• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We can all agree prime afo vs prime all might was a speed and attack power vs hax battle right
I think Prime afo could’ve been haxy Since Gran Torino stated he had a completely different powerset in the first fight 6 years before and implied that Afo’s current kit was potentially smaller in comparison

However I doubt all might had big of a speed advantage in that first battle since afo likely had amps like he had at Kamino.

One of the issues with doing vs battles with Tomura/AFO is that their power stealing only works with biological type power systems, and since most anime/manga typically will either have a power system based on magic or some sort of life energy/aura type power it can't really be used. Marvel/DC characters have a bit of it but there aren't really many comic book characters who are within mid-tier 7.

One of the issues with doing vs battles with Tomura/AFO is that their power stealing only works with biological type power systems, and since most anime/manga typically will either have a power system based on magic or some sort of life energy/aura type power it can't really be used. Marvel/DC characters have a bit of it but there aren't really many comic book characters who are within mid-tier 7.
True a lot of verses with such biological power systems are like tier 9 and tier 8 so only base nine would have that kind of matchup, in some stories the characters are just strong no power system.Even then nine doesn’t start off trying to steal quirks neither does Shiggy since he never tried taking Hellflame or Jet.

With Comics it feels like your either tier 9-8 or 6-3 when not going into higher dimensional beings kinda hard for MHA to have matchups with them that aren’t stomps.Ofc there is overlap with the tier 8 marvel characters like spider-man or early Mcu characters where there can actually be a debate.

Last edited:
Man, now that I think about it, in comics, you can eitherhang with planet busters or you're street level. There's always never an in between apart from some outliers. But I think a lot of Marvel mutants can actually be pitted against MHA characters ignoring Omega level mutants and amps like Phoenix force.

However, I still think power stealing is applicable mid-fight even for MHA as it would instantly win any fight and for AFO or Nine to steal quirks they have to be at least stronger than the opponents to hold onto their heads for a while and at that point, they could just win with any other quirk by simply blasting them in the head.

As for AFO and hax, the only hax he had in Kamino is Impact Recoil which could reflect physical attacks and of course the goo Warp which can definitely be used strategically in combat. Although I expect Prime AFO to have had a way better stock of quirks with how long he had been around. There's also tons of quirks we have seen on Nomus like the Warp that took of Mirko's arm or the Stock quirk that would definitely increase Prime AFO's dangerousness.

True a lot of verses with such biological power systems are like tier 9 and tier 8 so only base nine would have that kind of matchup in some stories the characters are.Even then nine doesn’t start off trying to steal quirks neither does Shiggy since he never tried taking Hellflame or Jet.

With Comics it feels like your either tier 9-8 or 6-3 when not going into higher dimensional beings kinda hard for MHA to have matchups with them that aren’t stomps.Ofc there is overlap with the tier 8 marvel characters like spider-man or early Mcu characters where there can actually be a debate.
He couldn't remember when he was fighting Endeavor prior to getting his quirks stolen he didn't care about him so he didn't care to attempt to steal his quirk, and later on, he was quirkless and when he eventually wasn't quirkless Deku kept him in the air and barraged him with blows so he didn't get the chance to take OFA up until Deku raged and he could tag him.

Now in the case of Shigaraki since from what we understand AFO requires physical contact, it's not really practical because unless the character has resistances to both deconstruction and deterioration(and it'd need to be pretty high grade too) then decay is more practical(why power steal when you can just kill them) and ic Shigaraki is more likely to attempt that unless your name is Deku.

He couldn't remember when he was fighting Endeavor prior to getting his quirks stolen he didn't care about him so he didn't care to attempt to steal his quirk, and later on, he was quirkless and when he eventually wasn't quirkless Deku kept him in the air and barraged him with blows so he didn't get the chance to take OFA up until Deku raged and he could tag him.

Now in the case of Shigaraki since from what we understand AFO requires physical contact, it's not really practical because unless the character has resistances to both deconstruction and deterioration(and it'd need to be pretty high grade too) then decay is more practical(why power steal when you can just kill them) and ic Shigaraki is more likely to attempt that unless your name is Deku.
Fair enough

I know my one piece but I'm not encyclopedic , is there anyone in the one piece verse where it would be smarter idea to steal their powers instead of decaying them(resistance to deconstruction and deterioration)

Hmm fair play I'll wait until Shigaraki and AFO's profiles are finalized before making any vs battles with them, but out of curiosity would area of effect decay work on them decay works on connecting objects so it should be able to decay his sand body.

Good point. His upgraded Decay should still affect them if they're touching the ground.

Thanks Damage, this actually looks like a fun vs battles to go with provided the characters can fly which Logias typically have elemental flight. With Shigaraki's insane stamina and regeneration and with search helping him find the elemental weaknesses and Crocodile being shigaraki's natural enemy this looks like it could be a fun vs battle.

Also I'm curious how air cannon would work here, would it just disperse their forms or actually injure them I'd say the former but it might be different depending on the logia.

Thanks Damage, this actually looks like a fun vs battles to go with provided the characters can fly which Logias typically have elemental flight. With Shigaraki's insane stamina and regeneration and with search helping him find the elemental weaknesses and Crocodile being shigaraki's natural enemy this looks like it could be a fun vs battle.

Also I'm curious how air cannon would work here, would it just disperse their forms or actually injure them I'd say the former but it might be different depending on the logia.
Air Cannon should just disperse them unless we get a logia weak to air itself

Thanks, should still be useful, just not a wincon.

Question: Could Shigaraki regenerate from dehydration, I want to say yes because he's regenerated from having his body nearly incinerated which would mean he'd have to replenish his blood but I'm not sure?

Last edited:
If his regeneration is even half as powerful as Hood's he should be able to. Hood regenerated from a piece of his head and literally created new body mass out of nowhere including obviously new blood.

Thanks, should still be useful, just not a wincon.

Question: Could Shigaraki regenerate from dehydration, I want to say yes because he's regenerated from having his body nearly incinerated which would mean he'd have to replenish his blood but I'm not sure?
Not sure, while dehydration isn't healthy it also isn't damage to the body in the sense that regeneration normally covers.

That's true, but if regeneration allows for blood to be replenished I can't think of a good reason why restoring other bodily fluids wouldn't count.

Yeah that's not in character for him
It's less that it's not in character and more he didn't get a chance too. There wasn't really an opportunity where he was serious in good condition and had his quirks to steal from other people.

I really want tomura to steal a fire quirk just because it would get him some resistance so he doesn't get burnt to hell every 5 minutes.

It's less that it's not in character and more he didn't get a chance too. There wasn't really an opportunity where he was serious in good condition and had his quirks to steal from other people.

I really want tomura to steal a fire quirk just because it would get him some resistance so he doesn't get burnt to hell every 5 minutes.
Honestly he kinda needs a good mobility quirk to match Deku in the air just in case

Honestly he kinda needs a good mobility quirk to match Deku in the air just in case
Not really, he's already got airwalk and rivet stabs that gives him better flight then Deku and equal in longe range abilities. Look what happened after AFO took over and used those quirks he was able to grab Deku without much issue. Shigaraki just didn't know about those quirks when he was fighting deku which meant he really couldn't do crap, just had to tank hits.

Not really, he's already got airwalk and rivet stabs that gives him better flight then Deku and equal in longe range abilities. Look what happened after AFO took over and used those quirks he was able to grab Deku without much issue. Shigaraki just didn't know about those quirks when he was fighting deku which meant he really couldn't do crap, just had to tank hits.
I understand that he has airwalk but however I don’t think itll be enough to keep up with Deku Zooming around the the air like Superman, using OFA and float together which he will get better at in future.

Plus he tried to grab Deku after he was basically worn himself down and a sitting duck(Something even Bakugo intercepted Albeit he was amped)

With airwalk I feel it can probably be OP if shiggy used it in tandem with air canon to propel himself.

Back