• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The hospital scene implied that 45% is now his new 5%.

Since they were discussing the difference. And nowhere is it stated that he needs the Mid-Gauntlets to use 45% as his base limit. We aren't even told if 45% caused him pain or something, we don't know why Izuku was using 30% and 45% like that. 30% and 45% could be like 10% and 15% or it could've been like 20%, we don't know.

Can I see the statement of them saying he needs the Mid-Gauntlet for 45%? Since I don't have any recollection of it, so maybe I'm just forgetful.

Bakugo's statement was over a month ago, anything can change in fiction during that time.
The scene of 45% was just to show what his limit is now. Back when he damaged his arms against Muscular 5% was his known limit. Bakugo’s statement of 30% being his base limit is 100% valid as he experienced no growth between then and the hospital scene and was in fact bed ridden and couldn’t have gotten any stronger. Bakugo also explicitly states that to prevent OFA from wrecking his body he only uses 45% at the moment of impact.

It’s not outright stated but implied. Midoriya is wearing 4 mid gauntlets that are stated by AM to reinforce his whole body. That’s the only explanation for why he can suddenly use a percentage of power that according to Bakugo would wreck his body with prolonged use.

That's just speculation though, Izuku got reinforcements for his arm as well when he was at 8% for being his base limit.

I'm heavily against putting that down like it's some stated fact and 100%. What if we find out that isn't it, what do we do then?

Can you provide factual evidence? At best I can only see it mentioned as a possibility, and note that it is speculation. We don't know what 45% even is to Izuku beyond it being used in the war, but afterward we don't even hear him using 30% at all. Maybe we'll hear more, but I suggest to wait until we get more information instead of putting unconfirmed information on the profile as if it is confirmed.

Not okay with that at all. Patience people, the key to everything.

That's just speculation though, Izuku got reinforcements for his arm as well when he was at 8% for being his base limit.

I'm heavily against putting that down like it's some stated fact and 100%. What if we find out that isn't it, what do we do then?

Can you provide factual evidence? At best I can only see it mentioned as a possibility, and note that it is speculation. We don't know what 45% even is to Izuku beyond it being used in the war, but afterward we don't even hear him using 30% at all. Maybe we'll hear more, but I suggest to wait until we get more information instead of putting unconfirmed information on the profile as if it is confirmed.

Not okay with that at all. Patience people, the key to everything.
It’s also speculation on your part that Midoriya magically got stronger by lying comatose in a hospital bed.

Even if we don’t put it down as a fact we should at the very least remove the statement that 45% is his new 5% when we have a statement that directly contradicts it and nothing that supports that theory besides a panel that has another interpretation.

His body is actively being reinforced by support items that can take a bullet from Nagant. It’s very different from the reinforcements his gloves gave especially since this is affecting his entire body not just a damaged section.

In short: Deku didn’t get any more strength physically as he was hospitalised. We have a statement that 45% will hurt him. He gets a support item that buffs his entire body and can now use his damaging percentage normally. The implication is clear to me.

Also in case you might’ve misunderstood me. I’m pushing for the statement that Midoriya’s 45% is his new 5% to be removed that’s it. I’m not arguing that he CAN’T use 45% without the gauntlets but he can’t use it the way he’s used 5% for prolonged periods of time without incurring injury in the past.

It’s also speculation on your part that Midoriya magically got stronger by lying comatose in a hospital bed.
The human body only gets stronger after the injured muscles recover, this process is called hypertrophy.

Deku was only in bed for a few days as he was quickly healed by Recovery Girl. That's not nearly enough time for his muscles to atrophy, so yes, Deku can actually get stronger by resting and recovering.
when we have a statement that directly contradicts it and nothing that supports that theory besides a panel that has another interpretation.
A statement that came from Bakugo and not Deku himself, who was able to keep using 45% even after the Mid-Guantlets were damaged beyond repair and his body was significantly weakened.

I agree with Rusty, we don't even know Deku's current limit yet.

Last edited:
The human body only gets stronger after the injured muscles recover, this process is called hypertrophy.

Deku was only in bed for a few days, as he was quickly healed by Recovery Girl.

A statement that came from Bakugo and not Deku himself, who was able to keep using 45% even after the Mid-Guantlets were damaged beyond repair and his body was significantly weakened.

I agree with Rusty, we don't even know Deku's current limit yet.
You’re saying he gained a 50% increase in overall power? He would’ve also grown slightly weaker from lying in bed.

What makes Bakugo unreliable now? They train together quite a bit. Again I’m not saying he can’t use 45% at all just not over long periods like he does with 5% for example. You also can’t prove he was using 45% continuously either when his gauntlets broke.

My entire point is just that the statement that 45% is his new 5% should be removed that’s all nothing more nothing less. I’m not arguing for some sort of downgrade especially when the Mid Gauntlets are standard equipment for him.

I believe changing the wording a little should be alright, if there is an issue with it.

The hospital scene implies that 45% is basically 5%, but nothing 100%. They were talking about his injures, as his body is vastly different than before. Could be Izuku can only use 45% because of the Mid Gauntlets, but we don't really know. Maybe he didn't have the same issue with using 45% like 20% was during the War Arc. And only limited himself for other reasons.

Izuku is using 45% as his base limit it seems, but saying it's because of the Mid-Gauntlet is unconfirmed.

You’re saying he gained a 50% increase in overall power? He would’ve also grown slightly weaker from lying in bed.
Deku was already able to use 45% for extended periods of time during the war arc, meaning his 30% and 45% could be just like his 10% and 15%.

A few days of rest is not enough to lose his gains, especially after Deku suffered such tremendous damage to his muscles (the more damaged your individual muscles are, the stronger you can get after recovering, and experience explosive growth). Deku has the advantage of having a character that can heal months worth of damage in mere seconds.

Deku was already able to use 45% for extended periods of time during the war arc, meaning his 30% and 45% could be just like his 10% and 15%.

A few days of rest is not enough to lose his gains, especially after Deku suffered such tremendous damage to his muscles (the more damaged your individual muscles are, the stronger you can get, and experience explosive growth). Deku has the advantage of having a character that can heal months worth of damage in mere seconds.
They aren’t though. He never used 45% for several hours and at most used it a few minutes at a time. We also have a direct statement from someone who trains with him regularly and knows about his abilities in Bakugo.

You can’t prove how much those gains were in the first place. His muscles weren’t even THAT damaged anyway due to bracing himself. Furthermore I’m pretty sure splitting your skin and doing that kind of damage doesn’t lead to hypertrophy.

I always wondered why there was such a desire to combine OFA with AFO. I feel like maybe the combination of the two would create some busted stuff and allow the user to freely obtain any quirk, or maybe create quirks out of nothing? Idk

I always wondered why there was such a desire to combine OFA with AFO. I feel like maybe the combination of the two would create some busted stuff and allow the user to freely obtain any quirk, or maybe create quirks out of nothing? Idk
Probably because the innate power boost OFA grants would ridiculously amp every single quirk AFO takes. You could take a quirk from someone and use it at far higher level right off the jump, and if you’re a genius at quirk analyzing like Deku and AFO, you don’t even need to think long before you’re using it to far greater effect than the original wielder. Imagine OFA boosted Super Regeneration for example, or boosted Search, Air Cannon, Rivet. Heck give Deku Hellflame or Half-Cold Half-Hot and see how much better he is with a boosted version of it than any Todoroki ever could be.

Not to mention you can combo these amped quirks to ridiculous effect and you’re basically invincible stat wise without even needing to steal physical quirks other than wanting too. You’re fast enough to basically meme on people and you have the quirks to make up for any weaknesses you might have.

Shiggy broke out of Jeanist wires, so he’s stronger than Machia. Well that’s one question answered. Also apparently Decay can’t activate though these arms can, so they’re different. Resistance to Power Null finally?

Also the set up for this plan would have absolutely bodied Shigaraki if Deku were here, god dang was this well thought out. Kaminari and Manga charging the barrier, Momo rebuilding the panels Shigaraki decays so he can’t keep decaying with lunch rush feeding her, Cementoss and Power Loader maneuvering the panels to move them should they get decayed, Monoma sitting in a chair laughing with Manual and Aizawa next to him so he has infinite Erasure time… this plan is ridiculously good.

But god damnit they can’t win without Deku to actually HURT him. Mirko just got smacked trying to get near him, and even if she’s strong, she’s a glass canon. Nejire and Tamaki aren’t strong enough to finish him either, so it’s only Edgeshot and Bakugo that can possibly beat him, and that’s a wish and a prayer.

This fight is going to be so much longer and more drawn out than it should’ve been for the heroes in there, so let’s hope they can hold it down for Deku to get there.

looks like the heroes plan was actually smart and foolproof. If Deku was there, then Shigaraki would have been done for. Still no actual fight happened this chapter so hopefully next chapter we actually get some fist-cuffs

Man, the heroes are about to smoke a pack on AFO and his goons. The only problem present is Shigaraki.
Much as I hate to say it, this might actually be the best outcome. No one knows about Toga+Twice, so Ochako team likely would get absolutely folded without Deku there, and then that would spread to other battlefields.

I have confidence in literally every battlefield except Shigaraki’s now.

However, we also can’t forget Spinner and his mutant squad likely gearing up for some ridiculous shenanigans that’ll turn the tide like Machia and Shiggy did in the last war.

Machia break out coming?

imagine a AU were toga was a hero instead of a villain and how much stuff in this current war would be different and so much easier

Machia break out coming?
Doubt it. Even if Machia does break out, they can just sedate him to all hell, or get Monoma to teleport him to another location. Even if by some chance that all of that wouldn't work... It's not like Machia is particularly invincible. Endeavor was capable of knocking him down in the War Arc, and Mt. Lady was capable of restraining him.

AFO and his goons literally pulled up in the wrong ******* hood man. The heroes are about to put this man on a T-shirt.

Oh wow so basically Shigaraki is outright stated to be on prime All Mights level. Kind of unexpected but at least we know for certain. I will say I'm disappointed they are trying to nerf him as much as possible and then for Deku to deal with him.

Edit: Nvm, Shigaraki speed is stated to be on prime All Mights level. My bad. Though that basically makes everyone who scales MHS

Last edited:
Why does Kurogiri have an unknown durability despite having feats for sustaining attacks
What feats? You need to explain them because I don't remember anything.

Don't know why Jeanist is still Unknown, thought his reaction and combat speed was upgraded when the first War finished.

It states on his durability section that he takes explosions from Bakugou and survived being attacked by stain (I assumed he’d be wall level atleast scaling from the students)
No wall level either, unfounded.

Bakugo never directly hit him, his body was made of the warp gate meaning he was intangible. Bakugo missed his real body alongside Kirishima. Stain only cut his arm, being cut by someone isn't durability. Kurogiri has no durability feats. Especially when Bakugo implied he could one shot him.

He was able to prevent Kurogiri from moving by threating to blow him up if he tried to. Seems like he wasn't confident in taking that attack and remaining conscious. That is speculation on my part, but regardless Kurogiri has no dura feats.

Back