• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Ikr. The best ones we have are decent but vague as hell like FTE Iida or Supersonic Edgeshot.
We also have 5km in Under 30 seconds and Bullet Train speed all might(Not sure one this last one but some try tell me it was stated in the ultra archive Databook to downplay All might)

Also we have Hawks stated far faster than a Plane probably the second best or the best speed statement Unironically

To be honest a bigger issue than the timeframe is assuming that the entire thing was fully made before Aizawa's blink was finished. The only amount of ice Todorki needed to create within that exact timeframe is the amount ice that would conceal him from Aizawa's view (which is admittedly harder to figure out).
We already had this exact discussion several months ago and the conclusion was to follow what Momo stated, which is that Todoroki can create that whole Ice Wall before Aizawa opened his eyes.

Last edited:
We also have 5km in Under 30 seconds and Bullet Train speed all might(Not sure one this last one but some try tell me it was stated in the ultra archive Databook to downplay All might)

Also we have Hawks stated far faster than a Plane probably the second best or the best speed statement Unironically
Best way I could describe it is this

Every other shonen series:”X character is faster than a lightning bolt!
He surpassed the speed of Light itself!”

MHA speed Statements:”SuBsonic AlL miGHt
MAyBe SuBsOnIc iiDa.
100 Km/h MaCHIa”
SUpErsoNic EdGEsHOt”

Well, the reason why I questioned Todoroki's ice speed feat in the first place is because multiple sources vary, although it's for that same reason that I'm not opposed to the 0.1s calc to remain.

There are other sources that says "1/10th of a second", or repeats the original source used and says 0.1s - 0.4s, like Harvard. UCL says its 0.1s - 0.15s. But there are also sources like this who say it's 0.3s - 0.4s.

No other sources states the average like the one I posted, they just give a range.

And 0.4 seconds is ridiculously slow, you could only blink once or twice a second, and let's not forget how Todoroki's feat was performed before Aizawa opened his eyes, because I assume most of these sources take into account the time it takes the eyes to open as well.

That's fair.

Do we have a calc for the people dodging or reacting to Todoroki's ice or do they just downscale to baseline supersonic (with a few being higher)?

No calc, but Deku can react and counter Todoroki's ice from a very short range, so I don't think it is really needed.

And making a calc using that speed would be considered calc stacking if I'm not mistaken.

No calc, but Deku can react and counter Todoroki's ice from a very short range, so I don't think it is really needed.

And making a calc using that speed would be considered calc stacking if I'm not mistaken.
His ice's speed varies, at its strongest, it'd be like Supersonic. So I don't think we can scale Base Deku to that. I could be wrong though.

Do the characters with Unknown physicals really need to have their Quirk listed in their tier section? Like, does Endeavor’s tier need to say ‘7-C with Hellflame’ when his AP already specifies that it’s with the Quirk?

I think the tier section should just be the tier and only the AP section should specify that it’s with the Quirk, like Wolfram’s first key and Aoyama.

His ice's speed varies, at its strongest, it'd be like Supersonic. So I don't think we can scale Base Deku to that. I could be wrong though.
Based on what? His strongest attack is just a large amount of ice shoot together, there's no reason it should be faster than his smaller ice attacks.

Korean scans are out, LQ though so still need to wait for the official release.
Probably unquantifiable speed feat for Bakugo and possibly Iida and Nejire too for intercepting the NHE while they were significantly far away from Jeanist's position, especially Bakugo.
Bakugo and Nejire seem to be able to harm or at least knock back multiple NHE, but their attacks weren't enough to put them down (possibly good indication for 8-A NHE).
Enji punched Machia enough to stagger him while Machia was powering up. Immediately after, the effects of the drug became apparent.

EDIT: Fan translations are out, actually. Maybe I was just late to the party.
Shoto and Dabi are just hilarious. Shoto's basically saying "Bro, your fire resistance is far weaker than mine. This fight is taking too much time and you'll probably die of your own flames before you even actually burn me." Dabi's skin is burning, Shoto might be too but not nearly as bad as Dabi enough to make visible indications. So far he's resisting + he has ice. Dabi's emotions is clouding his judgment, Shoto can outlast him.
The drug really took effect after the punch from Enji, maybe the punch helped? Lol

Last edited:
its out on manga see but i gotta a question when they said... "giganta" is restored was that endy that flew up with flames? it looked like it but he aint do nothing

its out on manga see but i gotta a question when they said... "giganta" is restored was that endy that flew up with flames? it looked like it but he aint do nothing
Machia was already powering up by Shigaraki's orders, and when he started overpowering the carbon fiber's binding is when Jeanist said he's restored (probably referring to his strength being at full power? assuming the fan translation is accurate).
Enji then punches Machia, and right after the punch, Machia is surprised and said/thought that he suddently started feeling numb.
s

Endeavor being able to pimp slap a powering up Machia enough to stagger and move his head is still a notable striking feat especially with how spent Enji currently is. That doesn't mean he's 7-B or whatever, but nobody else aside from Mount Lady has been able to physically move Machia.

I'm back. And Mirio not taking out the Near High-Ends was expected and funny. They all have regen so even if he could do massive damage, they'd just heal. Also the Near High-Ends can take hits from Bakugo and Nejire, though I need to see the official scans before judging anything.

I was kind of taken back to see Endeavor knock Machia down, but yeah the drug is kicking in so that makes sense. This doesn't look good for the villains, retreat is their only option right now. Though some people have pointed out Toga isn't here yet, I wonder if she's going to do something big or just appear out of nowhere when they're leaving.

Can someone point me towards the statement that puts current Bakugo equal to 30% Deku in terms of power?

Can someone point me towards the statement that puts current Bakugo equal to 30% Deku in terms of power?
It’s mainly based on Bakugo stating he constantly grits his teeth to make sure he never falls behind Deku in chapter 275 it’s a vague statement though and I’m neutral towards it

To be honest if Bakugo is gaining dura negation why would he even scale to the Near High-Ends?

He only would if he displayed force rivalling them.
He isn't going to, Bakugo has never done anything like that. Explain how would he even do that, I'm confused on how Bakugo should even scale to anything in this case.

Give an example because I'm lost. I'm not saying use an example from the series just make it up. Since right now Bakugo's only rating comes from his own calcs.

He isn't going to, Bakugo has never done anything like that. Explain how would he even do that, I'm confused on how Bakugo should even scale to anything in this case.

Give an example because I'm lost. I'm not saying use an example from the series just make it up. Since right now Bakugo's only rating comes from his own calcs.
Endeavor for example was able to tear off Hood's arm with Jetburn. Assuming Bakugo did something like break a High End's guard with an attack or punch a wholethrough one then he'd scale.

I've been looking over the St. Louis Smash Deku did that put him at 8-B+. I'm not sure if it actually is a vortex or not and I'm thinking the calculation might have an error. Anyone mind giving their thoughts on it?

Looks like almost everyone in the entire battlefield can fly now. Dabi hasn't left the air, the entire fight too.

Also looks like every mini-explosion from Bakugo right now creates sonic booms. It also seems like one of Mirio's punch in that panel spread creates a mini-shockwave.

Looks like both Machia and Shigaraki are out after this. Machia running all the way here probably helped the anaesthetic circulate in his system much faster, lol. Hori has been Interchanging the winning side the entire arc so I can't even predict how this fight will end.

Its funny how like 2-3 chapters ago the hers seemed 100% screwed but now they've managed to completely flip that on the villains.
It's equally sad that all those cool-looking villain lieutenants that Hori introduced has done **** all (except for Kaminari's uncle who got punked first, and the one with holes on his body who took a sonic wave to the face from Orca).
The villains were rallying behind Machia, I wonder where they went now.

It's equally sad that all those cool-looking villain lieutenants that Hori introduced has done **** all (except for Kaminari's uncle who got punked first, and the one with holes on his body who took a sonic wave to the face from Orca).
The villains were rallying behind Machia, I wonder where they went now.
That lightning villain was a threat for an entire page
He was still better off than the other lieutenants

i just noticed something, since giganta is down how are the villains gonna get away? dabi is busy with shoto and best jeanist can catch anyone same with mirio...normally they had that teleport guy but he isnt there anymore.

i just noticed something, since giganta is down how are the villains gonna get away? dabi is busy with shoto and best jeanist can catch anyone same with mirio...normally they had that teleport guy but he isnt there anymore.
You just gave the answer.
Kurogiri's prison break incoming.

Back