• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Depending on whether AFO's mental condition with vestiges rebelling is due to Jirou's new technique, she might get some degree of mental/psychic abilities.

do yall think this render is better to use for dark deku or nah

Oh, interesting chapter. Fight isn't over, first of all they made it clear Endeavor is coming back into the fight. And AFO is way too big of a character to lose like this. And most importantly, AFO was shown to be able to fight around just fine with his mask broken during his fight with All Might. Sure I wouldn't be surprised if that hampered him in some way even back then. But it isn't enough to take him down. I doubt anyone was actually thinking it was over, but I just wanted it to be clear.

Tokoyami can react to AFO's attacks. Avoiding his attacks, while Jiro can barely see them. She is capable of making a shocked face and did barely see them, but they're a lot faster than her. She is faster than before but she cannot scale to him. His attacks are very close to blitzing her.

Also AFO's mask has no reason to be less durable than his mask from Kamino. Which withstood a direct hit from All Might. Yes All Might is holding back, but his holding back strength is capable of matching AFO's Air Cannon Combination. The only attack that he used his full strength on was the United States of Smash.

However I don't know what this means for Hawks. Since this took three hits in the same spot to crack it. However Hawks did somewhat deflect AFO's big attack. Though he didn't have enough feathers to deflected it fully, since Jiro still got scraped by it.

Now AFO being affected by the vestiges is interesting. Implying that New Order may have allowed this to happen? Especially Jiro's little speech. Giving them the courage to actually stand up to the Demon King, despite being "extras". Maybe Jiro's thing was more inspiring for them than Star and Stripes'.

All Might, Endeavor, Star and Stripes. They're all super powerful heroes, the best of the best. Jiro may be a U.A. Student but compared to everyone else she is kind of a nobody. Yet she still stands up to AFO and even attacks him, despite clearly being terrified of him. That probably helps these guys come to their decision to fight.

Overall, this was a nice chapter. Jiro taking some major damage, losing one of her ears and half of her Quirk is a big blow. Eri has her work cut out for her.

Also there is a break next week.

Oh, interesting chapter. Fight isn't over, first of all they made it clear Endeavor is coming back into the fight. And AFO is way too big of a character to lose like this. And most importantly, AFO was shown to be able to fight around just fine with his mask broken during his fight with All Might. Sure I wouldn't be surprised if that hampered him in some way even back then. But it isn't enough to take him down. I doubt anyone was actually thinking it was over, but I just wanted it to be clear.

Tokoyami can react to AFO's attacks. Avoiding his attacks, while Jiro can barely see them. She is capable of making a shocked face and did barely see them, but they're a lot faster than her. She is faster than before but she cannot scale to him. His attacks are very close to blitzing her.

Also AFO's mask has no reason to be less durable than his mask from Kamino. Which withstood a direct hit from All Might. Yes All Might is holding back, but his holding back strength is capable of matching AFO's Air Cannon Combination. The only attack that he used his full strength on was the United States of Smash.

However I don't know what this means for Hawks. Since this took three hits in the same spot to crack it. However Hawks did somewhat deflect AFO's big attack. Though he didn't have enough feathers to deflected it fully, since Jiro still got scraped by it.

Now AFO being affected by the vestiges is interesting. Implying that New Order may have allowed this to happen? Especially Jiro's little speech. Giving them the courage to actually stand up to the Demon King, despite being "extras". Maybe Jiro's thing was more inspiring for them than Star and Stripes'.

All Might, Endeavor, Star and Stripes. They're all super powerful heroes, the best of the best. Jiro may be a U.A. Student but compared to everyone else she is kind of a nobody. Yet she still stands up to AFO and even attacks him, despite clearly being terrified of him. That probably helps these guys come to their decision to fight.

Overall, this was a nice chapter. Jiro taking some major damage, losing one of her ears and half of her Quirk is a big blow. Eri has her work cut out for her.

Also there is a break next week.

AFO's mask during Kamino probably only became nonfunctional with All Might's penultimate punch, which exposed his mouth.

As I mentioned in a different reply, it might have something to do with the Quirk Singularity, although we are not really sure how Jiro triggered that kind of reaction.

As things stand, the story may be setting up with AFO getting beaten by extras ganging up on him. The idea is certainly controversial, however it all depends on the execution.

AFO's mask during Kamino probably only became nonfunctional with All Might's penultimate punch, which exposed his mouth.

As I mentioned in a different reply, it might have something to do with the Quirk Singularity, although we are not really sure how Jiro triggered that kind of reaction.

As things stand, the story may be setting up with AFO getting beaten by extras ganging up on him. The idea is certainly controversial, however it all depends on the execution.
I'd really like it if he loses here, if I'm being honest. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Shigaraki is the one to kill him in the end. At least he takes critical damage that ends up hindering him for the rest of the arc. I'd like for this fight to have an impact later on, if AFO isn't defeated by them.

But AFO losing to side characters is a ending for him that is very fitting. Never even seeing Izuku after that first encounter and losing to people he saw as beneath him. Honestly I just want to see AFO lose his cool himself, when he realize he is going to lose and nothing will go his way.

Question for everyone. Do you want or even think current Izuku will fight/meet up with AFO?

Honestly? No I don’t.
I really, really agree with your take on it, Im hyped as shit/ very hopeful for the “extras” beat the **** out of him

AFO's attack is 7-A though. Or are you saying AFO doesn't scale to All Might anymore? AFO is able to hurt him with those cannons. Not by a severe amount but it does damage him. Wait I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

AFO's attack is 7-A though. Or are you saying AFO doesn't scale to All Might anymore? AFO is able to hurt him with those cannons. Not by a severe amount but it does damage him. Wait I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Jeanist lived an Air Cannon, AFO’s mask can take a punch from holding back AM who can match Air Cannon.

You do know this is his Air Cannon combination attack right? Am I missing understanding you or something? I don't get where you mean the mask is Jeanist in durability.

Like that is a jump.

Best Jeanist dura is becoming at most 7-A in the future I bet.
I mean we ignore the calc of the attack in favour of scaling everything from AFO to 7A why wouldn’t that apply to Jeanist?

Doubt Deku will see him again honestly. I hope Tomura gets saved from AFO by Deku’s then immediately runs over to dust him
While I don't think it'll happened anymore. I was kind of hoping for Shigaraki's friends to be the one to shake him out of AFO's control. Like Spinner, Toga, Compress, and see his real reaction towards Twice's death. Something I was really looking forward too.

I'd like to see Tomura again, though I have a feeling we'll only see Tenko when all is said and done.

While I don't think it'll happened anymore. I was kind of hoping for Shigaraki's friends to be the one to shake him out of AFO's control. Like Spinner, Toga, Compress, and see his real reaction towards Twice's death. Something I was really looking forward too.

I'd like to see Tomura again, though I have a feeling we'll only see Tenko when all is said and done.
Yup sadly Tomura on his own (and his relationship with Spinner) is probably done but I’m holding out hope he’s the one to face Deku down in the final showdown before Deku reaches Tenko.

Yup sadly Tomura on his own (and his relationship with Spinner) is probably done but I’m holding out hope he’s the one to face Deku down in the final showdown before Deku reaches Tenko.
If I have to guess Tomura and Tenko are the same person with different mentalities.
Tenko likely will have similar speech patterns and the memories of Tomura, just something more in line with the ambitions he had all those years ago.
AFO knew of the vestige world (atleast it seems like he did), so Id be surprised if Tomura and Tenno aren’t connected in some way, because AFO still considers Tenko and Tomura one in the same

If I have to guess Tomura and Tenko are the same person with different mentalities.
Tenko likely will have similar speech patterns and the memories of Tomura, just something more in line with the ambitions he had all those years ago.
AFO knew of the vestige world (atleast it seems like he did), so Id be surprised if Tomura and Tenno aren’t connected in some way, because AFO still considers Tenko and Tomura one in the same
I see them in the same way as Vader (Tomura) and Anakin (Tenko). Sure Vader has Anakin’s memories and is him but they’re treated as different entities at time in the story (plus Tomura and Tenko are referred as two different things by AFO 2.0 during the SnS fight)

I see them in the same way as Vader (Tomura) and Anakin (Tenko). Sure Vader has Anakin’s memories and is him but they’re treated as different entities at time in the story (plus Tomura and Tenko are referred as two different things by AFO 2.0 during the SnS fight)
Yeah I can see that (Horikoshi loves his Star Wars references after all).
I’m more just thinking that Tomura won’t die and be replaced by tenko, similar to how Vader still had actions towards Luke which he wouldnt give to anyone else (like how in the comics and other movies, Vader mercilessly cuts down several battalions of soldiers, and uses the force to border line torture others. But with Luke he only cut off his hand and still tried to get him to join. “Only cut off his hand” sounds bad until we realize that Vader likely would have gone for decap or bisection against anyone else)

I'm thinking that the Tenko we see in the vestige world is Shigaraki's repressed consciousness while Tomura is the consciousness/vestige of Decay at least mentally.

Yeah I can see that (Horikoshi loves his Star Wars references after all).
I’m more just thinking that Tomura won’t die and be replaced by tenko, similar to how Vader still had actions towards Luke which he wouldnt give to anyone else (like how in the comics and other movies, Vader mercilessly cuts down several battalions of soldiers, and uses the force to border line torture others. But with Luke he only cut off his hand and still tried to get him to join. “Only cut off his hand” sounds bad until we realize that Vader likely would have gone for decap or bisection against anyone else)
I don’t think Tomura will die and leave just Tenko. I think Tenko will hinder Tomura in the final battle which will lead to his defeat. Deku will beat Tomura by saving Tenko and dealing the killing blow.

I actually do think Deku will fight AFO. The side characters have already done a ton of work to wound AFO, even if it’s slightly, so unless Endeavor wants to get up and beat him, Deku arriving to help and being delayed from UA would be incredibly fun to see.

Also, I want to see an actual conversation between AFO and Deku. They have NEVER talked to each other. Like at all. Most they’ve done is AFO talking at Deku, not getting any response. I want to see the actual tension a talk between the two of them will cause, as well as see what differences between Deku and All Might AFO will notice.

Also Deku fighting someone else with several quirks before Shigaraki seems like really good precursor to the full fight. I’d love to see how they break down each other’s quirk usage.

And as a guilt pleasure, I want to see Deku kick down the idea that AFO is the Demon King he thinks he is. He seems stuck on the notion that he’s still the ultimate evil, when Shigaraki is the bigger threat. So I would love to see Deku show that OFA has moved past him, just like AFO has moved past All Might.

I feel like Hawks should downscale to baseline 7-A (100 MT), since it took him 3 hits in the same spot to break AFO’s mask, which should be comparable to the one that withstood hits from All Might

I don't think the helmets are that durable. If we start powerscaling helmets we might as well start powerscaling stuff like clothes.

Shigaraki's pants withstood FlashFire. Deku's clothes withstand air canon and Shigaraki's elbow without even a small tear. Kamino heroes costumes, All Might's suit, etc withstand enhanced air canon. USJ All Might's shirt is now 7A too considering it survived blows from USJ Nomu.

Hawks doesn't have strong attack power. This is already stated numerous times. He even had trouble cutting through a white Nomu with his feather swords which should be way above ordinary metal swords.

Hawks doesn't have strong attack power. This is already stated numerous times. He even had trouble cutting through a white Nomu with his feather swords which should be way above ordinary metal swords.
Yet his feathers were shown to stab into Hood's arm. This doesn't really have anything to do with power or attack, just with how sharp his blades are. I think we do rate AP by what you damage, and not by what you can destroy or whatever. If Hawk's blades are sharp enough to cause some damage, that should be usable.

Clothing is much different. Since they aren't actual plot points. However I do agree we can't upgrade Hawks based on just this, not enough info and is still Unknown.

Back