• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Just to be sure, are you trying to say All Might crossed the 250 mile distance in the time it took Miruko to get back to the fight club? If yes, that isn't what happened.
Just checked it. Mirko waited for All Might to arrive before rushing back in. So the calc would depend on how long Knuckleduster and Rappa fought Hood after the detective made the call to Nighteye which is even harder to estimate

I mean if we lowball it by slapping a really high timeframe (say, 1 minute) it will probably end up within the same range as his feat in the Sky Egg Incident arc so a minute might work as an absolute lowball.

If only a direct time-frame was stated given that it's Prime All Might. Would have been nice to show off how impressive he is with solid numbers.

If only a direct time-frame was stated given that it's Prime All Might. Would have been nice to show off how impressive he is with solid numbers.
I doubt we'll ever get any concrete numbers from Vigilantes.

See this is why we need that sweet, sweet Vigilantes anime adaptation.

I doubt we'll ever get any concrete numbers from Vigilantes.

See this is why we need that sweet, sweet Vigilantes anime adaptation.
To be honest we don't even have many from the main series itself, which is pretty annoying. Especially considering that we started off with the students doing a 50 meters race and they've never done any type of timed race since...
Do you mind showcasing the feat?
0196-004.png
0196-005.png

Denki is basically fine a few pages after this:
0196-008.png
0196-009.png

To be honest we don't even have many from the main series itself, which is pretty annoying. Especially considering that we started off with the students doing a 50 meters race and they've never done any type of timed race since...

0196-004.png
0196-005.png

Denki is basically fine a few pages after this:
0196-008.png
0196-009.png
I wouldn't say Denki is fine, I mean, it did hurt, but yeah, this could probably be calculated at Wall level.

It's probably going to be 9-B. Remember that Tetsutetsu was harmed by bullets during the summer camp. They're really not that strong.

Tetsutetsu was only harmed because his Quirk was weakening. Mustard even stated his skin seem to get softer.

Tetsutetsu scales to Kirishima, who scales to Bakugo, who scales to 5% Izuku, who is High 8-C.

Edit: A majority of characters will still be downgraded, but those who have clear scaling are unaffected by the most part.

Last edited:
Bakugo couldn't hurt Kirishima without waiting for his Hardening to weaken, I highly doubt Bakugo stall that entire time for no reason.

Edit: Kirishima was implied to be able to injure him, considering Bakugo dodged all of his punches and was grazed by one and bled.

Last edited:
Bakugo couldn't hurt Kirishima without waiting for his Hardening to weaken, I highly doubt Bakugo stall that entire time for no reason.

Edit: Kirishima was implied to be able to injure him, considering Bakugo dodged all of his punches and was grazed by one and bled.
The only reason Bakugo bled from Kirishima's blow was mostly due to how sharp his fists were. I believe Kirishima was getting worn down by Bakugo's smaller blasts, although it was over time. That would probably earn a 9-A rating if the explosions are big enough.

I highly doubt Bakugo could tank Kirishima's attacks, we don't need to see him get punched in the face to scale Kirishima to him. Also a 9-A cannot scratch a High 8-C character, even saying Kirishima is 9-A+ 0.24 Tons, Bakugo is almost 20x stronger than him in this case. Sharpness only ignores durability to an extent.

Edit: Bakugo actually has a bruise on his face, so Kirishima probably hit him off screen.

Bakugo being able to one hit KO Kirishima makes no sense, why did he wait for his hardening to weaken? He points out that his attacks are working because of their drawn out fight, he's been keeping his body harden this entire time but he's wearing down his Quirk by doing so.

Eventually his dura went down enough that he could barrage him into unconsciousness. If that wasn't true he could literally pick up and throw Kirishima out of the ring with zero effort.

Edit: Probably best to save this for the student downgrade thread in the future.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Denki is fine, I mean, it did hurt, but yeah, this could probably be calculated at Wall level.
I'm not sure if there are shots of the wall itself that Denki went through, though. He also went through those large, steel pipes.
What should be noted is that Denki was injured by Shishida's strike, not because he went through those walls and pipes. And while he was hurt, it looks like he can still use the same arm enough to wield a steel pipe. I'm not sure if it was him, or Tsuyu, or both who shattered the Air Wall though.
In any case, the anime might show that scene better, but Denki would upscale to whatever the result of that feat is.

Alright, now the league is just doubling down on the fact that they've won this arc. We've already seen Re-destro and likely others break out. Most of this entire raid by the heros only cost the league some fodder numbers and a few somewhat high end villains at the cost of the heros losing public trust, putting many of your students in grave danger, having several pro heros killed and in addition thousands of civilians along with them.

Alright, now the league is just doubling down on the fact that they've won this arc. We've already seen Re-destro and likely others break out. Most of this entire raid by the heros only cost the league some fodder numbers and a few somewhat high end villains at the cost of the heros losing public trust, putting many of your students in grave danger, having several pro heros killed and in addition thousands of civilians along with them.
Allowing the students to participate in this was in itself a bad idea. You can probably blame the Hero Public Safety Commission for all of this.

Allowing the students to participate in this was in itself a bad idea. You can probably blame the Hero Public Safety Commission for all of this.
Well considering the students themselves are significantly more competent than most of the "pro" heros and essentially prevented society from being fully obliterated right then and there, that's a larger failure that gets traced back to the system as a whole.

Well considering the students themselves are significantly more competent than most of the "pro" heros and essentially prevented society from being fully obliterated right then and there, that's a larger failure that gets traced back to the system as a whole.
Although, this wouldn't excuse their actions legally. Their essentially using children to fight. This is probably why All Might didn't want them to take Internships.

I'd blame it at Horikoshi for not really portraying the pro heroes to be as competent as they actually should be in-universe. Ultimately, one of the reasons why the students became so good and did a lot in the war (aside from their obvious potential and the fact that the story requires that the students be able to make an impact) is that they are trained by pros, multiple times and extensively so as they're deployed at the field with their rushed internships that were supposed to happen in their 2nd year.

IMO in-universe it is very much true that the average (or at least the above average) pro-heroes are competent, likely moreso than students, if not just due to their experience. Only that we're inclined to think that the students are better because (aside from plot reasons) we rarely see pros in action, most of their feats being just mentioned offscreen. The majority of the PLF are subjugated (out of a hundred thousand, only a few hundred? has escaped and that was due to Machia), and they were capable of kill Near High Ends (although with high casualty, but neither would the students be able to do so without mobbing the High Ends either).

@Metalballrun @Therefir @TheRustyOne @Insert_creative_name_here_12 @Jackof_noTrades068 After doing a few hours of research, I've come to a conclusion. Apparently, you can judge the speed of an object if you compare the distance it's traveled in comparison to how wide the shockwave diameter is. For example, if X is moving at baseline supersonic speeds, the distance it travels should be equal to or slightly ahead of the diameter of its shockwave. This logically makes sense because if the shockwave is moving at Mach 1, it'll obviously cover similar distances in comparison to X that's moving at baseline supersonic speeds.

Let's look at Midoriya's Delaware Smash for this one. Notice how the ball (which would be the variable X) is so far ahead of the shockwaves it creates, it's nearly invisible. Even in the anime, it travels tens of meters before the shockwaves even reach half a meter.
main-qimg-ecfa686ee07cbd642fda7bdfae128d74

This would suggest he threw the ball at speeds surpassing Mach 1 several or even ten times over. Aka, Mach 10-20. He did this with just the tip of his finger. Now, I'm definitely not a rocket scientist, but it's likely a full handed throw would likely reach even speeds exceeding 15,000 meters per second, or close to Mach 50. Remember, this is the very tippy-top of his finger, it's not even him using his entire limb.

Now, I probably could be wrong about this, but what's clear is the fact that he at least threw the ball at Mach 5 for it to travel that distance before the shockwaves even reach a meter and a half. This is some extremely deadass hypersonic material here which I doubt would even be lower than Mach 3.

And looking at his other smashes, presumably the ones at even 5%, you notice how he's capable of bending air pressure in such a way that it takes a spherical position around his arm.
DyeJya5.png

Usually, if you punch the air the pressure you generate would travel in front of you, not backward. But, this can be ignored if an object is traveling at Mach speeds or speeds close to Mach 1, which is likely the case that is happening in this panel. To summarize, even Midoriya's 5% Smashes are capable of reaching speeds of Mach 1 and above

That shockwave gif looks beautiful.

About the chapter:
The League basically won. AFO instead of resting after being free decided to straight uo raid prisons around the country. He will probably free Ujiko too cause Ujiko was definitely one of the most important people to him for his scientific genius.

Hero Commission should answer for this but it seems Twice-Re-destro attacked and killed some of them.

Right now I don't even know what's the next step. Even the military can't handle this considering how Mechs and drones were useless, unless there is a special military quirk division.

@Metalballrun @Therefir @TheRustyOne @Insert_creative_name_here_12 @Jackof_noTrades068 After doing a few hours of research, I've come to a conclusion. Apparently, you can judge the speed of an object if you compare the distance it's traveled in comparison to how wide the shockwave diameter is. For example, if X is moving at baseline supersonic speeds, the distance it travels should be equal to or slightly ahead of the diameter of its shockwave. This logically makes sense because if the shockwave is moving at Mach 1, it'll obviously cover similar distances in comparison to X that's moving at baseline supersonic speeds.

Let's look at Midoriya's Delaware Smash for this one. Notice how the ball (which would be the variable X) is so far ahead of the shockwaves it creates, it's nearly invisible. Even in the anime, it travels tens of meters before the shockwaves even reach half a meter.
main-qimg-ecfa686ee07cbd642fda7bdfae128d74

This would suggest he threw the ball at speeds surpassing Mach 1 several or even ten times over. Aka, Mach 10-20. He did this with just the tip of his finger. Now, I'm definitely not a rocket scientist, but it's likely a full handed throw would likely reach even speeds exceeding 15,000 meters per second, or close to Mach 50. Remember, this is the very tippy-top of his finger, it's not even him using his entire limb.

Now, I probably could be wrong about this, but what's clear is the fact that he at least threw the ball at Mach 5 for it to travel that distance before the shockwaves even reach a meter and a half. This is some extremely deadass hypersonic material here which I doubt would even be lower than Mach 3.

And looking at his other smashes, presumably the ones at even 5%, you notice how he's capable of bending air pressure in such a way that it takes a spherical position around his arm.
DyeJya5.png

Usually, if you punch the air the pressure you generate would travel in front of you, not backward. But, this can be ignored if an object is traveling at Mach speeds or speeds close to Mach 1, which is likely the case that is happening in this panel. To summarize, even Midoriya's 5% Smashes are capable of reaching speeds of Mach 1 and above
That’s really interesting actually
I mostly just saw the Ball throw as At least Mach 5
But I’ll likely do research of my own just to be sure

If it is 100% valid I wonder if the ball throw can be calculated to find a more exact number

Back