• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Is there a specific statement that he did it instantly?
Idk, reason we don’t use it is because I believe it doesn’t have a timeframe, I kinda just assumed we’d get a total destruction for the hole on the mid sized mountain (given their is no rubble it’d be pulv I think?), and then divide it by 5 & 10 for estimations (like 1 strike, 5 strikes, 10 strikes etc etc)

Wonder how Twice’s quirk would work with those who have regeneration quirks, like Nomu and Shigaraki. Would they still melt away even if they’ve taken enough damage for a regular clone to disappear?
It likely increases the durability but once a completely fatal blow is dealt (like a shot through the heart or head), they’ll disappear. At least thats my thought on it

Comparing Chapter 158 to 350: the plane, the tree, the tiles, patterns, etc, it is pretty clear Overhaul was in the same facility as Dabi.

The original timeframe of Gigantomachia's original "mountain feat" was based on dust, someone searched about how long dust stays during an impact before it disperses.
Due to flip-flopping statistics due to varying calculations, aside from other factors such as we never saw Machia perform the feat, the entire calculation for the feat was axed. So we just use statements to scale Machia, I suppose.

The original timeframe of Gigantomachia's original "mountain feat" was based on dust, someone searched about how long dust stays during an impact before it disperses.
Due to flip-flopping statistics due to varying calculations, aside from other factors such as we never saw Machia perform the feat, the entire calculation for the feat was axed. So we just use statements to scale Machia, I suppose.
Yeah, I thought about using the average size for a mountain in Japan, getting the value, and then assuming an amount of strikes (like 5 or 10) and then dividing it.
i saw some calcs like that but I’m stupid so just ignore me

Ok but like, why assume it took time
Why assume that it was done instantly?

Like I mentioned, the feat was never shown in the manga. And during the times where we see Machia actually fight on screen, he never performs any feat that was remotely close to the results one would get when assumed that he performs the feat in one shot.
And on the contrary, we see more explicit feats suggesting that Machia not only would take time to do such a feat, but would take multiple strikes to do so. That's how his Burrowing looks during the War arc.

The only possible indication that the feat was instantaneous and done in one shot was the anime version, where Machia reaches out to Gran Torino before a dust spreads due to an impact. So there were people who assumed it was done in one shot, but even then it was a pretty huge reach.

Yeah, I thought about using the average size for a mountain in Japan, getting the value, and then assuming an amount of strikes (like 5 or 10) and then dividing it.
i saw some calcs like that but I’m stupid so just ignore me
You can scour for the old calculations instead, I guess.

Ok so general question, and I feel really stupid for asking this. But because Deku’s LS comes from catching the beam‘s weight can we apply the force of gravity to the weight (like f=ma)?

Ok so general question, and I feel really stupid for asking this. But because Deku’s LS comes from catching the beam‘s weight can we apply the force of gravity to the weight (like f=ma)?
Wasn’t the beam flung downwards due to Gentle’s quirk, tho?

I do find it interesting how Gigantomachia’s mountain/hills feat has no rubble. Not even some big rocks littered about. Just complete pulverisation and cleaving out the environment.

No, it‘s only there for a millisecond or two (though given speed, it’s still got like a 30-70 chance to be that hot)

Some heat resistance, but they are not exposed to that temperature for long.

5000 degrees can melt any metal, yet you can set off a nitroglycerine explosion on a metal table and it won't melt.

This is how long that heat exist for, even at 100X slow motion. Now obviously a stronger explosion would produce more energy and give off more heat in a larger area. But no one has 5000 degree resistance for taking Bakugo's explosions.

I'd call it baseline heat resistance, and that is it. Assuming they weren't shown with burns.

Kaminari like to draw in electric energy by raising his hand up. The calc is assuming Denki lifted his hand when the bolt started falling down. Though I don't see why he couldn't have raised it when they all noticed Nine gathering the clouds above him. Like their was a clear moment before he call the lightning for Kaminari to raise his hand.

Note: He may not have to do that pose, but he always does it for whatever reason. When we seen him in the crater he is making the same pose with his hand up.

actually, kaminari raised his hand before the lightning could hurt Deku, but after it was thrown by nine

the calc was consistent with the idea that denki could start raising his hand well before, but it does not change the fact that he fully raised it when the lightning hadn't hit deku and bakugo yet

Last edited:
This will sound a bit random but it is a question that makes me curious

I have read in old discussions that supposedly aoyama's suit works with normal mirrors, is there any source about that?

This is probably a dumb af question but why does Mina’s quirk ignore durability? Ik it has something to with the nature of acid but why does acid it’s self ignore durability?

This is probably a dumb af question but why does Mina’s quirk ignore durability? Ik it has something to with the nature of acid but why does acid it’s self ignore durability?
Melts stuff.
dont worry about being stupid, I forgot how to spell The word The once

actually, kaminari raised his hand before the lightning could hurt Deku, but after it was thrown by nine

the calc was consistent with the idea that denki could start raising his hand well before, but it does not change the fact that he fully raised it when the lightning hadn't hit deku and bakugo yet

When? Where is the proof of this claim?? Denki is never seen in the scene until the lightning hits the ground.

Neither. The calc is fundamentally wrong
Mach 163.99 was accepted. Did it again, just only sent the link to Therefir.
(for reference cumulus typically only form during the day due to the sun heating the air and such, so the thinner clouds here are more likely Altostratus, more common at night, as while their still made by air heating and such, their just much thinner and thus easier to form).
But yeah I’m still trying to not be dumb with it anyways, (if You want I can let you in on the convo between Kingofwolves and I)
could have walked the hell out of it because the truly most common are Noctilucent clouds, but those are 75km to 86km iirc so I’m not touching that with a 30 foot pole

Mach 163.99 was accepted. Did it again, just only sent the link to Therefir.
(for reference cumulus typically only form during the day due to the sun heating the air and such, so the thinner clouds here are more likely Altostratus, more common at night, as while their still made by air heating and such, their just much thinner and thus easier to form).
But yeah I’m still trying to not be dumb with it anyways, (if You want I can let you in on the convo between Kingofwolves and I)
I wasn't made aware of this

Denki didn’t raise his hand in that “Nine lightning feat” before the lightning hit the ground. I’d make a CRT, but I’m led to believe theyre not allowed right now?

Back