• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Denki didn’t raise his hand in that “Nine lightning feat” before the lightning hit the ground. I’d make a CRT, but I’m led to believe theyre not allowed right now?
Yesn’t. for stuff pre-final act I think they are (like everything Deku’s first page covers), but after that it’s a no fly zone

To my knowledge, raising his hand like he did is how Denki attracts the lightning (basically making himself a lightning rod)

I don't really care what happens though since it's more of a supporting feat anyway.

To my knowledge, raising his hand like he did is how Denki attracts the lightning (basically making himself a lightning rod)

I don't really care what happens though since it's more of a supporting feat anyway.
It /could/ be a way to attract lightning, although I can’t find anything in canon that supports he NEEDS to do it. It’s just a cool pose he does because he’s Denki. Turning his quirk on is enough.

Either way, he never raised his hand until after the lightning stuck the ground. While the lightning was striking, he stepped in before it could do real damage to Deku and Bakugo. That could explain why they still took quite awhile to catch back up. They were blasted away (we see Deku get flung back when the flash of white appears) but since the lightning wasn’t focused on them like last time, they didn’t take the brunt.

I fee like I should bring up, CRT or only on hold for new stuff that comes out. Anything based on old information, or new calcs on old feats should be fine.

Basically anything that doesn't come from new chapters, interviews, spin offs, or the like should be fine.

Someone has a problem with a feat on a profile, you can make a CRT about it if you want. However if Shigaraki is shown to take 100% of OFA without much damage, or does a Tier 6 feat that'll scale to other people. We'd have to wait on that, since things can change quickly or maybe what we think happens is different than reality.

We aren't going to restrict every possible CRT, just use common sense to wait on something before jumping the gun.

Well, I’ll make a CRT for Denki’s “speed feat” unless Ultimate Invader shows me where he moved before the lighting strIke Hit the ground.

Unless Denki's lightning speed feat is encoded in the profiles themselves, a CRT isn't necessary. You can save up your argument and debunk the feat in this thread or if someone ever makes a CRT that pushes to include the feat in the profiles.

Mach 163.99 was accepted. Did it again, just only sent the link to Therefir.
(for reference cumulus typically only form during the day due to the sun heating the air and such, so the thinner clouds here are more likely Altostratus, more common at night, as while their still made by air heating and such, their just much thinner and thus easier to form).
But yeah I’m still trying to not be dumb with it anyways, (if You want I can let you in on the convo between Kingofwolves and I)
could have walked the hell out of it because the truly most common are Noctilucent clouds, but those are 75km to 86km iirc so I’m not touching that with a 30 foot pole
Do you have the link?

Generally, do lasers making things explode or setting stuff on fire, make them more or less considered “real lasers”? Just curious.

This wiki's page doesn't mention anything about explosions, and lasers in reality can cause explosions if given enough energy.

However I'm not certain how much we'd take that as face value.

Honestly I see explosions as not disproving or proving anything, basically a "laser" causing an explosion doesn't and shouldn't mean anything.

That's my personal opinion.

Is there a reason why we never accepted Lightning Style Number 6 as MHS+? It fulfills some of the properties I thought, like the plasma stuff

Not enough evidence for it to be as fast as natural CTG lightning iirc
Always wondered why something being STATED to be lightning doesn’t qualify for MHS+, considering that is a criteria for lightspeed. And before someone says “bUt eLeCtRiCiTy”, electricity ≠ lightning when it comes to statements

I'm not as familiar with Vigilantes as I am with the main series, but isn't the only time Lightning Style is ever stated to be lightning is in its name? Every other time calls it plasma or electricity. It would be like automatically assuming Howitzer Impact is as strong as a real howitzer shot, or automatically assuming 1,000,000% is 10,000x more powerful than 100%.

I'm guessing @Mazdoesstuff is referring to one of 6's modes or styles(idk haven't read vigilantes) being called Lightning Style. Though that's just a name fallacy and also would be kind of inconsistent with other feats that we have. Sorry if I'm wrong but that's the only lightning statement I know from either series.

Would anyone love to see deku creating super move names using greek norse mythology like kerunos or tarturus.

Last edited:
like what is the third?
  • The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
You need to meet at least 3 out of the 5 requirements, and you can't have any anti feats like these

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
You need to meet at least 3 out of the 5 requirements, and you can't have any anti feats like these

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)

1. In guides it was said that it was a laser, and in the series it is said that.a laser attack with incredible impact.
2.13 says that he can absorb aoyama's light, since he has the black hole quirk (but of course this black hole is not as harmful as a real one)the black hole absorbs light .
3.toru hagakure can reflect that(the explanation is that toru is invisible because she absorbs light,but when the light hits it directly it will be visible and reflect that light)
4.Aoyama does not move at the speed of light, but he uses it to attack, since he can damage any object with the attack, but he will never use it to move at that speed (like when he uses it to move, he only uses it to move but he didn't move at the speed of light, because it doesn't work like that)

1. In guides it was said that it was a laser, and in the series it is said that.a laser attack with incredible impact.
2.13 says that he can absorb aoyama's light, since he has the black hole quirk (but of course this black hole is not as harmful as a real one)the black hole absorbs light .
3.toru hagakure can reflect that(the explanation is that toru is invisible because she absorbs light,but when the light hits it directly it will be visible and reflect that light)
4.Aoyama does not move at the speed of light, but he uses it to attack, since he can damage any object with the attack, but he will never use it to move at that speed (like when he uses it to move, he only uses it to move but he didn't move at the speed of light, because it doesn't work like that)
1. Not all lasers are light speed just because it says it's a laser doesn't mean anything
2. I guess this is ok
3. Not sure about this one, I'm going to need a rusty explanation for this
4. Bro that makes no sense 😭

Also, even if the laser was light speed we all agreed I think that it would be an outlier for the verse and basically invalidate the current speed meta and all current calcs

1. Not all lasers are light speed just because it says it's a laser doesn't mean anything
2. I guess this is ok
3. Not sure about this one, I'm going to need a rusty explanation for this
4. Bro that makes no sense 😭

Also, even if the laser was light speed we all agreed I think that it would be an outlier for the verse and basically invalidate the current speed meta and all current calcs
how is it an outlier if it is reaction speed, all the characters react to that laser

also by the room I mean the fact that aoyama uses lightning to move, well that's it, he uses it to move and attack, but not to be faster.

wait,what?What does this have to do with anything, I didn't understand very well.
One easy way to identify an outlier is to compare the feat to feats shown by characters above the person doing the feat. Aoyama's lasers are supposedly light speed, yet characters far superior to him haven't shown feats even close to light speed or even Relativistic for that matter. Their best feats are within the Massively Hypersonic range.

Nine could move during Aoyama laser travel time.
Students can react to Nine.
So students = light speed reactions.

Students were blitzed by Mirio.
Mirio can’t catch bullets.

”not an outlier.”

One easy way to identify an outlier is to compare the feat to feats shown by characters above the person doing the feat. Aoyama's lasers are supposedly light speed, yet characters far superior to him haven't shown feats even close to light speed or even Relativistic for that matter. Their best feats are within the Massively Hypersonic range.

I literally said reaction reaction hell no one moves faster than lightning they just react to the ryo

Why do we use Deku saying “a howitzer shot is nothing compared to this!” with Nagant’s bullets when the raw Japanese says something completely different (not mentioning artillery anywhere) and there’s a much more safer calc in using the time her bullet hit the building in front of Deku? And the other times it hits the other buildings.

”She could be using varying degrees of power—“

We’re shown what she looks like when she dramatically increases her firing speed and strength, her entire arm bulks up several times in size, so…

We don't, we just use the sniper fire speed for the calc.

Though Earthyboy stated the raw mention something, I do not remember what he said though.

However we don't use that statement for anything on the profile.

Back