• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Note I never said it was about them reacting. My only gripe currently is that the lasers pushing Shigaraki was cited as a reason against the lasers being light speed at all. Lest you forget I was one of the people to fully agree that she was hit by the lasers before changing them.

I was saying that that was a moment in the series where it could have been light speed, but it didn’t happen, so it’s unlikely we’ll ever get something like that again outside of Radio Waves or the 2nds quirk for whatever reason.

I wouldn’t call that “fish memory”

The jet lasers lack any actual true proof of being lightspeed.
Don’t they come from a realistic source though (a futuristic jet), and they diffuse like an actual laser would on impact against Shigaraki (instead of causing cuts like Nine’s lasers, they burn through Shigaraki via heat radiation)

Note I never said it was about them reacting. My only gripe currently is that the lasers pushing Shigaraki was cited as a reason against the lasers being light speed at all. Lest you forget I was one of the people to fully agree that she was hit by the lasers before changing them.
I'm pretty sure only one person was saying that. And I explained back then that wasn't proof against anything. I could be wrong but I remember it being made pretty clear that it just didn't have enough evidence to support being light speed. Regardless of her reacting to it or not.

Don’t they come from a realistic source though (a futuristic jet), and they diffuse like an actual laser would on impact against Shigaraki (instead of causing cuts like Nine’s lasers, they burn through Shigaraki via heat radiation)
That isn't a realistic source, they don't exist in reality. And we have no reason to assume they're the same as a theoretical laser weapons. A realistic source is coming from something that 100% produces light, like the flash of a camera, a laser pointer, or a light bulb. This is worthless by itself and means nothing.

Shigaraki's reflect is supernatural/magic in nature, which is basically worthless as proof. And if you just mean it hitting him... that means nothing. A laser can also cut through things as well, they'd leave burns but they can slice just like Endeavor's Hell Spider. So I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Obviously not saying anything about Nine, which aren't even called lasers and are just generic energy beams.

I’m sorry there’s a what
Penny lasers being argued light speed so the whole verse is gonna be light speed if accepted.

I think it’s wrong but apparently no one cares enough to go hard on stopping RWBY from being light speed off a single feat with less reasons to be light speed than EITHER Aoyama’s laser or the jet lasers, but whatever, not my verse.

Lasers have always been able to push/move things with their force.

If you in space and you turn on a flashlight, you will be slightly pushed backwards.

You bet I was the one who made that 🗿
Fair amount of money I would bet
Penny lasers being argued light speed so the whole verse is gonna be light speed if accepted.

I think it’s wrong but apparently no one cares enough to go hard on stopping RWBY from being light speed off a single feat with less reasons to be light speed than EITHER Aoyama’s laser or the jet lasers, but whatever, not my verse.
Aoyama’s laser is literally called light by thirteen who still has pocket black hole and I’m scared of it. Penny has so little reason to be light speed if she can still be caught by regular bullet. I say that this site has favoritism for RWBY for a reason like accepting a mid tier doing a feat 32x faster than the rest of the cast, and that being the only MHS feat

I got them. They all come from this booklet. I can't find the scans online, so I just took my own pictures, so yeah the quality and lightning isn't the best.

1, 2, and 3. Third scan is just to show the open book in general. Also in the movie you can see Flect shoot out air pressure from those little mirror things as well.

And those energy beams are never even called lasers to my knowledge, however I admit I could be wrong on that part.

Stupid question but what concrete evidence actually confirms Aoyama’s lasers aren’t SOL? They’re said to be made of light multiple times by both Hagakure AND Thirteen, they can reflect off of stuff, and them pushing Aoyama isn’t necessarily a debunk either

Stupid question but what concrete evidence actually confirms Aoyama’s lasers aren’t SOL? They’re said to be made of light multiple times by both Hagakure AND Thirteen, they can reflect off of stuff, and them pushing Aoyama isn’t necessarily a debunk either
Because they clearly don't move at lightspeed despite being made of light.

His laser is basically Light to me, just that it doesn't move at light speed. Fiction can do stuff like this because it is fiction. Either Mina has a feat over hundreds of times faster than Faux 100%, or clearly his laser isn't meant to be lightspeed. Other projectiles are shown to be comparable to it in speed. Speed of Light tape once again?

Because they clearly don't move at lightspeed despite being made of light.

His laser is basically Light to me, just that it doesn't move at light speed. Fiction can do stuff like this because it is fiction. Either Mina has a feat over hundreds of times faster than Faux 100%, or clearly his laser isn't meant to be lightspeed. Other projectiles are shown to be comparable to it in speed. Speed of Light tape once again?
Yeah.

What people have to understand is that the qualifiers on the Light Feats page don't inherently prove that these lasers are lightspeed. But prove that they can be, and that it is safe to accept them as such.

Something in fiction like Aoyama's laser can still fulfill some of the qualifications with other factors disproving it to be actually the speed of light.

On a serious note though, I feel that artistic choices shouldn’t instantly debunk something being lightspeed, like in One Piece, a lot of the light beams don’t actually LOOK like they’re moving at the speed of light

On a serious note though, I feel that artistic choices shouldn’t instantly debunk something being lightspeed, like in One Piece, a lot of the light beams don’t actually LOOK like they’re moving at the speed of light
What does that have to do with anything?

🗿 My point is that the reasoning for Aoyama’s beam not being SoL can be boiled down to things that fall under artistic liberty, such as Aoyama’s beam not LOOKING like it’s moving at the speed of light
How does something look like the speed of light?

That has nothing to do with Aoyama laser not being light speed. It's Horikoshi clearly having characters dodge/react to his laser who are most certainly not light speed or relativistic, and show that other projectiles are equal to it in speed. Unless you have evidence that the laser being comparable to the other projectiles is just artwork or whatever you're talking about? And is actually 100% light speed?

Either we have to assume Horikoshi is dumb and he really meant for Aoyama's laser to be light speed despite nothing supporting it. Or that his navel laser isn't light speed. Unless you really believe Mina having speed hundreds of times better than Faux 100% isn't absurd?

he also reshapes it into hard light, so not looking really good for it being lightspeed
Woah, I don't think he's ever does anything like that.

Have I forgotten something? And I'm not okay with giving him that ability without it being stated.

Woah, I don't think he's ever does anything like that.

Have I forgotten something? And I'm not okay with giving him that ability without it being stated.
I think he was referring to when Aoyama made a beam sword from his belly and used it to cut Victory Bots.

I think he was referring to when Aoyama made a beam sword from his belly and used it to cut Victory Bots.
I mean that isn't hard light unless it's stated to be it.

Just means his laser doesn't act like light (Which is further evidence against lightspeed yes). Not that he has the ability to turn it into hard light or something.

So about this calc, having a High 8-C Kirishima at Class M (20,000 tons) is probably not a good idea considering how often characters can destroy objects and then don't get pushed by that same amount of force later on.

We're also still getting lifting strength from a striking feat, and considering how 8% Deku struggles to lift a steel beam, it's more likely to be an outlier than anything else.

If Fat Gum doesn't get pushed by Rappa's attacks, it's probably because he is heavier and tougher than Kirishima, and not because he has Class M in lifting strength (his fat also absorbs the energy of attacks).

So about this calc, having a High 8-C Kirishima at Class M (20,000 tons) is probably not a good idea considering how often characters can destroy objects and then don't get pushed by that same amount of force later on.
I'm uncertain by what you mean? Do you have anti-feats of the characters that scale to this having lifting strength lower than what is calculated here?

8% Izuku has nothing to do with this, he doesn't scale. The Fat Gum thing absorbing energy is something I didn't considered though. Not sure what to think about that.

The person doing the striking isn't scaling to this in Lifting Strength. How is this any different than someone catching an object which causes the floor to crack? The only difference is this is happening horizontally and not straight down. Does that disprove it or something?

The calc being applicable to lifting strength is ridiculous by itself, you are just calculating the destructive force behind Rappa's punches and then applying it to Fat Gum's lifting strength when he just needs to be more durable than Kirishima.

Imagine if we calculated the force behind All Might punches and then applied to All For One because he can stop his punches without getting pushed, it's more stupid the more I think about it.
I'm uncertain by what you mean? Do you have anti-feats of the characters that scale to this having lifting strength lower than what is calculated here?
Kirishima and Fat Gum have no feats even close to being 20,000 tons.

This is not a Class M feat, it's not even an actual lifting strength feat, and High 8-C characters being 20 times stronger than 30% Deku makes no sense.

Last edited:
The calc being applicable to lifting strength is ridiculous by itself, you are just calculating the destructive force behind Rappa's punches and then applying it to Fat Gum's lifting strength when he just needs to be more durable than Kirishima.
That didn't answer my question. And yeah they don't have any feats. Can you name how many Shinso has that is Large Building level? Are we downgrading Shinso and others back to 9-B+ and 9-A again since they don't have any feats? Them not having the "feats" isn't relevant. Kirishima has a feat of withstanding Rappa's strikes which produce a certain amount of KG of force. This is his feat right there. Can you provide the anti-feat which shows his LS isn't that high? Is that really too much to ask?

What does destructive force have anything to do with it being invalid? I calculated how much force was generate by Rappa when he punched Kirishima into the wall. If Kirishima can withstand a barrage of those punching without being sent flying, that mean he is applying equal level of force against Rappa's strikes.

If this is wrong for Kirishima to scale to in the first place, then okay that is something different than what you're saying. I can accept it if this isn't LS for him.

You know I was going to ask other calc group members, check more feats, and take this slow. Kind of taking me off guard here.

That didn't answer my question. And yeah they don't have any feats. Can you name how many Shinso has that is Large Building level? Are we downgrading Shinso and others back to 9-B+ and 9-A again since they don't have any feats?
False equivalence, Shinso hurting Deku is a High 8-C feat by itself.
What does destructive force have anything to do with it being invalid? I calculated how much force was generate by Rappa when he punched Kirishima into the wall.
Characters being able to stop punches from other characters has never been evidence supporting the scaling of their lifting strength, so why would this case be any different now?

Seriously I could easily calculate the force behind 5% Deku's punches or kicks and then find feats of his opponents not being pushed by his attacks.

This has nothing to do with lifting strength, it's just a durability feat.

This is not a Class M feat, it's not even an actual lifting strength feat, and High 8-C characters being 20 times stronger than 30% Deku makes no sense.
If this isn't an actual lifting strength feat, that is fine I even stated that I wasn't sure if what I have works at all when I posted it.

A calc that might upgrade Fat Gum and Unbreakable Kirishima's Lifting Strength to Class M. Not entirely sure if what I have here works at all.

I just don't get why you came in saying it's an outlier without any evidence to support it at all. Being stronger than 30% Izuku? So what? LS and Striking Strength are different. That is nothing more than an argument of incredibility, just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it isn't true.

You need to bring up evidence that he is meant to be inferior in Lifting Strength, and that 30%'s feats would scale below his making it an outlier.

Seriously this is out of nowhere. Especially when you said it was alright. Regardless I was going to ask other calc group members, I wasn't just going to add it to the profiles. I feel like this is very sudden and aggressive, maybe I'm just in a depressing mood right now but this is a little unnerving for me.

Once again, if the calc isn't fine... That is fine by me. Alright?

I'll still be asking other calc group members, as stopping punching and push back against them is accepted as Lifting Strength. Which is what Kirishima was doing.

You know I was going to ask other calc group members, check more feats, and take this slow. Kind of taking me off guard here.
Sorry for the sudden change of mind, but this has been bugging me ever since I accepted the feat, just trying to be clear I'm against it now.

You should be able to ask @Damage3245 and @CloverDragon03 about it.

Sorry for the sudden change of mind, but this has been bugging me ever since I accepted the feat, just trying to be clear I'm against it now.

You could ask @Damage3245 and @CloverDragon03 about it.
If they don't think it should scale to LS I'll drop it completely. Like I said I didn't have much fate in it at all.

I feel like an idiot right now.

Before I make myself look even more stupid. Would Nighteye's feat of throwing a seal and cracking the wall count as LS strength, from his attack against the Rappa Clone. I know throwing a heavy object is LS, but I'm not certain if that would be considered LS. I'd rather ask now before actually doing it.

Guess I probably should've ask in the first place before making that dumb thing.

I'm sorry for making this into an issue and talking like that. I don't know how to control myself that well right now. I know that isn't an excuse itself, but I hope to be more respectful.

Back