• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Looks like there's about to be more info on Quirk Singularity.

Mirko didn't take any damage. Only her prosthetics were damaged but there's replacements under the tiles.

Moonfish is back.

Danger Sense didn't activate since it processes intent and Toga usually harms those she loves and admires

well that’s an aggravating weakness for Danger Sense that is SPECIFICALLY tailored for this instance and character only and no one else. I swear if she manages to stab Full Cowl Deku I’m giving up. At least so far he seems to be easily evading her but I have a sinking feeling that the scaling is about to get ****** up.

Other than that, interested to see how well the UA squad hold off Shiggy. And Bakugo + Mirko is funny to see, they definitely should hang out more.

well that’s an aggravating weakness for Danger Sense that is SPECIFICALLY tailored for this instance and character only and no one else. I swear if she manages to stab Full Cowl Deku I’m giving up. At least so far he seems to be easily evading her but I have a sinking feeling that the scaling is about to get ****** up.

Other than that, interested to see how well the UA squad hold off Shiggy. And Bakugo + Mirko is funny to see, they definitely should hang out more.
Yeah, I hope Hori doesn't toss away scaling just to make the situation a threat. As a comicbook fan, I'm already used to that kind of stuff but I still don't want to see it happen.

I wouldn’t say it’s tailored just for Toga since the power has always been this way He mentioned it didn’t activate vs Class A cause they didn’t want to hurt him and we had things like Jiro trying to hit him with a sound wave or Momo trying to put him to sleep or Tokoyami binding him down with DS and ramming him into buildings. Deku was getting tagged by people much slower than him a lot cause they had no actual intent to hurt him.

So Izuku has to travel 200 km to get back to Shigaraki's location? Wait he's 200 km off the pacific coast, which means he's 200 km away from Japan in general. I know Musutafu is on the coast, but that's a lot of ocean. Also Kurogiri's Warp range is really good, I wonder what the limit of his Quirk?

The Near-High Ends are implied to be stronger, AFO might've given them extra Quirks before the battle. Which isn't too surprising now that I think of it. Though I'm curious to see what exactly there plan was here. These things were already pretty tough, did they know beforehand they'd be dealing with two Nomu?

And how is Izuku going to cross this distance, they got a boat or something? Since Izuku can't actually launch himself at Mach 100 or something, he can't cross that distance easily. If his Faux 100% speed was true the time it'd take him to cross that distance would be around 5 seconds.

Since Izuku can't actually launch himself at Mach 100 or something, he can't cross that distance easily. If his Faux 100% speed was true the time it'd take him to cross that distance would be around 5 seconds.
I honestly doubt he'd be able to travel that distance, factoring in air resistance.

I caught up to the last batch of chapters .
I can't beleive Deku got absolutely blitzed by that low tier vampire girl and still didn't one shotted her already. If the whole plan fail because of that , i'm losing it.

So good at stealth that Deku didn't saw or felt the wire wrap around his arm or could react being dragged multiples meters. Nah , i truly don't like this. Instinctively , you should resist/tense up when being draggged , especially when he is supposed to have pretty good reaction speed.

And despite knowing he should get the **** out of here fast to regroup& go help with the plan , he still indulge her and start to ask her questions. If this cost Characthers lives ,i will really be mad.

Seriously, she just caught him off guard. I can see her being capable of keeping up in terms of speed, somewhat. But I wouldn't be surprised if the chaos of the environment, Danger Sense not working on her, and others stuff are factors that prevent him from just KO'ing her.

Cue Izuku swimming back to Japan, with a timer showing how long it'll take him.

Seriously, she just caught him off guard. I can see her being capable of keeping up in terms of speed, somewhat. But I wouldn't be surprised if the chaos of the environment, Danger Sense not working on her, and others stuff are factors that prevent him from just KO'ing her.

Cue Izuku swimming back to Japan, with a timer showing how long it'll take him.
New Olympic Gold Medalist

I mean she isn’t keeping up with him at all really. In the scene where she yanked him, he started in FC but the actual pull was against his base. So it’s not like she overpowered 45%.

And in this chapter she doesn’t do anything to him other than try to stab him and completely fail, even with stealth on her side. Only reason she’s getting near him is because Danger Sense doesn’t work on her so he’s more off guard than usual.

Now if she starts dodging or tagging him next chapter while his Full Cowl is up, then we have a problem.

I mean she isn’t keeping up with him at all really. In the scene where she yanked him, he started in FC but the actual pull was against his base. So it’s not like she overpowered 45%.

And in this chapter she doesn’t do anything to him other than try to stab him and completely fail, even with stealth on her side. Only reason she’s getting near him is because Danger Sense doesn’t work on her so he’s more off guard than usual.

Now if she starts dodging or tagging him next chapter while his Full Cowl is up, then we have a problem.
8-C Physically, 7-A with SHANK STICK

Let's be real though, Toga isn't scaling to anything even if she lands a "hit". Izuku is highly distracted with the surrounding chaos, Danger Sense isn't working, and he doesn't want to fight her as he needs to leave. I don't see how Toga will scale to him at all, he isn't even going to fight her for real. He has other things to worry about than her. I'll legit be shocked if she actually can keep up with him.

Toga hurts him with a kick or something and everything goes out of control.

Let's be real though, Toga isn't scaling to anything even if she lands a "hit". Izuku is highly distracted with the surrounding chaos, Danger Sense isn't working, and he doesn't want to fight her as he needs to leave. I don't see how Toga will scale to him at all, he isn't even going to fight her for real. He has other things to worry about than her. I'll legit be shocked if she actually can keep up with him.

Toga hurts him with a kick or something and everything goes out of control.
Bakugou hurts Izuku and it’s expected, but Toga lands a hit and everyone loses their mind cue cringe joker laugh

Bakugou hurts Izuku and it’s expected, but Toga lands a hit and everyone loses their mind cue cringe joker laugh
I think Bakugo's body is fit to handle the side-effects of his quirk. Which would make him a lot more durable than your average person. That's just how quirks function. As hinted by the Quirk Singularity.

Man, I really wish Deku already had bullet and knife tanking feats so this wouldn't even be a question but he surprisingly lacks feats against piercing weapons and attacks.

I saw someone mention how Koichi is a superior character to Deku...

Are people seriously that blind? Jesus Christ, I need to finish my document on Deku and fast.

I’m fine with people having their own opinions but man all the people who praise Koichi for becoming a hero with a weak quirk seem so silly to me now
What are they praising this man for?

He hasn't even put in a quarter of the work it took Deku to even control a small fraction of One for All's percentages. No offense to Koichi, but he's essentially a lite version of a Deku who would've become a vigilante in terms of morals or character development.

Like, okay. Koichi's quirk was weak at first, and then he learned how to master it after like, what? A few years of extensive training? At least he didn't have to put up with his limbs exploding anytime he used his quirk. Scratch that, at least he didn't have to piggyback 500 pounds worth of weight, on the sand, with no traction, for 10 months straight, just to have a chance at obtaining a quirk.

And people are saying he's the better protagonist? I haven't even delved into character development and I'm already seeing the holes in this logic. Peak comedy :ROFLMAO:

There is no such thing as a factual better character, people are free to have their own opinions and shouldn't be thought less of because of it. There is no such thing has holes in logic as what you find good for one character, can be seen as a downside for someone else.

People actually despise Endeavor and Bakugo, but think Dabi or Shigaraki are cool. Even though logically the latter two are far worst. Emotions do not follow anything, they are different from person to person. And unless people are taking it way too seriously, like sending threats or insulting others. They shouldn't be mocked for having such an opinion.

I prefer Izuku overall, but I very much like Koichi as well. Basically I'm boring.

Bakugo's 7-A rating is basically going to happen at this point. However we are not changing profiles just yet, we wait until a right point in this arc.

We have to wait until actual battle happens. For now the last few chapters have been just setting up the fights but the battles haven't actually started where characters actually exchange moves.

The Nomus need Reactive Evolution. It’s really obvious that they are able to adapt to their threats, with Mirko being able to demolish the Hospital High Ends but not being able to even hit them after they adapted, and with Deku stating that Shigaraki was adapting to his 100%

Back