• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Dabi is just melting anything he comes into contact with, him landing behind Shoto causing the ground to splash from the impact is a cool shot. Shoto being punched into the building was amazing as well, some solid durability feat as well. Since Dabi is using Flashfire Fist, which gives his flames propulsions.

Also Todoroki's fire is looking pretty weird, and it seems to leave chunks behind like ice would when breaking apart. And the Flashfire move he's using is coming from his right hand, which is his ice side. Phosphorus is an interesting name for this move, have a good idea on what it might be based on the name alone.

This is a solid chapter, very well done. Also nice feats for the sidekicks, being able to stop a Hell Spider that is stronger than Endeavor's. I don't think we know what the sidekick with the spike helmet does yet. Though he was just holding Dabi's Hell Spider with his hand, and pushed it to the side? Don't know how to describe it.

In Vigilantes he has something that shoots out fire and is shown controlling the existing flame. So his Quirk lets him control fire but he cannot create it?

Burnin' and Kido seem to work together to redirect their own Hell Spider whip. She uses her hair and to deflect it to Kido, who deflects it even more and away from Shoto.

I assume Dabi blitzed Shoto like that by jetting forward with his fire.

I really love how physical he got too. He was just straight punching Shoto while using his flames, was incredibly raw. And Shoto showing he’s no one shot fodder for getting launched by a Jetburn into a building and getting back up, though his Phosphorus might have helped him there.

This fight is going to be a fan favorite I’m sure. Dabi, who is literally a better Endeavor, complete with copying his moves, vs Shoto who has finally grown to truly make his quirk his own, no longer separate but embraced for both sides. Looking forward to it.

Ice on both sides when? I feel that is going to be an important factor for Shoto, since the focus on Endeavor has been shackling both of these characters, so acknowledging Rei as well might be what breaks the cycle.

Looks like Koichi is gonna be CC's sidekick in the West.

Also Dabi gets better and better portrayal every time he appears. Comparing his first reveal where he just looked like a bum who didn't even know any technique to right now when it's revealed he not only mastered FlashFire but even Endeavor's techniques off just watching him on TV, dude is basically a genius.

(Also he was basically the strongest league member before MVA even though we didn't know it yet)

That makes it 7-A with Flashfire. Like how Endeavor does his Flashfire Punches. Dabi's Flashfire is superior to Endeavor in terms of firepower, this is repeatedly stated over an over again. Todoroki gets actual 7-A durability for withstanding the force of Dabi's Flashfire, which is superior to Endeavor's own, which is 7-A.

Dabi can get 7-A striking strength with Flashfire. Highly doubt Dabi's Flashfire is superior to everything, but just happens to be inferior in this regard.

Did y’all forget that Todoroki absorbed the heat from what’s Dani said?

EDIT: nvm then1st punch wasn’t as strong as the 2nd but he didn’t absorb that heat but the 2nd punch was a more bigger dmg dealer but he absorb all the heat from it

Last edited:
Use the spoiler tag if you're going to be discussing stuff from leaks.

7-A has nothing to do with heat, also Todoroki took that first punch before his technique was ready. The force of Dabi's Flashfire is 7-A, not the heat which doesn't scale to anyone even if they tanked it. They'd just have heat resistance. The amount of impact is 7-A, as Dabi's Flashfire>Endeavor's Flashfire. As Endeavor's Flashfire carries enough force to punch down on a Near High-End Nomu.

Endeavor wouldn't be 7-A via burning a Nomu or Shigaraki, he's 7-A via harming a Near High-End Nomu with a propelled punch and matching Shigaraki's Air Cannon. Which was strong enough to harm himself (Endeavor).

Also these aren't the official translation. And we aren't changing the profiles for awhile because of stuff like this, who knows what'll happen next chapter.

I know Dabi's hits would be even stronger than Endeavor's but do we suddenly scale every hit to each other? Like
Dabi's first punch against Shoto was just a regular fire enhanced punch, it wasn't a technique. Then he stomped the ground which either launched Todoroki up, or Shoto himself dodged, I can't tell then Dabi hit Shoto with an actual named attack which is JetBurn. I honestly don't see why the punch that wasn't even a named attack would be considered 7A considering it didn't even deal much damage and we have seen Shoto take more damage and even get KOd from way weaker attacks than that.

Of note is definitely Dabi's intelligence in mastering techniques cause even as early as war arc we learned that learned Prominence Burn and Jet Burn off just watching Endeavor on TV.

Dabi throwing out an attack that is thousands of time weaker than his distraction attack makes very little sense. Naming a technique doesn't make it vastly powerful, when Endeavor has been shown to injure Near-High Ends without naming a technique. What Dabi does against Todoroki is literally no different than what Endeavor does here.

Dabi Flashfire is superior to Endeavor, a very simple concept.

Will Dabi’s dura be upgraded to 7-A too? Even though he’s stated to have a weak composition he can handle the force of his 7-A flashfire hits

Has there ever been an explanation for how All Might can tank Rivet Stab without getting pierced? It’s a literal BLADE, and besides All Might’s immense strength, he still has the physiology of a human (Endeavor was pierced by it even though he also has 7-A durability)

Has there ever been an explanation for how All Might can tank Rivet Stab without getting pierced? It’s a literal BLADE, and besides All Might’s immense strength, he still has the physiology of a human (Endeavor was pierced by it even though he also has 7-A durability)
What are you talking about lol? OFA is a stat booster, it boosts every physical stat: speed, strength, and defence. It elevates the entire being, not just one aspect. So All Might simply tanked it since attacks of that level cannot pierce through his skin when he is powered up.

What are you talking about lol? OFA is a stat booster, it boosts every physical stat: speed, strength, and defence. It elevates the entire being, not just one aspect. So All Might simply tanked it since attacks of that level cannot pierce through his skin when he is powered up.
Yes but brute force attacks are different than piercing stuff, it’s the equivalent of bullets just bouncing off of All Might like he’s Superman. Even Deku has been pierced by stuff iirc

Yes but brute force attacks are different than piercing stuff, it’s the equivalent of bullets just bouncing off of All Might like he’s Superman. Even Deku has been pierced by stuff iirc
Yh Deku has been pierced by stuff from people around his level or higher such as Overhaul’s spikes and Stain’s blade or Nine’s lasers. Don’t forget even low grade Nomu are bullet proof.

Dabi needs that High Hypersonic+ scaling. He (somewhat) outsped Onima and Kido's perception. The same Kido who can track and redirect a full speed Endeavor.
Yup, and Dabi was also capable of perception blitzing another Hypersonic+ character while MID SENTENCE (Todoroki). I’m fine with HHS+ or just downscaling from it

"The Spider was a smokescreen!" He didn't move so fast that they couldn't track him. They couldn't see Dabi, and in that confusion he was able to get behind them. The attack itself likely didn't last long, and I do agree with Dabi scaling to Endeavor. He should be propelling himself with the same or even more force than Endeavor does.

He probably began moving right after he fired off the Hell Spider. And while they're all distracted with dealing with his attack he began moving.

"The Spider was a smokescreen!" He didn't move so fast that they couldn't track him. They couldn't see Dabi, and in that confusion he was able to get behind them. The attack itself likely didn't last long, and I do agree with Dabi scaling to Endeavor. He should be propelling himself with the same or even more force than Endeavor does.

He probably began moving right after he fired off the Hell Spider. And while they're all distracted with dealing with his attack he began moving.
Yes it was a smokescreen however one of Endeavor's assistants directly comments on his speed. it makes sense that Dabi wouldn't be able to directly outspeed them since they directly assist Endeavor, but he can still keep up.

Dabi's gotta be the biggest con Horikoshi has given us considering before war arc, he was pretty much known as a jobber. I remember people saying Dabi would have to team up with Geten to fight Shoto only for him to outright stomp Shoto once he revealed his FlashFire. On top of that, he knows pretty much Endeavor's entire moveset.

And when did I suggest Dabi wasn't fast?

I even agreed that he is at least as fast, or even faster than Endeavor.

So where exactly did I say something wrong?

Dabi's gotta be the biggest con Horikoshi has given us considering before war arc, he was pretty much known as a jobber.
I remember Dabi's flames were calculated at High 8-C a very long time ago, and there was serious discussion on the calc being an outlier. Since Dabi is suppose to be fodder and it made him too strong. Looking back at it now... oh boy.

Deku really can't be compared to All Might in durability. It's not like All Might has many piercing durability feats but he does a projectile deflection feat in Vigilantes with his bare palm, he tanks enhanced air canons to the stomach in Kamino which donuted Jeanist's stomach showing they are peircing attacks, plus obviously the Rivet Stab one.

Rivet Stab can stab through Kurogiri & Magne in Kamino & Endeavor + Bakugo in War arc. It's kinda obvious it can't stab through 100% considering it couldn't go through Deku's hand when he punched it. So if Deku had a more balanced OFA output as All Might, basically 100% full Cowl, he wouldn't have to worry about stabbing attacks at that level.

I remember Dabi's flames were calculated at High 8-C a very long time ago, and there was serious discussion on the calc being an outlier. Since Dabi is suppose to be fodder and it made him too strong. Looking back at it now... oh boy.
Ah the days when everyone and their mother used to clown on Dabi for being trash. People used to argue he’d lose to Toga or that he was way weaker than Geten but here we are.

Back