• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

What would the results be if we used supersonic reactions?
Timeframe = 1.15/377.3 = 0.00304797244

Speed = 209300/0.00304797244 = 68668599.9 m/s, Mach 200199.999, or 22% the speed of light. (Relativistic)

Also using the bullet speed we're scaling him to in the Gear Shift calc. 1422 m/s

Timeframe = 1.15/1422 = 0.000808720113

Speed = 209300/0.000808720113 = 258804000 m/s, Mach 754530.61, or 86% the speed of light. (Relativistic+)

I know it's obvious. But Shiggy cannot be moving as fast as normal, as he scales above Nagant's bullets. So they cannot be blitzing him here.

To be honest... this looks like an outlier as hell
We already have two Sub-Relativistic calcs (Both Nagant), and we may end up getting a third in the future. With Star and Stripe catching a laser.

Just need one good statement on those jet lasers. And who knows whatever feats of speed will pop up in future chapters.

People love to call outliers when they see big numbers.
Yes. That's what... outliers... mean?

Really small numbers can be outliers too. Heck, that's literally how this wiki operates when scaling MHA. We ignore all the calcs that yields low results because it's not consistent with the high results we get. And this wiki has a natural preference for using the high results over the low results if both are consistent.

Let's stop talking about outliers as if it's an unacceptable, alien concept.

Also to note, Lady Nagant was in a different building than Central Hospital.
She was at a building near a coast.

Not that it matters if she was still in the same city as the Hospital, since we can't get the exact distance from that anyways.

Also to note, Lady Nagant was in a different building than Central Hospital.
She was at a building near a coast.

Not that it matters if she was still in the same city as the Hospital, since we can't get the exact distance from that anyways.
Any reasoning you're acting like your the first person to mention it? I want credit, I said it first dammit!

Okay, in all seriousness.

The hospital is near the coast as well. Nagant can't travel over 200 km in such a short time and with those injures. She was in Central Hospital when Kurogiri already left, and those two shots made her body burst with blood. At best Rock Lock carried her to a higher building where she could get a good shot of the U.A. Fortress.

However watch all of this go down the drain when it's revealed that Monoma teleported her somehow.

Until we get more information, we can't say Nagant was able to leave the city where Central Hospital is. Occam's Razor says she couldn't have gotten far in her state, not unless we get confirmation that she received some kind of speedy/warping assistance.

Also we aren't changing the profiles for some time, so let's not get too out of hand everyone.

I'm mostly fooling around but I don't really believe Nagant actually fired from 200 km away as of yet. Maybe Horikoshi will prove me wrong, and I'm happy to be wrong. But I feel like there is a high chance that it'll be revealed she was a lot closer than what we're thinking. So don't be shocked if that does or doesn't happen.

I do think it would be pretty weird for Horikoshia to mention her range as being 3 km in her debut arc, only to throw it out the window and make her a cross-country sniper next time she appears.

It's weird, but Gentle wasn't strong enough to carry UA Island either. Horikoshi might've just stopped caring about consistency and just accepted the rule of cool for this instance.

I'm still a fair bit skeptical in all of this though. I guess it really is the best decision to just wait for the arc to end before the next revisions.

I do think it would be pretty weird for Horikoshia to mention her range as being 3 km in her debut arc, only to throw it out the window and make her a cross-country sniper next time she appears.
While her max range was never stated to be 3 km, just that she can do what Snipe does from 3 km away. Occam's Razor implies that is her max range.

Feats>Statements in the end of the day though.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi has Nagant or someone mention that her bullets were better/faster than anything she's ever done. Which means Plus Ultra.

@Metalballrun

They stated that La Brava's love for Gentle grew stronger during their time apart. The deeper her love is, the stronger the person she loves become.

Once again, Occam's Razor heavily implies her Lover Mode boost is now stronger than it was back during the festival.

Gentle's in Lover Mode, and I seriously doubt that he is actually physically lifting a significant percentage of U.A. weight as opposed to just maintaining the elastic barrier by being there.
Gentle is physically pushing up against it. If he was just keeping the elastic air in place, since his Quirk stops working over time, he wouldn't be visibly struggling with veins about to pop from his arm. Which implies he isn't just lightly touching the barrier, he's actively pushing up for some reason.

I admit that how much of the weight Gentle is holding up is unknown, that'd just be a personal opinion.

But assuming he's only maintaining the trampoline of air sounds silly to me.

Yeah that's part of the reason why I checked back here and caught up because the profiles have not a lick of final act shit on it but the very start stuff which left me verily confused

He’s made out of plasma, and Knuckleduster stated something along the lines of “something you cant punch”
He said it was "something you can't damage the usual way."

Which I interpret to mean that the energy will just reform into its previous shape, which is what happens when Crawley starts blasting holes into Number 6. I don't think it means that Number 6 is immune to physical force.

Per the wiki's definition of intangibility, seems like whether or not it can be bypassed by physical force is dependent on which type, as well as further context. So nothing wrong there, I believe.

It's only really outside the wiki where certain intangible characters coughs LOGIAS coughs that gets wanked to oblivion when their intangibility is likened to physical invulnerability.

This is a little random but why is number 6 considered non physical or intangible.
Number 6 Lightning and Destruction Style turns almost his entire body into plasma. Not including some of his skeleton and brain. By itself plasma cannot be physically touched anymore than gas or air can be touched. Knuckleduster even acknowledges that Number 6 can't be damaged by attacking the plasma.

And when Koichi hits him, we see his attacks don't actually land on his body and instead disperse his body .

The only reason Koichi is fine with throw these attacks at Number 6 is because he knows it won't kill him.

"Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks."

Kirishima - he has a very Thor bro-like personality, it's just that he is a bit younger/less vulgar. But he has the manliness and self sacrifice aspects down.

So apparently Gear Shift has 5 gears in total. So that means it should be Low Gear, Second Gear, Third Gear, Top Gear, and Overdrive? I'm going to assume Overdrive as a gear can only be achieved when Deku has max Fa Jin built up. Also, when Deku is using Top Gear, the sound is left behind.

Also, when Deku is using Top Gear, the sound is left behind.
AALIYAH_WROTE_JAY_AN_APOLOGY_LETTER%F0%9F%93%83__MARK_WANT_DESIREE_AND_HANNAH!%F0%9F%98%B1_4-32_screenshot_(1).jpg

The sound thing was more of a reiteration. But the gears thing should be new it was never explained before how many gears Deku was using.

Or I could just need sleep

Back