• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Mutant quirks do get disabled. We are shown this with Ojiro's tail as an example. It is just the mutation that remains since it is a biological permanent mutation.

Mutants are usually born looking the way they do so they can't really be "erased" unless the entire genes that cause the physical mutation are deleted.

Has anyone thought of revisiting that Gauntlet explosion Bakugo does on Mummy in Heroes Rising? I remember a heat calc for it but wonder if there’s a method to see the actual yield and whether it would be worth anything.

I never really understood the hate for Deku. He may not be the most relatable character but he is written in such a way that anyone could connect emotionally with his struggles. People seem to not like characters that are genuinely good and nice. They only care about edgy and dark characters.

And I swear if anyone calls Deku a crybaby, I'll find you, break your arms and ask you why you're crying.
(I don't promote violence.)

I mean even if you look at All Might’s extremely casual fights (like against Bakugou and Deku), he can create massive collateral damage by punching the air or just blitzing Deku
So like imma assume that AM was never actually at 100% at all unless he went against very big threats

EDIT: I’m a genius

0172-014.png

Last edited:
So like imma assume that AM was never actually at 100% at all unless he went against very big threats

EDIT: I’m a genius

0172-014.png
Yeah this. It makes like zero sense for anyone to know AM strength (except AFO and Kyudai and arguably Deku and whoever was at the end of Kamino) cause no one would’ve seen him go all out even against AFO it’s said he still isn’t fighting at full power when he cancels the Air Cannon.

I don't understand the speed scaling of the base Deku (2nd key)
-Deku in base can react to Nine's attacks so he's hypersonic in reaction
-Dynamight can barely react to Nine's attacks and once couldn't so Nine's attacks are hypersonic
-Dynamight scales to Deku 8%
-Deku 8% scales above Deku 5% which indicates that there is an increase in his speed along with strength

base Deku is scaling to Deku 8%, and that's obviously wrong

Last edited:
Take any base form scalings with a grain of salt. Not everything can be scaled perfectly. There was a time here when. base Monoma was scaled to like millions of times stronger or something.

I shit you not someone said they’re upset the heroes aren’t using more tech on Shiggy and said and I quote: “No matter how strong someone is a bullet to the head will kill them”
That probably comes from when Mustard gave his quote on fighting heroes and used a gun. Only to use his weapon on one of the few characters that bullets don't work on.

The fact that someone quoted a character who was blatantly proven wrong is even funnier
To be fair he was proven wrong only because he fought someone who was made of metal.

Most characters, even now in the present time, I don't think are tough as someone made of steel. Shoot Kaminari or Tsuyu with a gun, and they'll be hurt worse than Tetsutetsu IMO.

To be fair he was proven wrong only because he fought someone who was made of metal.

Most characters, even now in the present time, I don't think are tough as someone made of steel. Shoot Kaminari or Tsuyu with a gun, and they'll be hurt worse than Tetsutetsu IMO.
Meh Mirio was hit by a bullet and kept fighting

Well yeah the person just sounds ridiculous cause it’s in regards to AFO Shiggy, the perfect Nomu.

Bullets do work or should work on MHA characters who don't have super-durability. The thing is we can't know exactly who has super-durability and who doesn't. Some mutant-types do have enhanced durability by default even if it has nothing to do with their quirk while others do not.

So far, the only characters we have seen outright tank bullets and other peircing weapons is characters with hardening or defensive quirks (Kirishima, Tetsu, Fatgum, Muscular) and the Nomus.

We don't really have too many feats of characters just tanking stuff. All Might only has 3 instances of tanking piercing attacks: Air Canon since even Jeanist was donuted 🍩, Rivet Stab since it was clearly lethal to Bakugo & Endeavor, and some vague projectile in Vigilantes.

Deku and Bakugo for example have never done well against any peircing attacks. Deku gets cut by a sword at 5%, pierced by rock spikes at 8-20%, pierced by lasers and arrows albeit enhanced at 10-15%, and Nagant's bullets at 45%.

He just doesn't have any feats of just standing there and tanking stuff like Superman.

I just kinda wish more characters durability was actually tested against stuff like knives and bullets so we would know exactly who can withstand what and how much of it. Like if Mirko can 1 on 1 High-ends that even shrug off automatic fire is she bulletproof or is her durability massively lower. Can she tank a bullet to the eye the way even regular Grey Nomu did? We just don't have a clue.

Can Endeavor or any other hero do the same? Or is the durability of even top tiers below the level of Grey Nomu.

Back