• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If we had a Prime AFO vs Prime AM flashback, that would've been great too.
Its purpose, aside from world and character building, was to build mystic and mystery on how powerful Prime AM and Prime AFO was exactly.

But with how the story went, that flashback should've already happened, as we are now on the endgame where even Deku is superior to Prime AM (with Gearshift), and perhaps Prime AFO as well with that ABC scaling.

This is the final arc. Ergo, this is the last chance, for either Shigaraki or AFO, to showcase the full capability of their Quirks, and to explore the AFO quirk in general.
Which is unfortunate, because it should've been explored long ago, and there were a number of chances to do so. We only really get exploration of AFO lore-wise, tied into OFA, Vestiges, and Quirk Singularity. Which is neat, but not nearly enough for me either (especially the singularity, given its current importance).

The best way to showcase AFO Shigaraki was against Star and Stripe, and Shiggy barely used any of his Quirks there. That fight would've also had significant impact had we seen AFO Shigaraki use incredibly overpowered Quirks, only to lose those Quirks when the New Order Vestige rebelled inside AFOShiggy.
Imagine the sheer salt we'd feel from AFO through the screen as he nearly dies and loses a number of his prized collections.

In any case, it is true that we should see the full extent of Shigaraki's power now, and we may even see Deku fight AFO, should AFO successfully escape and reach Shigaraki.
I agree, the SnS fight could have had way more action on ShigAFO’S part to show off his quirks. He kinda just did two cool tricks at the start with Reflect/Scatter, Heavy Payload + Air Cannon, but after getting pinned, he basically was just bullied by the Fist Bump to the Earth, doing nothing but relying on Super Regeneration. And I’d wager there’s probably gonna be another Deku vs Shigaraki fight at the very end of the war, since I believe the fight they’re about to have will surely be interrupted by AFO trying to complete Shigaraki further.
If we had a Prime AFO vs Prime AM flashback, that would've been great too.
Its purpose, aside from world and character building, was to build mystic and mystery on how powerful Prime AM and Prime AFO was exactly.

But with how the story went, that flashback should've already happened, as we are now on the endgame where even Deku is superior to Prime AM (with Gearshift), and perhaps Prime AFO as well with that ABC scaling.
Flashback could still happen, not like Prime AFO is gone yet or anything. He could easily have a reminiscence about it when he faces Deku.

Also Deku is superior to Prime AM with his current Full Cowl, he doesn’t need Gearshift.

Flashback could still happen, not like Prime AFO is gone yet or anything. He could easily have a reminiscence about it when he faces Deku.
How woud you do a flashback at this point in the war? In your opinion.

All Might vs AFO could've been an entire arc, and their fight being several chapters long just like most main event fights in MHA. It also deserves that level of respect.

If we get a flashback of AFO at this point, it will likely be fragmented or very short like most flashbacks has been in this arc, IMO.
Which might be better than nothing, but I would've liked something better.

At most we'll likely get AFOShiggy talking about old quirks he used against AM, maybe.

How woud you do a flashback at this point in the war? In your opinion.

All Might vs AFO could've been an entire arc, and their fight being several chapters long just like most main event fights in MHA. It also deserves that level of respect.

If we get a flashback of AFO at this point, it will likely be fragmented or very short like most flashbacks has been in this arc, IMO.
Which might be better than nothing, but I would've liked something better.

At most we'll likely get AFOShiggy talking about old quirks he used against AM, maybe.
When Shigaraki and Deku are fighting, he pulls up and starts gloating and talking shit. He talks down Deku for not protecting everyone, tells him about how he ****** up all his friends at the Gunga Mountains, and that now that he’s here, he and Shigaraki are going to end this. Deku doesn’t break or give in to rage, and AFO remarks that despite everything, he’s still just like All Might, though different. He then reminisces about the battle, or hell maybe even tells the two about it and how he survived and how all of this is his plan or some BS. **** it, do a Dad For One Reveal right here too, him meeting Deku is gonna be a very open floor thing.

Like, he’s never talked to Deku, ever. Only his vestige has and he recorded something for him. So their first meeting is gonna be something big.

Another way is AFO just meets All Might and we have a flashback of their fight. Cause All Might is ALSO still alive and around. If anyone thinks he’s not going to somehow get to Deku and Shigaraki for a final confrontation with the two, you’re capping. So if the two masters and their successors are around that would easily segue into a flashback.

Basically, as long as AFO gets to Shigaraki and Deku, a flashback would be warranted as a sort of “pause” in the fighting.

I disagree it could be more than, like, 3 chapters as a fight though.

And true, he could remember some old Quirks that were effective on All Might in the past. AFO isn’t actually in control at all anymore, but Shigaraki should still be able to force his way into his memories to know what was used before.

Maybe he even tries the combination that destroyed All Might’s stomach and lung to beat Deku but it doesn’t work cause Deku isn’t, in AFO’s words, “a great useless oaf” on top of Danger Sense. Him attempting to use it could spark a flashback as he tries to end the student same as the master.

Honestly the jet lasers are depicted to function like actual lightspeed lasers, not like the energy beams that Aoyama, Nine, or Flect Turn had.

We just need a statement of their speed

Honestly the jet lasers are depicted to function like actual lightspeed lasers, not like the energy beams that Aoyama, Nine, or Flect Turn had.

We just need a statement of their speed
Don’t worry, Deku and Shigaraki are just gonna launch into space and start fighting in the asteroid belt for MFTL+

Upscaling/downscaling is the biggest nonsense on the entire wiki, and one day I believe it will be removed.
I personally understand the idea and find it acceptable, but if it's gonna be removed on the basis of the upscaling multiplier being arbitrary, that is also understandable.

I wonder how we're supposed to deal with characters that rely on said kind of upscaling/downscaling though.

We’ll get there bro, we’ll get there. Shigaraki’s gonna shoot a lightning bolt at him using Nine’s quirk and he’ll dodge it without Gear Shift, easy.

No, I’m not on Copium.
You do know that a lightning bolt leader (which is what most people actually dodge) only has a mach 300 or MHS speed right? It's the return stroke that's impressive which is 1/3rd the speed of light

You do know that a lightning bolt leader (which is what most people actually dodge) only has a mach 300 or MHS speed right? It's the return stroke that's impressive which is 1/3rd the speed of light
…If you dodge lightning from a short enough distance you will be MHS+. It being Mach 300 is enough to get MHS+ depending on how you dodge it. I’m fully aware of the speed.

…If you dodge lightning from a short enough distance you will be MHS+. It being Mach 300 is enough to get MHS+ depending on how you dodge it. I’m fully aware of the speed.
You can be MHS+ by dodging a bullet, as long as you travel far distance in a short amount of time.

Say a speedster moves out of a bullet's path and puts someone else from far away in front of the bullet at the same time it moved 1 centimeter.

If you dodge a lightning bolt (natural cloud to ground lightning mind you) from 30 feet away by dodging 5 feet to the side, you have only have to move about 1/6th of the speed of the bolt to actually dodge it

The Wiki considers it being Mach 1282.79
And that's why no one takes this wiki seriously outside of this site. Not sure why something you can look up in 10 seconds would be any point of contention

You can be MHS+ by dodging a bullet, as long as you travel far distance in a short amount of time.

Say a speedster moves out of a bullet's path and puts someone else from far away in front of the bullet at the same time it moved 1 centimeter.
I’m aware, but my overall point is that we would get MHS+ from a bolt of lightning far easier than we would anything else. If Shigaraki shoots a bolt of lightning at Deku and he dodges it, it could result in an upgrade to MHS+ which isn’t happening in any other way.

Not to mention it was a god damn joke post but I guess I have to defend my jokes now.

I’m aware, but my overall point is that we would get MHS+ from a bolt of lightning far easier than we would anything else. If Shigaraki shoots a bolt of lightning at Deku and he dodges it, it could result in an upgrade to MHS+ which isn’t happening in any other way.

Not to mention it was a god damn joke post but I guess I have to defend my jokes now.
...I was agreeing with you.

How? If Deku dodged a lightning bolt his calc would only be mach 300/the distance he moved when he dodged
It's called moving a farther distance than the projectile did in that same timeframe.

Say a bullet/lighting bolt moves 1 meter in a certain timeframe, in that same timeframe someone moves 2 meters. They're 2X faster than the projectile.

Not sure why something you can look up in 10 seconds would be any point of contention
Google reports Mach 350.

Screenshot_20230116_105018_Chrome.png

It's called moving a farther distance than the projectile did in that same timeframe.

Say a bullet/lighting bolt moves 1 meter in a certain timeframe, in that same timeframe someone moves 2 meters. They're 2X faster than the projectile.
Yes if they moved a greater distance but that rarely ever happens.

So if he moved 200 meters before the lightning bolt moves 1 meter to hit him, then what
Then he'd be 200x faster because he covered 200x the distance, but this rarely ever happens. Also its impractical, why would Deku in this hypothetical scenario need to move 200x the distance to dodge something when he could dodge it by moving 2x the distance? Sounds like a waste of time and effort

Then he'd be 200x faster because he covered 200x the distance, but this rarely ever happens. Also it’s impractical, why would Deku in this hypothetical scenario need to move 200x the distance to dodge something when he could dodge it by moving 2x the distance? Sounds like a waste of time and effort
Do you want a full scenario my guy? You’re getting pressed over me saying “MHS+ from a lightning bolt” like I killed your dog or something.

So what is the point of your argument? You’re talking as if it’s impossible to get MHS+ from a Mach 300 lightning bolt. On a joke post no less.
Never said it was impossible, just addressing the distance argument, you're technically correct but its scenario that almost never happens

Do you want a full scenario my guy? You’re getting pressed over me saying “MHS+ from a lightning bolt” like I killed your dog or something.
"killed your dog"

lol Christ

Google reports Mach 350.
I'm sure you'll get varying reports but roughly in that range, I've seen them go as low as mach 260

Never said it was impossible, just addressing the distance argument, you're technically correct but its scenario that almost never happens
And your distance argument is wrong because, since the post was already a joke, the entire circumstances surrounding Deku dodging lightning for MHS+ don’t matter. Cause it’s a joke. He could dodge it and go further than it and it won’t matter if it’s unlikely cause the odds of it happening at all is already unlikely, hence why the joke was made in the first place.
"killed your dog"

lol Christ
A hyperbolic statement but somewhat valid given how you seem to fiercely disagree with a joke I made and every follow up post as if you’re trying to debate me on the Wiki’s Lightning standards or something.

I'm sure you'll get varying reports but roughly in that range, I've seen them go as low as mach 260
Lightning moves at varying speeds depending on the environment and the amount of electrical energy stored in it, given it's properties as an electron chain moving downwards.
Either way
I actually asked this awhile back and the reason is that we take what Nasa and other credible sources say over single piece articles. The nature of their study is far more conclusive, factual, and tested
What, did you want in on it?
No not really I'm just
somehow surprised
I still can get a calc an MHS+ result if I try hard enough, if the lasers get confirmed as SoL I have one at Sub-Rel+/Rel iirc (havent checked it in a bit)

Back