

Please know that there is not a single thing in manga history that is 100% consistent between panels. Everything you look at will be inconsistent. These are drawings. Also the panel being used to measure the steel beam's length though looks accurate to me, as Izuku is quite literally being held up in the air by it.
True but it'd be better to limit the pixel scaling to fewer panels, for maximum consistency. The way that he calculated the volume is also a bit weird, as It's better to separate the beam into 3 different parts since it's just three smaller metal beams stuck together. Treating the I-beam itself as some sort of rectangle is bound to yield inflated results.

I mean, he could just treat the I-beam as one big rectangle and calculate it as such, but he'd also have to account for how imperfect it is as a parallelogram.

Plus ultra Tomura failed to one shot Mirko who’s durability is shitty. But is durable enough to tank high end level attacks with no damage at all? 👨🏾‍🦼

Plus ultra Tomura failed to one shot Mirko who’s durability is shitty. But is durable enough to tank high end level attacks with no damage at all? 👨🏾‍🦼
We didn't know how less durable Mirko was, just that she was less durable than her legs. This shows she wasn't as weak as we thought.

Also Durability doesn't equal AP... Yes I said that and I'm not afraid to say it. Judge me for it.

True but it'd be better to limit the pixel scaling to fewer panels, for maximum consistency. The way that he calculated the volume is also a bit weird, as It's better to separate the beam into 3 different parts since it's just three smaller metal beams stuck together. Treating the I-beam itself as some sort of rectangle is bound to yield inflated results.
That's what he did. He measured it in three different parts.

It scales to every top tier, unless we get a statement that these bullets are faster than anything she’s ever fired.

45% Deku can kick her bullets out of the air and react to them and block them, and 100% Deku can straight up blitz them.
I think it would be strange if ShigaAfo/Tenko and Deku could attack at that speed. How could he not kill everyone he was holding before Deku arrived? Or because he couldn't kill Mirko when he was practically in front of him?

Sorry if I don't understand something, but that's the way I interpret it.

Sorry if I don't understand something, but that's the way I interpret it.
Because they scale to it as well.

That's what he means. Shigaraki scales a good deal above it, they scale a bit below it. He also kind of blitz/outpace them once he got serious and stopped using the growth. Mirko was in the air so she couldn't dodge and Takami could react long enough to notice him and call out to Mirio.

But that was all he could do. Even Nejire from a distance couldn't avoid his attack. The bullets are slower than Shigaraki though. Since he scales to Prime All Might.

Unless Nagant states those bullets were the fastest she's ever fired or something. Or it's revealed she was a lot closer than we think.

We didn't know how less durable Mirko was, just that she was less durable than her legs. This shows she wasn't as weak as we thought.
I’m aware, but considering her legs can absorb “most” (a large majority of) the impact and tank it with no visible damage and the remaining energy created wounds all over her body. While unquantifiable she’s still super weak.
Also Durability doesn't equal AP... Yes I said that and I'm not afraid to say it. Judge me for it.
I’m aware, I just find it shocking that his durability has increased to that degree and his AP has barely changed at all.

I’m aware, but considering her legs can absorb “most” (a large majority of) the impact and tank it with no visible damage and the remaining energy created wounds all over her body. While unquantifiable she’s still super weak.
We don't know if it absorbed a majority of it. It's unknown, we can't really calculate that kind of thing. We just know that she lessened the impact, half maybe? The science behind this is complicated and would have multiple different factors at work here.

Also while her AP scaling is indeed true, she's way too damn strong for no reason. Horikoshi just really likes her. Like how is she making complete Shiggy bleed?

Last edited:
Also @Kingofwolves999 you need to go argue Deku vs Lee part 2
anyways, Yeah Class K is wild for 8%, and we’ll give 5% a downscale Class 100/K base Deku, because he says that 5% isn’t that big a physical boost? We apply the 3x lower thing to LS as well?
Anyways, y’all wanna see me wank the wolfram cube calc to High 6-C? (It’s not meant to be serious, it’s just to show how dangerous wanking can be)

Quick calc.

Mach 2653 (Massively Hypersonic+) with human speed.

Mach 18200 (Sub-Relativistic) with Subsonic speed.
Give us the KE Rusty

GIVE US THE KE
Also now that I’m reading back through, Nagant’s bullet speed is going from Her position to Shigaraki in mere moments, Even 5 seconds is >Mach 100
@Therefir ey yo does that mean we can use Mach 100 for the Faux 100%?

Give us the KE Rusty

GIVE US THE KE
Also now that I’m reading back through, Nagant’s bullet speed is going from Her position to Shigaraki in mere moments, Even 5 seconds is >Mach 100
@Therefir ey yo does that mean we can use Mach 100 for the Faux 100%?
Nah, cause the distance is calculated. So it would be calc stacking, as her bullet speed would come from a calced distance, giving a calced speed.

Back