• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

MHA is definitely a vague verse especially in terms of speed and even strength to some extent. With speed, apart from characters with clear supersonic feats we don't really get any other statements or anything.

With other verses, we have statements like "lightning fast" or as "fast as light" thrown out early on (Bleach databooks were notorious for this) but with MHA even the databooks don't have such things.

MHA is definitely a vague verse especially in terms of speed and even strength to some extent. With speed, apart from characters with clear supersonic feats we don't really get any other statements or anything.

With other verses, we have statements like "lightning fast" or as "fast as light" thrown out early on (Bleach databooks were notorious for this) but with MHA even the databooks don't have such things.
Only things in the data book I can think of as concrete statements for stats are Hawks and Edgeshot are supersonic.

Databook also said that All Might was as fast a train IIRC.
I'm pretty sure the Databook says he is faster than a train instead of "as fast as a train".

"Faster than a locomotive" is just a Superman callback same way "faster than a speeding bullet" used in Deku Black arc is another Superman catchphrase.

First, All Might's statement puts him above train speed and in the second instance, above bullet speed, but in both Superman & All Might's case these statements aren't accurate representations of their top speed. They are just catchphrases that put their speed vaguely above the speed of things readers can understand.

Nah , those are the naruto databooks , bleach's databooks have "light" statements but not "lightspeed" statements that i know off

No one has the villain report translations yet? I know it's not anything new but I've been looking for translations for days now.

I thought drowning can bypass regeneration since there’s no damage

I mean if the nomu isn’t damaged. Just drown them.
No it wouldn’t work like that. Drowning does interior damage to lungs. Specifically pulmonary embolism in which passages in the lungs get blocked off, not via water but from the body going into shock.

Also has said above they can still speak and stuff (like hood) with their lungs gone, I don’t think they need air (Shigaraki likely used air cannon because the sudden change causes damage to the body via the pressure difference)

No it wouldn’t work like that. Drowning does interior damage to lungs. Specifically pulmonary embolism in which passages in the lungs get blocked off, not via water but from the body going into shock.

Also has said above they can still speak and stuff (like hood) with their lungs gone, I don’t think they need air (Shigaraki likely used air cannon because the sudden change causes damage to the body via the pressure difference)

would the easiest way to circumvent their regeneration is to blow their 🧠 out?

can’t regenerate if their brains are destroyed/blown out

Very true if the they could get smaller versions of America’s lasers they might do better. As of now best method the heroes have is gang up and let the big gun land the hit like they did for Endeavor.
Question if all the regeneration in MHA is mid

then why is shigaraki has best regeneration? (It’s still mid?)

Also Even if has the best.

explain to me this. (You said endeavor has trouble despite having the counter to MHA regeneration)

yet his flames almost killed shigaraki who has like the best one yet

Question if all the regeneration in MHA is mid

then why is shigaraki has best regeneration? (It’s still mid?)

Also Even if has the best.

explain to me this. (You said endeavor has trouble despite having the counter to MHA regeneration)

yet his flames almost killed shigaraki who has like the best one yet
His regen is likely best cause his body is inherently different. He also handles extreme heat better than the Nomu seem to anyway.

All regen in mha is mid because they all need the head to regen.

Endeavor has trouble cause he’s relatively slow and he only has so many lethal attacks in him. Missing is especially bad for him because overheating makes him slower and weaker. When he actually gets a shot in it’s considered very threatening or kills the Nomu like against Hood or Woman.

His regen is likely best cause his body is inherently different. He also handles extreme heat better than the Nomu seem to anyway.

All regen in mha is mid because they all need the head to regen.

Endeavor has trouble cause he’s relatively slow and he only has so many lethal attacks in him. Missing is especially bad for him because overheating makes him slower and weaker. When he actually gets a shot in it’s considered very threatening or kills the Nomu like against Hood or Woman.
How did he almost kill shigaraki though is it cause he’s more human than a nomu? Different physiology

Back