• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Nagant has a biological weapon, not a gun being surgically attached to her arm, a gun she was born with which travels at mach 4.1 when using our calculation assumptions. If it was essentially stapled to her arm, then yeah I’d agree she wouldn’t have that, but this is something she naturally has, why would she evolve (cause that’s what quirks are) to have a gun for an arm if she had no clue on how to move take advantage of the bullet in the air.

Not sure why being born with a gun in your arm would automatically affect a character's reactions.

That's like saying that a baby Lady Nagant already had supersonic+ reactions or that Kaminari always had supersonic reactions since birth because his Quirk is electricity and all Quirks are biological.

Or that Jiro has transonic reactions because her ears have earphones where she can shoot sound waves.

The examples are endless and the comparison makes no sense, her arm is just a rifle cannon that she can fill with her hair as ammunition to shoot bullets, that's all.

Not sure why being born with a gun in your arm would automatically affect a character's reactions.
If it were a weapon that was Closer to the pistol shrimps claw bullet hotter than the sun, where it’s just coincidentally close to a gun, then again yeah, probably only attack speed. But that is a gun, like her body specifically evolved to have a gun, it isn’t a coincidence it’s a full on gun, we see barrel, scope, a full ass stand for it. A character to properly use it should be somewhere around it to do the rapid re aim succession we see Nagant do
That's like saying that a baby Lady Nagant already had supersonic+ reactions or that Kaminari always had supersonic reactions since birth because his Quirk is electricity and all Quirks are biological.

Or that Jiro has transonic reactions because her ears have earphones where she can shoot sound waves.

The examples are endless and the comparison makes no sense, her arm is just a rifle cannon that she can fill with her hair as ammunition to shoot bullets, that's all.
I had hoped that it would be in the context clues that I’m talking about the adult here. The one who’s been through all the necessary training to properly use it at it’s highest potential.
Her gun likely didn’t even have the same speed it does now. We’ve seen how much quirks can evolve of the years, Bakugou’s baby blasts vs the literal nukes he has now, at best a Kolbiri 2mm, but again, that’s an at best. Of course the child versions aren’t going to have those speeds, their children, i don’t think any of us would expect a toddler to dodge a bullet.

Hawks, AFO, and Endeavor are about to be in the same tier of speed considering they exchange multiple moves. However, according to Hawks both he and AFO are way out of their primes. Hawks' wings never recovered and AFO needs the helmet to keep fighting. It's basically his weakness. As for Endeavor, he is also not mentally in the battle for the first part so I guess that's a psychological nerf.

7A Jirou? Let's goooooo!

Anyway on a serious note, AFO did this Air Canon with both hands this time making the range pretty massive.

This is so funny to me; a mid tier from Class 1A who’s largest feat before this was destroying a bridge managed to clash and even overpower AFO’s air cannon

This is so funny to me; a mid tier from Class 1A who’s largest feat before this was destroying a bridge managed to clash and even overpower AFO’s air cannon
If this ever gets calced or taken as a feat, I can already see a lot of things that will be brought up.
1. Like the fact that while this was a 2 handed air canon, there were no other enhancement quirks (like Spring-like limbs) stacked on.

2. Or that not each & every AFO quirk is gonna have the same output. The quirks without being stacked are only as powerful as their former users and I doubt whichever no-name character first had Air Canon was 7A. Who is this unnamed god tier we never heard of.

3. Last is obviously that Jirou only countered a portion of the air canon surrounding Hawks, not the entire thing. We see this stuff with explosion calcs or the time. At the end of the day, I still think it's an amazing feat but once it's dissected, it won't be nowhere new god tiers of the verse.

If this ever gets calced or taken as a feat, I can already see a lot of things that will be brought up.
1. Like the fact that while this was a 2 handed air canon, there were no other enhancement quirks (like Spring-like limbs) stacked on.

2. Or that not each & every AFO quirk is gonna have the same output. The quirks without being stacked are only as powerful as their former users and I doubt whichever no-name character first had Air Canon was 7A. Who is this unnamed god tier we never heard of.

3. Last is obviously that Jirou only countered a portion of the air canon surrounding Hawks, not the entire thing. We see this stuff with explosion calcs or the time. At the end of the day, I still think it's an amazing feat but once it's dissected, it won't be nowhere new god tiers of the verse.
Regardless, AFO’s base air cannon would have been strong enough to kill Mount Lady, who can casually stomp through Geten’s 8-A ice. This is at least a tier 7 feat from Jirou

Hood’s page says “heal brain damage” but is there a limit to that brain damage?
We saw in the star and stripe fight that horikoshi is taking the damage realistically, cause how the damage he did to Shigaraki from the laser, how possible is it for Shigaraki to come back from his brain Also being boiled (cause of the laser heat), is just a head needed? Does that mean if the head is a fine paste but still has some brain matter it can come back?
If there have been any specifications I’m sorry I’m dumb

Regardless, AFO’s base air cannon would have been strong enough to kill Mount Lady, who can casually stomp through Geten’s 8-A ice. This is at least a tier 7 feat from Jirou
Base air canon is obviously not so powerful. Let's not mix things. In the manga we can't tell exactly what AFO uses but in the anime AFO only uses combination Air Canon which combines Spring-like limbs some strength quirks and several kinetic boosters. It is NOT one quirk.

The first time we see Air Canon by it's lonesome is when Shigaraki uses it on Endeavor's face in war arc and it leaves zero damage. Shigaraki-AFO uses it again blasting Deku in the stomach and once again does zero damage.

So it is clear base air canon is not even in the same tier of power as stacked air canon.

We saw in the star and stripe fight that horikoshi is taking the damage realistically, cause how the damage he did to Shigaraki from the laser, how possible is it for Shigaraki to come back from his brain Also being boiled alive, is just a head needed? Does that mean if the head is a fine paste but still has some brain matter it can come back?
So long as a big enough part of the brain is intact (functional I suppose) regeneration is possible. We’ve seen a head crush can kill these guys however it is entirely possible Shigaraki’s regeneration or at least durability is superior to the Nomu as he seems to handle things like extreme heat a bit better.

I’ll have to check again but it seems like at most Star’s laser burned his flesh off but didn’t damage his brain quick enough.

We saw in the star and stripe fight that horikoshi is taking the damage realistically, cause how the damage he did to Shigaraki from the laser, how possible is it for Shigaraki to come back from his brain Also being boiled (cause of the laser heat), is just a head needed? Does that mean if the head is a fine paste but still has some brain matter it can come back?
Helmet Nomu died when it was beheaded then it's head/brains were crushed by Mirko's thighs so there's clearly a limit even when the brain is crushed. If Shigaraki had his head crushed/brains and all he might die. Although again, with his skull swelling after stealing New Order, it kinda implies his head was exploding internally yet he still survived.

Base air canon is obviously not so powerful. Let's not mix things. In the manga we can't tell exactly what AFO uses but in the anime AFO only uses combination Air Canon which combines Spring-like limbs some strength quirks and several kinetic boosters. It is NOT one quirk.

The first time we see Air Canon by it's lonesome is when Shigaraki uses it on Endeavor's face in war arc and it leaves zero damage. Shigaraki-AFO uses it again blasting Deku in the stomach and once again does zero damage.

So it is clear base air canon is not even in the same tier of power as stacked air canon.
I’ll wait for translations to see if AFO was combining quirks

Yeah there is.
The brain damage healing thing is particularly minor. It's from when Endeavor punched Hood in the head and Hood bit on his arm, with the flames continuously burning but apparently Hood kept regenerating. In that context presumably, while they can heal from brain damage to an extent, the damage dealt wasn't that great to begin with.

It's possible for Shigaraki to come back from just his head like Hood did. But their head being completely crushed/fragmented like what Mirko did to a High-End would kill them.

There's also a thing with the Quirk Factor stockpile but it's a thing to be discussed in the future.

Yeah there is.
The brain damage healing thing is particularly minor. It's from when Endeavor punched Hood in the head and Hood bit on his arm, with the flames continuously burning but apparently Hood kept regenerating. In that context presumably, while they can heal from brain damage to an extent, the damage dealt wasn't that great to begin with.

It's possible for Shigaraki to come back from just his head like Hood did. But their head being completely crushed/fragmented like what Mirko did to a High-End would kill them.

There's also a thing with the Quirk Factor stockpile but it's a thing to be discussed in the future.
I mean he did come back from his head imploding

Jirou and Tokoyami are such a hype duo tbh. I love the idea of “The Demon King” being fought by the side characters and them actually putting in work on him.

In AFO’s mind, he’s the Final Boss while everyone else other than Deku and Shiggy aren’t even at his level yet. He’s “The Big Bad,” the villain, the antagonist, the ultimate challenge for the main character. He finds the thought of these side characters stepping to him laughable.

But he’s older now. He’s not in his prime. He’s hurt. So there’s always the lingering thought of “what if he can be beaten?” The fact that Jirou, one of the weaker 1A members, just pulled up and blocked a direct attack from the guy is already showing that things might not go how he envisions them. They’ve been training just as hard as Bakugo and Todoroki, so who knows what else they can do?

In game terms, it’s like the Demon King being beaten by a side character Bard and Warlock. Impossible to think of, right? But what if?

I’m so excited to see if Jirou and Tokoyami can really hang in the ring with these guys, and if the first action wasn’t a fluke. Imagine a Jirou quirk Awakening here? Or a Tokoyami Awakening?

That also makes me wonder if AFO will try to steal Tokoyami’s quirk? That would be an interesting interaction because his quirk is actually sentient, so could it fight back like OFA does?

So many questions, so much hype. My excitement is through the roof right now because JIROU VS AFO is a sentence I doubt ANYONE has ever thought of seriously.

Just like AFO, it’s laughable to think that characters like these 2 could touch the ultimate evil, let alone beat him.

But again.

There is ALWAYS a what if.

Don’t fail me now you two, at least **** him up a bit to make him scared he’s gonna lose.

Using Triangles is a good way to get a diagonal distance right? For panels that are close up to a person or persons To find the distance of something or someone far away

I thought AFO was at his limit and couldn't steal any more Quirks due to Quirk Singularity and that's why he wanted to modify his body but ended up in Shiggy...?
He was still able to steal Search. The number of Quirks he could steal is probably limited but it's entirely possible that he can still take some more Quirks as most of his stockpiled Quirks were lost after the fight with All Might. Although his injuries could've probably damaged his "hardware" as a result and lessened the number of Factors he can steal.

Quite frankly, there's also the entire issue of the All For One Quirk not really being elaborated on, and we're already in the final arc. Either Horikoshi had no idea how to expand on its origins and nature (by that I mean the number of Quirks and what Quirks it has or had) so he left it open for convenience, or he had plans to introduce them but plans changed due to his spineless editor and fans demanding a change of direction for the manga.

One of the biggest missed opportunities in MHA, IMO. Exploration of AFO (both the person and the Quirk) would've made things much more interesting and probably would've raised the stakes quite higher too, especially for the Star and Stripe arc.

So does Endeavor scales above child Dabi's 2000 Degree flames, since he can burn AFO who needed to use a flame resistance Quirk to stop his attack? Also interesting that Hawks is slowed down because of his wings, not unexcepted but good to see that if he was at full speed he'd be a bigger threat than this. Seems like the goal isn't to damage AFO, just to destroy his breathing mask which is a good idea for obvious reasons.

Really nice to see that Hell Curtain can be used as a shield to block attacks, he needs some defensive abilities. Also Endeavor brining up Super Regeneration, I need to see the official scans but is that confirmation that AFO has Super Regen or just weird translation? Endeavor could also just be wrong.

And the moment, Jiro's Super Move protecting Hawks from AFO's Air Cannon. I head canon, which means I have no proof, that Air Cannon's power can vary depending on the physical strength of the user. That a Air Cannon from Shigaraki, who is All Might strong without Quirks, would be stronger than AFO's Air Cannon.

Though AFO's Air Cannon here looked really big for some reason. I don't see two hands, as he only points one and only that hand has the Air Cannon effect on it.

Regardless this is one of the reasons we wait until the Arc Progress more or ends before making any changes or CRT based on this stuff. Since we can wait and see how Jirou and Tokoyami actually hold up instead of speculating on what changes to make right this instant. She is without a doubt much stronger than before, but by how much?

High-Ends regen from brain damage comes from not just Hood, but Woman regenerating the top part of her brain. Mirko does state it was too shallow, meaning had her kick gone deeper it would've killed her. But they can heal from some brain damage. Maybe as long as they don't instantly die they can regenerate.

So destroying the brain stem would be instant death just like with any other person.

Back