• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yep, out of shonen writers Hori is definitely strange in a way considering how he creates OP powers then nerfs them severely. I get some of these characters are students and probably that is the reason for the nerf but people like Ochako, Kaminari, even Hagakure and Aoyama have so much potential. Even Koda of all people considering his quirk is basically what some characters in comics like DC use and still become OP.

Sato, Iida, Bakugo, etc there's a bajillion ways Hori could give all these students power-ups.

Gravity powers are OP, Light manipulation is OP, telepathy is OP (look at some Aquaman runs where his telepathy was enhanced to even work on all life including humans). I could see an enhanced Koda doing for example what Dictator did when fighting Deku.

At least Shinso got a power-up for the final act. Monoma didn't get one but he finally copied some actual OP quirks.
Ngl I’d rather take a series with weaker powers over all rather than this character is basically god but just doesn’t do anything or having to come up with some sort of equaliser so certain characters aren’t untouchable or characters losing unconvincingly.

Still hoping Uraraka gets an awakening though. Something like altering the direction of gravity or being able to spread her Zero Gravity like Shiggy’s Decay will awesome.

Ngl I’d rather take a series with weaker powers over all rather than this character is basically god but just doesn’t do anything or having to come up with some sort of equaliser so certain characters aren’t untouchable or characters losing unconvincingly.
But in order to balance that, he could make a bunch of abilities be very strong but still make it so it’s the norm, kinda like JJK

Like cmon bruh, Hori thought of having Uraraka manipulate gravity but only extended the powers to her making herself float??? Boring

But in order to balance that, he could make a bunch of abilities be very strong but still make it so it’s the norm, kinda like JJK

Like cmon bruh, Hori thought of having Uraraka manipulate gravity but only extended the powers to her making herself float??? Boring
JJK works because CE as a power system has tons of exceptions and hard counters that have been developed. Mha’s power system is basically OP’s devil fruits but more balanced and if it wasn’t and didn’t have equalisers you get Bleach type stuff.

Last edited:
65cddd3ba0d111377c805106e1f77dddb2efefae.jpg

Horikoshi likely had far better plans than what we're currently getting served, and all of them got shafted because of him submitting to what his mentally inept audience is demanding of him. His editor likely doesn't help at all either.

MHA would be 10x the superior story than what it currently is if Hori simply did not give a shit about his dumbass fanbase and just wrote whatever the hell he wanted to, if these interviews are anything to go by.

Likely, we also have to remember that he has to submit this to a Jump, so he may have to keep it the way they Want it.
Now if he gave us a word doc on all the original plans

True. I wish Hori just got to do his thing without too much pressure or outside influence.
I'm reluctant to call it a dip in quality, but the series changed for sure. Even though I'm addicted and it's my favorite series, I was a lot more invested and intrigued up until the first war arc.

At some point, I stopped caring as much for MHA and I don’t know when and why that happened
Probably because ya lost interest in the story or characters? Eh idk, I still find interest in my own interpretation of things but sometimes you just lose interest without reason or an idea it’s happening. Ya just found things ya liked more, that’s fine

i mean you cant blame the editor for everything i think that horikoshi just got burned out from making weekly chapters for so long, like his recent comments have been depressing and the last one was a wtf take a break dude kind of comment

I'd bet if Hori was allowed to write MHA in his own vision without deviating too much from his plans then I doubt he would seem burnt out and tired in general, disregarding the fact that all mangaka are worked to death in the first place.

A reminder how Horikoshi wanted to take MHA to a darker direction but his imbecilic fans who only wants sunshine and rainbows resulted to those plans being shafted. MVA suffered because of it by having the anime adaptation messed up, and we're lucky the War arc was as good as it ended up being before we got that sorry excuse of a length for the Deku Dark arc.

At this point I just want to see Horikoshi wrap things up nicely, I don't even blame him for seeming to have been checking off plot points off a list. Maybe leave several impressive feats on the way out too since that's one of the only remaining things I care about at this point in the manga.

I'd bet if Hori was allowed to write MHA in his own vision without deviating too much from his plans then I doubt he would seem burnt out and tired in general, disregarding the fact that all mangaka are worked to death in the first place.

A reminder how Horikoshi wanted to take MHA to a darker direction but his imbecilic fans who only wants sunshine and rainbows resulted to those plans being shafted. MVA suffered because of it by having the anime adaptation messed up, and we're lucky the War arc was as good as it ended up being before we got that sorry excuse of a length for the Deku Dark arc.

At this point I just want to see Horikoshi wrap things up nicely, I don't even blame him for seeming to have been checking off plot points off a list. Maybe leave several impressive feats on the way out too since that's one of the only remaining things I care about at this point in the manga.
i mean mha is horikoshis only successful manga , he said that if mha gets the axe hes done being a mangaka plus you know the shounen jump only wants money a if the readers didnt like it they would have 100% axed it(this is like forest training arc time mha wasn't as successful as it was now) like what happened with toriko, samurai 8 etc

i mean mha is horikoshis only successful manga , he said that if mha gets the axe hes done being a mangaka plus you know the shounen jump only wants money a if the readers didnt like it they would have 100% axed it(this is like forest training arc time mha wasn't as successful as it was now) like what happened with toriko, samurai 8 etc
Which is a shame, because I looked up Oumagadoki Zoo online, and it was actually pretty alright. He clearly did his research on animals for that one...

AFO uses multiple enhancements to just be comparable to All Might. He was stacking a lot for his Air Cannon when he fired at him. AFO's rating is already taking into account his Quirks, since without them he probably can't even hurt All Might. Multiple strength enhancers, multiple kinetic boosters, and Spring-like Limbs to enhance one Air Cannon blast that equals All Might's punch.

Shigaraki has yet to use any kind of physical strength enhancement to our knowledge. Heavy Payload is not explained and at best increases the power of his ranged attacks. Air Cannon by itself is weaker than Shigaraki's own physical strength, as we can compare with Endeavor being hit directly by both and taking more damage from the punch.

So Air Cannon with Heavy Payload has no reason to be higher than his own physical strength. Shigaraki has yet to use a Quirk that makes him stronger than his own physical strength, unless I'm missing something.

AFO uses multiple enhancements to just be comparable to All Might. He was stacking a lot for his Air Cannon when he fired at him. AFO's rating is already taking into account his Quirks, since without them he probably can't even hurt All Might. Multiple strength enhancers, multiple kinetic boosters, and Spring-like Limbs to enhance one Air Cannon blast that equals All Might's punch.

Shigaraki has yet to use any kind of physical strength enhancement to our knowledge. Heavy Payload is not explained and at best increases the power of his ranged attacks. Air Cannon by itself is weaker than Shigaraki's own physical strength, as we can compare with Endeavor being hit directly by both and taking more damage from the punch.

Shigaraki has yet to use a Quirk that makes him stronger than his own physical strength, unless I'm missing something.
Afo never actually physically matched AM as he noted whenever they clashed (except for the final time) that AM was pulling his punches.

He used Spring like limbs to launch himself at Star.

What?

What does that have to do with anything you or I said?

Also we have no idea what Quirk Shigaraki used (Unless it was stated), and we don't know what Spring-Like Limbs even does.

What?

What does that have to do with anything you or I said?

Also we have no idea what Quirk Shigaraki used (Unless it was stated), and we don't know what Spring-Like Limbs even does.
When AM cancelled the Air Cannon AFO notes AM still isn’t fighting at full power.

Considering AFO uses Spring like limbs to boost his air cannon and Tomura uses it to launch himself at Star it seems like it boosts the force produced. Star even says “Using monstrous strength to move through the air” when he does it.

I still don't understand what you're saying about AFO. What rating do you want? I'm so lost right now. AFO's rating is already accounting for him using his Quirks.

Also Star's statement implies Shigaraki didn't even use a Quirk, just swung his arm to propel himself. Why are you saying he used Spring-like limbs in the first place, when was that stated?

I still don't understand what you're saying about AFO. What rating do you want? I'm so lost right now. AFO's rating is already accounting for him using his Quirks.

Also Star's statement implies Shigaraki didn't even use a Quirk, just swung his arm to propel himself. Why are you saying Spring-like limbs in the first place, when was that stated?
Eh nvm about AFO then.

His arm literally takes the same shape AFO’s arm does when he launches himself at her. Should I bring the panel?

His arm literally takes the same shape AFO’s arm does when he launches himself at her. Should I bring the panel?
How is it the same shape? I know what panel you're talking about. A little insulting you think I don't. (Yes this is sarcasm)

His arm twnges and he launches himself. I don't see where are we to assume he 100% used Spring-Like limbs when it is never stated. And Star's statement literally says he is using his monstrous strength and not a Quirk.

How is it the same shape? I know what panel you're talking about. A little insulting you think I don't. (Yes this is sarcasm)

His arm twnges and he launches himself. I don't see where are we to assume he 100% used Spring-Like limbs when it is never stated. And Star's statement literally says he is using his monstrous strength and not a Quirk.
Ehhhh it looks like Springlike Limbs to me but yeah it wasn’t stated that he was using it so I’ll concede on that.

In case anyone is unaware, there is a CRT going on to upgrade Awakened Shigaraki's durability and Re-Destro.

Hawks Villain Report is some new thing that came out recently, I'm sure they were mentioned earlier in the thread. Where the Shigaraki Infinite Hand things came from.

Also Bakugo wouldn't be High 7-A, since Shigaraki will not be High 7-A unless he tanks 100% blows from Izuku or has another feat. Unless something changes Prime All Might and Complete Shigaraki will be At least 7-A. As Prime All Might has zero reason to scale to current 100% Izuku.

I forgot that Prime All Might is not scaling to Current Deku
I mean he still can get to high 7-A. Whether or not we assume Wounded (second key) scales to JT or not. There just needs to be a large gap in power (which we know happens) I.e 636 x 1.3 for wounded and then that x 1.3 to prime. (If he does scale to JT then a 1.5x boost gets him to 1.1 GT but sssssssssh)
of course, that’s if we want to stretch

Back