• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

There’s also that calc of 10% deku blitzing “shockwaves” that Timmy calced at mhs+ But people took that as the shockwaves were special effects
Idk if they were special effect, wind, or actual shockwaves, so I also won’t say shit on that

I’m too stupid to calc them
@Therefir is probably the best to ask.
(speaking of that now that you’ve said Deku has outsped sound waves, which are Mach 1, what do you think of Earthy’s calc This one, I’m not gonna say I agree or not, because I know nothing)
This calc is crazy to me because if the high end for momentum were to be accepted, 100% Deku would become Relativistic (0.429c) and people like Endeavor and Mirko would become Sub-Relativistic (0.017c)

This calc is crazy to me because if the high end for momentum were to be accepted, 100% Deku would become Relativistic (0.429c) and people like Endeavor and Mirko would become Sub-Relativistic (0.017c)
Honestly if the first one is accepted and we can use Mach 100 for Nagant’s bullets then we get shit like the calc being >20.83333x faster than the original calc.
So I don’t really care outside of the first one.
Also for the toga one i’d use the manga just because it’s easier for me to read. But ig we can use the average humans maximum perception time (these aren’t peak, just a lot of what are essentially zealots)

Honestly if the first one is accepted and we can use Mach 100 for Nagant’s bullets then we get shit like the calc being >20.83333x faster than the original calc.
So I don’t really care outside of the first one.
Also for the toga one i’d use the manga just because it’s easier for me to read. But ig we can use the average humans maximum perception time (these aren’t peak, just a lot of what are essentially zealots)
I feel like peak human is more logical considering that most of those warriors were able to keep up with Toga

Speaking of vestiges ... should characters get a Limited Type 8 Immortality in MHA? As their mind still exists as a vestige even after the death of the body. Reliant on the quirk of course.

It's also not really combat applicable since the quirk dies with the user for the most part. Most vestiges can't really do anything. Except a few, the OFA vestiges, and AFO.

An example of this in effect is just AFO. He is taking over Shigaraki, although Shigaraki's willpower is letting him keep a part of himself. AFO also has several actual people appear in his (idk what to call it so) "mind palace." Star even appears there and fights and destroys the other vestiges

Another example is the battle in Deku's "mind palace" when Shigaraki tried to steal his quirk. Two vestiges actually showed up and help Deku. AFO's personality shows up too. The vestiges are also just the former OFA users.

I think this technically also gives Star and AFO Type 8 Immortality Negation of a sort? As they can actually destroy quirks and the vestiges.

AFO specifically cannot destroy quirks at all, just suppress them with his own will.

And even then, that isn’t really immortality. The vestiges aren’t the person anymore. They’re just an echo made by their Quirk to represent their soul. They aren’t the actual soul. All the OFA users are dead and can’t come back, the vestiges are just their quirks, miniature slices of their overall souls, conversing with each other in a mental space disconnected from normal reality.

So no to any immortality from vestiges since you yourself still die, you just leave a copy behind IF your quirk somehow gets taken from you before you die.

Save the thread, I guarantee that we’ll get confirmation that the vestiges are souls by the end of the series 🙏🏽💯
They are souls, but just a ridiculously specific subset of souls that, despite being copies of the original, only really deal with the Quirk.

If vestiges are confirmed to affect things like memory, life energy, emotions, etc. then that’s a different discussion. But seeing as Ragdoll is basically the same person despite not having her quirk anymore, I doubt it.

AFO specifically cannot destroy quirks at all, just suppress them with his own will.

And even then, that isn’t really immortality. The vestiges aren’t the person anymore. They’re just an echo made by their Quirk to represent their soul. They aren’t the actual soul. All the OFA users are dead and can’t come back, the vestiges are just their quirks, miniature slices of their overall souls, conversing with each other in a mental space disconnected from normal reality.

So no to any immortality from vestiges since you yourself still die, you just leave a copy behind IF your quirk somehow gets taken from you before you die.
AFO is coming back though in Shigaraki though. And he's still alive.

AFO is coming back though in Shigaraki though. And he's still alive.
He’s not, his vestige is just taking over the body. AFO the guy is still alive and doing his own thing, his soul is still present in his body. The copy of his soul, the echo/vestige, is just somewhere else, so he can influence it by connecting to the mental space that he’s been dabbling with for years.

So it’s more like there’s literally two of him than one of him in two bodies.

Basically:

Everyone in MHA has a clone of their soul. This is their quirk. It doesn’t do anything unless it’s in someone else’s body/soul/mental plane.

When in someone else’s space, they can attempt a hostile takeover, and the body inhabiting both souls can use both quirks within their soul space.

A meaningless ability unless someone takes your Quirk and doesn’t have the will to suppress it, or your Quirk somehow HAS the will to attack in the first place

At the very least I think Star should get the ability for now, as she fully controlled her vestige to destroy other vestiges

The others can wait until more info

They are souls, but just a ridiculously specific subset of souls that, despite being copies of the original, only really deal with the Quirk.

If vestiges are confirmed to affect things like memory, life energy, emotions, etc. then that’s a different discussion. But seeing as Ragdoll is basically the same person despite not having her quirk anymore, I doubt it.
Would Toga be the same without her quirk considering it is confirmed that her mental illness is directly related to it?

I think she would very different in terms of tendencies if she lost her quirk especially going by AFO's speech in Vigilantes talking about the consequences of an imbalance between a quirk's nature and their wielder's will.

When either overpowers the other, it results in the birth of a villain. I don't know if we will ever see an inner world of Toga's psyche but if we do my bet is that we may get a similar image to Shigaraki's where there's a "Toga" who is unhinged and another Toga trapped deep within the vestige world like Tenko.

If we learn the exact dynamic between Tenko and the white haired Shigaraki in their own vestige world, it's probable that one represents his repressed will while the other represents his mess of emotions & Decay quirk & it is that part that the AFO vestige is fusing with rather than the "real Tenko".

I’m too stupid to calc them
@Therefir is probably the best to ask.
(speaking of that now that you’ve said Deku has outsped sound waves, which are Mach 1, what do you think of Earthy’s calc This one, I’m not gonna say I agree or not, because I know nothing)
I don't feel that comfortable scaling the bullet's momentum from Deku's.

The calc assumes the bullet has to move at Relativistic speeds to be able to overpower Deku's apparent Match 1 speed, due to how light the bullet is compared to Deku.

But getting a result tens of thousands of times higher... I think it's too much.

Also found a nice feat of 20% Deku perceiving a bunch of rocks in slow motion, I think Timmy calced it and got it to MHS but someone can try this

The feat occurs at 1:58

Link? I mean Timmy got Low 7-C while a I got 8-B calculating the same feat.

I'd swear someone had already calculated Toga's feat.

I don't feel that comfortable scaling the bullet's momentum from Deku's.

The calc assumes the bullet has to move at Relativistic speeds to be able to overpower Deku's apparent Match 1 speed, due to how light the bullet is compared to Deku.

But getting a result tens of thousands of times higher... I think it's too much.
That’s fair.
First part where it’s Mach 100?
(saw you answered the first part already but has that changed? and can we apply that to calcs lol)

Calc stacking rules says no also every calc group member too
Would it be calc stacking?
it’s a cannon statement we’ve boiled down to a value we can use for a pinpointed speed in a logical conclusion.
look if Shinra from fire force can get up to 7-A by people assuming that his statement of his power coming from KE, and him moving at speeds to approach light is true without a specified value, why can’t we

Calc stacking rules says no also every calc group member too
Technically not calc stacking; calc stacking is allowed if it’s the exact same projectile in the same time frame. We know that Nagant’s speed wouldn’t vary since she stated that the bullet she shot at Deku was faster than the others

Could we use the feat of Shiggy launching Endeavor and Ryukyu into a building hard enough to destroy it as a LS feat? Considering the feat caused 208 tons of damage, Shiggy would have had to throw both of them extremely quick, which is an LS feat

Could we use the feat of Shiggy launching Endeavor and Ryukyu into a building hard enough to destroy it as a LS feat? Considering the feat caused 208 tons of damage, Shiggy would have had to throw both of them extremely quick, which is an LS feat
Use it as a durability feat to upgrade the dragon

He didn’t throw them, he launched off the air and stomped Endeavor down on top of Ryukyu and then through the building.
Use it as a durability feat to upgrade the dragon
It literally already is

Back