• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The way we treat Intelligence feels sorta crappy in a way.
There are many characters that could qualify as Extraordinary Genius but can still be outsmarted by a Genius characters or even lower.
Multiple intelligence is a thing. Garaki is at least Genius given his work on the Nomus and Quirk replication but in terms of combat or strategy he's not even close to someone like Hawks or Aizawa.

So Garaki essentially reverse engineered the quirk erasing bullet to not affect the quirk, but the user it seems. I think that’s the greatest intelligence feat in the series
He can already resurrect the dead with part of their personalities and memories intact. That seems way more impressive to me.

If he wasn't obsessed with creating Nomus he could genuinely bring people back to life. The added quirks is what messes with Nomus intelligence. Plus there is also the control aspect like with Kurogiri.

But if he purely made a Nomu without cramming in extra quirks or mind controls, that's basically beating death. And even someone who had brain injuries as a cause of death like Shirakumo was brought back to life

I think it’s safe to say now that current endeavor could dogwalk anyone in the first war arc
“Anyone” oh we talking bold bold now.

He would definitely do better vs Shiggy no cap, but Shiggy is still stronger and faster with regen so he would just tank through Endeavor when he does the flame fist.

Machia is Machia, we don’t know wtf he does in an actual fight yet but Endeavor probably beats him.

PLF War Deku still dog walks everyone in the verse except himself and Prime AM level peeps

Dabi probably still beats endeavor tbh if this move he does next is what I think it is.

Everyone else gets bodied though true.

Endeavor is like the 5th strongest in the verse right now though and half the top 5 is AFO/OFA so gg.

ALSO HOLY **** FINALLY

AFO HAS A QUIRK I WANTED HIM TO HAVE

A GOD DAMN FORCE FIELD

That’s a pretty big addition to his Arsenal ESPECIALLY when it was able to block Endeavor’s flame fist aka strongest move for a time. AND he can do layers of it?? About time AFO whipped out a quirk that someone like him would definitely have.

Also LMAO we were just talking about how Endeavor needs some LS feats and here he is grappling with AFO and dragging him around. Class T Endeavor is here

Star can kill everyone in the series except for Shigaraki because regen and personality issues. If she doesn’t have Tiamat then she gets folded by him eventually because he inherited the cockroach powers of AFO.

Other than that, “Air doesn’t exist” = GG for everyone, nothing to really do about it. AP wise she’s weaker than Endeavor by her own words though.

Okay Endeavor is a god damn monster, he is going all in. Also I knew AFO was going to be reminded of All Might's battle with him in their prime. A wounded hero should never be underestimated, AFO's biggest mistake in this battle was not taking them 100% seriously. I know he wasn't intentionally holding back tons of power.

But he should been more aggressive in his attacks, by the time he started to he had already begun to slow down. Endeavor came down hard on him, pointing out that his Prominence Burn can't be used yet since AFO is blocking the heat with his Quirk defense. So he needs to break those defense with physical attacks first.

AFO has slowed down, Hawks boosting Endeavor got right up to his face and he barely put his guard up in time. Also AFO used some kind of three layered forcefield and Endeavor went straight through it. I think he is hurting AFO, will need to see the clear scans but it looks like he got bruised or blood from being dragged.

Endeavor's casual heat vision was the best thing I've ever seen. And it made AFO scream in pain so that is a genuine plus.

Now the ending... God why didn't I see anyone call this? The doctor was able to reverse engineer Eri's Quirk, he was able to make more bullets. So of course it wouldn't be surprising for him to have done other things as well. He figured out how to copy and make more of her power, so AFO using that power here makes sense.

I don't know if AFO is using Eri's Quirk or if he had a special bullet or something on his person. Since he doesn't grow a horn I assume he isn't just using her power like that. Regardless there is a draw back. I doubt AFO is just going back to his Prime again without issue, there has to be something wrong with this. Since AFO himself said he was ready to risk his life as well. If he could just rewind back without any issue he would've done so already. Maybe he wasn't certain that it would work at all? Or maybe there is a draw back in general with doing this? Eri's power is kind of based on speculation on how it works, since the only way to find out is trial and error.

Next chapter may not give us anything either, we may cut back with Izuku. Though it seems like he is going to be preoccupied with something else.

The first user senses trouble and multiple things are coming towards him. But this can't be AFO's plan. Since he had no way of knowing about any of this, he was caught off guard too. If he can't find Shigaraki I doubt he figure out where Izuku was outside of Japan and send people while fighting Endeavor and the others.

I wonder if the first user is sensing AFO's rewinding, and the people we see coming towards Izuku are not what he felt.

I have no idea who is coming towards Izuku, however they're coming from the direction he was already heading. Meaning they're from Japan. It doesn't look like he is looking behind himself, so either these are villains after him that somehow tracked him. Or this is something from Japan sent to help him arrive faster.

Maybe Star and Stripes' team was sent out to pick him up?

This was another amazing chapter.

Okay Endeavor is a god damn monster, he is going all in. Also I knew AFO was going to be reminded of All Might's battle with him in their prime. A wounded hero should never be underestimated, AFO's biggest mistake in this battle was not taking them 100% seriously. I know he wasn't intentionally holding back tons of power.

But he should been more aggressive in his attacks, by the time he started to he had already begun to slow down. Endeavor came down hard on him, pointing out that his Prominence Burn can't be used yet since AFO is blocking the heat with his Quirk defense. So he needs to break those defense with physical attacks first.

AFO has slowed down, Hawks boosting Endeavor got right up to his face and he barely put his guard up in time. Also AFO used some kind of three layered forcefield and Endeavor went straight through it. I think he is hurting AFO, will need to see the clear scans but it looks like he got bruised or blood from being dragged.

Endeavor's casual heat vision was the best thing I've ever seen. And it made AFO scream in pain so that is a genuine plus.

Now the ending... God why didn't I see anyone call this? The doctor was able to reverse engineer Eri's Quirk, he was able to make more bullets. So of course it wouldn't be surprising for him to have done other things as well. He figured out how to copy and make more of her power, so AFO using that power here makes sense.

I don't know if AFO is using Eri's Quirk or if he had a special bullet or something on his person. Since he doesn't grow a horn I assume he isn't just using her power like that. Regardless there is a draw back. I doubt AFO is just going back to his Prime again without issue, there has to be something wrong with this. Since AFO himself said he was ready to risk his life as well. If he could just rewind back without any issue he would've done so already. Maybe he wasn't certain that it would work at all? Or maybe there is a draw back in general with doing this? Eri's power is kind of based on speculation on how it works, since the only way to find out is trial and error.

Next chapter may not give us anything either, we may cut back with Izuku. Though it seems like he is going to be preoccupied with something else.

The first user senses trouble and multiple things are coming towards him. But this can't be AFO's plan. Since he had no way of knowing about any of this, he was caught off guard too. If he can't find Shigaraki I doubt he figure out where Izuku was outside of Japan and send people while fighting Endeavor and the others.

I wonder if the first user is sensing AFO's rewinding, and the people we see coming towards Izuku are not what he felt.

I have no idea who is coming towards Izuku, however they're coming from the direction he was already heading. Meaning they're from Japan. It doesn't look like he is looking behind himself, so either these are villains after him that somehow tracked him. Or this is something from Japan sent to help him arrive faster.

Maybe Star and Stripes' team was sent out to pick him up?

This was another amazing chapter.
Yeah I can’t believe no one thought of the doctor making reverse engineered Quirk Erasers. He had access to them for months, why wouldn’t he explore the possibilities of a Quirk like rewind? Whether AFO goes back to his Prime or not, I think it’s safe to say that this final gambit is not going to be pleasant.

For Deku, I’m thinking it’s either the SnS team come to get him, villains that somehow knew he was there, or it’s other heroes from other countries, and they were on their way to Japan before the fighting started, but he caught up because he’s faster.

Next chapter I think will either be fully Deku or go back to Endeavor so Hori can explain what AFO is doing. I cannot wait for next week, this chapter is absolutely insane.

Wouldn't Shoji and Shishida scale? Since they are apparently the strongest 1st year students without using a Quirk

Wouldn't Shoji and Shishida scale? Since they are apparently the strongest 1st year students without using a Quirk
Probably, also means that Unbreakable Kirishima would scale, along with most likely fat gum (given he’s just all around superior). Along with Mirio who Horikoshi has just outright said is superior
I’d think other physically strong members of 1-A like 5% or maybe JT-VH Base Deku (just given the massive growth he had) would downscale

Well, that's not exactly base Deku, is it? Do you mean, should Deku with his Quirk only be restricted to certain percentages and no higher?
Essentially yeah. Deku matches where it’s literally just him or maybe he has the other quirks, are RIDICULOUSLY popular, but it’s kinda ignoring the fundamental principle of “he’s allowed to use things that aren’t beyond his tier.”

If OFA in its entirety is restricted, including the other quirks, then it’d be fine (though not applicable to any profile), but most matches seem to just want Anime Spider-Man to fight people without the strength that would make him one shot.

Or we could just add previous percentages to his profiles like we did a long time ago.

It’s not like that would even make his profiles incredibly cluttered considering how OTHER profiles are formatted on the wiki

Or we could just add previous percentages to his profiles like we did a long time ago.

It’s not like that would even make his profiles incredibly cluttered considering how OTHER profiles are formatted on the wiki
If we give it to other Deku’s would they be stronger than the original? (Like 5% would be baseline high 8-C+)

Back