• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Hori doesn't really do long fights. His longest fight is 5 or 6 chapters and that's including stuff like flashbacks and conversations. Dabi and Shoto has basically been 4 chapters including conversations and multiple flashbacks.

However, I don't think it's the end considering some of the events of the last war arc. Dabi has to at least change things over for his side for a while before Shoto can truly win. But I'm guessing after this chapter we will cut away to another battlefield.

Hori doesn't really do long fights. His longest fight is 5 or 6 chapters and that's including stuff like flashbacks and conversations. Dabi and Shoto has basically been 4 chapters including conversations and multiple flashbacks.

However, I don't think it's the end considering some of the events of the last war arc. Dabi has to at least change things over for his side for a while before Shoto can truly win. But I'm guessing after this chapter we will cut away to another battlefield.
That's fair, fights do go fast in MHA, which I don't dislike, but the Dabi conflict been going on for basically the entire story

Feels like it needs more

It might just go like the last war where the heroes think they have won for a bit then the villains turn the tables then the heroes come on top again.

Anyway, we didn't even get to see Dabi use Prominence Burn and I feel like he will resort to it if he feels pushed to the edge.

Spoiler tags exist guys, come on.

Also, when Shoto is in Phospor mode, he gets faster. He straight up blitzes Dabi to get in close for the Arctic Tsunami.

Another thing to note, Dabi withstands the Burning Ice Blade hitting him right in the chest, so his durability should be increased.

Todoroki family are quite the monsters.

Does anyone feel like this fight was over too quickly?

Man it feels like Horikoshi is rushing to finish the story
Fight is going very similar to expectations though. Through pure logic, Dabi never really stood a chance against Shoto who has grown to such an extent, even simply by design. Dabi is just a stronger Endeavor with a weaker resistance to fire. Shoto has both Endeavor's flames and resistance on top of his ice powers. Even if his firepower is still weaker than Dabi, Shoto can totally just outlast him and Dabi will probably die before he ever inflicts any sort of fatal damage to Shoto despite his efforts.

Fight is going very similar to expectations though. Through pure logic, Dabi never really stood a chance against Shoto who has grown to such an extent, even simply by design. Dabi is just a stronger Endeavor with a weaker resistance to fire. Shoto has both Endeavor's flames and resistance on top of his ice powers. Even if his firepower is still weaker than Dabi, Shoto can totally just outlast him and Dabi will probably die before he ever inflicts any sort of fatal damage to Shoto despite his efforts.
“Truth is, the game was rigged from the start”- Shouto Todoroki, maybe

I wonder how often I have to repeat that we aren't making real changes based on the new chapters until the arc progresses more or ends.

Also Dabi's been melting the ground since last chapter, when he landed behind Todoroki the ground splashed since it was now molten. High heat equals molten rock, that is what lava/magma is. So it isn't that surprising that he is still melting the ground.

I wonder how often I have to repeat that we aren't making real changes based on the new chapters until the arc progresses more or ends.

Also Dabi's been melting the ground since last chapter, when he landed behind Todoroki the ground splashed since it was now molten. High heat equals molten rock, that is what lava/magma is. So it isn't that surprising that he is still melting the ground.
Didn’t we add resistance to pain even tho it happened in this arc

Would Dabi still get magma manipulation as an ability considering it comes from his fire

His thing isn't pain tolerance though, right? Dabi can't feel pain from what he is saying. Though he wasn't speaking literally, or I'm being really dumb? Maybe he doesn't feel the flames anymore only? Discussing new abilities and rating is fine, obviously there is no problem.

Unless we want to change the profiles every single week, there is no reason to jump on every new bit of information when things might not be what they first appear to be.

Also why does Shigaraki still have Wings and Reflect together? He literally lost reflect like a minute after gaining those wings! That is seriously bothering me. His statement of being far more powerful than AFO is also only meant for Shigaraki during and post Star and Stripe battle.

"Based on the data recorded during Star and Stripe's battle... Tomura Shigaraki is now far more powerful than even AFO." This straight up says he was not far more powerful than AFO during the Jaku fight, only now after seeing his battle with Star they can say that. Meaning 75% Shigaraki<97-98% Shigaraki.

And with the revisions/upgrades I'm holding onto to as well. There is a lot to do and plan for the future.

Dabi: Magma Generation? Do we give people who melt rock Magma Generation/Manipulation? I have no idea or answer to that. Don't ask me.

Carbon Fiber cables don't melt and Dabi didn't even melt them. They were broken apart and seem to be very flaky, I didn't see any liquid. Just that he burned them to ash. It isn't possible to even melt Carbon Fiber cables, even the page say it's theoretical.

I've seen many pages about Carbon Fibers falling at temperature from 800 to 1300 degrees Celsius. Honestly him melting rock so quickly is more impressive, I just wish I knew some way to translate that into an actual temperature. Since it clearly isn't just 2000 degrees, it's much hotter than that. Have him instantly melt tungsten.

"here in about a second Toya burned carbon fibre wire in about a second
carbon fibre has a melting point of 3600C
to do so that quickly would make a much higher temperature than that
Dabis flashfire excluding prominence burn(his max heat) is 4600C-5000C
thats about 8312 degrees-9032degrees fahrenheit.
this is very interesting considering there is a compound called Dicyanoacetylene
also knwon as carbon subnitrate C^4N^2
which known to burn at around 9010 degrees fahrenheit
heres my theory on this quirk mix
Rei's nitrogen base for ice production is Toyas fuel source
so when he burns it thats why he has crazy hot flames
anotehr thing that(I witnessed this in the lab as well)
carbon subnitride also burns a bright blue with a white inside
and what do we see from Toyas flashfire" - someone in the mha discord with a physics degree
here it is

Of course, random discord quote that totally isn't made up is 100% trustworthy.

In all seriousness, whoever said that needs to source his information. Because 5000C Dabi scales to Shoto's heat resistance as well.

Holy crap that quote came from 2020, how has it almost been two years since the end of the war arc!?

He also liquified the All Might statue which should be metallic right?
He already had fire over 2000 Degrees when he was a kid and didn't know Flashfire. So melting unknown metal, possible gold, copper, or iron/steel isn't that impressive.

Since those have a melting point from 1064 to 1538 degrees. The statue was made of tungsten hype?

He already had fire over 2000 Degrees when he was a kid and didn't know Flashfire. So melting unknown metal, possible gold, copper, or iron/steel isn't that impressive.

Since those have a melting point from 1064 to 1538 degrees. The statue was made of tungsten hype?
Could also be some of the higher ones, like iridium (over 2400 degrees), or any of the others ones used in airplanes cause that shit gotta be stronk

The most common metal for statues is bronze, but gold, silver, aluminum, copper, brass, lead, and iron have been used as well.

Bronze (913c), Gold (1064c), Silver (961c), Aluminum (660c), Copper (1085c), Lead (327c), and Iron (1538c). God there are like... so many metals I don't know about.

My source if google. Truly I am a genius.

The most common metal for statues is bronze, but gold, silver, aluminum, copper, brass, lead, and iron have been used as well.

Bronze (913c), Gold (1064c), Silver (961c), Aluminum (660c), Copper (1085c), Lead (327c), and Iron (1538c). God there are like... so many metals I don't know about.

My source if google. Truly I am a genius.
Tell me O’Rusted One how art thou so wise that thou art able to deconstruct a point in such few words

Since Vigilantes will finish in 2 weeks, I think we should start thinking about the changes in the MHA:V profiles, especially The Crawler Skycrawler and Number 6 ones

Koichi will be getting some keys, since obviously he isn't the same as he was in the start of the series. He has been through changes and growth.

Knuckleduster will have two keys as well, for his O'Clock and Knuckleduster persona.

I've been thinking of giving Hood, Mirko, and Rappa some Vigilante keys as well. How does that sound?

And Number 6's speed will use the multiplier instead of the calc, both are MHS in the end. Along with his profile getting reworked with his new abilities and such.

Back