• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yep, we need to make a new High 7-A key for 97-98% AFO Shigaraki
Why? He needs a new key but At least 7-A. Prime All Might has no reason to scale to 100% Izuku who almost ripped of Shigaraki's jaw.

There is no High 7-A feat, that level only belongs to Izuku until something new happens. Such as Shigaraki new strength being on par with 100% or something, but that is speculation we cannot make. Nor can we assuming Current 100% and Prime All Might are equal to each other.

Izuku implied that Faux 100% is on par with All Might. "What I'm capable of now is on par with you at 100 percent, and no recoil to boot!"

Note: Izuku meaning Faux 100% or not isn't the point, nor is the point of him being right or wrong. If he is wrong than obvious we have no reason to assume Prime All Might is stronger. Instead At least 7-A is a fine rating, unless new information comes out to change it.

If he is right, that only means Faux 100% is on par with Prime All Might and that doesn't mean 100% is on par with All Might. Faux 100% could just be comparable but weaker, Izuku's 100% is baseline High 7-A or 1 GT. Anything weaker would automatically be 7-A.

Regardless of what you believe, Shigaraki cannot be High 7-A with are current knowledge. The only thing that is High 7-A almost ripped his jaw off, and we have no reason to believe he can withstand those attacks without much damage. Not until we actually have scaling to go off of.

The gap between 638 MT is far too big to upscale either. The difference is over 1.5X, and not allowed for upscaling. So At least 7-A for a new key of Shigaraki.

I know we're waiting regardless, but I want to make this clear. Shigaraki will not be High 7-A based on the information we have, as Prime All Might will no longer be High 7-A either. Unless someone can provide factual evidence that Prime All Might is equal or stronger than current 100% Izuku.

Jaku Shigaraki is weaker than both Prime All Might and 100%, but that doesn't mean Prime All Might and 100% are equals either. Even just a 1 percent difference would make Prime All Might 7-A and not High 7-A. Unless you can prove without a doubt that they're dead equal, Prime All Might has no reason to scale to current 100%.

Faux 100% requires the combined kinetic energy of several of 45% Deku's kicks plus Blackwhip.

So it's pretty obvious to me that Faux 100% is easily High 7-A based on what is required for its use.

Faux 100% requires the combined kinetic energy of several of 45% Deku's kicks plus Blackwhip.

So it's pretty obvious to me that Faux 100% is easily High 7-A based on what is required for its use.
why can’t we do what we did for Monama being several times weaker then 8%, just in the opposite direction

Why does shigaraki not have a new key for the star and stripe arc? He was stated to be stronger then before and it’s a new arc entirely, a new key is 100% warranted

About Shigaraki, Deku, All Might and All For One; I saw that Star and Stripe is on level 6-C. But in my opinion, therefore, these characters should also be in 6-C, as they are most likely all more powerful than Star and Stripe. That is, the Tiamat did not even kill the Noumu, let alone AFO; AM, SHigaraki or Deku, which are superior. What do you think about it?

Always felt like narratively Prime AM is implied to be > Tiamat missiles. Shigaraki is able to survive high power lasers from the jets, Miruko and Hawks are stated to be much faster than futuristic planes, and Prime AM is stated to be the world’s greatest hero

Always felt like narratively Prime AM is implied to be > Tiamat missiles. Shigaraki is able to survive high power lasers from the jets, Miruko and Hawks are stated to be much faster than futuristic planes, and Prime AM is stated to be the world’s greatest hero
Well yeah he is but as we’ve seen AM isn’t some super OP god. Endeavor doesn’t get one tapped by someone who’s rivalling prime AM physically.

Why? He needs a new key but At least 7-A. Prime All Might has no reason to scale to 100% Izuku who almost ripped of Shigaraki's jaw.

There is no High 7-A feat, that level only belongs to Izuku until something new happens. Such as Shigaraki new strength being on par with 100% or something, but that is speculation we cannot make. Nor can we assuming Current 100% and Prime All Might are equal to each other.

Izuku implied that Faux 100% is on par with All Might. "What I'm capable of now is on par with you at 100 percent, and no recoil to boot!"

Note: Izuku meaning Faux 100% or not isn't the point, nor is the point of him being right or wrong. If he is wrong than obvious we have no reason to assume Prime All Might is stronger. Instead At least 7-A is a fine rating, unless new information comes out to change it.

If he is right, that only means Faux 100% is on par with Prime All Might and that doesn't mean 100% is on par with All Might. Faux 100% could just be comparable but weaker, Izuku's 100% is baseline High 7-A or 1 GT. Anything weaker would automatically be 7-A.

Regardless of what you believe, Shigaraki cannot be High 7-A with are current knowledge. The only thing that is High 7-A almost ripped his jaw off, and we have no reason to believe he can withstand those attacks without much damage. Not until we actually have scaling to go off of.

The gap between 638 MT is far too big to upscale either. The difference is over 1.5X, and not allowed for upscaling. So At least 7-A for a new key of Shigaraki.

I know we're waiting regardless, but I want to make this clear. Shigaraki will not be High 7-A based on the information we have, as Prime All Might will no longer be High 7-A either. Unless someone can provide factual evidence that Prime All Might is equal or stronger than current 100% Izuku.

Jaku Shigaraki is weaker than both Prime All Might and 100%, but that doesn't mean Prime All Might and 100% are equals either. Even just a 1 percent difference would make Prime All Might 7-A and not High 7-A. Unless you can prove without a doubt that they're dead equal, Prime All Might has no reason to scale to current 100%.
Man you could’ve just said Prime All Might shouldn’t be High 7-A and I’d understand 😭

That isn't something I considered, I admit you got me there. It makes sense to me as well, surprised I didn't realize something so simple.
Why does shigaraki not have a new key for the star and stripe arc? He was stated to be stronger then before and it’s a new arc entirely, a new key is 100% warranted
Shigaraki is not stated to be stronger during the fight with Star and Stripe and we have no reason to believe he was. Him being almost fused with AFO doesn't mean much of anything, as he did not showcase anything to suggest he was physically stronger.

Man you could’ve just said Prime All Might shouldn’t be High 7-A and I’d understand 😭

I did, it seems like you didn't notice, so I decided a different approach was necessary.

Prime All Might was only High 7-A via scaling to 100% Izuku almost ripping off Shigaraki's Jaw and being superior to the Heroes Rising feat. But obviously Izuku's current 100% is superior to All Might's and shouldn't scale. All Might will lose his High 7-A and will become At least 7-A.

That’s not how the power works though. The energy built up is not the combined power of several of his kicks it’s just energy from motion. Nothing ever says it’s the power of several 45% attacks rolled into one shot.

That’s not how the power works though. The energy built up is not the combined power of several of his kicks it’s just energy from motion. Nothing ever says it’s the power of several 45% attacks rolled into one shot.
And that energy from motion is baseline 7-A+, what's your point?

Shigaraki is not stated to be stronger during the fight with Star and Stripe and we have no reason to believe he was. Him being almost fused with AFO doesn't mean much of anything, as he did not showcase anything to suggest he was physically stronger.
wasnt he literally stated to be stronger then AFO during that fight

Shiggy went from Ujiko claiming he’s not quite as strong as All Might to every source in history saying he is on the level of Prime All Might.

Clearly he got stronger unless the doctor was just off his rocker when he made that statement.
We had the as strong as AM statements as far back as when Ujiko said his statement though. He’s most likely somewhat weaker than AM but these people can’t tell cause the difference isn’t big at all.

Jeanist’s statement is even weird cause when has he seen Prime AM move at top speed?

I mean if the main argument here is whether he needs a new key or not, he does. His tier is irrelevant. He’s displaying new abilities like his growth that he trained for and did not have a month prior during the war. Trying to merge current Tomura and PLF War Tomura is just disingenuous imo
I was just arguing that he doesn’t need a tier jump. A new key is definitely in order.

I was just arguing that he doesn’t need a tier jump. A new key is definitely in order.
I mean even if Wounded AM (like his second key or before USJ) is only 1.1x stronger the USJ AM (which is likely, he does confirm he gets much weaker With his limit) then a 1.5x boost from that would be 1.65x x 636.9 or 1.049 GT (Of course, this is fun and games, likely never gonna actually be accepted)

Horikoshi himself is even writing down his strength is on par with All Might in his Prime. Or am I wrong about the translation I was seeing above? That is confirmation as it fits with Jeanist, who has no reason to make up stuff when he works with All Might, stated with confidence that Shigaraki has speed on par with Prime All Might.

The Doctor is also reliable, he literally made Shigaraki this strong so when he says Jaku Shiggy is not on par with All Might it has to be true. Unless future evidence comes out to disregard his statement. For both of these statements to be true, the result is obvious. Shigaraki has become stronger from being completed or being VERY close to completion.

Last edited:
I think a huge reason people have an issue with Shigaraki = Prime All Might statements is the lack of feats of that caliber from Shigaraki.

Hopefully he does something of that level soon so that this debate can end. Cause again, if you look at the series you can see that even a weak All Might on wearing weights in exam arc has a way better strength/air pressure feat than present Shigaraki. Same for stuff like lifting where the current Shigaraki barely has any lifting feats.

Again, same for speed. We are told he is Prime All Might level, but again to me the speed difference between Faux 100% & 45% seems way too huge, almost exponential. Considering Shigaraki was not much faster than 45% back in the previous war, his speed feats really leave much to be desired. And if we bring Vigs into the question, they aren't anywhere near Vigs All Might level.

So most people will go round and round until Shigaraki actually gets those feats apart from obviously durability since Hori has shown him tanking tons of stuff. But for strength (striking & lifting) and speed, he needs his own impressive feats.

In terms of durability I think Gran Torino might downscale as well. When he was grappling with Shigaraki, and Endeavor was coming I think Shigaraki hit him in the stomach. You can see that there is another force different from Shigaraki's jump that seems to be hitting Gran Torino in the stomach.

However I have no idea what to label him, Shigaraki punches through him as well. I don't think he is as durable as Endeavor and 45% who are baseline 7-A+. Though maybe the fact Gran Torino was laying on the ground instead of being in the air helped out there? Maybe baseline 7-A (100 MT)?

I don't know how Impact Recoil works, since it seem to effect All Might's arm before he hit Gran Torino. So maybe something happened which made Gran Torino take less damage.

In terms of durability I think Gran Torino might downscale as well. When he was grappling with Shigaraki, and Endeavor was coming I think Shigaraki hit him in the stomach. You can see that there is another force different from Shigaraki's jump that seems to be hitting Gran Torino in the stomach.

However I have no idea what to label him, Shigaraki punches through him as well. I don't think he is as durable as Endeavor and 45% who are baseline 7-A+. Though maybe the fact Gran Torino was laying on the ground instead of being in the air helped out there? Maybe baseline 7-A (100 MT)?

I don't know how Impact Recoil works, since it seem to effect All Might's arm before he hit Gran Torino. So maybe something happened which made Gran Torino take less damage.
7A for GT works I guess. Maybe his durability is like Invincible logic. Sometimes he gets donut punch sometimes he just takes lots of damage

This makes more sense to me. Wasn't Deku basically just doing some stretching to build up Fa Jin during the Nagant fight?
Inb4 7-A leg stretches?

This makes more sense to me. Wasn't Deku basically just doing some stretching to build up Fa Jin during the Nagant fight?
Inb4 7-A leg stretches?
The description of fa-Jin is literally “energy stored from repeated motions that can be released later.” It’s energy from 45%‘s movement, and no he wasn’t just doing leg stretches, he used blackwhip to throw out distractions from four separate corners at the same time (using 45%’s strength), and then went into the building we see him jump out from to run up it (told in the extras of Vol 32 I believe)

The description of fa-Jin is literally “energy stored from repeated motions that can be released later.” It’s energy from 45%‘s movement, and no he wasn’t just doing leg stretches, he used blackwhip to throw out distractions from four separate corners at the same time (using 45%’s strength), and then went into the building we see him jump out from to run up it (told in the extras of Vol 32 I believe)
He basically was doing stretches as he flexes and extends his legs but doesn’t alter his position in the air plus his first use of Fa Jin is from squats.

He basically was doing stretches as he flexes and extends his legs but doesn’t alter his position in the air plus his first use of Fa Jin is from squats.
His first use was a squat yes, but that doesn’t mean the rest of them were? If he was using Fa-Jin to store energy I don’t think he would waste the opportunity to get much more energy from Fa-Jin uses.
He’s storing energy from 45%. If it wasn’t energy equal to 45% being stored each time why would he use it? Something barely stronger then his current percentage that has to be charged over time isn’t a good win con, he knows this.

His first use was a squat yes, but that doesn’t mean the rest of them were? If he was using Fa-Jin to store energy I don’t think he would waste the opportunity to get much more energy from Fa-Jin uses.
We see him do squats then get ready for his distraction. Nothing suggests he did any more after that. On top of this we don’t actually know if the force of the movement even matters. It just says: energy from repeated movements, not: the stronger the action the more the force.

Back