• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Fine.
Anyways you want all nomu showings? Aka all the chapters they show up in (can’t spell the other word)
I've memorized way too much of this series. Since when watching the trailer I could easily tell what chapter they happened in without looking it up.

I'm a very sad individual. Yet I strangely forget random stuff, some of which can be important.

For a Nomu profile I'd split them up based on their tier. Lower, Middle, and Upper-Tier Nomu.

Not certain if I should put a High-End key, or a Near High-End key, since characters do actually scale to the Near High-Ends.

I've memorized way too much of this series. Since when watching the trailer I could easily tell what chapter they happened in without looking it up.

I'm a very sad individual. Yet I strangely forget random stuff, some of which can be important.

For a Nomu profile I'd split them up based on their tier. Lower, Middle, and Upper-Tier Nomu.

Not certain if I should put a High-End key, or a Near High-End key, since characters do actually scale to the Near High-Ends.
Near high end key probably works best. As Hood and USJ (Two named or recognizable Nomu’s) have their own profiles.
Also it directly states that the Nomu’s are categorized based on their “physical enhancements and amount of quirks they can hold” so it’s more proof that Nomu have a scaling chain of some sorts

@TheRustyOne Shouldn’t Tokoyami scale to re-destro? We see them in a totally even clash (I know that LS wise they scale but what about AP wise)
It's already mentioned on his page.

Re-Destro only lost because his prosthetic legs broke, and we have no idea how durable those legs are suppose to be. We just know they're vastly inferior to his real legs. Re-Destro didn't attack Tokoyami, he stood his ground and went to stop his attack. Because of that there is nothing for Dark Shadow to scale too.

If Re-Destro had launched an attack, this would be different. But that isn't what happened, he just stood firm and went to stop Dark Shadow. He almost did stop him, Tokoyami stated he nearly withstood the attack. Meaning with his real legs he would've stopped the attack, and who knows what would happen after that.

Basically with these events Tokoyami can't scale to Re-Destro.

It's already mentioned on his page.

Re-Destro only lost because his prosthetic legs broke, and we have no idea how durable those legs are suppose to be. We just know they're vastly inferior to his real legs. Re-Destro didn't attack Tokoyami, he stood his ground and went to stop his attack. Because of that there is nothing for Dark Shadow to scale too.

If Re-Destro had launched an attack, this would be different. But that isn't what happened, he just stood firm and went to stop Dark Shadow. He almost did stop him, Tokoyami stated he nearly withstood the attack. Meaning with his real legs he would've stopped the attack, and who knows what would happen after that.

Basically with these events Tokoyami can't scale to Re-Destro.
Another question, does your page on Nomu’s cover all of them?
Like would there be a key for non-combative because as you’ve pointed out, Mocha and Johnny (the latter being a nomu which has appeared several times, and is responsible for saving the league and bringing them back to Machia) aren’t combatants despite also being low tier (unless we wanna say Johnny’s big ass mouth can bite with the force of a thousand suns)
Mostly just because I want every Nomu covered

Yes it should cover most of the Nomu. I can't label all of them with their powers and abilities, since they don't share these powers between them. The only shared Quirk we know of is the High-Ends and Upper Tier Nomu having Super Regeneration. But the Nomu will be represented.

Official Translation for the chapter is out.

AFO is speculating that switching to a copy of his original Quirk may be the reason this is even allowed to happen. His authority over them has weakened because he's using a, most likely, "degraded" copy of his original Quirk. Which is a very interesting explanation.

Also the father who tried to save a little girl was Endeavor's father, not the little girl's father. Which I find to be interesting as well.

This fight kinda does cement the All Might even weakened All Might vs Endeavor gap in power.

In just 2 exchanges, Endeavor lost a chunk of his torso and an arm. And this is in a scenario where they are fighting 4 on 1 and AFO even has 2 established weaknesses: mask + rebelling quirks.

If it was just Endeavor vs AFO 1 on 1, this wouldn't even be a fight.

This just kinda cements the weakened All Might > Endeavor stuff. All those people who used to say nonsense like Endeavor could have jumped in at Kamino and won against AFO (especially after war arc there were so many of these guys) were just delusional.

Attacks that wouldn't have phased All Might like Rivet Stab are literally lethal to Endeavor.

1. Mocha does actually have a “fight” during the series. He does manage to through Mirko away from killing Garaki, so he has a strength & speed feat (Also He’s the reason that we’d put Nomu at higher than animalistic, given that self sacrifice requires complex emotional thought, so even if he’s just unknown he has a full list of abilities a known quirk and a strength feat)
2. Yeah, all the high ends deserve a page as well as the Nomu “species”
Mocha's feat would only scale to the power necessary to break Ujiko's arm since that's what Mirko was going for unless we think she was charging a full speed kick to slice him in half.

This fight kinda does cement the All Might even weakened All Might vs Endeavor gap in power.

Attacks that wouldn't have phased All Might like Rivet Stab are literally lethal to Endeavor.
All Might himself is superior to AFO, since he was holding back for most of that fight. Even with Bakugo gone he was holding back. All Might is crazy strong. But clearly not by hundreds of times, since Shigaraki vs Endeavor is proof of that. Yeah bleeding from one punch, but he wasn't dead or missing pieces of his body.

Also I noticed that AFO is only landed lethal attacks that are bladed or sharp in nature. We haven't seen a blunt force attack one shot Endeavor or rip a chunk off his body. Yeah All For One is without a doubt superior. Though I'm pretty sure those Rivet Stabs had more power behind them than what he used against All Might.

But piercing is without a doubt the reason they're doing that much damage. Since Endeavor was shown to break them with his attacks and his own hand didn't shatter to pieces from the recoil. I was really hoping to see Endeavor have to take the Air Cannon Combination that All Might did, or at least have him be threaten by it.

Actually I'm really question on why AFO hasn't already used that attack already.

However I 100% agree that Endeavor would lose badly to AFO in a 1v1 without any question. Anyone who thinks he can beat him by himself is being absurd.

Yeah piercing damage is like that

Sure you can take hits from someone on par with you but the moment you get stabbed in the chest by the person on par with you , that's a different Story because you are made of flesh not metal or "built different"

Yeah piercing damage is like that

Sure you can take hits from someone on par with you but the moment you get stabbed in the chest by the person on par with you , that's a different Story because you are made of flesh not metal or "built different"
—>Cut to All Might getting grabbed in the back with Rivet Stab and not being pierced

—>Cut to Deku punching Rivet Stab and it breaking on his hand

Yeah… definitely…

—>Cut to All Might getting grabbed in the back with Rivet Stab and not being pierced

—>Cut to Deku punching Rivet Stab and it breaking on his hand

Yeah… definitely…
Like I said unless you are "Built different" or made of metal you can't handle being stabbed by someone comparable to you

Can we talk about how absolutely bonkers Endeavor is? Like, top 3 character in the entire show hands down, if not flat out the best from both writing and execution. Literally unrivaled character progression except by the MC’s
I have little idea where anyone truly ranks to me right now.

But Endeavor is easily one of the top characters for me. I find it amazing how easy it would've been for Horikoshi to just have him be a horrible person who was really good at his job and nothing more. Defined by what was said in the Sports Festival and nothing else. But he decided to do something I don't really see most Shonen's do.

His progression is honestly shocking for someone who isn't a "main" character, at least for me. And he's gone a lot farther than I think most people expected from him.

There are just so many parts to Endeavors character that I love, and this chapter just solidified them even more.

Learning that his father actually died trying to save someone is such a reality check for how Endeavor views heroism, and that it was due to his father not being strong enough to do it is even worse. His attempt to make someone stronger than All Might is born out of his desire to protect the people he still has, the people he feels he can’t lose again, because he’s afraid of his own weakness. A feeling that was made WORSE when Touya seemingly died too. And a feeling that turned him into an abusive monster that tore apart his family.

His entire life is defined by his own weakness, so he seeks to fight it however he can. He knows he can’t be like the true superheroes but his struggle against that fact is what keeps him going. He doesn’t care for redemption or success, only that he defeats the “weakness.” But that in itself has turned him into a superhero in his own right.

His flames aren’t of passion or protection or rebirth. They’re flames of strength meant to beat back the weakness of his heart. Of perseverance. Because all he has ever known, the only way to deal with his weakness… is to endeavor onwards.

haha fire punch go brrrr
abf.jpg

I am once again asking what happened to this feat from Deku where he breaks a giant rock with a kick during Provisional License Exam. Last I checked that feat was calced High 8-C+ but wasn’t used for some reason and now I can’t find it.

Right here. Though it isn't High 8-C+, that doesn't start until 6.5 Tons.

However the rock in the anime is massively bigger than it was manga, and it's possible to calculating the size of the rock in the manga. In order to use an anime version of a feat for calculating, the feat in question has to basically be impossible to calc in the manga. Or if we need a timeframe for something.

The rock is massive in the anime, 20.50 meter diameter and 19.46 meter height. That's comparable in size to Mount Lady (20.62 m). The rock destroyed in the manga was nowhere near that size. I know this panel shows it being bigger, but that is nowhere close to the anime size. It's still multiple times bigger than the manga version.

The anime cannot be used in this situation.

Right here. Though it isn't High 8-C+, that doesn't start until 6.5 Tons.

However the rock in the anime is massively bigger than it was manga, and it's possible to calculating the size of the rock in the manga. In order to use an anime version of a feat for calculating, the feat in question has to basically be impossible to calc in the manga. Or if we need a timeframe for something.

The rock is massive in the anime, 20.50 meter diameter and 19.46 meter height. That's comparable in size to Mount Lady (20.62 m). The rock destroyed in the manga was nowhere near that size. I know this panel shows it being bigger, but that is nowhere close to the anime size. It's still multiple times bigger than the manga version.

The anime cannot be used in this situation.
Rip

Calling it rn, we’re going to get a lightspeed feat before the war ends. We can come back to this message when it happens
Pal, light speed MHA has been called for since the sports festival in the anime.

If the Star fight with the lasers wasn’t enough to get light speed then nothing is (even if the reasoning was faulty in some regards like how lasers producing force is not a disqualifier for them being light speed at all)

Best I can possibly see is maybe Deku dodges the Radio Waves quirk or the 2nds quirk is light speed or something idk. Lightspeed simply isn’t going to fly off of current standards and stances.

If the Star fight with the lasers wasn’t enough to get light speed then nothing is (even if the reasoning was faulty in some regards like how lasers producing force is not a disqualifier for them being light speed at all)
Only reason why we didn’t get it is because some VS Wiki users are cringe (sHe dIdN’T aCtUaLlY bLocK tHe lAsEr)

I have a feeling tho, some fodder is going to whip out a LS move and someone dodges it

You people seem to have fish memory because the actual reason nobody got SoL is because neither Star nor Shigaraki could react to the lasers.

And letting yourself get hit by the laser to touch it isn't reacting in any way.

You people seem to have fish memory because the actual reason nobody got SoL is because neither Star nor Shigaraki could react to the lasers.
Vividly remember that, I still disagree with the logic considering you could see Star’s arm outstretched in the panel and a small speech bubble saying “Laser”, implying she was able to react to it

Minority opinion tho, so I guess I’ll have to wait another year and a half for the anime to show it

The laser producing "force" isn't a disqualification. That isn't why it's not accepted. Lasers can push/move things in reality. Optical Tweezers are a thing. A laser would likely need a stupidly high amount of energy in order move something like the size of a person, but this is fiction and stuff like that is irrelevant.

The jet lasers lack any actual true proof of being lightspeed. They're called lasers and nothing else. Shigaraki's reflect is supernatural in nature, has little validation compared to reflection off an actual mirror. This isn't like Aoyama's which have been called light but clearly don't move at Lightspeed.

(I know Shigaraki's reflect kanji is actually different from how Flect's Reflect is spelled. However I'm not fully knowledgeable on this, so I can't say for sure. Regardless magic)

Even if they're Light Speed nothing scales to them. Shigaraki never dodged them, he was hit every time. And there is no proof Star moved before the laser hit her, just as possible she moved after being hit. Basically means waiting for the anime if it is light speed.

Last edited:
Back