• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How did he almost kill shigaraki though is it cause he’s more human than a nomu? Different physiology
He landed a sustained, point blank Prominence Burn on him while Tomura’s regen had slowed due to:
1. His body was incomplete
2. He forced himself past his limits while his quirks were turned off by Aizawa which had a a lingering after effect.

skipped Thad straight to Lad
Couldn’t find lad shigaraki this the best I can do

1lijaykgua421.jpg

Twice is another case of “if he ran into someone like Deku early on he’d be good”

I think by the time of the Overhaul arc he was too attached to the league to become a hero tho

i mean a lot of the MHA villains were tragic villains.

shigaraki: if someone like deku found him he would have turned good. Stop the bystander syndrome since everyone expected a hero to do it

dabi: abandoned by his family and thought was dead. I can understand why he hates his dad and everyone so much.

toga: treated like a freak because of the blood thing. Maybe if a psychiatrist or someone stepped in they could help.

spinner: discriminated because he looked like a lizard seriously no one helped him. Only the baddies which is way he decided to join them cause only they helped him.

also I feel like even though the league of villains are evil. They do have a point on how the hero association is flawed and rotten from the bottom up. It’s the reason behind the bystander syndrome and discrimination and I sweep away those I couldn’t save thing.

Is there any ways to have infinte fa jin as in without doing stretching and jumping and all?.
I think doing stretching and specific movements, like jumping jacks, is what loads the most energy into Fa Jin.
That said, it's very possible to do actions such as stretching your arm back before punching (something Izuku already does) to utilize Fa Jin on the go and mid-combat. We technically see this in chapter 349, where Deku is essentially flying while saying Fa Jin is one of the quirks he uses to increase his speed, as he didn't load up Fa Jin before leaving the battlefield, it's something he does on the go.

I had a weird dream that Bakugou’s quirk evolution was actually time manipulation and time travel, and I was reading the MHA manga and it was showing that Bakugou was the 2nd OFA user

I had a weird dream that Bakugou’s quirk evolution was actually time manipulation and time travel, and I was reading the MHA manga and it was showing that Bakugou was the 2nd OFA user
Luckily this won’t happen unless he explodes time in which, that would be both cool, and plot breaking

Can I make a vs match with a characters in entirely different tiers (like 7 vs 5) if the lower character has an instant GG ability and I unequalized speed because the lower tier character is faster

Ochako need an awakening so bad she’s fodder outside of her martial arts capabilities
She’s not the worst but holy god does she need showings. She barely has any martial arts outside of moderate takedowns.

Her quirk is pretty decent if she uses it on something big, and her grappling hooks make her a lot better at ranged fighting with the satellites attack.

But please for the love of god Horikoshi give her a busted awakening so she can deal with Toga+Twice Blood by herself to show how she can keep up with the other top tiers in her own way. She is legit the only hope that area has since any other heroes are 200km away and the people that were sent there are getting beat up by a High End already. Let her be the difference I beg you.

She’s not the worst but holy god does she need showings. She barely has any martial arts outside of moderate takedowns.

Her quirk is pretty decent if she uses it on something big, and her grappling hooks make her a lot better at ranged fighting with the satellites attack.

But please for the love of god Horikoshi give her a busted awakening so she can deal with Toga+Twice Blood by herself to show how she can keep up with the other top tiers in her own way. She is legit the only hope that area has since any other heroes are 200km away and the people that were sent there are getting beat up by a High End already. Let her be the difference I beg you.
Toga summons thousands of Twice clones and Uraraka creates a black hole with her quirk awakening, or gains telekinesis or something idk

Yep, out of shonen writers Hori is definitely strange in a way considering how he creates OP powers then nerfs them severely. I get some of these characters are students and probably that is the reason for the nerf but people like Ochako, Kaminari, even Hagakure and Aoyama have so much potential. Even Koda of all people considering his quirk is basically what some characters in comics like DC use and still become OP.

Sato, Iida, Bakugo, etc there's a bajillion ways Hori could give all these students power-ups.

Gravity powers are OP, Light manipulation is OP, telepathy is OP (look at some Aquaman runs where his telepathy was enhanced to even work on all life including humans). I could see an enhanced Koda doing for example what Dictator did when fighting Deku.

At least Shinso got a power-up for the final act. Monoma didn't get one but he finally copied some actual OP quirks.

Back