• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Unironically I might
Don't, the person who first tried to do that was universally mocked in that thread.

Besides, it's not even a power that Deku can do by himself, but something that happens when many people believe in something in common.

Hori has since dismissed the idea, but it could return if All Might doesn't end up dying by the end.

Hate how Hori introduced Deku quite literally “changing the future” and the incident still hasn’t been even mentioned ever again

Looking at the spoilers, glad Bakugo is finally getting something to shine.

Usually the series does better when the side characters are the focus instead of Deku. He's just not enjoyable as a MC imo

Looking at the spoilers, glad Bakugo is finally getting something to shine.

Usually the series does better when the side characters are the focus instead of Deku. He's just not enjoyable as a MC imo
This is an extremely subjective opinion. A lot of people, me included, read the story mostly for Deku. Personally, if Deku was not in MHA I know I wouldn't be reading. And I would have personally preferred if something like Deku Black arc had been way longer.

It's okay not to like Deku but I don't think that is in any way the common opinion of MHA fans.

These are the kinds of fans that become toxic since the premise of a show is usually tied to the MC. Like no matter how many side quests there are the main quest is always related to the main character in most stories.

This is an extremely subjective opinion. A lot of people, me included, read the story mostly for Deku. Personally, if Deku was not in MHA I know I wouldn't be reading. And I would have personally preferred if something like Deku Black arc had been way longer.

It's okay not to like Deku but I don't think that is in any way the common opinion of MHA fans.
Was "imo" not enough to tell it was an opinion ?

Regardless of what show you are watching if you don’t like the MC should you really be watching the show?
Depends on how good the other side characters are, MHA just has better side characters than the MC for me

I'd have to disagree. In fact, some of the most well-received arcs are centered around Deku and his development. Objectively speaking, if you were to compare him to someone like Endeavor in terms of how well he's written. He's practically the byproduct of hero society, and eventually, he evolves past that in order to try and fix society in general.

Even his personality is kind of interesting. Whereas, a usual goody-two-shoes shonen protagonist would likely do good for the sake of doing good, or be nice for the sake of being nice. Deku's personality is centered around modesty and pure heartedness not because of a cliche, but because of the environment he was raised in, and how his interactions between Bakugo, his classmates, and in general, the flaws of hero society, make him more modest than the average person.

His primary motivation for doing good isn't just because he's, well... a good person. It's because of the people he looked up to as a child. Namely, All Might and Bakugo respectively. Both of which influenced his drive to save and help others, with regard for his own personal well-being be damned. As I said before, Deku is someone who is the byproduct of hero society, through and through. In both a good and not-so-good way.

He's also the character that serves as the main driving force behind most of the development between Class 1-A, and hell, even Shigaraki as of late. In more ways than one, he is both the antithesis and solution to fixing hero society (Well, at least when you take into consideration some of his greatest flaws and strengths). Of course, not everyone may find him to be enjoyable, but you certainly can't really say that he's not one of the most well-written characters in the verse.

Solid chapter. Of course I fully expected the fact we weren't going to continue after where last chapter left off.

However I'm surprised to see Shigaraki again. I thought that'd be one they'd hold off too until then. If anything I was expecting to cut back to the other fights we haven't seen yet. Also we have direct confirmation that Shigaraki's All Might level strength does not apply to his extra growing hands. As many of us already suspected.

They can injure Mirko but she isn't all that durable in the first place. And considering Edgeshot just ripped through a bunch of them they aren't very durable either. I know he does inside attacks, but almost everyone is shown to destroy those growing hands with their attacks. They are nowhere near Shigaraki's actual durability.

Currently this would be baseline 7-A. But with the High 6-C stuff I'd say this would be baseline 6-C+.

Best part is what Bakugo says back to Shigaraki/AFO. Also Shigaraki/AFO saying at least everyone will be oppressed equally under his rule is really something.

Don't think Bakugo is about to take a big hit, but obviously this isn't the end either.

Scans are out. The mass of fingers is confirmed NOT to be on par with Shigaraki's All Might-esque physique. Otherwise that would cause a lot of scaling issues since Nejire, Bakugo, and Edgeshot can tear them apart.

Last edited:
We usually continue to use spoilers until the chapter officially comes out, not when the leak scans come out.

Some people don't read the leaks at all, and only check in when the chapter officially comes out.

I'd have to disagree. In fact, some of the most well-received arcs are centered around Deku and his development. Objectively speaking, if you were to compare him to someone like Endeavor in terms of how well he's written. He's practically the byproduct of hero society, and eventually, he evolves past that in order to try and fix society in general.

Even his personality is kind of interesting. Whereas, a usual goody-two-shoes shonen protagonist would likely do good for the sake of doing good, or be nice for the sake of being nice. Deku's personality is centered around modesty and pure heartedness not because of a cliche, but because of the environment he was raised in, and how his interactions between Bakugo, his classmates, and in general, the flaws of hero society, make him more modest than the average person.

His primary motivation for doing good isn't just because he's, well... a good person. It's because of the people he looked up to as a child. Namely, All Might and Bakugo respectively. Both of which influenced his drive to save and help others, with regard for his own personal well-being be damned. As I said before, Deku is someone who is the byproduct of hero society, through and through. In both a good and not-so-good way.

He's also the character that serves as the main driving force behind most of the development between Class 1-A, and hell, even Shigaraki as of late. In more ways than one, he is both the antithesis and solution to fixing hero society (Well, at least when you take into consideration some of his greatest flaws and strengths). Of course, not everyone may find him to be enjoyable, but you certainly can't really say that he's not one of the most well-written characters in the verse.
It's just he's just not well written from what I read, but I can defiantly see why you think so.

I thought he only tested Cluster on Deku
The move is Cluster. Basically Howitzer Impact done with Cluster.

Cluster is a power-up more like Full Cowl which basically enhanced all the movesets he had before. So I guess there would also be stuff like AP Machine Gun Cluster etc. Also the flashback panel this chapter before Bakugo uses Howitzer Impact Cluster Bomb is that panel of him saying he tested it on Deku. So it's not like he was testing Cluster but more like he was testing his entire moveset when enhanced by Cluster.

Im waiting for the High 6-C CRT, the OP CRT has finished and we get oneshotted by every single character post timeskip besides like Ussop

So when are the international heroes coming? Still waiting for that Deku and Spiderman team up, and for that wolverine vs shigaraki 1v1

Don't, the person who first tried to do that was universally mocked in that thread.

Besides, it's not even a power that Deku can do by himself, but something that happens when many people believe in something in common.

Hori has since dismissed the idea, but it could return if All Might doesn't end up dying by the end.
Yeah.

MHA fans be like: "Since Shigaraki can produce growth of hands without a quirk, I propose Shigaraki gets Abstract Existence and High 1-A Conceptual Manipulation Type 1.

Yeah.

MHA fans be like: "Since Shigaraki can produce growth of hands without a quirk, I propose Shigaraki gets Abstract Existence and High 1-A Conceptual Manipulation Type 1.
**** yeah let’s do it, also All Might should get reality, luck, and fate manipulation because he’s called a Deus ex machina by all for one

Back