• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The Nomus need Reactive Evolution. It’s really obvious that they are able to adapt to their threats, with Mirko being able to demolish the Hospital High Ends but not being able to even hit them after they adapted, and with Deku stating that Shigaraki was adapting to his 100%
Don’t know if this has to become a CRT or I should wait until after the war but yeah

The Nomus need Reactive Evolution. It’s really obvious that they are able to adapt to their threats, with Mirko being able to demolish the Hospital High Ends but not being able to even hit them after they adapted, and with Deku stating that Shigaraki was adapting to his 100%

I had understood that they were not fully awake until chapter 268, but in chapter 269 one of the nomus when receiving an attack says that they had not finished waking up yet, and immediately a minor hero damages him with a laser eye or something like that.
(although this is based on notes I made when re-reading MHA and I don't have time to check right now)
Summary of what I said: The nomus were not fully awake

They didn't adapt to her, they just became more intelligent as they were waking up.

How would Toga react to someone she couldn’t stab but was in love with?
Probably constantly trying to kill them with other methods that result in their blood getting out of their body.

Or maybe she’ll steadily lose interest since she likes people when they’re bloody or similar to her. So if you’re neither after the initial meeting then her interest will just plummet the longer she can’t become you.

What about Deku stating that Shiggy adapted to his 100%
He never said that. Shigaraki was not getting stronger, his body was breaking down and he was getting weaker. Izuku was saying that Shigaraki was still capable of taking his 100% attacks, but his regeneration was slowing down. Shigaraki wasn't magically getting more durable. Shigaraki never mentions being more durable and is freaking out over 100% power, and is desperately trying to find a way to bring him down.

Shigaraki was also taking the same damage as he did beforehand. Another translation. "Even at 100% strength he's resisting my hits... but. I can see his regeneration is slowing! I am dealing damage." Though even in the official translation he isn't saying Shigaraki is getting more durable.

"Looks like he's adapting to my 100% attacks and taking hits! But... His wounds are healing slower! The damage is sticking."

Nomu were not stabilized/fully awake. Mirko even stated that the Nomu's eyes are starting to open.

I don't think Toga's thing is killing those she loves specifically, dying is just a side effect of that. What she wants is actually to drink their blood or to see someone covered in blood (Stain, Izuku) so obviously there's going to be a lot of stabbing and slashing involved but It doesn't mean the goal is necessarily to kill but to maim (though most would die anyway).

Also is there a confirmation whether or not her first love, that kid she drank from in her flashback, lived or died?

Last edited:
I don't think Toga's thing is killing those she loves specifically, dying is just a side effect of that. What she wants is actually to drink their blood or to see someone covered in blood (Stain, Izuku) so obviously there's obviously going to be a lot of stabbing and slashing involved but I'd doesn't mean the goal is necessarily to kill but to maim (though most would die anyway).

Also is there a confirmation whether or not her first love, that kid she drank from in her flashback, lived or died?
“I wanna be Mr. Stainy! I wanna kill Mr. Stainy!”

She wants to become people and thus kills them. She’s a serial killer. She’s done this to multiple people already. That’s why she’s a villain, cause she kills everything she loves to become it.

If she was given an outlet for her Quirk before she got to this point, you’d be right, she could get by with just taking blood from the person she loves. But the years of suppression and condemnation from her parents have pushed her to this path of needing to kill them to be satisfied.

If Toga wasn’t suppressed, she would be a completely fine person for needing blood, other than the discrimination from idiots like those that bullied Shinso. She could easily fit into society if society was more accepting of the issues having a quirk does to people biologically and mentally. She’s not a monster, her Quirk just needs to be understood.

But MHA’s society isn’t there, and instead worked on suppressing quirks rather than preparing for them. Hence why Toga’s story is a perfect example of the failure of society itself to accommodate Quirks in its current state.

If Toga wasn’t suppressed, she would be a completely fine person for needing blood, other than the discrimination from idiots like those that bullied Shinso. She could easily fit into society if society was more accepting of the issues having a quirk does to people biologically and mentally. She’s not a monster, her Quirk just needs to be understood.

But MHA’s society isn’t there, and instead worked on suppressing quirks rather than preparing for them. Hence why Toga’s story is a perfect example of the failure of society itself to accommodate Quirks in its current state.
Yeah, Toga got ****** over hard.

The recent chapters do reveal how much of a nerf prosthetics are in this world. And I remember there was a time people used to fantasize about Deku losing his arms and getting prosthetic ones.

Compress - [nerf] obviously since he can only use one arm instead of 2 with his quirk. Plus it seems he lost the ability to compress and shrink himself that he had back in camp arc otherwise he wouldn't have had to carve out his own @ss in war arc.

Re-destro - [huge nerf] his prosthetic legs breaking are why Tokoyami bested him easily. Then he gets battle-ready ones which Edgeshot breaks. I'm 100% sure that contributed a lot to Edgeshot beating him and only getting an injured arm (which healed pretty quick) in return.

Mirko - [nerf] while her durability has some questionable bits (Doesn't seem too high compared to her strength), her body >>>>>>> the prosthetics she was wearing.

Aizawa - [nerf] after getting the prosthetic leg, he says he won't be Mirko anytime soon probably meaning his mobility won't be as good as when he had both his legs.

8ef.png

Couldn't tomura just wear a pinky only glove (glove that only has pinky with 4 fingers missing) so he could hold things without disintegrating them.

like the pinky only glove could cover his pinkies that way he could grasp an object without disintegrating it since the glove is covering his pinky so technically he isn't using all five fingers on the object.

8ef.png

Couldn't tomura just wear a pinky only glove (glove that only has pinky with 4 fingers missing) so he could hold things without disintegrating them.

like the pinky only glove could cover his pinkies that way he could grasp an object without disintegrating it since the glove is covering his pinky so technically he isn't using all five fingers on the object.
You mean like some Artist Gloves?

So I'm just wondering. Is no one else bugged by final act Deku's PE uniform image on his profile? It just looks so saturated to me I guess. Or maybe just looks out of place compared to other images? What do you guys think? also his shoes looks 2.5d lol

So I'm just wondering. Is no one else bugged by final act Deku's PE uniform image on his profile? It just looks so saturated to me I guess. Or maybe just looks out of place compared to other images? What do you guys think? also his shoes looks 2.5d lol
I get what you mean the saturation is too much but let’s just wait till we get a full shot of Deku’s new suit

Moonfish should not be High 8-C+ for fighting both Todoroki or Bakugo he never overpowered them together or something like that. He just fought them for a unknown period of time and were struggling to beat him due to their condition. Todoroki also doesn't have any physical force AP at this time, excluding Flashfreeze Heat Wave.

His attacks were a threat to them, however we have better scaling with Gang Orca in this chapter. His Blade Teeth can injure him so that should be his AP justification.

Last edited:
Danger Sense has a huge range and can sense malice even towards other people across a city but it is not precognition like Spider-sense. It more or less depends on the mental states of the attackers and their intentions. I think this was always known with Deku explaining it vs 1A but with Toga we got to see it with respect to a character with mental illness.

Back