• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It does make sense. I mean like, It makes more sense the Bakugou becoming 11145x stronger in like 2 weeks to fight 5%. especially when the same people say we can’t use the percentages of OFA as a “because we see massive jumps in power and speed, we should assume that the percentage number is an atleast number.”
Nobody is arguing that Bakugo became 11145x stronger in just two weeks. That's a strawman argument that was posted on the other page.

Things that suggest Deku scales to 5%:

He claims it is a small increase in power

Bakugo, who can hurt 5%, hits Deku and Deku takes the hit without any significant injury at all

He headbutts Shoto, who can withstand 5% punches, as well as kicks from Recipro Burst Iida, and hurts him

Monoma, a character noted to be several times weaker than 8%, does not have a strong enough body to handle 100%, but Base Deku does

Anything I’m missing
There are a few other ones.

Base Deku was able to survive crashing into a wall using a 5% jump (Chapter 48).

8% Deku was able to hurt himself by crashing into a wall (Chapter 128). This proves Deku is able to hurt himself by crashing into walls.

Deku taking hits from Gran Torino with both his base form and Full Cowl, in the same panel (Chapter 49).

Deku cutting a robot in half, these robots are at least able to take one hit from Iida without breaking (Chapter 25).

8% Deku was able to hurt himself by crashing into a wall (Chapter 128). This proves Deku is able to hurt himself by crashing into walls.

This is a direct antifeat for Deku, not a feat.

Base Deku was able to survive crashing into a wall using a 5% jump (Chapter 48).

There is nothing suggesting he jumped into the wall with High 8-C force.

Nobody is arguing that Bakugo became 11145x stronger in just two weeks. That's a strawman argument that was posted on the other page.
No. I was the one who got that number, and I do believe that. It’s either that or Base Deku is high 8-C just closer to baseline.
Our current calc is Deku being 9-B, and it will become a higher number if you want to completely disregard the victory bot calc and make him comparable to the mines Instead.
Bakugou Katsuki would have been comparable to base Deku for the simple reason of he didn’t evicerate him upon contact.
Five Percent is over 5 tons (5.35 if I’m correct).
Base Deku is currently .00048 tons.
that is a difference of over 11145 times.

He has High 8-C+ durability, hurting himself is High 8-C+.
People who think base Deku can’t be anywhere near OFA ap wise:
cover4.jpg

He is not comparing his base power to to power gained from 5%. The only other frame of reference for how much power he can get from One For All is 100%. He's saying that when he is controlling it, he gets a small increase in power compared to what he normally gets.

At least that is my interpretation of the statement. It makes no sense for him in base to be truly comparable to 5% of All Might's power.
OFA Percentages aren’t linear at all, we know this Damage.

And how on earth is he comparing it to 100%? He doesn’t say “in comparison to 100%” or anything that suggests that, he just says the boost in power he gains while he has it controlled is small. He doesn’t even KNOW it’s “5%“ yet, he only learns it’s around that level from All Might a panel later.

Combine that with his numerous feats against characters that DO scale to 5%, and it’s clear as day that physically, 5% doesn’t increase his power that much. Speed and mobility are the main things 5% aids him with, the actual power gap has never been noted as far higher.

Unless of course we want to claim that Full Cowl increases the power relative to a single limb. I’d love for that to be the case considering what that would imply about FC 100%

Absolutely incorrect. Current Deku is .0048 tons vs 5% at 5.35 tons. You said that Bakugo wasnt as strong when he hit Deku. So you’re attempting to claim that Bakugo is also 9B, and thus, grew that much stronger in like 1 month in order to contend with 5%. That’s not a strawman, it’s what you claimed when you stated that about Bakugo.

Absolutely incorrect. Current Deku is .0048 tons vs 5% at 5.35 tons. You said that Bakugo wasnt as strong when he hit Deku. So you’re attempting to claim that Bakugo is also 9B, and thus, grew that much stronger in like 1 month in order to contend with 5%. That’s not a strawman, it’s what you claimed when you stated that about Bakugo.
Also here’s the number if we get what damage wants and Deku scales to the mines. 5.35/.00019=28157.8947368

That's not what I said, and stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say what value I think Bakugo should be.

That's not what I said, and stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say what value I think Bakugo should be.
So what are your thoughts on Deku taking hits from Bakugo physically, who is High 8-C? That’s blatant proof that Base Deku should be High 8-C, and also lines up with 5% not being a huge gap of power.

So what are your thoughts on Deku taking hits from Bakugo physically, who is High 8-C? That’s blatant proof that Base Deku should be High 8-C, and also lines up with 5% not being a huge gap of power.
I don't think that Bakugo did have High 8-C striking strength during the Battle Trial arc.

Because there is nothing supporting him having High 8-C striking strength during the Battle Trial arc.
Not even 2 months after this battle trial he can hurt 5% Deku who has numerous High 8-C durability feats.

Heck, like 2 weeks before he hurts 5%, he cracks Base Deku in the face when they fight All Might.

Aizawa states that the students haven’t gotten much stronger since day 1, and Bakugo only trained his Quirk during Forest Training, not his body.

Let's not throw ourselves to each other necks, while I'm still salty about the 9-B+ ratings getting through (they make no sense with the narrative of the Sports Festival and ignore nearly a dozens of different feats) discussing it here won't change it.

On a side note, Aizawa did explicitly stated that after 3 months of training Bakugo barely got any stronger at all.

Not even 2 months after this battle trial he can hurt 5% Deku who has numerous High 8-C durability feats.

Heck, like 2 weeks before he hurts 5%, he cracks Base Deku in the face when they fight All Might.

Aizawa states that the students haven’t gotten much stronger since day 1, and Bakugo only trained his Quirk during Forest Training, not his body.
And even then Bakugou cracking them both in the face happened before Forest Training = D

Let's not throw ourselves to each other necks, while I'm still salty about the 9-B+ ratings getting through (they make no sense with the narrative of the Sports Festival and ignore nearly a dozens of different feats) discussing it here won't change it.

On a side note, Aizawa did explicitly stated that after 3 months of training Bakugo barely got any stronger at all.
Ok, we make CRT thing?

Aizawa's example of the students not getting stronger since Day 1 is a feat that Bakugo performs with his Quirk, so not a greater example for striking strength.

I see no good reason to backscale Bakugo from his fight with 5% Deku to the Battle Trial arc.

And him slapping Deku during the fight against All Might is a feat performed with unknown strength value. It tells us nothing in my opinion.

Aizawa's example of the students not getting stronger since Day 1 is a feat that Bakugo performs with his Quirk, so not a greater example for striking strength.

I see no good reason to backscale Bakugo from his fight with 5% Deku to the Battle Trial arc.

And him slapping Deku during the fight against All Might is a feat performed with unknown strength value. It tells us nothing in my opinion.
So everything we’ve been told about Bakugo has been his quirk changing not his body. So his body should be consistent in strength.

I do considering Deku has 4 other feats that don’t even include Bakugo to suggest he scales to 5% anyway

So pissed off Bakugo is holding back his power again? And against Deku who is off guard in base? I have the sneaking suspicion that he put effort into the hit considering the entire situation put him in the worst place mentally, attempting to claim it tells nothing is disingenuous.

Ok, we make CRT thing?
I suck at creating CRTs but whoever creates it has my full support, that travesty of 9-B+ ratings has gone too far.
You don't know how much I cope and sethee in silence ever since.

Note: I'll likely create a CRT about it after the Vigilantes CRT which shouldn't be too long after the last chapter comes out. Would like to not have multiple CRT open at the same time, and I should be focusing more on Vigilantes right now. Hopefully the thread won't take too long, but not like I have anything better to do.

I suck at creating CRTs but whoever creates it has my full support, that travesty of 9-B+ ratings has gone too far.
You don't know how much I cope and sethee in silence ever since.
You wanna help me upgrade speed? Remember that time deku yeeted himself out of a building before Nagant could properly react?
Nagant probably qualifies for supersonic+ reactions given her ******* gun arm
Or the one thing you did with the bullet speed. Other forms of deku use SOS attack speeds (shockwaves) so his 30% having atleast Subsonic+ (Most likely supersonic) can’t be to unbelievable right?

Note: I'll likely create a CRT about it after the Vigilantes CRT which shouldn't be too long after the last chapter comes out. Would like to not have multiple CRT open at the same time, and I should be focusing more on Vigilantes right now. Hopefully the thread won't take too long, but not like I have anything better to do.
Okay. I agree we shouldn't have multiple big revisions simultaneously.

I won't be able to really participate in any threads until next month anyway.

You wanna help me upgrade speed? Remember that time deku yeeted himself out of a building before Nagant could properly react?
She appeared to react to Deku breaking through the floors of a building, then again breaking through a building would obviously slow him down.

Deku did blitz her from at least 79.9 meters away using his Faux 100% Manchester Smash.
79.9/0.00265 = 30150.94 m/s, Mach 87.90

Even using supersonic reactions doesn't upgrade his current rating.

She appeared to react to Deku breaking through the floors of a building, then again breaking through a building would obviously slow him down.
O I meant the top
Deku did blitz her from at least 79.9 meters away using his Faux 100% Manchester Smash.

Wait don’t we use .00117 for supersonic reactions? Like how we use .08 for peak human and .0291 for superhuman?

Oh also to this, Horikoshi confirmed in the extra’s he wasn’t breaking the floors he was running up them. Which means that we can essentially add 1 more Lap (like 3/4s of it atleast) and the height of a floor to the distance he traveled, due to the fact she couldn’t shoot in time to attack him I have one I did trying to use a top down shot but I’m stupid so I don’t think I’m right

I’m remeasuring the difference between Deku and Chisaki to try and get a different result. And also so I can do Manchester smash
I can potentially use the distance between Chisaki and Deku to calculate speed, Due to Deku launching himself like a slingshot, he directly mentions He was using the full gauntlets on his legs in case the bullet would hit him

@TheRustyOne another question how does the scaling for Nabu island’s radius work?
Cause the wall your scaling from isn’t at it’s full height, cause we see in the shockwave calc that their on a hill (it’s slanting downwards) so you likely only got like 85% of the height Because your not seeing the whole thing.
Not a big change just something I noticed.
that’s a lie it means we don’t have to upscales into high 7-A

Last edited:
This statement is funny because you give Deku 2% more of OFA and he performs a Class M feat lol
I'm currently in the corner doing math, we use .00117 for supersonic reactions and .00058 for Supersonic+ right? (8% Deku uses air force which is literally called Shock Waves, so Nagant who scales several times higher with a gun arm atleast firing at Mach 4.1 should be there)

It's 0.00265 to 0.00117 for Supersonic.

Shockwaves are "supersonic" but that only makes then faster than transonic by an unknown amount. That's why Deku's feat uses 343 m/s for the speed of the shockwaves.

The distance between the top of the building and Lady Nagant is too small.

It's 0.00265 to 0.00117 for Supersonic.

Shockwaves are "supersonic" but that only makes then faster than transonic by an unknown amount. That's why Deku's feat uses 343 m/s for the speed of the shockwaves.

The distance between the top of the building and Lady Nagant is too small.
I could just, use a triangle to figure out the diagonal distance From the building to Nagant (wasn’t interested in the shei hissaki)
Literally Anything is fun, also 8% used the shockwaves so combined with the fact Nagant scales far higher than that, and has A biological weapon which travels at Mach 4.1, we can probably use the top of Supersonic (.00117) or the top of Supersonic+ (.00058).
Also ive truly only seen people use the top end of the reactions.

What are the logistics behind having a sniper embedded in your arm means you have Supersonic+ reactions.

Seriously, I don't get it.

What are the logistics behind having a sniper embedded in your arm means you have Supersonic+ reactions.

Seriously, I don't get it.
Nagant has a biological weapon, not a gun being surgically attached to her arm, a gun she was born with which travels at mach 4.1 when using our calculation assumptions. If it was essentially stapled to her arm, then yeah I’d agree she wouldn’t have that, but this is something she naturally has, why would she evolve (cause that’s what quirks are) to have a gun for an arm if she had no clue on how to move take advantage of the bullet in the air.
and I highly doubt that any amount of skill will let you fire and reaim bullets multiple times while the others are still flying if you are anything less than the top of supersonic.
Also the less evolved peregrine falcon can get over half through sub Sonic so it’s not crazy for humans who just underwent a massive evolutionary boost getting abilities which break the speed of sound (like Jiro’s attack speed) to be able to react at the speed their own attacks move at

Back