• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I'm pretty sure Bakugo did it in Endeavor Agency arc then again in war arc with cluster. His cluster in Deku vs 1A also has way more cones/booms than Todoroki's. Todoroki did it with Flashfreeze Heatwave in Deku vs 1A, Iida as early as Stain arc with Recipro Extend.

Obviously this is taking sonic booms as a sign of breaking the sound barrier. But I don't know if people ignore sonic booms on here.
Recipro Extend doesn’t do that in the anime but good point with all those.

I don’t think sonic booms are really used besides supporting evidence since they typically appear to make something look cool. Of course if the author is consistent in when they appear they should probably be allowed.

Recipro Extend doesn’t do that in the anime but good point with all those.

I don’t think sonic booms are really used besides supporting evidence since they typically appear to make something look cool. Of course if the author is consistent in when they appear they should probably be allowed.
Here is the Iida clip. He created 3 cones:

I think the author does use them to show speed considering how rare they are and so far only characters with some degree of superspeed have been shown to break the sound barrier.

Also I think in the original comment people ignored someone as obvious as Edgeshot considering it was said be could transform at the speed of sound.

Here is the Iida clip. He created 3 cones:

I think the author does use them to show speed considering how rare they are and so far only characters with some degree of superspeed have been shown to break the sound barrier.

Also I think in the original comment people ignored someone as obvious as Edgeshot considering it was said be could transform at the speed of sound.

Faux 100% doesn’t have that kind of effect even though he’s like top 10 fastest in the verse (based on who we know of).

Horikoshi isn’t the most inconsistent but some characters don’t have it even though they should

Faux 100% doesn’t have that kind of effect even though he’s like top 10 fastest in the verse (based on who we know of).

Horikoshi isn’t the most inconsistent but some characters don’t have it even though they should
I'm not saying Horikoshi uses sonic booms everytime a character is faster than sound. How did you even manage to twist my words to mean that? What I said is that sonic booms are one of the ways to show that a character has broken the sound barrier.

Obviously there are different ways to show speed and authors will use multiple. There is the slow motion effect/ statuing effect used for USJ Nomu, Overclock users, Faux 100%.

There is after images or simply being faster than another character's sight like Hawks and the Spider villain in TUM and allegedly Deku in World Heroes Mission.

Someone else brought up Gran Torino outspeeding sound through the way his speech bubbles are drawn at the position he was previously at even when he already left.

There's probably dozens of other ways apart from these 4 to show a character's speed.

I'm not saying Horikoshi uses sonic booms everytime a character is faster than sound. How did you even manage to twist my words to mean that? What I said is that sonic booms are one of the ways to show that a character has broken the sound barrier.

Obviously there are different ways to show speed and authors will use multiple. There is the slow motion effect/ statuing effect used for USJ Nomu, Overclock users, Faux 100%.

There is after images or simply being faster than another character's sight like Hawks and the Spider villain in TUM and allegedly Deku in World Heroes Mission.

Someone else brought up Gran Torino outspeeding sound through the way his speech bubbles are drawn at the position he was previously at even when he already left.

There's probably dozens of other ways apart from these 4 to show a character's speed.
Perhaps we misunderstood eachother. I was just trying to say the use of the sonic boom or Mach cone isn’t consistent

Oh, really ? In which chapter was Six called faster than Overclock? maybe i forgot the chapter
I don't remember either but it's the chapter where it is revealed he can use the "Instant Eight" move. (it's chapter 38. He then gets a further amp to using Instant 10)

I've forgotten exactly how many O'clock could do but it was either 4 or 6. His wiki does not mention it.

Either way Six should be faster by 2 times or 1.3 times depending on which is correct between 4 or 6 (I can't remember).

If Six can throw 10 punches for every 4 to 6 punches O'clock can throw he's about twice as fast as him.

Perhaps we misunderstood eachother. I was just trying to say the use of the sonic boom or Mach cone isn’t consistent
Yeah, I never said it was consistent. I was using it in giving a list of students who are faster than sound since they visually broke the sound barrier on screen or on the page since people were asking which students were supersonic.

There might be other supersonic students but they don't have clear markers of them breaking the sound barrier so people might not accept them.

I personally believe that students have a travel speed at Athletic Human level, with the capacity of some short duration jumps to superhuman/FTE speeds, only having a combat speed at the supersonic level.
I think this might be a lowball for others since at the end of the day their speed comes from their quirks. Even ignoring those with downright superspeed, Mina's travel speed is through skating, Sato has superstrength and can jump pretty long distances and I assume run as well.

Sero was considered as having the best maneuverability next to Bakugo before Deku learned Full Cowl.

Tokoyami can fly now but even before he could fly he was shown moving through super-leaping in the Hawks internship flashbacks.

Aoyama does use his navel laser to fly/move even though it is all in non-serious scenes.

Even Mineta had his Mineta bounce thing that seemed pretty fast.

Of course if you take away their quirks and they all compete at base level it is when I would put them at human athletic level.

How tf did u guess
This site has pretty strict rules in terms of trolling or using "argument speak" from other places like comicvine e.g. calling someone a b|t(h even if it is in zest. I've also seen you get warned like over 10 times now.

So if you are like this in a site with strict regulation, I cannot even imagine what goes on in sites with zero regulation.

This site has pretty strict rules in terms of trolling or using "argument speak" from other places like comicvine e.g. calling someone a b|t(h even if it is in zest. I've also seen you get warned like over 10 times now.

So if you are like this in a site with strict regulation, I cannot even imagine what goes on in sites with zero regulation.
The only sites i use is this one, literally. I main discord and rarely touch twitter

Here six does that feat, and Six has a speed comparable to that of Overclock, In addition, Overclock in the fight agains rappa had to remove the mask he was wearing in order to better use his quirk against Rappa's blows.

So according to the author this is not Supersonic, Imao.
Makes sense Twitter is gross
Yeah, I've banned like 20 different accounts, mostly Bkdk artists that randomly pop up on my Twitter feed.

So according to the author this is not Supersonic, Imao.

Yeah, I've banned like 20 different accounts, mostly Bkdk artists that randomly pop up on my Twitter feed.
I guess Overclock/Six combat speed >>> Travel speed
Having a high hypersonic combat speed, but having trouble getting his whole body through such speed so he stays in subsonic / transonic when running

It cannot be otherwise, unless the author believes that modern weapons are way below subsonic or something

Remember in the 4th mha movie called heroes rise up, mineta got ofa and beat the main villan that had a fate quirk

Back