• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Soldiers: Shoot at Deku's direction

Bullets: Land on the wall behind Deku after he moved

AtomicSekiro: Deku can permeate through bullets they all clearly missed he can't dodge them the soldiers are stormtroopers smh
The bullets missed Deku. You can literally see one passing by right over his foot.

YOU are the one making the assumption the next 2 bullets somehow curved mid-flight or that the gunman moved his gun so fast that he could aim the next 2 shots at Deku’s head before the bullet he JUST fired could hit the wall.

You also conveniently ignore that the guard fired AGAIN /after/ Deku jumped out of the way.

• the bullets are inconsistent.
• we don’t see every bullet.
• Deku never reacts to one, they travel much faster than he does in less time.
• every bullet misses despite his lack of movement, literally passing over him.

”valid feat lol. MHA downplayer”.

We have a guaranteed frame of Deku dodging a shot after the bullet is fired right? That was the Mach 1.9 (formerly 1.19 value iirc).

I somewhat agree with Atomic cause the gunmen do seem to miss a few shots but we can’t really say ALL missed if we have that frame of him dodging after the bullet was fired.

There are zero frames of Deku dodging a bullet after it’s fired. Just people wanting to believe that he did so they can make him super fast, way beyond what his capabilities should be at that %.

The gunmen also DO have hilariously bad aim. Seriously. They are stormtroopers. Full auto, no pacing, panic mode, can’t hit a single shot who isn’t even making complex moves.

Image 1 and 2.

Image 1all THREE bullets miss. Image 2, gunmen fires again.

But hey, let’s all ignore certain frames and pretend those 2 bullets would’ve hit no matter what despite every other bullet missing from a poor shot. It makes green boy go faster.

There are two bullets right in front of Deku's face and they land on the wall after he jumped, which is what I calculated, you are not making any sense.

I checked the scene frame by frame and the soldier was already shooting at Deku's direction before he even performed the jump, you are just using the missed bullets to somehow justify all the bullets missed even though we can see then landing right behind Deku.

Sucks that the scene is playing at a certain FPS that doesn’t allow us to percieve what’s exactly happening. That adds a whole new layer of inaccuracies.

If it was animated in super slow motion 50000fps style and then we see Deku move faster than the bullets I would have less of a problem. But that isn’t what we have.

There are two bullets right in front of Deku's face and they land on the wall after he jumped, which is what I calculated, you are not making any sense.

I checked the scene frame by frame and the soldier was already shooting at Deku's direction before he even performed the jump, you are just using the missed to somehow justified all the bullets missed even though we can see then landing right behind Deku.
Those bullets missed. They didn’t hit the wall where his head was. They travelled the exact same path as the bullet right in front of them and hit the upper left corner, unless you’re saying the next 2 bullets curved to aim at Deku or the gunman is SO FAST he can fire a shot, and BEFORE THAT SHOT HITS THE WALL, aim his gun and fire TWO MORE shots that would have hit Deku’s face?

We don’t “see them land right behind Deku”, you SAY that we see that and that has somehow become ”fact”. When it never happened.

We literally cannot tell where the bullets are landing on a 2D plane with almost zero depth perception /with no visible bullet holes./ It’s literally all just guesswork and assumption.

The gunman missed every other single shot and yet you are ADAMANT that these 2 specific bullets would have, without a single doubt, with 100% undeniable proof, would have hit Deku despite the 1 other bullet RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM is already in the process of missing.

Again, it’s such a vague, inconsistent feat that requires too many assumptions and too much ignorance to get anything out of it.

Personally I'm just waiting for a statement saying the average student can't break the sound barrier.

Oh well. No matter what I say or how much I debunk, the “bullet timing” feat will always be forced into validity.

I’ll give it 5 months before someone more popular than me dittos my debunk and it gets removed again.

Faux 100% doesnt form a sonic cone, despite being one of, if not the fastest speed in the verse. Clearly the verse is subsonic due to this. Everything else is outliers. /s

That was referring to the sonic boom from the villain’s attack. Endeavor began running before they all felt it. It’s an intuition feat for Endeavor.
When did they say from the villain? In the manga it specifically says he outsped his sonic boom and that level of speed was beyond "speed"

When did they say from the villain? In the manga it specifically says he outsped his sonic boom and that level of speed was beyond "speed"
The villain’s glass formation forms sonic booms (it’s more notable in the anime). They never said outsped, they say: “He was off and running before we even heard the sonic boom. That takes more than just speed.”

The villain’s glass formation forms sonic booms (it’s more notable in the anime). They never said outsped, they say: “He was off and running before we even heard the sonic boom. That takes more than just speed.”
That said, that’s always been a confusing scene for me. Maybe the original kanji can enlighten me. Too bad I can’t read Japanese.

The sonic boom is in reference to his fire compression iirc, when does it state the glass formation caused sonic booms?

The sonic boom is in reference to his fire compression iirc, when does it state the glass formation caused sonic booms?
No it’s not. Endeavor began running before using his flames, so… just, no.

It’s not stated, but it is shown and implied. Endeavor began running before Deku and Co heard the sound from the villain’s commotion.

”That takes more than just speed!” sounds silly in your version: “that takes more than just speed— it takes /speed!/“ ???

It’s not a speed feat, but an intuition feat. No one is outspeeding anything in it.

No it’s not. Endeavor began running before using his flames, so… just, no.

It’s not stated, but it is shown and implied. Endeavor began running before Deku and Co heard the sound from the villain’s commotion.

”That takes more than just speed!” sounds silly in your version: “that takes more than just speed— it takes /speed!/“ ???

It’s not a speed feat, but an intuition feat. No one is outspeeding anything in it.
Ok i see now

I think only ones who’ve visually done that are Deku, Shigaraki and Endeavor.
I'm pretty sure Bakugo did it in Endeavor Agency arc then again in war arc with cluster. His cluster in Deku vs 1A also has way more cones/booms than Todoroki's. Todoroki did it with Flashfreeze Heatwave in Deku vs 1A, Iida as early as Stain arc with Recipro Extend.

Obviously this is taking sonic booms as a sign of breaking the sound barrier. But I don't know if people ignore sonic booms on here.

Back