• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Wait does anyone know how high UA is in the air? I’m trying to find the results using PE, and assuming it’s 200 m in the air, I’m getting 157 Kilotons or High 7-C.
Using the shot Of Tamaki’s attack and Therefir’s calc for it’s width, it’s around 1021 meters

I don’t have a pixel measurement application on my ipad, so I’d get someone better To give you an exact measurement

Using the shot Of Tamaki’s attack and Therefir’s calc for it’s width, it’s around 1021 meters

I don’t have a pixel measurement application on my ipad, so I’d get someone better To give you an exact measurement
Using 1021 m, it would be 805.67 Kilotons, or High 7-C+. I’ll try to calc the actual height tho

Did some 2 minute calcs and I have him stopping the fall of UA at Low 7-C+ (3.86 Kilotons) and high end Class G. Kinda out of left field considering Gentle is supposed to be a street tier villain but whatever
Eh street tier kinda means nothing. Skitter is a street tier but can body anyone not immune to bugs in a multi city block radius.

I can see Nagant's feat being any number of things:
1. Shigaraki in his current molting form maybe less durable considering he just burst out of his previous body. It seems his former arms and head withered into a skin coat but it is still notable that the current head and arms he has now are completely new tissue (even his brain is a completely new one which is kinda wacky when you think about it.

2. Deku only blocked Nagant's regular barrel while I'm not sure if that's what she'd using here. It might be her stronger barrel that she used when shooting Overhaul. Also she might be able to alter the lethality of the bullets based on how she moulds her hair.

But mostly I put this on Shigaraki's neck since his durability seems to lower when his body is seriously injured

How do we scale 10%s speed?
We know its far faster than 8%, but he also threw hands with Flectturn using it, where he could still dodge attacks and stuff even if he was slower
more than anything this is asking if 20% gets upgraded to lets say Mach 37, would 10% (and 15% by proxy) keep upscaling to an unknown amount higher than 8% or would it downscale from 20%.

Because I am dumb and cant figure this out myself

Got a few questions.

I know vigilantes are looked down upon in Japanese society in MHA, but was it ever stated how America felt about them? If I recall I believe they mentioned how Vigilantes are more accepted there but can't remember.

Also, I know that Horikoshi is a big marvel fan so do you guys think America in MHA had its own version of civil war event that happened in Marvel? 🤔

I really want to know more about America in that verse and how similar it is to Marvel lol

Reminder;

It doesn't use kinetic energy, it uses momentum. Two completely different things.

I'm waiting for the anime before I recalc it again.
Second reminder;

We could have gotten away with Massively Hypersonic Nagant bullets but you were too greedy and wanted a Relativistic bullet speed to be accepted, and now I wouldn't be surprised if a thread making a rule against using momentum to get the speed is made, throwing the whole thing to the trash.

Second reminder;

We could have gotten away with Massively Hypersonic Nagant bullets but you were too greedy and wanted a Relativistic bullet speed to be accepted, and now I wouldn't be surprised if a thread making a rule against using momentum to get the speed is made, throwing the whole thing to the trash.
It seems very spiteful to make a thread just to deny an upgrade.

Cus based off of memory it was something like a light bullet moving fast enough to push deku back would require x level of speed right?

But isnt this ignoring certain aspects such as deku’s sheer during the scene?

I honestly believe that the “speed from KE” rule should be evaluated on a case by case basis

Deku compares the power of the shot to artillery fire, despite the bullet being made of an extremely light material

What are you getting pissed off at me for? It's just a calculation.

Clean up your attitude here. This thread doesn't need people acting like assholes simply because they're mad someone made a calc.

Clean up your attitude here. This thread doesn't need people acting like assholes simply because they're mad someone made a calc.
? The only one getting mad here is you, brother.

He just told you exactly what happened.

You wanted relativistic bullet speed and basically got every negative opinion possible directed at your method for doing so, resulting in the method becoming basically 2 steps away from being banned as a whole.

You wanted relativistic bullet speed and basically got every negative opinion possible directed at your method for doing so, resulting in the method becoming basically 2 steps away from being banned as a whole.
So you're blaming me simply because people disagreed with what I've said?

Greedy is not necessarily an insult, you wanted greater results and that's understandable, you are taking that way too seriously.
Literally, everyone here wants greater results for MHA. I just thought it'd be a good idea to post something that I thought was legitimate. Now you're flaming me for it because people just so happened to disagree with it.

******* nonsense.

Now you're flaming me for it because people just so happened to disagree with it.
I'm not flaming you, I just said what happened back then.

I'm not even exactly blaming you for that, since the translation might have some mistakes and the calc wouldn't no longer be usable regardless if we went with the Mach 100 result (in the Japanese version, it doesn't say the bullet is stronger than a howitzer shot, is says "high-angle fire" instead).

didn't the Atomic guy say that 'Howitzer' was never said in the raws?
Yes, and Howitzer shots are a kind of high-angle fire (fire from a cannon that is fired at an elevation greater than that for the maximum range).

The problem is that high-angle fire could refer to any cannon fire, not just shots from a Howitzer, which is a powerful ranged weapon that falls between a cannon and a mortar.

Therefir can you use PE for a falling object? I thought PE could only be done if you held an object up with TK or something within that nature.

Therefir can you use PE for a falling object? I thought PE could only be done if you held an object up with TK or something within that nature.
PE is perfect for falling objects, it's the potential energy an object will have at the moment it crashes into the ground, and it increases the higher is dropped.

Back