• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No because upscaling rules down allow past 1.2x
Pretty sure the scaling multiplier was discarded in favor of case-by-case basis.

That's how Saitama got 5-B despite Garou's feat being more than 1.2x weaker than 5-B.

However, I'm not trying to say that adding 5% or 8% to other keys is a good idea, Deku in the story no longer uses those percentages, so it would be weird for them to appear in current keys, even though I would like to have a fight with current Deku with all his skills and Quirks but with his 8% power.

I feel like he would use them if necessary (More power than base but less than 30%, likely mostly made of characters who are low in 8-B). but i can see why you'd say that

Pretty sure the scaling multiplier was discarded in favor of case-by-case basis.

That's how Saitama got 5-B despite Garou's feat being more than 1.2x weaker than 5-B.

However, I'm not trying to say that adding 5% or 8% to other keys is a good idea, Deku in the story no longer uses those percentages, so it would be weird for them to appear in current keys, even though I would like to have a fight with current Deku with all his skills and Quirks but with his 8% power.
Maybe a note on his profile that he's allowed to use them? Because there is no world where Deku is fighting without Full Cowl in character, and he has percentages in his tier that he regularly used, they just got outscaled by his control increasing. If anything, Deku later on would have perfect control to go to lower percentages if he wanted to, he just doesn't because he's not fighting people that require those percentages.

And Air Force should be allowed regardless since it is just as variable and he just needs to use a percentage that is relative to his current Full Cowl strength.
Unrelated to the current discussion, but what up to what chapter would abilities be allowed to be added to a character's page?
You mean when can we start adding abilities to people?

Yeah. I've been working on an overhaul of the All For One page for the past week or so, and I'm not sure how far I should go as far as adding Quirks and keys to his page.
Nothing that he has shown in this fight. Anything from and after the Star and Stripe fight is basically on hold.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. On that note, though, could I add information about his Quirk revealed in the current fight, like how he is constantly suppressing the consciousnesses of the previous owners of his stolen Quirks, and how they can revolt against him?

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. On that note, though, could I add information about his Quirk revealed in the current fight, like how he is constantly suppressing the consciousnesses of the previous owners of his stolen Quirks, and how they can revolt against him?
Best not to mention much of anything from the current fight.

He does not constantly suppress the consciousnesses of the previous owners of the Quirks he's stolen. This is the first time anything like this has happened to him, and he's never had to do anything like this. We still don't really know why this is happening now, since it didn't happen in his fight with All Might. Best not to mention things like this.

Still not over Prime AFO possibly showing soon. Like that is absolutely insane to me that he had a failsafe in play that would make him even stronger. We are going to see the literal legendary villain that is only speculated about, the guy who put a hole in AM's side, likely even with the same quirks he had during that fight.

THAT is someone that is worth Deku ignoring Shigaraki to go fight instead.

Still not over Prime AFO possibly showing soon. Like that is absolutely insane to me that he had a failsafe in play that would make him even stronger. We are going to see the literal legendary villain that is only speculated about, the guy who put a hole in AM's side, likely even with the same quirks he had during that fight.

THAT is someone that is worth Deku ignoring Shigaraki to go fight instead.
Unless shigaraki
is on par with prime afo

@Therefir
1. Anyone scale to iida being able to throw open the USJ doors himself?
2. Any calcs done on iida shattering the Large quantities of ice in his fight against mudman (JT Arc)

Unless shigaraki
is on par with prime afo
He is body wise comparable to Prime AM already (at least in speed), so being on par with Prime AFO is kinda a given.

What actually matters are the quirks he had during that time, if they return with him. It’s been ~7 years since his fight with AM so I want to see what he had back then if he rewinds that far back.

Also this means Shigaraki/Deku have a higher chance of being the ones to kill him which would be incredibly satisfying. Best case scenario is they team up on Prime AFO and kill him before fighting each other.

Also this just opened the door of Eri rewinding All Might to his prime to fight AFO again.

I personally don’t know if that is the direction Horikoshi is going, but it would be cool to have a rematch between the two masters. Also would answer the question of if OFA can exist twice over due to rewind.

Really, Prime AFO being back, WHICH IS STILL ******* WILD, has opened a lot of doors for the story in terms of escalating confrontation.

@Therefir
1. Anyone scale to iida being able to throw open the USJ doors himself?
2. Any calcs done on iida shattering the Large quantities of ice in his fight against mudman (JT Arc)
1. The weight of the door itself is being supported by an unknown mechanism.

2. Doubt it could even pass 9-A.

1. The weight of the door itself is being supported by an unknown mechanism.

2. Doubt it could even pass 9-A.
1. Sadge (I’m guessing it only scales to all might yeeting them? Even then it’s a supporting feat at best)
2. Fair enough, I kinda just wanna see what happens

I wanted to, but it looks way too complicated, especially when there's 20+ people in one group let's just make Therefir do it

I see no issues with his durability being that high.

Also it's not like somebody scales from this Base Deku.
I mean we could use it as an excuse for Iida and other upscaling 8-B’s but wait would that mean we also treat base Deku VH as low 7-C?
i jest I jest

At least it's still a minor upgrade, and Rusty was salty we were upscaling Base Deku to 8-B, so this calc takes care of that.

At least it's still a minor upgrade, and Rusty was salty we were upscaling Base Deku to 8-B, so this calc takes care of that.
So like this takes out multiple of base Deku’s matches right? (Well like, nearly all of them aside from eren and Levi, who both have weaponry which can hurt him)

Base Izuku having 8-B durability is pure garbage in general.

But yeah an actual calc giving this rating is much better. At least this should kill the majority of base Izuku matches for his Final Act self. I know people can still find away, but making those matches harder is always a plus.

Current All Might scales since his body is strong enough to withstand 100% of OFA without damage, meaning he's more durable than current Izuku.

Base Izuku having 8-B durability is pure garbage in general.

But yeah an actual calc giving this rating is much better. At least this should kill the majority of base Izuku matches for his Final Act self. I know people can still find away, but making those matches harder is always a plus.

Current All Might scales since his body is strong enough to withstand 100% of OFA without damage, meaning he's more durable than current Izuku.
Nah nah nah, his bodies durable enough to handle 100% so he must be hundreds of times more durable, low 7-B current all might

Back