• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I will say this tho; I’m not a fan of Shigaraki being sidelined in this arc. It feels like he’s made to be a jobber or a henchmen, when rather; he’s meant to be the central antagonist and a direct parallel to Deku

I will say this tho; I’m not a fan of Shigaraki being sidelined in this arc. It feels like he’s made to be a jobber or a henchmen, when rather; he’s meant to be the central antagonist and a direct parallel to Deku
We just haven't focused on him yet, the same way we haven't focused on Deku yet

AFO is being treated like a jobber more now, getting dealt with even before Toga

But constant statements from everyone have clearly cemented that Shigaraki is the strongest and deadliest villain alive, with him clearly being the major threat that needs to be dealt with. Shigaraki is very clearly set up as the final boss and ultimate villain who Deku, the ultimate Hero everyone is relying on, needs to defeat. Everything is building to that final climactic battle with Shigaraki, so I have no doubt Horikoshi will go all out with Deku vs Shigaraki in the end

@Acer__ At the end of the day we still lack concrete proof to scale their AP from their durability.
The return of Hori's sketches spoilers. I hope it is these guys rather than just standard High-ends though I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 High-ends tossed in. Or it might be foreign heroes or Star's jets though those should be at the floating UA fortress.

Hori's new editor put a note that these dots are a "mysterious threat", and it wouldn't make sense for foreign heroes to appear after they publicly abandoned Japan.

I have a lot of complaints about the series, even with the first war arc which I consider to be MHA's peak with Kamino only being second with a fair margin.

But Shigaraki's current absence in recent chapters is not one of them. In fact, I'd be fine if every other significant villain and battles get more focus with multiple chapters before we get to Shigaraki. This is directly related to one of my major complaints about the series. We shouldn't rush straight to the final battle immediately and off screen several interesting fights like the first war arc did.

The editor put a note that these dots are "mysterious threats", and it wouldn't make sense for foreign heroes to appear after they publicly abandoned Japan.
Unless this chapter was still developed under Taguchi and this is another one of his cheap cliffhanger ideas.

I have a lot of complaints about the series, even with the first war arc which I consider to be MHA's peak with Kamino only being second with a fair margin.

But Shigaraki's current absence in recent chapters is not one of them. In fact, I'd be fine if every other significant villain and battles get more focus with multiple chapters before we get to Shigaraki. This is directly related to one of my major complaints about the series. We shouldn't rush straight to the final battle immediately and off screen several interesting fights like the first war arc did.
Ordinarily I’d agree that an arc shouldn’t be rushed to the final fight but the war arc was pretty darn long already no? If we took the time to look at Monoma and other Class B kids fight PLF members (or even watch Pros dogpile and get slaughtered by Nomu) we don’t know or care about that would bog things down I feel.

@Acer__ At the end of the day we still lack concrete proof to scale their AP from their durability.

Hori's new editor put a note that these dots are a "mysterious threat", and it wouldn't make sense for foreign heroes to appear after they publicly abandoned Japan.
Then it might be this team. The question would be how AFO found out Deku was transported to Toga but he might have kept tabs through Skeptic or radio communication the same way the heroes are.

Unless this chapter was still developed under Taguchi and this is another one of his cheap cliffhanger ideas.
Yeah, I remember I had a huge issue with Geten and Re-destro's fights getting offscreened in war arc especially as they were major villains just one arc before. They went out like chumps.

The heroes vs Gigantomachia could also have been 1 chapter rather than just offscreening it then giving us a death count. I remember how Majestic was also hyped as the only hero at the Villa who could maybe stop Machia only to be offscreened.

I don't think it would have even needed that many chapters, just 1 for Re-destro vs Edgeshot and another for Geten vs Cementoss and 1 for Machia vs the heroes led by Majestic.

Ordinarily I’d agree that an arc shouldn’t be rushed to the final fight but the war arc was pretty darn long already no? If we took the time to look at Monoma and other Class B kids fight PLF members (or even watch Pros dogpile and get slaughtered by Nomu) we don’t know or care about that would bog things down I feel.
The fact that these characters get almost no significant screen time, let alone actual fight scenes is why people don't care about them in the first place.

Even established characters like Re Destro and Geten fighting Edgeshot and Cementoss get off screened.

And it's not like there aren't proper build ups for other characters. Isn't the Joint Training arc meant to showcase the students of UA so that we'll know what they'd do in the War arc? Isn't the introduction of the PLF officers, all with interesting designs to boot, be meant as the foils our dear protagonists are supposed to overcome?

And it's not like this is something new. Side character fights are tried and tested in many shounen works, old and new. It was great to watch the Gotei 13 fight the Espadas. It was great to watch Clover Kingdom vs Spade Kingdom. The Joint Training arc itself was a success in Japan.

I wouldn't have been opposed to the PLF War arc to go even longer than it did if it means more characters get some spotlight. Same for this current final war arc.
And the blathering powerscalers here get more feats. Everyone wins, no?

The fact that these characters get almost no significant screen time, let alone actual fight scenes is why people don't care about them in the first place.

Even established characters like Re Destro and Geten fighting Edgeshot and Cementoss get off screened.

And it's not like there aren't proper build ups for other characters. Isn't the Joint Training arc meant to showcase the students of UA so that we'll know what they'd do in the War arc? Isn't the introduction of the PLF officers, all with interesting designs to boot, be meant as the foils our dear protagonists are supposed to overcome?

And it's not like this is something new. Side character fights are tried and tested in many shounen works, old and new. It was great to watch the Gotei 13 fight the Espadas. It was great to watch Clover Kingdom vs Spade Kingdom. The Joint Training arc itself was a success in Japan.

I wouldn't have been opposed to the PLF War arc to go even longer than it did if it means more characters get some spotlight. Same for this current final war arc.
And the blathering powerscalers here get more feats. Everyone wins, no?
I’m fine with fights not going fully in depth because the entire premise of that “war” was that it wasn’t a war at all. This is why I hate the term despite it being commonplace.

It was an ambush by the heroes at two places to defeat villains as fast as possible. It was a gamble to stop threats before they turned into a coordinated force. Characters were going to be beaten here because it wasn’t the end of many of their stories.

Gigantomachia is still going to be relevant in this war. The PLF leaders that were locked up will be relevant in this war I’m certain. Class 1-B have more chances to prove they are relevant.

I don’t see much point in lingering on the “PLF war” not showing more fights when the fights were not the intention of the arc at all. It was the villains beating back the entirety of hero society in a scrambled mess that no one could predict. Not seeing a chapter of Redestro vs Edgeshot when far more important factors were occurring elsewhere I feel isn’t something you should be too bothered by.

Like, what would seeing Redestro vs Edgeshot even amount to? We barely know anything about Edgeshot and Redestro has had several moments by this point. It’s not like they’re rivals or anything, nor are they incredibly important characters in the grand scheme of what was happening at the time. Liked characters yes, but not important to events going forward.

If Redestro were to fight Edgeshot in the CURRENT war, where it’s actually a battle on multiple fronts to show off and develop characters through direct do or die combat, then you can bet there would be chapters dedicated to it. But the ambush at the hospital and the villa simply did not create an environment where their battle should have taken center stage for a whole week, nor would Geten’s.

Like you would have to cut into some ridiculously important moments in that ambush very awkwardly to not have Redestro and Geten get off screened. Too much was happening for them to also get entire fights dedicated to them.

I don’t see much point in lingering on the “PLF war” not showing more fights when the fights were not the intention of the arc at all.
???
MHA is a battle shounen, of course it's about fights, especially the biggest, most built up arc of all that involves the clash of heroes and villains.
The purpose of the raid being to quickly suppress the villain forces does not contradict that. The purpose of the villains to fight back against hero society only supports the need to show how they actually fight.

Not seeing a chapter of Redestro vs Edgeshot when far more important factors were occurring elsewhere I feel isn’t something you should be too bothered by.
Looking at how the heroes neutralize the biggest threats leading Villain uprising is pretty damn important if you ask me.
They aren't any less important than Ochako's minor skirmish with Toga.

I'm not too bothered by it, I'm expressing my opinion of something that I would have liked to see in a previous arc.

It was an ambush by the heroes at two places to defeat villains as fast as possible. It was a gamble to stop threats before they turned into a coordinated force. Characters were going to be beaten here because it wasn’t the end of many of their stories.

Gigantomachia is still going to be relevant in this war. The PLF leaders that were locked up will be relevant in this war I’m certain. Class 1-B have more chances to prove they are relevant.
Like, what would seeing Redestro vs Edgeshot even amount to? We barely know anything about Edgeshot and Redestro has had several moments by this point. It’s not like they’re rivals or anything, nor are they incredibly important characters in the grand scheme of what was happening at the time. Liked characters yes, but not important to events going forward.
With this logic, the PLF leaders and the 1-B students shouldn't be too relevant at all in the final arc either.

The premise has changed, but the underlying structure of the battle remains the same: the heroes set up an ambush to defeat the villains as fast as possible. Only now the villains are BFR'ed to multiple places instead to drastically reduce their coordination.

What would seeing any other fights not involving All For One or Shigaraki even amount to? We barely know anything about any of the villains and the students, and not counting the newly introduced villains whom we know nothing about, the LOV members and the students already had several moments by this point. It's not like they're vials or anything, nor are they incredibly important characters in the grand scheme of things of what is currently happening.

I don't think it should play out like that, but that remains to be seen even if I'm rather optimistic about it.

If Redestro were to fight Edgeshot in the CURRENT war, where it’s actually a battle on multiple fronts to show off and develop characters through direct do or die combat, then you can bet there would be chapters dedicated to it. But the ambush at the hospital and the villa simply did not create an environment where their battle should have taken center stage for a whole week, nor would Geten’s.
Like you would have to cut into some ridiculously important moments in that ambush very awkwardly to not have Redestro and Geten get off screened. Too much was happening for them to also get entire fights dedicated to them.
I disagree.

The final arc having battles in multiple fronts only makes the dedicated individual battles far more fitting, yes. It doesn't mean that it wasn't possible during the Jaku and Hospital Raid. Especially since multiple individual battles did happen in those raids anyways.

Like Gitagon said, literally a single chapter of a classic fast-paced MHA-type fight like in the Shie Hassaikai arc should be enough. A week being dedicated to the literal leaders of PLF fighting known heroes during the Raid does not make much of a difference when we do it now in the final arc, and it wouldn't be any more awkward either. There was no such restrictions in writing them, Horikoshi has to fumble to make them awkward.

That’s true, wonder who they are, maybe we get some crazy speed or AP feats?
If it was just High-Ends it would be fine, but if it was a group made specifically to deal with Deku plus some High-Ends it would be even better.

Either way I'm fine if this is just to show off Deku's new abilities and level of power.

I don't think Deku should arrive injured to his battle with Shigaraki, at the very least.

As I understand it, the reason why one would be inclined to think that the Jaku and Gunga Raid would not benefit from having additional fights is because we're thinking of keeping everything that happened as-is and inserting fights in between chapters.

Which indeed is very possible to somewhat derail the flow of the story at that point, if done poorly.

But not only do I believe Horikoshi has the writing skills to avoid that, but the PLF arc could have been written in a slightly different way that additional fights would have fit into the flow of the story.

But I digress, it already happened. We just have to wait and see if the current arc does it even better than the PLF arc.

I don't think Deku should arrive injured to his battle with Shigaraki, at the very least.
Deku should have a backup to show that the Heroes are now prepared in an instance like this. Even though they are described to be all hands on deck due to many retired heroes.

Hi, sorry if I change the subject for a moment, but I have a question. Is this calculation (which is not mine) set up well? Because I was told on a forum that this is the right calculation for the Heroes Rising feat, better than what is done here on VSB. What should I answer him?

Hi, sorry if I change the subject for a moment, but I have a question. Is this calculation (which is not mine) set up well? Because I was told on a forum that this is the right calculation for the Heroes Rising feat, better than what is done here on VSB. What should I answer him?
It mentions the island is a cylinder in shape, which has nothing to do with anything. They aren't showing where their px scaling is even coming from. The radius I get for the storm when I check with that scan is vastly different. I don't think they scaled this properly if they truly are using our island size. Though I highly doubt they are.

Where does 29200 m radius even come from? Why are they talking about the island, the island volume has nothing to do with the storm.

The method of scaling is confusing. They got the diameter in px, than half it for the radius, okay. But why are they dividing that by 34? That calc doesn't explain anything they're doing. I assume this probably came from somewhere where it was actually explain? But this calc is missing some critical information.

After that they multiply the radius they got from somewhere by 11.66 for some reason. I may be dumb, but I don't understand what is even happening.

Why is vaporization being used at all? When did they turn liquid water into vapor? Last I checked they blew away a storm. This calc is assuming a giant cylinder of liquid water is magically floating above the island and they vaporized it with large amount of heat. Ignoring the px scaling, the calc method to get energy is wrong.

Water disappearing can only be vaporization? Acting like water can't just be moved with force. Acting like the water magically vanished when we see the storm get blown away. They dispersed it, we're using KE because they blew all those clouds away with the giant shockwave.

They also didn't get rid of the entire storm either, only a part of it was blown away by their attack.

Decided I should make profiles for Slice and Mummy. Because why not? Sandbox

Am I missing anything they should have?
I’d suggest maybe limited body puppetry for mummy because of his control over peoples clothes and items but not them, but I’m not sure that’s right. (I’m quite sad, I’d like for him to have more abilities)
Also maybe them being High 8-C+ because mummy & slice not only scale far higher than Aoyama but iirc mummy deflected one of Aoyama’s Lasers, but I might be remembering wrong. Also Slice completely pierces through black Ankh and can attempt to hold her own against the enraged version (Though is quickly overwhelmed). This would mean to slice should atleast be high 8-C+ with slice (scaling would go Slice (quirk) >> Black Ankh >> Old Durability = ~5.13 tons).
Also doesn’t Bakugou always scale to 8.12 tons during heroes rising, so if Mummy somewhat keeps up he downscales via being weaker but not completely outclassed? (And does Mummy ever hurt Kirishima with hardening? I don’t remember if he does or not)

Mummy never hurts anyone, his attacks are all avoided.

Slice has no reason to scale to Aoyama's AP. Her blades piercing a 5.13 Ton character isn't enough for upscaling.

Putting those symbols means nothing. They're an unknown amount higher.

Mummy never hurts anyone, his attacks are all avoided.

Slice has no reason to scale to Aoyama's AP. Her blades piercing a 5.13 Ton character isn't enough for upscaling.
Oh no I thought Mummy did something against Aoyama but I rewatched the fight,
Slice Completely went through black Ankh which is already mich stronger than dark shadow which was 5.13 tons, that’s what I meant.
but yeah ignore me, I dumb

I wish slices danmaku attack on the shipyard (she should still have one scene of it) was a single attack instead of the multiple tiny ones, idk why but I just want more ap feats no I don’t like explosions wdym

Since Deku took the 47 ton shockwave while very weakened, is it possible that true base Deku can be upscaled to baseline 8-B+? It’ll only be by 1.06x

Last edited:
Also Endeavor needs Breath Attack and Limited Body Control (Was shown breathing fire, and was able to make a limb out of fire)
Breath attack is fine. But Body Control is a no go. He's always been able to make a fire fist, that is what his Vanishing Fist move does.

He isn't controlling his body, he's controlling his fire.

Also I don't see anything that suggest his power was increasing. Him going ham because he's mad doesn't mean he is stronger.

Not sure how forming a limb out of fire is body control. He's just condensing his fire in a single location. Also kinda iffy on rage power. He's kinda just angry and better focused on the fight now, he's not really explicitly becoming more powerful because of rage. Hell, the panel you posted doesn't even mention rage or anger.

Edit: Ninjaed. Damn.

Opinions on this?
I dislike upscaling that isn't from a one shot. So I say no because I don't want it.

However I highly doubt something like that would be acceptable, being injured doesn't decrease your durability like that. And there isn't anything to say he wasn't even injured by it. He's already covered in wounds so it'd be hard to tell. Ill just treat it as it is and won't speculate about anything else.

I dislike upscaling that isn't from a one shot. So I say no because I don't want it.

However I highly doubt something like that would be acceptable, being injured doesn't decrease your durability like that. And there isn't anything to say he wasn't even injured by it. He's already covered in wounds so it'd be hard to tell. Ill just treat it as it is and won't speculate about anything else.
Where is Therefir at

Does danger sense have a stated range? It should be hundred of meters at least since it was able to detect Shigiraki’s hostile intent back at Jaku

Back