• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Essentially Nine is

748 MT (One OFA) < Nine < 1.5 GT (Two OFAs)

If we take the mean, Nine would be relative to 1.1 GT. Idk if this scaling is accepted on the wiki but I think Nine should be baseline 1 GT at least

Last edited:
Essentially Nine is

If we take the mean, Nine would be relative to 1.1 GT. Idk if this scaling is accepted on the wiki but I think Nine should be baseline 1 GT at least
If we follow this same train of logic, 75% Shigaraki should be superior to Nine as Garaki said Shiggy was “perfected”, and Shiggy inherited the original copy of OFA while Nine got a weaker duplicate, so Shiggy would be >1GT

Essentially Nine is

Only his weather power scales above 100% OFA. His other attacks are nowhere near that strong. Since their single attacks were something he could barely handle. His weather power was overpowered by their combined strength. He's just an unknown amount stronger than them with his original Quirk.

Shigaraki does not scale to whatever potency his Quirk has. Shigaraki only scales to Nine's physicals.

Only his weather power scales above 100% OFA. His other attacks are nowhere near that strong. Since their single attacks were something he could barely handle. His weather power was overpowered by their combined strength. He's just an unknown amount stronger than them with his original Quirk.

Shigaraki does not scale to whatever potency his Quirk has. Shigaraki only scales to Nine's physicals.
Gotcha

If we follow this same train of logic, 75% Shigaraki should be superior to Nine as Garaki said Shiggy was “perfected”, and Shiggy inherited the original copy of OFA while Nine got a weaker duplicate, so Shiggy would be >1GT
I thought we are scaling off feats? Nine is OP because of his weather manipulation quirk, not AFO. Whether Nine had AFO or not his tornadoes, lightning, and storm feats would still be the same.

Shigaraki on the other hand also has his physical feats from body modification, again not AFO. We have not seen him use any huge scalable moves with AFO like Kamino AFO for example. At most Shigaraki used Air Canon and Heavy Payload but it wasn't a calcable feat.

There is no direct way to compare Shigaraki and Nine since their scaling comes from 2 different powers. Ujiko's statements don't mean much to Nine since they aren't about weather manipulation which is Nine's main ability that makes him OP.

Also I have to ask, given 2 OFA punches overcame Nine's storm, doesn't that mean if it was WHM version of Deku with 100% OFA barrage he would have won easily?

Also I have to ask, given 2 OFA punches overcame Nine's storm, doesn't that mean if it was WHM version of Deku with 100% OFA barrage he would have won easily?
Yes, WHM Deku would eviscerate Nine.

Honestly the Deku of that time could do it too if he just punched twice for the storm and fought solo, but he seemed pretty adamant that they needed two OFA’s so eh. Nine seemed to be getting stomped pretty bad when Deku decided to turn it up on him and even the one hit Nine got him with his lasers Deku just shrugged off.

Does it not bother anyone else that Large Island level is like... far, far out of reach of most character's actual feats in the series?

EDIT: Noticed an issue with the air-clap calc. I'll make a Calc Group thread to address it at some point.
Rusty's current scaling, based on the new calcs, basically just got upgraded, but the gap between the Tiamat missiles and the regular AP of characters are the same.
But feats hasn't really been very consistent yeah.

For what it's worth, MHA isn't nearly as bad as Hokuto no Kenshiro which also uses loads of cloud calcs and funky scaling from nukes. At least we don't have Deku or Shigaraki being threatened with gasoline or a shotgun.

In regards to Slice's rating. I was wondering if she should be scaling to dark environment Dark Shadow's AP? High 8-C+

I assume DS was stronger there, since that was the whole purpose of bringing her to a dark place. Giving Tokoyami the advantage by making DS stronger. Tokoyami was controlling DS to prevent it from going berserk, but it should've been receiving the power boost from being in a dark environment.

While berserk DS defeated her, it's possible he didn't KO her out with that hit. Maybe she was caught by the ceiling collapsing. She might not have been unconscious, just trapped under the rubble. We don't actually see her knocked out or anything after the cave collapses, we only see her again being carried off by the police.

And she didn't have any large injuries or bruises.

Rusty's current scaling, based on the new calcs, basically just got upgraded, but the gap between the Tiamat missiles and the regular AP of characters are the same.
But feats hasn't really been very consistent yeah.

For what it's worth, MHA isn't nearly as bad as Hokuto no Kenshiro which also uses loads of cloud calcs and funky scaling from nukes. At least we don't have Deku or Shigaraki being threatened with gasoline or a shotgun.
Honestly wherever they fall, I just try to enjoy the characters and the manga itself. I’d like them to get to high 6-C (a lot of Godzilla characters there now with the MCU, guess why I want MHA characters there)
In regards to Slice's rating. I was wondering if she should be scaling to dark environment Dark Shadow's AP? High 8-C+

I assume DS was stronger there, since that was the whole purpose of bringing her to a dark place. Giving Tokoyami the advantage by making DS stronger. Tokoyami was controlling DS to prevent it from going berserk, but it should've been receiving the power boost from being in a dark environment.

While berserk DS defeated her, it's possible he didn't KO her out with that hit. Maybe she was caught by the ceiling collapsing. She might not have been unconscious, just trapped under the rubble. We don't actually see her knocked out or anything after the cave collapses, we only see her again being carried off by the police.

And she didn't have any large injuries or bruises.
Yeah, that should work, especially because they needed that specific plan to defeat her, and it only worked with berserk dark shadow caving in the area

Actually now I have to ask @TheRustyOne are we allowed to re add matches if the characters go back to being the same tier? (Naaaaah it’s not Deku vs Thor not at all)
also Shigaraki should scale to Deku’s ap + Endeavours + Gran Torino’s + etc, etc no that’s not weird at all

There is no re adding matches.

Just make the matches again if they're capable of fighting each other. Note: A lot of Izuku's matches for his current self will probably be removed once we find out once his last Quirk is. While it's only a last resort, it's still something that isn't taken into account during those fights.

Also just because they have the same tier, doesn't mean the AP gap between them is the same.

Can a Nana Shimura profile be made? Although we don’t have any full things of her, we do have the OVA against Prime AFO, and we already know what abilities she’d have

She’s get all of the OFA abilities like NPI, Statistics Amplification, Air Manipulation, and she’d get Flight with her Float quirk

Also she would get extra abilities for her vestige form, such as Immortality (Type 7) and Incorporeality (Solely exists within the vestige world, with no more tangible form)

Can a Nana Shimura profile be made? Although we don’t have any full things of her, we do have the OVA against Prime AFO, and we already know what abilities she’d have

She’s get all of the OFA abilities like NPI, Statistics Amplification, Air Manipulation, and she’d get Flight with her Float quirk

Also she would get extra abilities for her vestige form, such as Immortality (Type 7) and Incorporeality (Solely exists within the vestige world, with no more tangible form)
At the very least, she’s the only past OFA user that we have actual content for, such as her constant flashbacks and a short bit of a fight scene

Don’t do it it’s a trap
The beast has been appeased, High 6-C still remains.

For once we don't know her stats which is I think the most important part of a profile.

The beast has been appeased, High 6-C still remains.

For once we don't know her stats which is I think the most important part of a profile.
Shouldn’t she at the very least be comparable to All Might? She has OFA, and we all know abt its strength enhancement

Plus Twice has a profile and his stats are literally all Unknown 🗿

Plus Twice has a profile and his stats are literally all Unknown 🗿
Twice is Unknown because he never really did anything to warrant any scaling. At least to my knowledge.

Nana is strong, we know this for a fact. However we don't know where she falls. We know she's a complete joke to AFO, referring to their fight (Young All Might and Gran Torino included) as comedy. Showing no form of distress or anything to imply she hurt him or even landed a single hit on him.

All Might was the one who held OFA for the longest, and provided the biggest boost to its power. We cannot rate Nana as comparable to All Might without anymore evidence. She should be comparable to Prime Gran Torino. Gran Torino was able to injure young All Might who was able to fully control 100% of Nana's OFA basically soon after he got it. Meaning Nana's strength level would at least scale to At least 8-B, going by our profiles.

Since Gran Torino is obvious weaker now compared to his prime. Though Torino himself is going to get an upgrade in the future.

Regardless, the best decision is to wait until we get more information.

Back