• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

really hope koichi appears in the main story

would be cool to have him fight either afo or shigaraki and have a call back with the number 6 fight

Okay I just saw the latest chapter and it was pretty good. Also Koichi didn't fully lift the plane, he slowed down the descent enough that it could fall into the river. That is indeed a lifting strength feat, but I lack the knowledge on how to calculate that. Since we have no reason to assume he completely stopped the plane's fall.

So we can't scale him to the full weight of a plane.

"The story continues in My Hero Academia..." Look that's probably just a way to advertise the main series and nothing else. But I'm allowed to have my fantasies.

Regardless with Vigilantes over and done with, I can properly get started on that CRT. Don't know exactly when, but don't expect to wait too long.

Tomorrow at the latest.

I have no idea. Best ask someone who is more knowledgeable than me.

I quite being a calc group member for a reason. I'm not all that smart.

Okay I just saw the latest chapter and it was pretty good. Also Koichi didn't fully lift the plane, he slowed down the descent enough that it could fall into the river. That is indeed a lifting strength feat, but I lack the knowledge on how to calculate that. Since we have no reason to assume he completely stopped the plane's fall.D
Dragon your time to shine

I have no idea. Best ask someone who is more knowledgeable than me.

I quite being a calc group member for a reason. I'm not all that smart.
You’re smarter than me.
Lol I’m just trying to get the distance between Chisaki and Deku’s Point of Launch. Because we see him go in a Parabola like manner (half circle/oval but they go on forever). But he goes in a straight line towards him, so most other calcs by calculating it like a circle would have him go in a sweeping motion (the bullet to the left of his place in a |- manner instead of them being in a = like position.)
So I just want to get the best line that wouldn’t curve from the building he grapples onto

Uh, to my knowledge, calculating distance on the z-axis is just done via angsizing
Yeah Z axis wasn’t the right term.
Just a diagonal distance which covers horizontal and vertical change.
but I did indeed just make a 3D pyramid and that worked To give me a reasonable distance (checked other versions of the calcs for both of these and most get somewhere similar)

Yeah Z axis wasn’t the right term.
Just a diagonal distance which covers horizontal and vertical change.
but I did indeed just make a 3D pyramid and that worked To give me a reasonable distance (checked other versions of the calcs for both of these and most get somewhere similar)
Oh, that’s just the Pythagorean Theorem. Say an object moves a distance that is 54 px horizontally and 65 px vertically, the diagonal distance would be sqrt(54^2 +65^2), which is roughly 84.5 px

Oh, that’s just the Pythagorean Theorem. Say an object moves a distance that is 54 px horizontally and 65 px vertically, the diagonal distance would be sqrt(54^2 +65^2), which is roughly 84.5 px
Yeah, that was the term, thank you.

i didn’t use Deku or Nagant’s height for either because ******’s are moving so they have blur

I always thought how weird it was for him to give up regeneration when he can easily give copies of the Quirk. I guess it doesn't protect him from getting knock out.

Or maybe he got it recently?

I always thought how weird it was for him to give up regeneration when he can easily give copies of the Quirk. I guess it doesn't protect him from getting knock out.

Should we add it to his profile rn or wait for the final CRT

Odds are they likely discovered it while they were engineering the Nomus, which was after AFO lost to All Might in their primes. Which explains why AFO couldn’t undo the injuries he received in the fight

But AFO is weaker now than he was in Kamino, so that means he must have just received the quirk… but Garaki is in prison so it couldn’t have been right before the war. Idk it’s odd

AFO has had Super-regeneration for a while now. We see him and Ujiko speak about in a flashback ages ago. It isn't a new quirk he just received. It is just that the quirk can't heal old wounds and AFO only got it after his injuries.

Yeah but we didn't know if he actually has it himself, not just for the Nomu and Shiggy. Since we never see him regenerate any wounds (He was knocked out not injured). If he is shown to have regen now, we have no reason to believe he didn't have it during Kamino. I don't see why AFO would even get a new key unless we're told/shown he is different in some way.

So I always kind of liked AFO as a villain and definitely thought he was underrated but damn is this latest chapter making me like him even more. The way he shit talks and gets under everyone's skin is amazing. Also the self awareness is great too. Definitely liked that Jirou said he should say his "cool "lines after victory lol

In terms of weaknesses, Iida has a weakness to heat and cold right? His engines stall sometimes due to intense heat (Stain arc, current battle with Dabi) and ice can also clog them.

Yeah but we didn't know if he actually has it himself, not just for the Nomu and Shiggy. Since we never see him regenerate any wounds (He was knocked out not injured). If he is shown to have regen now, we have no reason to believe he didn't have it during Kamino. I don't see why AFO would even get a new key unless we're told/shown he is different in some way.
I guess I always assumed he had it since Regen is the most replicated quirk in the series. There would be no reason for him not to have at least a copy when dozens of Nomu already have this quirk. But yeah, it's good to finally get a confirmation.

If AFO always had super regeneration, then why wasn’t he healing when fighting AM?
Because All Might never injured him until he used his final attack. And we don't see how injured AFO is from the attack later on. AFO never takes a serious injure that shoots out blood or breaking any limbs. Hard to really tell if he is healing or not. I don't believe there is a scene that shows without a doubt that he wasn't healing.

If AFO always had super regeneration, then why wasn’t he healing when fighting AM?
When did he get injured against All Might. The entire battle with All Might, he didn't even shed a single drop of blood. There was really nothing to heal when All Might's blows didn't even graze or bruise his skin. All Might won by K.O much akin a boxing match rather than by lethally injuring AFO.

I don't know, I kinda find All Might vs AFO one of the most interesting fights in MHA cause despite AFO dominating most of it and taking zero lethal damage while All Might is bleeding and burnt out, All Might only connects like 4 punches the entire fight and wins.

Because All Might never injured him until he used his final attack. And we don't see how injured AFO is from the attack later on. AFO never takes a serious injure that shoots out blood or breaking any limbs. Hard to really tell if he is healing or not. I don't believe there is a scene that shows without a doubt that he wasn't healing.
He was definitely injured, he just didn't have external injuries the way the Nomu did.

If he really did have Super Regeneration then we can assume that his internal injuries or whatever it was that went unnoticed just healed.

Odds are they likely discovered it while they were engineering the Nomus, which was after AFO lost to All Might in their primes. Which explains why AFO couldn’t undo the injuries he received in the fight

But AFO is weaker now than he was in Kamino, so that means he must have just received the quirk… but Garaki is in prison so it couldn’t have been right before the war. Idk it’s odd
It actually could’ve. Remember the Nomu Tomura blew up? He could’ve swiped it’s Regen and Wing quirk and passed regen to AFO

He had the flesh monster quirk thing as early as Prime version when he fought Nana. In fact it was a way bigger flesh monster back then almost like a Kaiju.

Also it seems AFO's fire quirk is called Hard Flame Fan.

Also the officials say "he doesn't have anything like hyper-regeneration" while the scans said he had it. I can't even tell what's the truth or not. Hope someone comes through and just translates the scans so we know for sure.

Also the officials say "he doesn't have anything like hyper-regeneration" while the scans said he had it. I can't even tell what's the truth or not. Hope someone comes through and just translates the scans so we know for sure.
I’d trust the official honestly. The unofficial scans are notoriously wonky. Although AFO should’ve taken super regen.

We always go with the official translation, unless we have reason to believe otherwise. AFO hasn't showcased regeneration yet. I don't think we need to ask for a translation, just wait until he actually takes visible damage and see if it heals or not. That'd be a clear cut answer right there.

Yes, we aren't supposed to make any CRTs until the arc is over anyways.

As it stands AFO does not have regeneration, for reasons we can only provide educated guesses of. It's unlikely that he'll have it in the future, but we will have to wait regardless.

Back