• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Spoilers people use them, seriously.

Interesting that they're saying his speed in on par with All Might in his prime. I'm going wait for the official translation, because it could be very different. Also the question of Jeanist not really knowing how fast Prime All Might is.

As suspected, Shigaraki is different and will get a new key once all of this is over. His mutating expansion thing isn't even a Quirk, since Erasure didn't stop it. What the hell is going on inside of his body anyway? If Shigaraki has control over that, it'd be size manipulation and body control right?

How would we label AFO Shigaraki's keys anyway? 75% and whatever percent he is now? Or will we just name them by arc?

Interesting that they're saying his speed in on par with All Might in his prime. I'm going wait for the official translation, because it could be very different. Also the question of Jeanist not really knowing how fast Prime All Might is.

As suspected, Shigaraki is different and will get a new key once all of this is over. His mutating expansion thing isn't even a Quirk, since Erasure didn't stop it. What the hell is going on inside of his body anyway? If Shigaraki has control over that, it'd be size manipulation and body control right?

How would we label AFO Shigaraki's keys anyway? 75% and whatever percent he is now? Or will we just name them by arc?
I’d probably go with 75%-98% AFO Transfer and Completed AFO Transfer? Unless it isn’t done yet in which i got nothing

Probably just Incomplete and Complete? There didn’t seem to be a big difference between 75% and 98% for the Star fight, but here he’s getting directly compared to Prime All Might (assuming these fan translations aren’t wrong)

I assume he's like 99% at worst, or completed. Assuming he is complete right now, than Incomplete and Complete could work.

Horikoshi realized that in order to avoid drawing Mirko so much, it'd be best to kill her right away.

It does seem like they're implying he's stronger here. I doubt they'd still be making mistakes about his strength/speed when All Might himself is giving them information. At this point I think these statements are more reliable than previous ones. At least he should be comparable enough that they can't tell the difference.

Anyone else excited for Suneater to actually get some feats/scaling? Didn't expect him to be apart of the Shigaraki team, but hey Nejire-Chan and Suneater actually doing something in the final arc. Maybe we'll get more concrete scaling for her as well, no possibly rating anymore?

Need Shigaraki to punch Bakugo in the face.

Anyone else excited for Suneater to actually get some feats/scaling? Didn't expect him to be apart of the Shigaraki team, but hey Nejire-Chan and Suneater actually doing something in the final arc. Maybe we'll get more concrete scaling for her as well, no possibly rating anymore?

Need Shigaraki to punch Bakugo in the face.
Suneater getting 7-A matches? can’t wait for this

Shigaraki's Akira-esque look continues
Also it seems more like a biological reaction rather than a quirk seeing as even Erasure can't stop it. Also if not, born Aizawa and Monoma were using Erasure at the same time. Manual is the ever-responsible water boy. I do hope Mirio is here and we do get a Big 3 vs Shigaraki moment even if they lose.

Shigaraki using this mutation to try and regrow his fingers too, you can see the cap he had is gone and little fingers are growing out of it. I’m really interested in what this ability is and where he got it from.

If we remember from All Might: Rising, AFO had some weird fleshy mutation power there too. So this must be one of his stronger abilities or at least more versatile.

Unless Shigaraki is now immune to Erasure, I don't believe this even is a Quirk. And AFO wasn't growing mutations out of his body, the ground was turning into body parts like feet and mouths. AFO said Shigaraki was overcoming the Quirk Singularity, whatever the hell that means.

I have literally no idea what is going on.

We aren't touching any profiles whatsoever, I think we should wait until the majority of the battle starts happening. Putting things as they go along will create problems and could spread misinformation if there are any surprise twist. I'd say wait until the arc is over, but this is probably going to be a long one and you guys lack the patience required for such a thing.

At least until we're certain on how characters are going to be rated.

hey uh question regarding hitoshi's power.

i know that his limit is that he can't make them do anything complex but question

if they are under his brainwashing quirk. (could he force them to kill themselves?) just wondering

hey uh question regarding hitoshi's power.

i know that his limit is that he can't make them do anything complex but question

if they are under his brainwashing quirk. (could he force them to kill themselves?) just wondering
His quirk has been trained so he actually can make people do complex things with proper planning, as shown with making Aoyama’s mom have a full, perfect conversation with AFO.

Whether he could make someone unalive themselves is up to what he asks them to do really. It would have to be an instant death they couldn’t recover from otherwise the pain/shock from the attempt would snap them out of it.

His quirk has been trained so he actually can make people do complex things with proper planning, as shown with making Aoyama’s mom have a full, perfect conversation with AFO.

Whether he could make someone unalive themselves is up to what he asks them to do really. It would have to be an instant death they couldn’t recover from otherwise the pain/shock from the attempt would snap them out of it.

so people with guns then. (just tell themselves to shoot themselves in the head)

just how many quirks here ignore conventional durability?

although i noticed some even though they ignore conventional durability it still might not work. (like stains blood thing. but if the character is more durable then you can't make them bleed that's the problem)
A lot of quirks ignore durability. Decay, Rewind, Overhaul, electricity based quirks, flashfire fist from the Todoroki’s, quirks that just generally effect people like Magnetism or New Order.

saw this on twitter but its so funny how in overhaul arc everyone was like mirio is gonna be number 1 very soon ,then we saw all the crazy quirks that appeared later and then you start to think how tf would have he been number 1

saw this on twitter but its so funny how in overhaul arc everyone was like mirio is gonna be number 1 very soon ,then we saw all the crazy quirks that appeared later and then you start to think how tf would have he been number 1
Mirio was never going to be Number One, to begin with. Against heavy-hitters like the High-End Nomu's? He's virtually useless. He could've become a top ten hero probably, but not Number One.

i mean we can shit on mirio all we want but there is someone way worse in big three............................................ nejire
Nejire is out here scrapping with High Ends and on the same team as Deku and Mirko to fight Complete Shigaraki and she’s worse than Mirio? She’s like the 3rd strongest woman in the verse. Put respect on her name.

My personal head canon that seems more accurate than canon(to me at least): Nejire>Mirio>Tamaki. If nejire keeps up or deals good amount of damage to shigaraki currently then this will reinforce that idea even more.

I mean does she though? Pretty sure Mirio is considered to be strongest of the big 3 because of his skill. Though at the same time I can see where others are coming from. Maybe it's my bad memory but Mirio was just kind of briefly stated to be the strongest but we don't actually know why or how besides his skill with permeation. I guess Nejire could very easily just fly and spam her attacks if needed and Mirio couldn't really do anything about that. Same for Tamaki.

Tamaki was described to be the strongest with his quirk, or something along those lines. Statements like that doesn't always necessarily translate to direct combat performance.

Mirio is supposedly the best out of the Big 3, but that doesn't mean he decisively beats the other two. He is described to be the closest to becoming the Number 1 Hero, but that doesn't mean he's as strong as any of the Number 1s or even the Top 10.

It's not impossible for Mirio to defeat Nejire, but from their feats and showings she has a very natural advantage over Mirio should they ever fight.

Back