• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I just realized we have overclock (from vigs) having multipliers of 3,10 and 24, but Koichi has HHS speed because he dodged blows from a serious number six, which is assuming the x10 from the original speed calc.
now that they scale to Mach 7 (I think They scale to the bullet dodge from Deku) should we change the scaling and stuff (the x3 is Mach 21 and x10 is Mach 70 or HHS+ for Koichi, 10%,15%,and 20% are likely all HHS for being faster then overhaul who can casual clap Rappa who is equal to the x3 overclock 8% could possibly downscale?)

I just realized we have overclock (from vigs) having multipliers of 3,10 and 24, but Koichi has HHS speed because he dodged blows from a serious number six, which is assuming the x10 from the original speed calc.
now that they scale to Mach 7 (I think They scale to the bullet dodge from Deku) should we change the scaling and stuff (the x3 is Mach 21 and x10 is Mach 70 or HHS+ for Koichi, 10%,15%,and 20% are likely all HHS for being faster then overhaul who can casual clap Rappa who is equal to the x3 overclock 8% could possibly downscale?)
This could work

They have no reason to scale to Izuku to my knowledge.
Quote from knuckle dusters page “able to somewhat keep up with a young eraser head, who as a pro hero, should still be massively superior to most heroes in training.” So he’s either massively superior to 8% (who is superior to 5% which is Mach 7) or he’s scaling to someone above 5%, 5% is the one which makes the most sense, as by this point 8% is fast enough to outpace many low ranking heroes and fight gentle, who is already a career criminal who we likely can Say is superior to lower pros (even 5% near blitzed hired mercenaries in Two Heroes)
also by considering them to be massively superior to 8%, they’re likely baseline HS+ from upscaling and being >>>> Mach 7, so the x3 would be HHS and the X10 and X24 would both be MHS

A younger Aizawa has no reason to scale to 5% Izuku, as he could be slower.

But if people disagree with me on that I don't mind. However having Izuku as just a hero in training or a student is vastly insulting to his own abilities. He is not most student, and I feel auto scaling pros above the students is not a good idea. Since heroes specialize in many things. Aizawa is a physical fighter however, and has the scaling to back it up. I just don't feel like scaling a younger, possible slower Aizawa is a good idea.

But like I said, I don't really mind all that much.

i agree that Aizawa is likely somewhat slower then his current counterpart, which is why I’m scaling him to 5%, as “most heroes in training” likely could also be a reference to class 1-A & 1-B during the JT arc in which they all are at HS from scaling to 8%

Feels weird to have this scaling when 5% is shown to be on par with Iida's Recipro Extend, a super move from a speed based Quirk that blitzed a lot of students. And the students who do scale are superior to a lot of Pro Heroes.

2400 x 3 = 7200 m/s, Mach 20.99, or Hypersonic+ (Upscaling to High Hypersonic for 20% seems fine to me. 10% and 15% aren't confirmed faster than Overhaul, they're just faster than 8% but slower than 20% which is faster than Overhaul)

2400 x 10 = 24000 m/s, Mach 69.97, or High Hypersonic+

2400 x 24 = 57600 m/s, Mach 167.93, or Massively Hypersonic (This the time where I say this is what Koichi should scale to, since Number 6 isn't able to blitz his instinct reactions. And his emergency situation speed isn't stated to be something he can't use on command. It's called that because it causes the biggest brain drain, and should only be used when he really needs it. Number 6 entered a state where his body no longer needed to turn off Overclock, and he can permanently stay in Overclock)

However I want to hear what others have to say about this. Like I said, I'll just follow what the majority says.

Feels weird to have this scaling when 5% is shown to be on par with Iida's Recipro Extend, a super move from a speed based Quirk that blitzed a lot of students. And the students who do scale are superior to a lot of Pro Heroes.

2400 x 3 = 7200 m/s, Mach 20.99, or Hypersonic+ (Upscaling to High Hypersonic for 20% seems fine to me. 10% and 15% aren't confirmed faster than Overhaul, they're just faster than 8% but slower than 20% which is faster than Overhaul)

2400 x 10 = 24000 m/s, Mach 69.97, or High Hypersonic+

2400 x 24 = 57600 m/s, Mach 167.93, or Massively Hypersonic (This the time where I say this is what Koichi should scale to, since Number 6 isn't able to blitz his instinct reactions. And his emergency situation speed isn't stated to be something he can't use on command. It's called that because it causes the biggest brain drain, and should only be used when he really needs it. Number 6 entered a state where his body no longer needed to turn off Overclock, and he can permanently stay in Overclock)

However I want to hear what others have to say about this. Like I said, I'll just follow what the majority says.
I agree with the scaling for Koichi
(it just seems weird to me that 8%, who is nearing the speed of lemillion, which is already nearing the cap, would be near identical in speed to 10% and 15%)
actually that does raise the question of how 8% scales. Deku fights with Mirio and alongside Mirio and seems to be comparable but slower, so does he downscale?

Quick question, does Mirio phase through light as well? Because he's still visible while phasing, so I'd assume light still bounces off of him.

If light does bounce off him, then that's an anti statement for Aoyama's laser being light technically as it passes through him, but natural light doesn't.

Quick question, does Mirio phase through light as well? Because he's still visible while phasing, so I'd assume light still bounces off of him.

If light does bounce off him, then that's an anti statement for Aoyama's laser being light technically as it passes through him, but natural light doesn't.
No, he said it himself he’s blind in that form, we already don’t accept it as light speed though.

It does passes through him, he states light passes through his eyes so he can't see.

Him being visible is just fiction being fiction, and not thinking things through. Or just plot convivence.

He is not visible when phasing since he never phases his entire body at once
There's that entire scene at the start of the 1-A fight where Mirio phases, loses his clothes, and Jiro gets flustered because he's naked. So he has to be visible while phasing despite the fact that light passes through him

There's that entire scene at the start of the 1-A fight where Mirio phases, loses his clothes, and Jiro gets flustered because he's naked. So he has to be visible while phasing despite the fact that light passes through him
He has to become solid to attack, so I think that’s what happened, he also says that when he becomes unsolid and then solid while still in a surface he gets thrown up

10% and 15% aren't confirmed faster than Overhaul, they're just faster than 8% but slower than 20% which is faster than Overhaul)
So is the scaling 8% is slightly slower then overhaul, 10% would be around overhaul’s speed, and 15% and 20% are higher (I could see 15% being in HHS if we upscales speed by using OFA percentages as an atleast, like multiplying 10%’s by 2 for 20% given the incredibly large gaps, as 8% was falling behind him slightly and 20% near blitzed him, only being blocked by very telegraphed moves)

No, we don't treat Izuku's percentages linearly whatsoever.

We have no official confirmation that 10% or 15% is faster than Overhaul. They're faster than 8% and slower than 20% which is faster than Overhaul, that is it. Note: In the same vain if they scaled to something above Overhaul, he'd have no reason to scale to them either. Not saying those percentages should be slower than him.

Just that they don't have a reason to be slower or faster than the other.

No, we don't treat Izuku's percentages linearly whatsoever.

We have no official confirmation that 10% or 15% is faster than Overhaul. They're faster than 8% and slower than 20% which is faster than Overhaul, that is it. Note: In the same vain if they scaled to something above Overhaul, he'd have no reason to scale to them either. Not saying those percentages should be slower than him.

Just that they don't have a reason to be slower or faster than the other.
with the note, I can see that
but I’m sad about the OFA percentages in terms of upscaling vs downscaling, I know 5% isn’t 5% of 100%’s power, just there not being some consistency in upscaling with percentages atleast being slightly faster (1.1x at the very least), pisses off my ocd for some ungodly reason

Mirio is visible when phasing since they all aimed at his face and torso despite him phasing, since they went through him. Him being visible is just Fictionium at work. The fabric that makes the story bend to whatever looks coolest.

Or maybe what we’re seeing is some sort of weird afterimage since the light that WAS touching him doesn’t really know what to do when he suddenly vanishes? Who knows.

Yes but brute force attacks are different than piercing stuff, it’s the equivalent of bullets just bouncing off of All Might like he’s Superman. Even Deku has been pierced by stuff iirc
Has Deku really been pierced by stuff far below his level tho, like normal handgun rounds?

He’s only ever been pierced by people as strong or stronger than him, like Nagant.

Looking back the self destruction calc was kinda pointless, as the blast came from INSIDE her, unlike an external explosion. Realistically, her durability would be far above the feat

Yeah I double checked, it's now 6359 megatons, so the Nomu would be 635.9 megatons
Such a massive difference 640 to 635.9

I jest I jest, this affects like, almost nothing, 45% and Endeavor still downscale and AFO Shigaraki’s matches were made off of Haha Decay GG (and I don’t think 4 mega tons affects star’s one match where She won by hax anyways)

Back