• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Simple answer.

Izuku 100% > Prime all Might.

Izuku's OFA being stronger than All Might's OFA isn't surprising considering it stockpiles power.

@Mazdoesstuff

Really? Endeavor dying seems unlikely to me as it stands. It's made pretty clear that Dabi isn't going to straight up kill Endeavor and dying together with Dabi wouldn't give any resolution or save Dabi/Toya. If Dabi does end up being quote on quote saved, it can't be by killing Endeavor like he wants.

I don't see how Endeavor dies here, because sacrificing his life to killing his son kind of defeats the point of MHA's message. Dabi needs to have some kind of resolution before he dies. Unless something really dumb happens Dabi is without a doubt going to die by the end of this.

And I see no way in hell that Dabi is going to get what he want. Maybe Endeavor tries to sacrifice himself in the end and Dabi/Toya stops him and he dies alone.

Also Shoto's role is not done, I highly doubt his story ended there. He's going to enter the fight again and do something.
I mean whatever percent he’s at RIGHT NOW is above Prime All Might, so if he’s 100% that still works, it’d just be a smaller gap.

My stance is just that it’s more likely he’s 100% than he’s not. Or he’s so ridiculously close to it that it’s not even funny.

The Second’s statement is contradicted by his other Statement of Izuku being 120% with Overdrive, yet taking no damage at all to his equipment. Unless that was just an example of how that technique increases his strength, which is weird either way to use rather than the actual percentage he’s at.

Really? Endeavor dying seems unlikely to me as it stands. It's made pretty clear that Dabi isn't going to straight up kill Endeavor and dying together with Dabi wouldn't give any resolution or save Dabi/Toya. If Dabi does end up being quote on quote saved, it can't be by killing Endeavor like he wants.
Idk, the last panel gives me a vibe that Endeavor is not coming out of this alive. Plus the fact that Dabi already left Shoto behind to come to Endeavor makes me think that Endeavor will likely die

Especially when you consider Endeavor’s state as is. Dude has a punctured lung, missing arm, and a hole in his side. If he survives this whole encounter I’ll be shocked

Idk, the last panel gives me a vibe that Endeavor is not coming out of this alive. Plus the fact that Dabi already left Shoto behind to come to Endeavor makes me think that Endeavor will likely die

Especially when you consider Endeavor’s state as is. Dude has a punctured lung, missing arm, and a hole in his side. If he survives this whole encounter I’ll be shocked
Endeavor about to be the only god damn fire user to survive the war at this point.

I wouldn't be, anime characters in similar setting have survived similar or even worse injuries. Gran Torino survived getting punching through his torso, clearly this level of damage he's taken isn't enough to take him down. He's actually moving better than he was after he got impaled by Rivet Stab by Crispy Shiggy.

Also Endeavor doesn't have a punctured lung, it was mentioned that AFO's attack missed his lung because Endeavor barely avoided it.

I don't remember Prime AFO landing a hit on Endeavor that punctured his lung.

I'd be shocked if Horikoshi does kill Endeavor. Death is always a cheap way out I dislike, even when it makes sense in the case of someone. I still personally prefer to find someway to make it so everyone lives. The same is true for AFO and even Dabi for me, though I wouldn't mind as much as I would with Endeavor or Twice dying.

A dead character ends a story, while an alive character gives us a future of possibilities. Just a personal problem but I've made it clear that I dislike death in general.

This is probably why fake out deaths usually don't bother me. It takes a very bad fake out death to get me annoyed. I'm also not tired of any MHA character as of yet.

HOLY ****

They really made this episode the best one, and it wasn't just because of the animation.

I won't spoil anything, but the song which plays at the end is just... perfect for the end of this arc.

Dammit, I'm a huge sucker for that damn ending scene and song. That was amazing no doubt the best way they could've ended this arc. Fantastic episode.

IDK why but even the next episode preview was kind of hype.

They animated some new moments and they did actually animated the part they skipped over in the MVA arc in Season 5 with the CRC and Spinner. The only "low" part here is that Spinner is shown in the flashback to heavily question Shigaraki and Compress later says Spinner is Shigaraki's most loyal/devoted follower.

That scene comes off weird because of the flipped script, but I won't hold it against anyone due to a choice in the previous season.

Another highlight I think is AFO waking up and taking control of Shiggy's body. We see way more of the interaction between All For Shiggy and Spinner, also had some of the heroes confront him to try and stop him. Izuku using Blackwhip to push himself of the ground was really cool as well.

Season 6 of MHA: *Adapts missing scenes from My Villain Academia

Me:

bnEmCmW.jpg

If the Star and Stripe laser feat gets animated and she reacts to the laser, the Shigaraki blitz calc will become pointless because Gear Shift Deku will just straight up become FTL

Last edited:
If the Star and Stripe laser feat gets animated and she reacts to the laser, the Shigaraki blitz will become pointless because Gear Shift Deku will just straight up become FTL
Actually, part of me hopes Hprikoshi decides to go wild and give big speed multipliers for gear shift. Like Gear 1 is 100x faster than 100% OFA and enext gear has the same multipliers to the last.

So, 100% OFA = Mach 100.
Gear 1 = Mach 10,000 (0.011350852595498c)
Gear 2 = Mach 1,000,000 (1.13c)
Gear 3 = Mach 100,000,000 (113.50c)
Top Gear = Mach 10,000,000,000 (11350.85c)

If Black Clover can have big multipliers then I'm hoping MHA can have it too. though realistically if by chance we will get multipliers, it will be like 2x lmfao

there's also a very big possibility I don't remember how gear shift works so ignore this lmfao

We're talking about a verse in which characters struggle to travel a few hundred kilometers and outspeeding sound is considered impressive.

I know people like big numbers, but let's not lie to ourselves and wank the characters way beyond the author's intentions, what would be the point of that?

We're talking about a verse in which characters struggle to travel a few hundred kilometers and outspeeding sound is considered impressive.

I know people like big numbers, but let's not lie to ourselves and wank the characters way beyond the author's intentions, what would be the point of that?
True, true. Maybe we should seriously consider downgrading 45% to Supersonic+ since he can catch and dodges nagants bullets with 100% upscaling from that to an "Unknown" degree (discarding the Calc, basically)

Would be consistent with Hawks being called the supersonic hero and Edgeshots transformation being faster than sound.

Maybe we should seriously consider downgrading 45% to Supersonic+
Yes, based.

Now seriously, if Hori made a statement in the manga about Deku's speed, we would have to abide by it regardless of how low it is.

We are lucky that Hori doesn't say exact numbers very often, as he thinks 100 km/h is an impressive speed.

Yes, based.

Now seriously, if Hori made a statement in the manga about Deku's speed, we would have to abide by it regardless of how low it is.

We are lucky that Hori doesn't say exact numbers very often, as he thinks 100 km/h is an impressive speed.
Ngl I suddenly have the urge to read the series again and make a downgrade thread which would be consistent with MHA speed narrative and whats actually impressive. all might traveling 5km in 30 seconds goes brrr

Yeah I'm not buying "author intentions" crap for a second.....sound is generally impressive in most series and (with a few exceptions) characters by default have to get wanked to get to absurd levels. One Piece is a series where characters commonly get hand jobbed to being light speed even though its a world where people are still using Civil War esque musket and flintlock pistols and the main characters ride around on a fking sailboat because they can't somehow zip from island to island or across the planet in a few minutes.....so clearly Oda never intended for them to be much faster than sound yet lo and behold

Kishimoto clearly never intended for mid tier characters to be massively hypersonic + because in his world characters are still throwing kunai's and using paper bombs as weaponry when by that logic anyone should simply be able to outrun an explosion....lightning and fire style jutsus should absolutely never be a threat despite the fact that literally the top tier characters in the series use fire/flame jutsus

Hypothetically if MHA gets undisputed light speed any other absurd feat, if we're going to dismiss them because of arbitrary "authors intent" then you may as well dismiss the entire concept of power scaling.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call One Piece a good example of power scaling, especially here in VsBattles, and I don't care if other verses get wanked to oblivion.

Ignoring the author's intention wouldn't only be disingenuous, but incredibly stupid on our part, we are an index site first, our fan calculations have no weight against the author's own work.

I wouldn't call One Piece a good example of power scaling, especially here in VsBattles, and I don't care if other verses get wanked to oblivion.

Ignoring the author's intention wouldn't only be disingenuous, but incredibly stupid on our part, we are an index site first, our fan calculations have no weight against the author's own work.
Then you may as well not have power scaling at all because everything will always default to "well its not the authors intention"

Then you may as well not have power scaling at all because everything will always default to "well its not the authors intention"
I'm referring to direct statements rather than power scaling, Deku struggling to cross a few hundred miles is one thing, we can cope with that anti-feat, but the manga stating an exact number would be a completely different matter.

In the hypothetical example I gave, if the author says "Deku's Overdrive is Mach 100", it would be okay to ignore it and make FTL because... we know better than the author? Is that what you mean?

So, in the hypothetical example I gave, if the author says "Deku's Overdrive is Mach 100", it would be okay to ignore it and make FTL because... we know better than the author? Is that what you mean?
If its undisputed and it flat out states its mach 100 (or any definite speed) then it is what it is.

I'm not arguing that the author is wrong if he states something, his word is absolute law. But there's a difference between the author flat out stating something vs "author intention" which can be interpreted differently

So, in the hypothetical example I gave, if the author says "Deku's Overdrive is Mach 100", it would be okay to ignore it and make FTL because... we know better than the author? Is that what you mean?
I think he's trying to say that if a character A performs 'x' feat that's very obviously...let's say 6-B, but it gets rejected thanks to the author saying "Oh, my intention was to make it 7-B."

If that was the author's intention, then it's not really our fault if the feat gets calculated and it yields a far higher result than the author intended it to be.

I could be wrong, though.

I think he's trying to say that if a character A performs 'x' feat that's very obviously...let's say 6-B, but it gets rejected thanks to the author saying "Oh, my intention was to make it 7-B."

If that was the author's intention, then it's not really our fault if the feat gets calculated and it yields a far higher result than the author intended it to be.

I could be wrong, though.
Pretty much

If the author makes a statement that's undisputed ei Gearshift is mach 100 then that's that....cannot be argued, disputed because the author ei Word of God

We can't prove what authors intention is, we can only go with the facts. If Deku does become FTL based off powerscaling/calcs I can just as easily say

"Well that's the authors intention, he clearly decided he wanted Deku to be FTL" It's always conjecture

Ngl I doubt Oda thinks that most of his cast can travel at relativistic speeds

Ngl I doubt Oda thinks that most of his cast can travel at relativistic speeds
Its hilarious too because All Might even in his weakened state can zip across Japan in what appears to be a few minutes vs having to travel by sailboat which may travel 15-20 miles an hour..... if you took things at face value and disregarded power scaling, All Might would run circles around most of the OP cast.

I've said that "author intention" can be interpreted differently but from where I'm standing the speed Hori intended for All Might seems a lot higher than the speed Oda intended for the Straw Hats.

But then again, I've also said I don't believe "author intention" carries much weight here

Back