• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

@Therefir imagine if we could use the fastest ranged weapon in history and not the fastest bullet for Nagant’s attack speed, because this totally makes sense and is not misleading or deranged in any way

@Therefir imagine if we could use the fastest ranged weapon in history and not the fastest bullet for Nagant’s attack speed, because this totally makes sense and is not misleading or deranged in any way
Imagine if we ignored calc stacking and scaled the bullet to 45% Deku, since it makes sense

Since Mirio is never compared to Nighteye's Lifting Strength I don't think he should. Unless I'm forgetting something.
On their profile it says they’re comparable in AP, so I would assume narratively it would make sense for Nighteye and Mirio to have comparable LS considering they’re relative with physical strikes

I know that we don’t treat OFA percentages as linear, but we should assume that Deku’s 100% is AT LEAST 2.22x faster than his 45%. So, rather than scaling 100% Deku to Mach 116, he should be scaled to AT LEAST Mach 133, as its 2.22x higher than Mach 60, which is his 45% value.

I know that we don’t treat OFA percentages as linear, but we should assume that Deku’s 100% is AT LEAST 2.22x faster than his 45%. So, rather than scaling 100% Deku to Mach 116, he should be scaled to AT LEAST Mach 133, as its 2.22x higher than Mach 60, which is his 45% value.
I may end up making a CRT on this

Except you acknowledge that we don't treat his percentages as a strict mutliplier like that?

So why would we do it specifically for 45% to 100%?

I like that Horikoshi is finally explicitly giving an explanation as to why characters without strength-enhancing characters have superhuman strength by real world standards; their bodies have simply adapted to their Quirks and have built up a natural resilience and counter force to them. I also assume that's how All For One managed to grow as powerful as All Might despite not explicitly augmenting his strength 24/7; I believe the only strength-enhancing Quirks are Emitters.

Except you acknowledge that we don't treat his percentages as a strict mutliplier like that?
Even though they aren’t a strict multiplier it’s absolutely moronic to assume that they’re BELOW what the theoretically multiplier would be, considering every past Deku percentage has increased exponentially.

In other words, Deku not even becoming 2x faster from 45% to 100%, even though the strict value is 2.22x and Deku has shown to increase exponentially, is just weird

Even though they aren’t a strict multiplier it’s absolutely moronic to assume that they’re BELOW what the theoretically multiplier would be, considering every past Deku percentage has increased exponentially.

In other words, Deku not even becoming 2x faster from 45% to 100%, even though the strict value is 2.22x and Deku has shown to increase exponentially, is just weird
We acknowledge the power of 5% -> 10% (a real world difference of 2x) is from 5.13 tons to 4.22 kilotons. And yet the speed doesn’t even double on a percentage he explicitly states to be twice as high as the current one he’s using.
Leaps and bounds are shown by OFA, so why the hell would we just go we have no to assume that OFA can double in speed over a mathematical percentage increase that we accept as over an 822x power multipler

Sad how we have yet to get any good speed feats from the war. We need someone to use real lightning and have a fodder hero dodge it, or someone to use light beams idk

Why is Gran Torino not 7-A? Not only did he survive a hit from Shigaraki, he directly implies that he is capable of killing Shigaraki

Sorahiko described Tomura as "beyond human".
Not only did he survive a hit from Shigaraki
In a dramatically deteriorated and weakened state, Tomura crushed Sorahiko's foot through the boot and drove his hand through his chest, leaving him in such a critical state that he was barely conscious during the rest of the battle with Tomura. Even weeks later, he is still hospitalized and decrepit.
he directly implies that he is capable of killing Shigaraki
His claims were evidently fickle (see above).

Why is Gran Torino not 7-A? Not only did he survive a hit from Shigaraki, he directly implies that he is capable of killing Shigaraki
That AP reasoning is a no go. Highly doubt Gran Torino believes he can beat down someone as strong as All Might. Gran Torino is obviously inferior to Shigaraki, and got punched straight through the stomach.

At best his durability downscale (Kind of), since he did take a hit beforehand from Shigaraki. When Gran Torino was holding onto him Shiggy hits him and jumped past Endeavor. He also took a direct hit from All Might, who was intending to hit AFO. Though it knocked him out for some time, but he did wake up pretty quickly.

Also Impact Recoil hax could do something or whatever. He also was able to take a direct hit from AFO's rivet stab, and wasn't impaled.

However his AP doesn't have anything to scale. His durability is at most baseline 7-A or at most baseline High 6-C with new calcs. I say 6-C+ since he seems to be very below.

Though in all honestly I'd rate him as Unknown, since he's higher than 8-B but I'm not confident where exactly he should be. But I know people dislike Unknown ratings.

Also he shouldn't be scaling too close at all. Since Prime Gran Torino, 18 Year Old All Might, and Nana were utter jokes to Prime AFO. Who didn't have a single injury and Gran Torino stated All Might stood zero chance against AFO. Even though All Might was able to master using Nana's 100% power almost instantly.

Gran Torino is inconsistent as heck. Prime AFO considers him, at his best, and Nana complete jokes power wise, so he’s not that strong. He took a direct punch from Hideout AM who wasn’t holding back but was KO’d instantly, and it’s possible Impact Recoil even mitigated some of the damage in the first place seeing as AFO uses it defensively. He can shove around Incomplete Shigaraki but gets donuted and crushed by him when he goes Plus Ultra.

Yet… 5% Deku can cut his face and make him bleed with just a graze?

Way too inconsistent a character durability wise and none of his actual attacks have done anything to AM tier people. He’s either unknown or we need to make some wonky decisions regarding him.

Found this cool feat of Toga essentially blitzing the perception of a dozen PLF warriors, this may be worth looking at and calcing

Also found a nice feat of 20% Deku perceiving a bunch of rocks in slow motion, I think Timmy calced it and got it to MHS but someone can try this

The feat occurs at 1:58

I do find it weird how there’s such a small power gap between the Prime forms for AM and AFO
Honestly, the gap between Prime versions or All Might and AFO and their injured weakened versions is mostly a stamina one.

As far as we saw with All Might, he could still go Plus Ultra and "beyond 100%" when pushed while AFO also has his quirk combos in Kamino.

With the right combination, there's no reason present AFO wouldn't have the ability to replicate his prime feats.

Honestly, the gap between Prime versions or All Might and AFO and their injured weakened versions is mostly a stamina one.

As far as we saw with All Might, he could still go Plus Ultra and "beyond 100%" when pushed while AFO also has his quirk combos in Kamino.

With the right combination, there's no reason present AFO wouldn't have the ability to replicate his prime feats.
However, All Might stated that he would be able to take out the USJ Nomu with only 5 punches in his prime compared to his 300 in the fight, and both All For One and Shigaraki stated All Might had gotten far slower

However, All Might stated that he would be able to take out the USJ Nomu with only 5 punches in his prime compared to his 300 in the fight, and both All For One and Shigaraki stated All Might had gotten far slower
Yeah but that was after he had already passed on OFA and was on embers.

I’m too stupid to calc them
@Therefir is probably the best to ask.
(speaking of that now that you’ve said Deku has outsped sound waves, which are Mach 1, what do you think of Earthy’s calc This one, I’m not gonna say I agree or not, because I know nothing)

There’s also that calc of 10% deku blitzing “shockwaves” that Timmy calced at mhs+ But people took that as the shockwaves were special effects

Back