• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also this just opened the door of Eri rewinding All Might to his prime to fight AFO again.

I personally don’t know if that is the direction Horikoshi is going, but it would be cool to have a rematch between the two masters. Also would answer the question of if OFA can exist twice over due to rewind.

Really, Prime AFO being back, WHICH IS STILL ******* WILD, has opened a lot of doors for the story in terms of escalating confrontation.
It sounds like he's gonna try to return to his Prime, but because he's never tested it, it could get him killed, hence why he said villains are prepared to risk their lives as well

@Therefir in all seriousness why couldn’t we scale VH base Deku to his durability, even if it’s just downscaling. Nooo I totally don’t want to have it make some sort of sense for my monkey brain for them to be the same tier

Trust me, I have tried to scale Base Deku to his durability, Damage never allowed me to do so.

Trust me, I have tried to scale Base Deku to his durability, Damage never allowed me to do so.
But that makes so much sense???
like for pre final act I get it (JT and ja beginnings) because why would he use OFA 8% or 5% if it provides no boost in pwr/spd, but EA and VH? Those two have no percentages in tier 8 and both should be around 8-B durability (EA is so close i just count it lol), so why can’t we.
He just stopped using 8% and we’re like, what no impossible, he can’t be comparable to the OFA percentage he never uses now

Bro I leave for 3 minutes and always come back to some wild stuff going on.

8-B Final Act Deku is finally here thank god now his matches can start dying out. And with the addition of a “can use all of his percentages,” note for his profiles, we can not deal with practically any Base Deku spam. The world is a great place.

Bro I leave for 3 minutes and always come back to some wild stuff going on.

8-B Final Act Deku is finally here thank god now his matches can start dying out. And with the addition of a “can use all of his percentages,” note for his profiles, we can not deal with practically any Base Deku spam. The world is a great place.
Lmao you think that’s gonna make his matches die out?
hell no first thing I’m doing is tighten vs Deku

@Therefir but anyways serious note, given that base Deku now has durability nearly at 8-B+ (46.98 x 1.2 is 56.376 tons, or people more durable than physically wrecked Deku could be 8-B+), it makes no logical sense his ap is so much lower, I think you have a much better case now (especially because the awakened Tomura getting 8-A durability went through)

@Therefir but anyways serious note, given that base Deku now has durability nearly at 8-B+ (46.98 x 1.2 is 56.376 tons, or people more durable than physically wrecked Deku could be 8-B+), it makes no logical sense his ap is so much lower, I think you have a much better case now (especially because the awakened Tomura getting 8-A durability went through)
Bro I was trying to get Shigaraki's AP to 8-A too via Newton's Third Law and shit like that but like with Therefir's attempt, Damage wouldn't allow it

(46.98 x 1.2 is 56.376 tons, or people more durable than physically wrecked Deku could be 8-B+)
We don't multiply calc results by 1.2X when upscaling.

8-B+ starts at 55.5 Tons.
The calc's result is 46.98 Tons.
The 1-1.2 difference is the common referenced limit used for upscaling.

55.5 ÷ 46.98 = 1.1813537676/1.18
1.18 fits within the 1-1.2 limit.
So anyone who can wreck Deku's 8-B durability can qualify to upscale to 8-B+.

IIRC wasn't his reason being that: A character can get Durability scaling from their AP/SS, but they can't get AP/SS scaling from their Durability.
Don't remember, but stopping its force would require an equal and opposite force, for even the moment before Decay begins. And that's under the assumption that Decay happens the very moment contact is made, which we know to not be the case.

It doesn't make any sense to scale Shiggy to Re-Destro's actual physical strength. And there is nothing to suggest he scales to the shockwave, unless you can provide evidence he stopped the shockwave with his striking strength? He didn't stop Re-Destro's attack with pure force either.

A far weaker Re-Destro was able to cause severe damage to Shigaraki with an indirect hit, and with it being heavily implied he would killed him with a direct hit. So he isn't scaling to Re-Destro physically strength, he's vastly inferior and is not comparable in anyway. If Re-Destro gets upgraded to 7-A or whatever, Shiggy stays 8-A via the calc. Because we agreed that he only scales to the 8-A shockwave that was made from him destroying and weakening Re-Destro's attack.

And there isn't any evidence that he matched the shockwave itself with his striking strength. Also he wouldn't be blown away by the attack since Re-Destro went to crush him, regardless of his action Shiggy would not have been sent flying. He'd have died, but that is besides the point.

I don't see how his AP scales to that shockwave. We don't scale AP to Durability without evidence. Durability scales to physical striking strength because that is an actual feat for their durability. But having a certain level of durability doesn't mean anything for your own striking strength.

Half the pages I read say “should be comparable to their durability” and then don’t link a calc or number in the durability section, just a video.

The return of Hori's sketches spoilers. I hope it is these guys rather than just standard High-ends though I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 High-ends tossed in. Or it might be foreign heroes or Star's jets though those should be at the floating UA fortress.

Oh now this could be interesting. A special Deku fight squad from AFO, paralleling the Shigaraki fight squad? Only question would be how on earth they know where he is during his travel, though if the villains have any communications, relaying the direction he’s headed wouldn’t be THAT hard. It would go the same for the SnS jets too, they wouldn’t be able to pinpoint Deku’s position and scramble that fast either if they had their own roles already. It would also explain why he’s looking with a more distressed expression than a hopeful one if he saw an ally.

Regardless, if it really is a group of villains AFO picked to fight him, they must have crazy good coordination or quirks to counter his own (5 quirks to counter his most commonly used ones [Float, Fa Jin/Super Strength, Blackwhip, Smokescreen, Danger Sense]. Set up for the 2nds quirk to be necessary?) And to further the Shigaraki parallels, Deku is in a location where a lot of his combat options are taken away; the ocean.

No Faux 100%, no way to easily build up Fa Jin (especially since he’s been using it to fly so he’s at very little built up energy right now), no cover to take advantage of his bouncing maneuvers or use in conjunction with Smokescreen, all of them can seemingly fly so no Float advantage and a lot of room to dodge Blackwhip. He’s similarly as limited as Shigaraki, though unintentionally, and even he might get countered beyond the environment. So this could actually be an incredibly badass and difficult battle if it truly is them.

Would also mean a current Full Cowl% reveal? And any fights with Deku are guaranteed to be top tier.

Last edited:
Assuming we go back there and not linger on Deku for a bit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see that battlefield for a couple weeks, that cliffhanger is absolutely insane and it just had some super hype scenes, might be time for a switch up.
Painful part of this war is how many things we’re kinda not seeing:

- AFO getting reverted to his prime state
  • Shigaraki growing massive
  • Deku having to fight the “henchmen” in the air
  • Toga vs Ochako
  • Dabi’s possible regen and fate

Painful part of this war is how many things we’re kinda not seeing:

- AFO getting reverted to his prime state
  • Shigaraki growing massive
  • Deku having to fight the “henchmen” in the air
  • Toga vs Ochako
  • Dabi’s possible regen and fate
It’s set up for when we come back to it. All these things are happening at nearly the same time, and the constant shifting makes it chaotic like how a real multi-front battle is.

Painful yes, but worth it if the execution and payoff for each battle is worth it

Just reread from the Dark Deku Arc to the present chapters, and it is better than I remember. Like I still don't have the hype I did when the first War Arc was going on, but I do like the recent stuff more now after a reread. I've always said that contents true worth can't be judged from initial reactions and you need to sit and revisit things later on, and I'm glad that's the case with MHA

Right now at least Shoto vs Dabi (maybe Part 1?) Is over and the AFO Jakku fight should be halfway.

I could see next week and the few chapters after that cutting away from AFO and focusing on Deku. Then either the Ochako fight or part of the Shigaraki fight will be shown.

The Ochako fight can be shown in full same way as Shoto's fight in like 4 dedicated chapters.

Shigaraki vs other heroes only needs 2 to 3 chapters depending on if he stomps them or not.

Back